shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Tao, you ARE a jerkstore!! Haha, I love seeing that word again :bigsmile: CONGRATULATIONS again!! :appl: :appl:

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

sunkist said:
Tao, you ARE a jerkstore!! Haha, I love seeing that word again :bigsmile: CONGRATULATIONS again!! :appl: :appl:

Ditto! Jerkstore!!! YAY!!!! A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you Tao - see you on the preggo thread! :wavey:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Holy crap, Wellinsm!!!!! Many congrats!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

wellinsm said:
Well, I tried to hold out until AF was past due, but I was having symptoms so I broke down and tested this evening (12 DPO) and this is what I got. :appl:

I guess that you could say that I am cautiously optimistic. I plan on calling my doctor this week to see if they can send me for blood tests to confirm that my levels are rising at the appropriate levels and I would like to have my progesterone checked to make sure. I know now from experience that there are so many early losses that I don't want to allow myself to get too excited just yet, especially if this ends up being a chemical.

I haven't told my DH yet, as he is once again out of town. He is coming home tomorrow for 3ish days and is leaving again for 7 days on Thursday. He will get back the day before we are leaving for vacation to the Bahamas. I haven't decided if I am going to wait to tell him until we are on vacation or not. I think that it would be a great place to tell him, but it is quite a while away. Also- if there is another early loss/chemical I don't want to get him all excited and then for nothing......I'm kind of torn.

Sorry for the me centric post but I'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers that this sticks!

WOW, Wellism, CONGRATS on getting several BFP's! I understand the cautious optimism but hope that you have a SUPER sticky bean. Lots and lots of sticky dust for you girly!

I think its a good idea to talk to your doc ASAP to make sure your levels can be monitored to ensure you have the best chance of keeping this little one. I also think you should tell your DH, b/c if something does happen (God forbid), I imagine you will be upset, and then he might get upset that you didn't tell him. However, that's just my thinking, so do what you feel is right.

Btw, whatever you are drinking that makes you so super fertile, could you please send some my way? :naughty:

Congrats again and here is to a healthy and happy 9 months! :appl:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm just so happy to see all of the amazing BFPs this month!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I was popping back into this thread originally because W and I had decided to take things seriously once I got AF this month. I had quit my BC as of May 24th, so we were just "not preventing" the last 2 months until I figured out my cycle. I hadn't really been charting, just paying attention to at the very least, my CD and CM, as well as the occasional BD addition when I remembered to update.

So, over 4th of July weekend, I noticed I had, for the first time in my life, EWCM. W and I had spent the weekend at The Driskill in Austin to attend a friend's wedding reception, and we had a great relaxing weekend, and took extreme advantage of our suite. We had an amazing long weekend together and thought nothing of it.

So, this weekend started with my good friend Renee driving up from Houston to go to the Lady Gaga concert with (a very reluctant) DH and me. The tickets for the show were astronomically expensive, but DH's company has had a suite at the American Airlines Center here in Dallas for years. Unfortunately, I was late in asking DH to get tickets for the 3 of us, and until she added a second show on Friday night, I was sure we wouldn't be able to go. Begrudgingly, W asked for the tickets and we got 'em - great show. Copious amounts of free beer & wine, as well!

The next night we went out to dinner to celebrate Renee's birthday again and had. At this point, I noticed that I probably should have gotten AF on July 19th, and that maybe I should test once Renee went home. I hadn't had any AF symptoms, and aside from some sore BBs recently, I didn't really have any other symptoms to cause me to pause and think "Ya know, I could be pregnant!"

So, yesterday I decided to POAS in the afternoon just to rule that out as a possibility and let me tell you ladies - I was shocked! I didn't even think of a clever way to tell DH, just poked my head outside and asked him to come inside for a minute, and showed him the test. I think he's really pleased, mainly because he's told the most unexpected people that we recently went off of BC. We're both cautiously happy, but certainly trying to adjust.

