color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

tammy77|1333047557|3159271 said:
Hi S&I,

I test a couple of times a day and I guess I get a little fade in period. It's definitely negative 24 hrs before I have my positive (which usually comes in the evenings). So it'll go CD12 neg am/pm; CD13 neg am but darker, then pos pm; CD14 temp shift. Does that make sense? There's a definite difference in the last opk before my morning temp shift. I also ovulate anywhere from CD14 to CD 18, but that seems pretty normal. I put all of my charts up on that link, if it helps.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened on my BFP cycle. I had super faint OPKs until CD14. That morning, it was darker than all the previous days, but was still considered negative. When I tested again that evening, it was positive. My temp went up the next morning and the OPK was negative again (about the same darkness as the morning before). I think you're fine, as long as you're still able to catch your surge and detect a temp shift. Hope your doc can give you more details about what your next steps are and if Clomid will help you!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you, S&I. :)

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Tammy, I checked out fine - had an HSG, blood work/hormone levels came back normal, my husband's SA was normal, and I was ovulating every month confirmed with OPKs. I am older - so probably have old eggs though. Older than you! We did get pregnant once on our own after 6 months of trying with charting, and then after that MC, we went to an RE. My RE said a lot of eggs ripen every month and one of them gets to the point of being eligible for insemination and the other die. When you use Clomid, you could get more than 1 egg (increasing your odds) and you likely will get a stronger, more mature egg that is eligible for insemination. So, you might want to look into it as it worked for me.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, sorry I never responded to your post, but I have been thinking about you and meaning to respond to you. I'm very sorry you are feeling down about your hair loss and current situation. Have you thought about a wig? I have never worn one, but maybe that would at least help your confidence a little. I'm sure you are much more aware of the hair loss than people around you though. I think Curly's advice on focusing on this cycle and not thinking too far ahead is great advice. You will get your BFP soon. I know it. Hopefully, you will get a stronger egg/sperm/embryo combination this time as you so deserve it. Hoping the same is true for me.

AFM, I just had my first regular OB appointment, and we still have a heartbeat. She said I'm measuring 8 weeks and 6 days today. I still haven't ventured to JBP-ville. I like hanging out with you ladies in TTC.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi lovelies! I had an appointment with my GP yesterday and he did my HCG which came back at 150, which he is happy with for this stage (4 weeks exactly), and I have an appointment and ultrasound with my obstetrician in 6 weeks. It seems SO far away! :errrr: :errrr:

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Thank you so much for your kind posts, everyone. I'm so fortunate to have such a wonderful, supportive group of ladies pulling for me. I'm trying to take this one day at a time as much as possible but sometimes I just get overwhelmed by everything. 
I had my u/s today & here are my stats:
Lining 5.9 
Right ovary 11.5, 10, multiple less 10
Left ovary multiple less than 10
I was concerned with the lining measurement as it was much better last time. I guess the d&c scraped a lot away so I'm having to build back. Also, at cd10, I'm still bleeding. The nurse said over 7.0 is ok & it should continue to build but I'm concerned. I go back in on Monday for another look. I really hope this cycle isn't a complete bust, or worse, ends in another m/c. 

Lc, thank you for the hugs & sage advice. And you're right that my dh is my rock. He's a great guy & I'm lucky to have him. I do hope we'll be able to be parents, but regardless we have each other, which is pretty great. 

Pupp, that's an interesting point about the hairloss & m/c. I asked my RE & he didn't think there was a connection but I noticed after I triggered, I didn't lose a single hair in the shower the following morning so I can't help but think hcg or lack thereof might affect things. Did you hair loss earlier or just post partum? I'm terrified of post partum loss on top of what I've already been experiencing. I definitely have the peaks & thin bangs you mentioned. So sorry you had to experience that. Did all of your hair come back?

Tammy, aw, my gran always says that too (this too shall pass). It's definitely a vicious cycle with the stress. Trying to think zen thoughts. 
I'm sorry you've been down lately & sorry about the temp drop. It doesn't get any easier, does it? Hugs to you. Sometimes I worry about being too jaded for this thread too but the support is amazing. I think clomid
might be worth a try, especially at a lower dose. I had minimal to no side effects. And I don't think the risk of multiples is that high. I asked my RE about 3-7 vs 5-9 & he said it doesn't make much of a difference, though anecdotally you might get more follies if you do 3-7. I asked if 5-9 produced better eggs & he said no. We'll see. Also an hsg might be a good next step. 

