shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Bright, my mistake. You are right - I did 100MG of Clomid! Blame my forgetfulness on my pregnancy brain. I'm glad you are moving forward this cycle. And, I wish you the best super sticky, healthy bean. The Camry is Cosmic Grey Mica which looks like black with some sparkly/glitter so it certain light/angles it looks dark blue or dark green.

Trekkie, yes, it does bother me about my sister. She has 5 kids from 8 years old to 6 months old. They are beautiful, and sometimes I just want to take one or two of hers. Maybe she wouldn't notice! I also have quite a few other friends who got lucky on their first or 2nd try getting pregnant. Have a great time at Russell Peters in Cape Town. My DH is Indian (but grew up in Europe) and loves Russell Peters - he's hilarious. Also, I love Cape Town - I'm jealous that you get to go there! OH, and the Camry is really nice. I drove it home from the dealer last night. Very comfortable. They re-designed it this year so it has all the latest technology and safety features.

Curly, good luck catching that eggie despite Mom being around.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, yay! I'm glad that your lining has improved and that you've got one good follicle. I'll be sending you lots of thoughts and prayers that this works! I don't think you need to worry about this right now, but in the event you need to do another round of clomid, I would definitely see about upping your does. I started with 25 mg, and I only had one large follicle that month, but the next two months, I upped my dose to 50 mg, and I had 3-4 nice follicles each time. So that little boost really improved things for me. BUT one follicle is all it takes, and I'm really hopeful for you! Lots of dust!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bright--This is great news! I'm so happy to see the upbeat in your tone, too. Lots of sticky dust!!!!

My hair is definitely still greasy, which is odd. As for other things, I think I'm just so excited that we're trying that I'm imagining things. :cheeky:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Bright, glad to hear your appt went well and you got the go ahead for IUI's this cycle! Please don't give up hope! You can do it! I know it's hard to believe but all these bumps in the road are going to be worth the wait once you have your sticky bean. Thinking of you for a quick end to this TTC journey!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Mp, thanks, sweetie! I really hope this one works too, but that's good to know how many more follicles you got by doubling your clomid dose. Thanks for the good vibes, as usual & hope you're feeling well & relaxed & happy. 

Haven, thanks for noticing. :) I'm definitely feeling better today. Hope it lasts!
Welcome to the insanity of ttc & reading into every physical symptom as a potential pregnancy sign. When will you test? Fingers crossed for you!

Lizzy, thanks for checking on me & for your words of encouragement. 

Jgator, I'm glad to hear your dose was 100mg, not 50. I was having a severe case of follicle envy over here! How are you feeling, pregnancy brain aside? Your Camry sounds divine. Enjoy it! I bet that color is gorgeous & should coordinate nicely with many car seat options! 

Curly,  thanks for the hugs & digit crossing. I'm very glad to have you here. Perhaps we are kindred spirits, at least on the fertility front. Good luck with your stealthy bd-ing! 

Afm, just had to cancel out on a job for tomorrow because of my early morning appointment. Boo. I hope the casting agency doesn't put a black mark next to my name. 
Also, did I mention that the doc doing my IUI tomorrow is the one who was not so nice to me during my m/c saga? So I'm not looking forward to that, but am glad dh will be in the room with me. 

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Bright, just a couple words of encouragement regarding the not so nice doctor doing your iui...well I don't know if you remember but I ended up having to switch my RE's within the practice because I did not like my first one. Well guess who did my IVF transfer?...oh yah, the RE I didn't like. But she made me a baby!!!! Sending positive thoughts your way tomorrow!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, my thoughts will be with you tomorrow too! I'm sorry that the RE you had a bad experience with is doing the IUI, but as long as he gets the goods to where they need to go, who cares at this point! Dust, dust, dust, lady! Thinking of you!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bright, I'm sending you lots of good vibes for tomorrow!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Sending sticky dust your way. Hope the RE is kind to you tomorrow.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Oops, double post yo!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

MLK- I'm 30 and I feel like I also look like I've really aged a lot over the past three or so years :(sad My favorite are the sexy scowl lines that are permanently between my eyebrows, although the bags under my eyes are a lot of fun too! They make me look like a really happy person... :cheeky: I work long hours and don't always get as much sleep as I'd like and I drive a lot for work so squinting in the sun is starting to take its toll. On the other hand, my husband is the same age as me and he pretty much looks the same as he did in high school (with a few more grays). So funny how men actually get more handsome as they age!