I don't think it's really sunken in yet for me, but I've started making my appointments since I was hoping to change OB/GYN's sometime before we got KU. So, I'm in somewhat of a daze today. Happy, elated, amazed that after 16 years of nearly straight BC, that I actually know we can make a baby, and trying to figure out next steps and considering I just had blood drawn on July 12th for my thyroid monitoring, I'm not looking forward to all of the coming blood draws.

But, thanks for the support while I've been dipping my toes in, my lovelies! Also, if you know me on FB, I'm sure it goes without saying that I won't be making any announcements until things are further along. I haven't even called my Mom or sister yet - so far you guys are the only people that know!

LTPsBFP.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock

what's in the PS water????? Congrats wellin and LTP!

LTP: makes me laugh how you said, "I think DH is quite pleased" so proper :razz:.

Both you ladies have some BLAZING positives!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Wow!!! How exciting! Congrats wellinsm and LTP! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Tao -- I gave you a congrats on the other thread!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! I love it!! Very exciting, ladies!

:appl: :appl: :appl: Congrats LTP!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

And another Congrats to Wellinsm and TAO!

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock

Love the super dark positives! Congrats Wellinsm and LTP!!
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Well - I understand your cautious attitude. I'll be sending lots of sticky dust to you.

LTP - what a great surprise. Glad your stay was short and sweet.

DCG - I am with you! I'll take whatever those ladies are drinking. Our time is coming...... (hugs)

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

Looks like another baby boom has hit the TTC thread! Congrats to LTP and Wellinsm !!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: A happy and healthy 9 months to you both (and Tao too)!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock

Oh wow..congrats to all you recent BFPers Tao, Wellinsm, and LTP!!
I think we've got a record month for July -- that's 5 of you ladies (deelight, miscka, tao, wellinsm, LTP) w/in a week of each other.
I think there were one or 2 before miscka and deelight too? KTFu? Too many to keep track off ::)
Hope you all have a smooth 9 months.

Ryan Claire--
Fingers crossed for you if you are going to be testing soon.

Dcgator--
DD is doing good. She's definitely not a baby anymore, though she insists on still being a baby when I mentioned to her about being potty trained :razz:

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations deelight, miscka, tao, wellinsm and LTP. I'm so happy for you!!!! My best wishes for a happy and healthy 9 months. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Congrats to all the new pregnant ladies! :appl: What a boom! Hopefully there is something in the koolade and everyone here will be KU ASAP! :bigsmile:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock

Congrats tao, wellinsm and LTP :appl:

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Lauren - woohoo, so thrilled for ya hon!!!

Po%20-%20Fairydust3_0.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock

LTP - CONGRATS! Our stories are similar: 16 years on BC, testing to rule out pregnancy and bingo - BFP! Very happy for you! Oh, don't worry about the blood draws - you eventually get used to them. I am total needlephobe but when it comes to having draws for updates about Bean, I fork over both my arms without a moments hesitation. Blood draws have become exciting to me!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock

Woohoo!! Congrats ladies....not need for me to confirm those lines....those second lines are crazy intense!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

Holy BFP's, Batman!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Huuuuuge congrats to Wellinsm and LTP!! I'm so thrilled for you gals!!! I *love* it when there are baby booms around here!! hehehehe!! :appl:

Best wishes for smooth and healthy pregnancies, ladies!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

congrats all the newly preggo ladies!!! hoping for very sticky beans and smooth sailing pregnancies!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats ladies!!! :appl: Great work this month! No doubting those little tests that shout "POSITIVE"!

Exciting month around here!

brooks

Rough_Rock

Let me first say congratulations to all the ladies with new BFPs - tao, wellinsm, LTP!!! How exciting for the TTC board. :D Wishing you all a H&H 9 months. Keep us posted on how you're doing!

charbie - good luck to you and your DH with the new job search.

dcgator - how are you doing? Been thinking about you this week. Hopefully you have had your confirmed O!