Mp, thanks, friend. The fact that we're starting another cycle is indeed fraught with lots of emotions for me. You're right that the fact that we did conceive should bode well for the possibility of future success. I'm just terrified of another failure. 

Curly, yeah, you're right. I tend to get ahead of myself but that doesn't help matters. How are you doing? Is af finally gone? Hope you're feeling better. Hugs. 

Dandi, thanks, love. So excited for you! I'm glad your appointment went well today & that you had a strong beta. And only 2 weeks until your first u/s!
Continued sticky dust your way. 

Mlk, that's awful that your mom had to cope with hair loss so young. When did it start for you? I guess I'm lucky I didn't have to deal with this while I was in school, dating, or planning a wedding. I'm taking biotin too & have been going to weekly acupuncture (no herbs though) but haven't been for the past 2 weeks because of crazy work schedule. I did see a dermatologist too & the consensus from all docs was there was nothing they could do to help while we were ttc. That makes this ttc process even more urgent as the longer it takes to get ku (with a sticky bean), the more hair I lose. And it's altogether possible I could wind up bald & baby less. Ugh. 
So sorry you're suffering too. It really is a huge blow to the self esteem. Has anything helped? Glad your dh is supportive. What would we do without our guys? Hugs to you. 

Jgator, so glad you had a great appointment & strong hb for your little bean! I'm so happy for you, dear. And please do stick around here as long as you like. I'll miss you heaps when you go. 
You're right that I notice the hair issue more than others. My family/close friends have started to notice now, though so it's advancing. 
I haven't tried a wig but do have a hair
powder that seems to help & mask some scalp show through. Ugh. 

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bright, if I don't have all of my hair back, it's pretty close. When I was pregnant, my hair got really thick. Then, a few months after DS was born (maybe sooner?), it started to fall out - a lot! I would have tons come out in the shower and it was all over the bed, in my car, even in DS's diaper! Around my crown was the worst. It fell out at a pretty good pace for at least 6 months. Then, when it started to come back in, it was like fuzz at first, then little spikes and finally regular hair. It's still not as long as the rest of my hair but I don't think it's that noticeable.

I didn't really have any hair loss before pregnancy. I have a girlfriend who did (I think thyroid related??) After she had her son, she had some additional loss too and I would say was a little worse off than me in that department. Her was a little thinner and she's fair skinned with dark hair so that made it more noticeable. She's pretty much back to normal now too though and her son is 11 months old. She ended up getting some length off her hair and that improved things.

Tammy, I don't know what to say other than I know how hard it can be. If only you knew ahead of time that you would be pregnant is x number of months and you could just enjoy the process. Uncertainty brings so much anxiety. I know you mentioned you have December and January babies. Maybe this is the universe's way of giving you a Spring baby!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bright, I'm sorry hon I didn't make that very clear, my u/s is in 6 weeks, so I'll be 10 weeks by then. It's like a really harrowing 6ww!! :o

I don't know what to do between now and then! My GP hasn't ordered repeat HCGs and my OB doesn't ever see patients before 10 weeks, so I don't really have anything tangible to feel or see, which will make for a nervewracking month and a half, but that's the way it is I suppose. I told my best friend today as my 30th birthday party is tonight, and I know she'd figure it out anyway when all I order are mocktails 8) If all goes well over the next 6 weeks and at my appointment, we'll tell my parents that weekend (Mother's Day). Seems appropriate! Fingers crossed.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, how many CDs are you? Hoping your lining is thicker on Monday and a few of your follicles really take off! Fingers crossed!

Dandi, first of all, your beta sounds good! But arghh that you have to wait 6 more weeks for a peek at the baby. I would have gone nuts! Also, I'm kind of surprised your doctor didn't at least have you come in for a second beta because a single beta doesn't tell you anything other than you're pregnant, which you already knew! Oh well, I'm sure all will be well, and I hope time flies for you between now and May! Congrats again! Very excited for you!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks mp! I think my GP just feels that repeat betas create too much stress if they're not moving at the rate that we all like to see, which I kind of understand.