Trekkie- Wait! Did I make it sound like I actually like running? Oops! What I meant to say was that I can tolerate it... :cheeky: I don't really like exercising at all but I prefer running because it is simple, free, and you can do it anywhere. I don't feel great when I am doing it but I feel awesome when it is over. When I'm running what is usually going through my head is: "ugh, this is hard," "I'm gonna die," "I should just quit," "I've gone far enough, right?" etc. But I do think races are fun so I may have just found something to motivate me to be more consistent! We'll see how it goes! Good luck getting that BDing in while visiting the in laws :bigsmile: . Who knows it might be kinda fun to find some chances to sneak it in... :naughty:

Dandi- Aw that must be strange to have your bosses know the news but not your parents. I know when I get pregnant I will have to really think about when to tell work because three of my bestest friends work with me. I know I will want to tell them right away but I worry that it will slip at work. I think it's good that it's out of the way and the baby won't be exposed to anything dangerous. I think you should tell your parents on Easter, but I love fun stories about spilling the beans! Do you trust them to keep it a secret?

JGator- Hahaha 2 week increments! Oy! I am in for some fun times I'm sure! Your going to love your Camry. I had a Corolla for six years and I never had to fix anything on it! They are such good cars, and the Camry is such a great family car too!

Bright- I think it's great you are going with IUI this cycle. I think you could totally do it again without it, but why not increase those odds even more? Too bad it's that doc from before but hopefully this time will be better. I'm wondering if it would be possible to come up with the plan for your next step before seeing if this cycle works or not. I'm just thinking it might help to come up with a logical and rational plan that is isn't clouded by the emotions you would be experiencing if this cycle didn't work out. Just a thought. I'll be thinking of you and "ol righty" and hoping she has the bestest cutest stickiest eggy weggies ever!

CurlySue- Er, um, I won't consider myself a "runner" per se, but running has always been my exercise of choice. This was my first 5k and I am hooked though! I have a client who is a legit runner and she has always told me to do 10ks instead. I thought she was crazy because although I can do 6 miles no prob, it takes me for-eh-ver. But during the 5k I realized I actually loosened up around mile 2.5 so I may have been able to keep my pace if I had continued. Ah I can't wait to see how I do! Did you register for one yet? Get on it missy! After I finish typing this I am going to register for a mini triathlon in June that my friend is doing. It's a really short one with a 1/2 mile swim, 6 mile on bike and 5k run. I will be so proud of myself if I can actually stick to this!

Sorry if I forgot anyone! I don't really have any AFM updates because well, I'm not even doing anything yet! As always, good luck guys!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey mia! Yep absolutely, I totally trust them. We won't be telling DH's parents until after the scan, because as much as I love my MIL, that woman CANNOT keep anything to herself :cheeky: Plus it's her first grandchild so she'll be so excited. Thanks for the assurance boost re. telling my parents, I don't know if it's the 'right' time or not, but I really want them to know!

Thanks Curly, I hope the weeks fly too! So far they're crawling! It is a relief, and I work with the most amazing crew, who all respect my privacy and my need to keep things quiet for now. I'm very lucky! ARGH re. your O timing, just keep it down a few decibels, can't ya?? :bigsmile: GOOD LUCK!!!!

Bright, YAY! I'm so happy that things are moving in the right direction for you, your post even sounds more upbeat and positive!! Wishing you the best best best luck hon!

Trekkie, totally! Actually, I said to one of my bosses 'I'm pregnant' and nearly fell over when the words came out of my mouth, I've never, ever said that before! :rodent: Aw hon, I'll be thinking of you on the 27th, I'm so sorry about your mother's passing. I'm sure she's keeping a close eye on you and hopefully there's something in that at the end of this cycle! GOOD LUCK MY DEAR!!
JGator, you're so right, 30 is awesome! :appl: Oooh I can't wait for news from your next ultrasound, it's so close!!!

Hello to all other lovelies in TTC land!! Hope everyone is safe and well.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thinking of you today, Bright! DUST DUST DUST!!!!
I have no idea when I'll test, probably only after I miss a period. I'm getting excited to take one, though. This waiting game is going to be hard, I can already tell.

Dandi--My mom is the same way as your MIL. We don't even have any news to share yet, but DH has already said, "We can't tell your mom until we're sure we want the entire world to know." It's tough not being able to share little things with her, but she really cannot keep anything to herself, so I've learned my lesson! It sounds like your colleagues are being wonderful in response to the news, that's so great!

Mia--I'm 31, and I'm feeling a lot of the things you describe. My DH will be 42 on the 15th, and that man looks like he is the same age as me. It is so not fair, truly. I'm *happy* that DH looks so great, but really? Seriously? I have more gray hair than he does! AND more lines on my face.