Wellinsm - it sounds like you know your body well. Let us know what you decide to do about telling your DH. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! P.S. - Don't you just love True Blood this season? :))

I'm hanging in here at 9dpo. Feeling a little down today because I've convinced myself that AF is on her way, but we'll see. I'm hoping to hold out until Thursday to test if my temps are up. I don't know why, but I always feel very discouraged when I think about my super late ovulation this month(cd 40). I think I was just coming to terms that I was ovulating around cd 28 (which I still thought was late) so this month really threw me off mentally. My NP said they are not too concerned with late ovulation, but it still makes me wary. I have my annual scheduled for the middle of August, so I'm planning on having a conversation with my ob-gyn about my cycle length and my options. I know I need to just be thankful that I appear to be ovulating! It's nice to know we have a place like this board to come to where frustrations are easily shared and understood. ;))

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry I've been gone so long, ladies! Been pretty busy this summer and trying (it is so hard!) to stay off the internet more so I actually get stuff done that I need to.

DH and I are still trying, the past couple months have been an exercise in difficulties of one thing or another, mostly related to DH being really stressed and exhausted. He will spend most of the month fine, and just when I am close to O, something at his business goes horribly, time-consumingly wrong and the chance slips by us. I haven't lost hope...his business is winding down for the summer (one good thing about school in Georgia starting so early in August!), so when our next opportunity rolls around (hopefully) things will be better.

Congrats to everyone who had a BFP while I was away, can't wait to catch up!

wellinsm

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much to everyone for your congrats and well wishes. They are truly truly appreciated. We are taking things one day at a time. I know that my time here was short, but the support in that short period has been overwhelming. You have all been a great sounding board.

Congrats to all of the other BFPs this month, how exciting, wishing all of you happy and healthy 9 months.

dc- You will be KU soon...I just feel it. You have been so supportive of everone on here, your time will be coming soon. If I had any hints to send on to you I would. I consider myself very blessed to be able to get pregnant quickly, and now am looking forward to remaining pregnant!

I did tell my DH this AM, and we are both being optimisitic but realistic. I will be going for blood work next week Monday and Wednesday to check levels etc. Hopefully we get back good news.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

LaurenThePartier said:
I'm just so happy to see all of the amazing BFPs this month!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

So, yesterday I decided to POAS in the afternoon just to rule that out as a possibility and let me tell you ladies - I was shocked! I didn't even think of a clever way to tell DH, just poked my head outside and asked him to come inside for a minute, and showed him the test. I think he's really pleased, mainly because he's told the most unexpected people that we recently went off of BC. We're both cautiously happy, but certainly trying to adjust.

I don't think it's really sunken in yet for me, but I've started making my appointments since I was hoping to change OB/GYN's sometime before we got KU. So, I'm in somewhat of a daze today. Happy, elated, amazed that after 16 years of nearly straight BC, that I actually know we can make a baby, and trying to figure out next steps and considering I just had blood drawn on July 12th for my thyroid monitoring, I'm not looking forward to all of the coming blood draws.

But, thanks for the support while I've been dipping my toes in, my lovelies! Also, if you know me on FB, I'm sure it goes without saying that I won't be making any announcements until things are further along. I haven't even called my Mom or sister yet - so far you guys are the only people that know!

LTP - CONGRATS to you and your DH on the wonderful surprise BFP! :appl:

A happy and healthy 9 months for you and your LO!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock

Can I jump back in? We've decided that it's time for Des to have a sibling and now that he's started sleeping in his crib at night (knock on wood so I don't jinx it!) I actually have time to catch up on PS again!