Well I had my 30th last night and managed to avoid the awkward 'why aren't you drinking??' questions :bigsmile: I think my DH aroused suspicion when a couple of people overheard him ordering me a 'mock'tail, but ah well. What can ya do? Providing that all goes well I'll have to tell my bosses before 10 weeks anyway because in the OR we use alot of x-ray, orthopaedic cement and cytotoxic substances, so I don't think I can hide it for very long as pregnoids really should not be in those theatres.
Hello to all you beautiful ladies, and happy weekend! Hope everyone stays safe and well :wavey: :wavey:

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Pupp, I'm so glad your hair (& your friend's hair) came back! My fil had thyroid trouble & lost a good bit of his hair, which didn't come back. I'm fair skinned with dark hair too. 

Dandi, ok that makes more sense about the timing. I think a lot of docs don't do early monitoring. Sometimes it just seems like it causes undue stress. 
Happy birthday! Glad you had a great party & hope nobody was suspicious about your mocktails. 

Mp, I was cd10 at my last u/s. I'm cd12 today. I was still spotting as of yesterday. I told the nurse this & she said no wonder the lining was so thin. I also looked at my notes from last cycle & at my 1st u/s I had 4 follicles, all of which were bigger than the 2 I had this time. And I only wound up with 1 at trigger time last time. So now I'm worried that this cycle might be a bust. 

Hi to everyone else. Hope you're having a good weekend. 

Afm, another rough day today. It was my sil's baby shower today. I was the only one at my table without a baby in tow (or in belly). Even worse, I kept thinking about how we'd planned to tell everyone about our pregnancy tomorrow. I cried a little today, fortunately I made it to a private space to do so. 

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Bright, you poor sweetheart. That's rough. :(sad I wish I had more to offer you than hugs!! HUGE hugs anyway.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright darnit about the spotting! That would definitely explain the thinner lining this time around. Maybe it was just too soon. Still holding out hope for you though sweetie. if this cycle doesnt go the way we all want it to maybe you should see about increasing your clomid or switching to femara or something to improve the number and size of follicles? Big hugs too about having to attend another baby event. You are such a trooper but if it gets to be too much don't forget to put yourself first when you need to. Thinking of you!

Dandi I understand that overmonitoring can sometimes cause stress if you're not the kind of person who gets stressed from lack of info. I'm definitely a need to know person! You have a great attitude and the next 6 weeks will go faster than you think. Join us over at JBP when you're ready! Happy 30th btw!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Dandi, thanks for the hugs, sweetie! I also meant to say to you to try not to worry too much early on. While a few of us here have had issues with pregnancy, I think overwhelmingly most women have healthy pregnancies & there's no reason to believe you won't be one of them. Big hugs back at ya!

Mp, yeah, af has been here in some form or another for nearly 2 weeks. It's ridiculous & I'm sure it explains my lighter than usual lining. I also haven't been able to see my acupuncturist in 2 weeks so I wonder if that has anything to do with it as well. So, I guess we'll see if we can progress this month. I'm not hopeful at this point. My RE said it would be no problem to try as soon as af arrived, but it does seem like it's too soon. If we wind up having to do another cycle, I will definitely ask about a more aggressive protocol. At the very least, I'd like to up my clomid dose to 100mg if not think about femara or injectibles. 
As for baby related events, at least the 2 I was dreading are over. So hopefully I can have some quiet time (after today) with just dh to rest & regroup. 

Sorry for being such a downer lately, ladies. Perhaps I should move to the 6 month or more thread. I don't want to drag you guys down. 

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Big hugs to you, BrightSpot. I'm a newbie to this thread, but I just wanted to say that I hope you stay here, or wherever it is you feel most comfortable posting about what's going on. PS is a wonderful, healing community, IMO, and I hope you continue to post as long as it brings you some comfort. I'll be thinking of you.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Some very late responses to everyone:

MLK- Aaaawwwwwww!!!!! Is that what boxer's look like as puppies?! :love: Way too cute! Sorry again about your puppy and I can't even imagine losing your father and your dog as a child, that must have been very difficult. :(sad Good luck this cycle! I hope your able to get in some good timing with DH and you ovulate a little sooner!

enbc- Yay for awesome betas! Hope they keep doubling and you see a heartbeat soon! Sorry about the RE and nurse drama. It sounded to me like she just wanted to put in her opinion when she really didn't have the background. I hope you left the BBT at home and are enjoying your trip!