Curly--TWW! I didn't know what that meant until I Googled it! Yes, I am on my first TWW. Time is moving so slowly, now. I'm all swoony and excited about our plans, which is making me very, very impatient for time to tick by.
I think some stealth baby-making is just going to make it all a bit more fun, yeah? Good luck with keeping quiet! :cheeky:

Thanks, JGator! I hope we caught my egg, too. So exciting that you're around week 9! You're going to love your Camry. Everyone I know with a Camry just raves and raves about it.

Trekkie--Thank you for the warm welcome! And, I know you weren't asking me about this, but I think it's normal to feel frustrated when others around you have an easy time doing something while you are struggling with it, yourself. I don't think that's something to feel bad about. As for the in-laws visiting during your O date--the show must go on, I say!

Nothing going on with me. I'm just reading through old posts in this thread, learning the lingo and whiling away the time until I can test. I know I'm being over-eager about it, but I'm guessing this is what happens to a lot of women during their first TWW. I'm on CD23 right now, so assuming AF doesn't come in the next six days I think that's when I'll test. I wish I had started temping again earlier this month, because now all I have are my temps for the last week. This morning I was suddenly up from 97.9ish to 98.3ish, and my very eager self thought, "OOH! Maybe this is the start of the third phase in my temperature!" Reading into things, much? I need to focus on something else!

I hope everyone is doing well!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Dandi- Ha! My MIL is the same! Um... we didn't tell her that we were going to elope because we knew that if she knew beforehand, she would disregard our wishes and show up to our elopement. I think if we asked her not to tell anyone that we were pregnant she would anyway. She is a sweetheart and means well but I could totally see her thinking "Oh I'll just tell a few people and ask them not to tell..." :rolleyes:

Haven- Did I also mention my husband has better skin and can eat whatever he wants?! Yeah just like you I'm glad that I "locked that ish down," but come on! It's so unfair. ;( Good thing I'll get to be the one who carries the baby! Wait... :confused: huh? :o ahhh!!! :nono: Okay, I'll get back to you when I figure out the plus side to being the woman... :wink2: Isn't over-analysis the best?! How long are your cycles usually? I'm hoping that little temp spike means something!

Edited because HTML code and I are not friends...

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi guys. One down, one to go. This morning's IUI went fine. I'm spotting a bit now & somewhat crampy but nothing too bad. The count was on the lower side again (200 million Pre-wash, and I think he said 7.9 million post wash.) How funny that that's considered low.  I guess it just takes 1. 
The doc didn't seem to remember me from the emergency call during my miscarriage incident so maybe that's better. I'm trying to put it behind me as thinking about it just make me stressed & angry. I did ask him questions & he answered without rushing off, so that's good. 
My main questions were if I should do progesterone supplements again. (He said he doesn't think it's necessary since the clomid & ovidrel usually help progesterone levels. I've been feeling lately that the progesterone supplementation just prolonged the inevitable last time & might have prevented me from miscarrying naturally, which probably would have been easier on me. 
So I'm tempted not to do it this time. (doc didn't order it last time so much as I requested it & doc said ok). If anyone else wants to weigh in on this one, I'd appreciate opinions. 
Also, we asked his advice on what to do if this doesn't work out -in terms of something more aggressive/the best shot. He said that, of course, IVF is technically the best shot, but because I conceived last time, he recommended sticking with this protocol again for one more iui. I asked about increasing clomid dose or trying femara, or injectables but he said to stick with what works because a higher clomid dose can thin lining, lead to multiple births, etc. I'm not sure if I'd want to try this exactly the same way again. I'll ask my regulardoc tomorrow for his opinion too at our second IUI tomorrow. 

Lizzy, thanks for sharing your experience. I do remember your switching RE's. did you wind up seeing the one you don't like after the transfer? Did your opinion change of her after she made your baby? Still so thrilled about your bean. Thanks for your continued support.  

Mp, puppmom, haven & jgator, thanks for the dust & good vibes. Keep it coming!

Mia, yeah, really hoping to have a plan in place this cycle in case there's a next cycle. Really hoping there isn't though. 

Thanks, dandi! And I hear ya on chatty in laws. Both of our moms are chatty so they won't be finding out (if we have news to share) until I'm ok with everyone else knowing. 
Is it starting to feel more real now? So excited for you.  

Haven, I think that's wise to wait until you miss a period to test if you can hold out. Have you discovered the cheap wondfo opk & pregnancy tests yet? So much cheaper than the drugstore & available from amazon. 
Hope to get to know you better before you're off to jbp. I don't think it will be long. 

Enbc, hope you're having a great trip & your bean is baking away. 