AF finally showed up on Des's first birthday (6/28), but I only started charting temps less than a week ago. My temps are super low so I definitely haven't ovulated and might not at all this cycle since I'm still nursing. It's CD30 today. I keep telling myself that a late O could be a good thing cause then maybe I'll get an early dating u/s. Just trying to look on the bright side. :bigsmile:

Sending dust out to everyone trying!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Hey Ladies,

Looks like another exciting few days in the TTC hood! Congrats to all the ladies with recent BFP's. Hoepfully this recent rash of BFP's will spread to the rest of us :bigsmile:

Wellism - Congrats again on getting your BFP! I bet your DH is excited too, although I know you two are understably cautious. I hope that the Dr. appt's go well and that you will have a sticky little bean! Thanks for thinking of me, and I hope you are right :wink2:

Amandine - I'm glad to see you back, its been a while. Sorry to hear about your difficulties getting BD'ing time in. I hope that your DH's schedule gets better and that you two are able to make some more time BD'ing next month. Either way, don't forget to make time for eachother too. Good luck!

Brooks - 9DPO, oh goodness, I bet you are busting out your skin! I have my fingers crossed for you. I hope that you get some great news on Thursday, or whenever you decide to test :bigsmile: . And I can only imagine that 40 days till O is frustrating, but if you get your BFP, it's all good, right? And if it doesn't work this month, then I would definitely talk to your doc next time you see her. Thanks for checking in with me. I am good, but still no confirmed O yet. Boo. Oh well, the wait continues...

Lili - How are things going for you? You feeling good this cycle, or just hanging in there? That is too funny about your little girl shunning the potty. Hopefully you can get her to change her mind, lol.

Ryan Claire - OMG, I am soo excited for you. When are you going to test? Please let us know when you do. I have got everything crossed for you sweetie! :wavey:

Well, I wish you all good luck wherever in your cycles you are!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

robbie3982 said:
Can I jump back in? We've decided that it's time for Des to have a sibling and now that he's started sleeping in his crib at night (knock on wood so I don't jinx it!) I actually have time to catch up on PS again!

AF finally showed up on Des's first birthday (6/28), but I only started charting temps less than a week ago. My temps are super low so I definitely haven't ovulated and might not at all this cycle since I'm still nursing. It's CD30 today. I keep telling myself that a late O could be a good thing cause then maybe I'll get an early dating u/s. Just trying to look on the bright side. :bigsmile:

Sending dust out to everyone trying!

Wow Robbie! I started lurking a lot in the TTC thread when you got pregnant with Des! Now is the time I realize how long I've been reading this thread!

Congrats again to LTP, Wellisnm, and tao!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock

Congrats to Wellinsm and LTP! Hope you ladies have a healthy and happy 9 months! :appl:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you, ladies, for all of your well wishes.

I may not have been active in TTC very long, but when I haven't posted, I have silently cheered for you all from my lurker status. TTC is such a supportive group, and I love to watch the BFPs come in multiples, but I truly feel the empathy and sharing here is special, and I thank you ladies for not holding back. :love:

I'm hoping there's something in the water this month, and I am truly sending out lots of dust to you ladies in your 2WW and beyond!

brooks

Rough_Rock

So maybe there really is something in the water ....

I tested yesterday, even though I had myself totally convinced it would be a BFN, and to my complete and utter shock, I saw a second line! I have never seen a second line so I immediately freaked out and didn't know whether to believe it or not. :)) So back to the store I went to purchase a digital test. Cannot describe the feeling of seeing the word Pregnant on that little screen! Honestly, it feels so surreal, like it cannot possibly be reality. (You should have seen me trying to take pictures of the tests with my shaking hands. I don't have them on this computer yet but immediately thought of this board when I was taking them. LOL)

So far, the only "symptoms" I have had are fatigue and a very tender/achy abdomen. I actually had an annual appt scheduled with my doctor in several weeks so I called the office today to see what they would like me to do. Since I ovulated late and had two batches of positive opks, they are having me keep the appt and just changed it to my first prenatal appt. I have no idea what that entails but I'm sure I can find experiences on these boards.

My DH and I are over the moon excited. I told him with a card and the digital test and his reaction was wonderful. I know there's always a potential for a disappointment, but I'm really trying to enjoy these moments.

Thank you all (especially you dcgator!) for all of the support and knowledge you have passed along!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results