JGator-Cute lil US picture! Congrats again! I'm glad you want to hang here for a bit too!

Bright- Thanks for repeatedly urging me to come back to play! I had really busy week and although I can find time to lurk on PS, finding time to type a response is more difficult especially as time goes on! Sorry you have been a little down about the hairloss and the stress of TTC. I don't think I noticed whether you said what was causing the hairloss. Is it unknown? Or do you have PCOS? I think the theory that it may be related to the miscarriage seems to make more sense since I hear a lot of women talk about pregnancy affecting their hair. Major hugs, I hope it slows down for you! So sorry you had a tough time at the baby shower. I think that is a really normal feeling and I'm glad you allowed yourself some private time to grief. Keep your head up! I know it's hard to tune out the negative thoughts sometimes and I hate be cliche and say it again but you got pregnant! It's very very very likely to happen again!

Tammy- So did you officially get AF? Sorry it's been tough. Maybe talking to a doctor might help? Even if you don't need to intervene, it might help to have a plan in place in case you need to. I have a history of very irregular cycles and a short luteal phase and since I have been charting for three years, my doctor told me we can talk if we need to after 3 months of trying. Interestingly, I took a break from charting and since I started again my cycles have become much more "normal," so I'm not sure he'll actually let me come in now that things look better. Either way, it's nice to know he's there if/when I need him. Hugs!

Haven- Yay! I officially join next month and I can't wait. What is your strategy going to be? Relaxed or um... not as relaxed? I am already temping and charting (I was for TTA) so I plan to attack this thing full force. I was surprised that DH said he wants to go all in when we begin trying too, because I totally pegged him for the "let's try but not really try for the first few months" kinda guy. I'm glad because I am way too impatient for that!

Curly- My AF length tends to vary a bit but it doesn't seem to affect my O date. I'm not sure if that is the same after a m/c but hopefully it is and you'll O as scheduled. Good luck!

Dandi-Once again congratulations! :appl: I love how you told DH. When we start TTC I'll ask him, but I'm pretty sure my DH wants to be there when I have tested. Every time I've had a scare in the past (and let's face it, that's been many, many times because I am a wishful thinker) DH has gotten mad at me for testing without him. I still want to discuss it with him though because I know if he has to be there when I test he won't let me test as much or as early as I'd like to. We'll see!

AFM, well I am sitting around here on CD3 of my VERY LAST PRE-TTC CYCLE! As you can tell I am very stoked about that! I am still tying up those loose ends, but I am also beginning some things that will keep me occupied in case I don't get pregnant right away. I have always ran for exercise although sporadically and I am not very fast but last week I ran my first 5k and I am so addicted! It was fun and I dragged DH along even though he rarely runs he came in third place in our age group! I was super proud even though he didn't like his time and was kinda bummed. Yesterday we did our very first mud run with another couple and it was honestly one of the funnest things I have ever done in my life! Running through the course was fun but the best part was when we had to crawl through what we called "quicksand mud." You couldn't walk in it, you had to literally pull yourself through it. It was so deep and if you stopped or tried to move too fast you sunk in further. It was very long and exhausting too. So I'm just sitting here sore and happy! I also registered for a 10k in the first week in May and a triathlon in June, so I am pretty pumped about my new little hobby!

How's everyone's April Fools Day going? Any fun pranks? My facebook is blowing up with fake pregnancy tests and people doing the good ole "we're pregnant" prank! Hmmm.... some of you JBP's here should totally do that and then the real fun will be when you finally announce that you actually were...

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Dandi, oh that is such a long wait, I think I would go crazy waiting for so long cos I am a control freak. So happy for you! Oh and happy (late) 30th birthday! I can only imagine how wonderful it must feel to find our your pregnant on or just before your 30th! :appl:

Bright, sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time and that this cycle is causing you concern. It must take all of the stength you have to be so graceful whilst dealing with your loss and your struggles this past year. Hugs to you. Also, I am sure everyone else would agree with me but you are absolutely not dragging this thread down one bit. I value your contribution to this thread and believe that this thread is such a good support group and area for sharing knoweldge and experiences for everyone that I would like you to stick around here (even if you post on the 6 months thread). Take care, Bright, you have all the support and well wishes of all the ladies on here.