Trekkie, hope you're feeling better. 

Hi to mlk, & tammy if you're still checking here & to anyone I missed. 

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, glad to hear the IUI went well today. On my last cycle, I did not take Crinone immediately and had my progesterone checked about 7 DPO and it was fine so my RE said not to bother with Progesterone supplements. I continued to get it checked every week or 2 and it seems to be doing fine on its own this time around. I would say just ask to have it checked in about a week. I remember them saying that each pregnancy is different so if you have low progesterone once, it doesn't mean you will have it again. Good luck - hoping for a sticky bean for you and your DH!

Haven, are you all set with your POAS supply? You can get a bunch of cheap Wondfos from Amazon. I highly recommend them. Good luck on your first TWW!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bright, I'm glad things are going well so far. Fingers crossed that great news comes your way in a couple of weeks!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, yay! I'm happy to hear the first IUI went off without a hitch! Hoping for a repeat tomorrow! As far as the progesterone, this is just my opinion, but because you were a bit concerned your lining was not as thick this time around, I would be tempted to use it just to try to ensure your lining is nice and thick around implantation time. And then WHEN you get your BFP, maybe you can see about getting off of it if your progesterone is high enough. Have you tried prometrium? That's what I used, and based on what others have said, I think it is a lot less of a hassle than some of the other forms of progesterone. I'm just going to hope this cycle works for you, but in case you need to try another IUI, I would really consider increasing your clomid dose. The reason I say that is because from what I've read, having more than one follicle/egg/target ups your chances of having a successful IUI and having at least one healthy embryo implant. Anyway, you have no idea how hard I'm crossing my fingers that this cycle works for you. Just know you've got a lot of support! Dust, dust, dust!

ENB, are you still around? I was just thinking of you and hoping things are going well with you and your little bean!

Jen, how about you? Really hoping you're doing okay after all you went through last cycle.

Big hugs to all of you other TTC'ers - Tammy, Prana, MLK, Trekkie, and the other newbies! I'm cheering you all on!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock

Hi all! I've finally gotten through all my work email/messages and have a moment to try to catch up.

Dandi -- Congrats!! So excited for you! Bummer that you had to tell your boss almost immediately, but it will still be fun to tell your family whenever you decide the time is right.

Bright -- So glad your first IUI went smoothly. It sounds like you're feeling a bit more upbeat now that you're in the 'action' part of this cycle. As for the progesterone, I would express your concerns to your doctor and have him talk you through the options and pro/con of it, but ultimately I'd do whatever the doctor recommended. I have a lot of ambivalence about this too, but in the end just felt like I'd feel better if I went with the doctor's advice even if the meds made me feel like crap. In the meantime, fingers crossed, of course, for good news!!

Haven -- welcome indeed to the world of over-analysis and obsession that is TTC! Hopefully you will have only a short stay, but sounds like you've dived right in with the rest of us.

CurlySue -- good luck with keeping the bd on the dl…or however you want to put it!

I know I'm missing a whole lot of people but I'm still trying to read through the last week of posts!! Best to everyone if I've overlooked you and thanks for all the good wishes!!

AFM, while exhausting due to some travel snafus and the time change it was good to get out of town, out from behind my desk, and away from the computer (sorry!) for a bit. I managed to stay quite positive the whole time I was away. That tanked pretty bad as soon as I got home but oh well. My beta last Weds was 2993, which was not quite doubled from Monday (1595) but the doctor was nonetheless extremely happy with it and I have my first scan scheduled Monday 4/9. Hopefully the news will be good and the doctor will run on time as we've got tickets for the baseball home opener the same afternoon!!
The crinone is still gross, and some of the residue has been brown (tmi, I know) which makes me think I'm still having a tiny bit of spotting, which adds to my worry.
Other than that I've just been tired, have some dull crampiness, gassiness, bloat, general tenderness (esp. bbs), and the occasional feeling that my stomach is more delicate than normal. Oh, and a lot of peeing. Hopefully this is all good, though it could also all be due to the crinone itself so who knows. Though the better I feel the more worried I become (truly crazy, right?).
For now I'm just trying to eat decently, sleep as much as possible, and not drive myself to distraction while I wait for Monday. Luckily it will be a busy weekend!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