Mia, yeah I think boxer puppies are the cutest. I cannot help wanting another one, even though I know it is not the right time now. Thanks for your sympathies about my dad. He only died 4 years ago, when I was 27 and my mum 2 years ago. It was my mother's birthday over the weekend, my dad's in 2 weeks and then both of their anniversaries in May, so it has been and will be a pretty emotional couple of months for me. I have to try not to dwell on everything though.

AFM, I'm sorry ladies, I hope you all do not think I am a drama queen! On a better note, it is DH's birthday today, he is 39, so time is ticking as I would like to have a baby by the time he is 40! That now gives us 3 months to accomplish that goal!

CD12 here and no sign of O. The OPKs I ordered online still haven't arrived and I only have 4 left over. With Easter and the refusal of the post man to leave parcels for us at home, I hope I don't have to run out and buy some from the chemist. I really hate all this waiting around for something to happen as I am not a patient person! :nono:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mia--Yay! We'll be in here together! As you know, I smile every time I see your avatar. I love Oliver's adorable little face. (Oliver, right? I'm sorry if my memory has failed me!)

I don't really know what our approach will be, which probably means we'll be a bit relaxed, right? :cheeky: I've been charting when AF comes, and CM, but that's been about it. I just started temping three days ago so I'll have some data to use when my next cycle comes around. I started taking folic acid, stopped drinking so much coffee. Little preparations. When you say full force, what does that mean, exactly? I'm so new to this, I don't really know!

When we decided we were ready to start trying one week ago today, it was day 13 of my cycle. According to my CM I was fertile, so we stopped using condoms that night. (I haven't been on birth control for years.) I've been really excited and daydreamy since we decided to start trying a week ago, which has been fun.

DH is getting excited, too. I showered right before we went out last night, around 6 PM, and by 8 my hair was super oily. This hasn't happened to me since, I don't know, puberty, so DH was, "Is that a sign? Maybe you're pregnant!" I continue to have terribly greasy hair today, even after another shower, so I don't know what is going on, but I told him that isn't a pregnancy sign that I'm familiar with. And definitely not at six or seven days after conception! It's cute to see his enthusiasm, though.

I've been combing through this thread, and there is a lot to learn! I'll go back to reading, and hopefully I'll be a better participant, soon.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Haven, wow! Good luck with your TTC journey. I love reading your posts, and I'm kind of happy to see you poking your head in this thread.

Bright, Hugs to you my friend. Please take it easy on yourself. Feel free to do whatever makes you comfortable, but please know that everyone on this thread welcomes your posts. Don't ever feel you need to put on a face just for the ladies on this thread. PS is a wonderful community and its wonderful to "feel the love" if you will, regardless of where you are in the game. I really hope you can hook up with your acupuncturist soon. Some might think it's hocus pocus, but I do think that going to acupuncture helped me conceive.

~LC

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
MLK- OMG! I'm so sorry about your mom too. You really deserve some good news! I hope a baby is just around the corner for you. I think it will happen in the next 3 months, but if not, there not much of a difference between 39 and 40.5, so don't let yourself feel too rushed! Are you much younger than your husband? You look pretty young!

Haven!- Yes I always love how you remember his name! Did I tell you he passed away last year? I still miss seeing that little puggy face every morning! I'll never change my avatar though... Well maybe I'll take off that Christmas jazz if I get around to it...

Yup you sound like you have a relaxed approach to TTC! When I say full-force I mean charting, OPKs, timing intercourse, and overall obsessing! I will do all of the above except OPKs, since I can't really decipher them well and I don't want to spend the money. CD13 huh? Hmmm... I wonder when you ovulate and if you could be pregs already! I think almost anything can be a sign of pregnancy, including signs of AF, which is how you can drive yourself nuts thinking you might be pregnant all the time! Who knows maybe you are already! I personally hope greasy hair isn't a sign because I already have the oiliest hair ever... I'm making little preparations too. I am not a big coffee drinker so instead I am thinking about cutting down on soda. Oh shoot! You just reminded me that I am out of prenatal vitamins! I love the gummy vitamins from Target! Yum! I actually look forward to eating my vitamins each day.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Ladies,

Yeah CD1 as of about 1 am Sunday morning. Picture perfect cycle, FWIW. I O'd on CD 14, had a 14 day LP. On to round 7! :|

ETA: Bright I know that I haven't been TTC nearly as long as you, but I totally understand the feelings regarding the thread. Fortunately for everyone else, but not so fortunately for us, I think it's pretty much just you an I at the moment. Big hugs, I hope that the spotting ends soon and this cycle isn't a bust!

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Tammy, sorry about CD1. I hope you stick around here in addition to posting on the 6 months thread.

Mia, that photo was 4 years ago, so I think I have aged quite significantly since then, this thyroid and all the stress over the last 4 years has made me look like an old hag. Oh I am 31 by the way, so a 8 year age gap, although DH looks very young for his age. I guess that will mean I will look older than him in a few years! ;(

Haven, good luck this month, hopefully you caught the egg and can escape all the evilness of TTC.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

It's okay MLK, I knew it was coming about 3 days ago. I just popped over to the 6 mo or more thread and see there's a post from dear Prana. So maybe it is a good place, I am going to muster up a proper response over there tomorrow. It's late and I'm a little raw emotionally to pull everything together that I want to say.

Hugs and dust ladies!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

Ugh, I've been trying to stay off this thread for so long it feels like I'm starting afresh! Things have not been going well for me. I typed out a long post but I just deleted it. I am starting afresh with a bright smile and happy thoughts!

Dandi - Congratulations on your BFP! That is awesome! I hope you have a sticky bean and a stress free pregnancy!

enbcfsobe - I know you are out of town and probably unable to read this, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you. Hope things are going well! :)

MLK - what a gorgeous puppy! I must say, when I first saw your pic I did a double take because you look exactly like my older sister when she was younger! I had such a giggle when you mentioned your husband looking young, because I complain about that all the time. My dh turns 38 in May but looks 28; I turned 28 last month but look at least 33. My brother teases me that in a few more years people will start thinking I'm dh's mom. :-o

Brightspot - Sorry to hear about the hairloss. :( I am thinking of you from all the way out here in Africa and sending you happy thoughts.

Tammy77 - I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going as well as they could. :( I am thinking of you and hoping that the next cycle is it for you and your hubs.

Mia - I am so happy for you! Sounds like you are well on your way to becoming a bona fide TTC-er! I am incredibly envious of your ability to run 5km. I hate even the thought of running, I can't believe there are actually people out there who genuinely enjoy it... I know I need to exercise more but really, running 5km? Uhm... I'll get back to you on that one! It brings to mind that famous Kennyism, "People vary"!

Haven - Welcome to the TTC thread! I hope your stay here is a short one and from the sounds of it, it might be... :naughty: Let's hope that the rash of BFPs we've had recently rubs off on the rest of us!

Sigh. I have to actually start working now, so off I go. Hello to everyone I might have missed! :wavey:

ETA: Crap. I've just realised that my O date might coincide with our visit to DH's parents. f****************************ck.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey Trekkie, great to see you again, and thanks! Oh bugger re. your next O date, that would just be the way wouldn't it!? Grr. Hope you can catch that eggy!!

tammy, so sorry about AF hon. Though I realise your need to head to the 6 months thread, you'd be so missed here, lady. Hugs hugs hugs.

Hi mlk, and thanks lovely! I just checked the calendar and it's actually only 4.5 weeks away, woot! Still feels like an eternity but it's better than 6 weeks, yah?! It'll put me at nearly 9 weeks, all going well between now and then. Ah such a bugger about your delivery man, why can't he just leave stuff at the door with your permission?! And it'd HAVE to be at Easter time too, wouldn't it? AH! What a pill. Good luck this cycle my dear! Oh and happy birthday to your darling hubby!

Hey mia, thanks dear! I had all sorts of fabulous ideas as how to tell DH which I'd concocted for ages, but as soon as I saw the test my mind went blank, so, so much for that!! Your DH sounds like such a sweetheart wanting to be with you when you test, he doesn't want to miss a minute, does he?? I love it! So you'll be TTC this time next month?!?! Squeeeee!!! Exciting times!!!!!

Thankyou lovely Bright, I do hope so! You're not dragging anyone down hon, everyone is here for you to lean on, dear lady. Hopefully now you and your hubby can have some 'you' time to yourselves with no distractions. Much love to you.

Thanks for the birthday wishes mp! And thankyou for your wonderful encouraging words, how have you been of late???