ENB, so glad to hear your update. Your betas were still going up at an appropriate rate, so that's encouraging. I think doubling times start to slow down a bit the higher the betas get. Have you seen the site betabase.info? It has some reassuring information. I'll be thinking of you next Monday when you have your ultrasound and hoping you've got a sticky little bean in there!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock

thanks so much, MP! i did check out betabase, and while some of it is reassuring it does scare me a little that my levels are so far above the median for singletons based on dpo. though i'd be happy for any healthy pregnancy, one of the reasons we tried so hard to avoid doing clomid/iui/ivf was b/c of the risk of multiples. it would be awfully ironic! but it does seem like there's quite a large range even for singletons. i just hope that after monday i can 'graduate' to jbp!
i hope all continues to go well with you :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

enbcfsobe--I have had the song "Closing Time" (or whatever it's called) in my head since I first saw you in this thread! (That's what your screen name is after, right? I feel like you explained that at some point in an old thread.) Seriously, I've been walking around with the only TWO LINES that I know from that song repeating over and over and over in my mind for days now. :cheeky:
Anyway . . . Here's another post filled with sticky dust and hopes for really good news for you!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

I still lurk on this thread because I'm silently cheering everybody on. I just want to say that I'm so excited that you've started trying, Haven! And I wish every single woman on this thread lots of luck! I admit that I miss TTC...though probably not as much as my husband :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

NewEnglandLady|1333582459|3163623 said:
I still lurk on this thread because I'm silently cheering everybody on. I just want to say that I'm so excited that you've started trying, Haven! And I wish every single woman on this thread lots of luck! I admit that I miss TTC...though probably not as much as my husband :)
Awww, thanks NEL. I lurk in the baby thread, and while I'm too shy to pop in there too often, you can bet I'm over here oohing and aahing over your beautiful baby girl whenever you post pics!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, hoping your second IUI went well today. Lots of good thoughts and sticky baby dust headed your way!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, thinking of you. Sending truckloads of sticky dust your way.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bright, nah, not really feeling 'real' for me yet, although my boobs feel like they're gonna drop off, so that's pretty real! I hope everything went really well today and that you're feeling absolutely fine! Much love to you.

enbcfsobe, YAY! Things seem to be going well for you hon! I can't wait to hear about your scan and am sending tons of dust for a super sticky bean!!! Thanks for the congrats, lovely!

mia, oh gosh, really??? She sounds quite a bit like my MIL! Has a heart of gold, but really could stuff something like this up for us :bigsmile:

Hi Haven! Yup my collegues are terrific, and I just KNOW they'll keep it to themselves until I'm ready for everyone to know. Unlike my dear MIL, who would probably spend a week on the phone telling everyone :rolleyes: Good luck this cycle hon, I hope you have someawesome news for us in 6 days!!

Hugs all around ladies!!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock

Bright -- thinking of you and hoping everything goes smoothly today!!

Dandi -- doesn't feel real yet to me either, and i'm still nervous about Monday, but thanks for the dust and good wishes!!

Haven -- sorry I got that song stuck in your head! you're right about the screen name, though. that thread goes back quite a while!! thanks for all the dust!!

Mia -- we can't tell my mom for the same reasons, though i'm sure she suspects something is afoot. DH's parents wouldn't make a peep, but my mother would be on the phone telling everyone "don't tell anyone but..." she just doesn't see the problem.

AFM, feeling pretty exhausted and boobalicious. who knows if its a growing parasite (as my sister referred to it fondly) or just the progesterone supplements. nothing to do but wait!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi ladies,
My 2nd IUI is complete. It was with my regular doc today & went fine. It was funny--when he got the apparatus inserted, I asked if it was still there, referring to my follicle, but I guess he wasn't looking there yet, so he said, "Your cervix? Yep, it's still there. Sometimes they fall out, though." It got me laughing really hard, which isn't the most comfortable thing to do with speculum in place. :-o
So, my follicle was at about 21mm today & the doc said it looked good & I should ovulate tonight. Also our motile post-wash count was around 8 million motile, which he said was fine. (He said anything over 5 million is good.) Fingers crossed we end up with a pregnancy & a sticky bean this time.
I asked about the progesterone & he said it certainly won't hurt, and might help things, so I guess I'll be doing that again. I didn't really have side effects last time, other than a mild sense of *ick* because of the build up (and the annoyance of it postponing the inevitable bad outcome.) So, here we go again! We're supposed to BD tonight, then we wait. I haven't had the strong o-pains I had last cycle, so maybe I'm still waiting to ovulate. Please keep the dust coming!

Ok..have to post & run...more in a few.

Oh, and my dear friend made this little icon of encouragement for me. I thought you guys would enjoy it

Keep%20calm.jpg

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, your post had me laughing out loud!! The exchange between you and your doc was priceless, and I love the little "fertilize on" pic! Sending tons of dust and positive thoughts your way!!!

Enbc, so glad to hear all is progressing well. Dust for you, too!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results