Hello to everyone else!! I'm so grateful to have you all on this journey with me, it's a huge learning curve!

AFM, I had to come clean to two of my bosses today because I was asked to be in a theatre doing a hip replacement, and the femoral cement used gives off nasty fumes, preggos are NOT allowed in the area when cementing. I was trying to think of a reason to give as to why I couldn't do the case without sounding like a brat! But I figure now that they know I won't be asked again (they were cautious because it's such early days, but thrilled!), and if anything bad happens I won't have to explain why I need time off work! I do feel uneasy that they know before my parents though. We had planned to tell our parents after the 10 week scan, but I think we'll tell them over Easter and ask them to keep it quiet for now. I never thought about how complex this bit would be! Thankfully I got the dates of my first appointment a bit wrong, and it's only 4 weeks away at just on 9 weeks, all going well, whew!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, the 6 month thread doesn't have much activity - that's why I never moved over there myself. When do you go back to the RE to see how things are progressing? I would definitely ask about a higher dose of Clomid - did you take 25 mg this time? I took 50 mg each cycle and had no issues so that should help jump start things for you. I know you will get your super sticky BFP soon. You are a trooper for dealing with all of the baby showers. I am lucky in some respects that all my friends have had their babies years ago - most of them are in elementary school and a couple are in middle school. My sister, on the other hand, keeps popping out babies every 2 years and she's older than me - which can be depressing as I know she is not even trying.

Haven, good luck. I hope you caught your egg on the first cycle!

Mia, yay for your last pre-TTC cycle. Have some fun now while you can before you have to start living your life in 2 week windows - waiting to O and waiting to test.

Trekkie, we had the in-laws over for a week in the middle of my first cycle with the RE back in December. Quite awkward. My DH was not a happy camper about the whole thing.

Dandi, glad you came out with your pregnancy at work. Totally not worth putting the baby at risk to keep the secret. Have fun telling your parents this weekend. And, happy belated birthday! 30 was a great year!

AFM, hanging out somewhere around 9 weeks. My next appt is next Thursday for another ultrasound, and then I have an NT/CVS scheduled for 3 weeks from today. Can't wait for more of you to join JBP. Sending positive, sticky dust to all of you.

ETA, and we're finally getting our new car! We are picking up a new Camry today. We started looking in November so this has been a long process.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

DandiAndi - It's awesome that you've told the bosses already! Doesn't that make it seem so much more "real"? I know you feel it's still early days, but I'm sure all will go well! My friend also told her parents and sister as soon as she found out, because she felt that if anything happened, she would need them as her support system (her husband works FIFO). Luckily the worst that happened was that she found out instead of one, she was having two... :shock: :lol: I am sure that your parents will be thrilled to hear the news. :)

JGator - I'm sorry to ask this, I know it's rude, but does it bother you that your sister just pops them out like that? I have people like this in my life; it seems like they just think about having a baby and bam! they're pregnant. I am trying hard do deal with the frustration this causes me. I mean, I'm happy that they have children, really I am... But why can't that be me, you know? Thanks for the positive sticky dust. I can't wait to join you in the JBP thread! Do tell us about the new Camry? Do you like it? My dad bought my stepmom a 2011 Corolla and I love it. I can only imagine how nice the Camry must be!

As for me, I'm still chugging along here, hoping that this cycle will be it. I have a ferning microscope which I still haven't used (no idea how the damn thing works :angryfire: ). On 27 April it's a year since my mother passed away and it neatly co-incides with when I "should" be testing. I'm hoping that my late mother's circle of life theory holds true... If not, I guess we just keep trying!

Tomorrow I am off to Cape Town because we have tickets to see Russell Peters, the Anglo-Indian Canadian comedian. I absolutely love his shows and am so excited to finally see him live.

On the way to Cape Town I drive through Knysna, which is where my gem dealer lives. Let's hope I can go straight through Knysna without making a detour! :naughty:

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your encouragement & support. I had a good appointment with my RE yesterday. The good news is we are moving forward with an iui this cycle. (I was worried this might be in jeopardy since I didn't seem to be responding as well this cycle as last.) 
My lining is 8.9 (last time it was 11 but I'm not surprised it's lighter this time after a d&c followed by a 2 week long period!) My RE said it was good for a clomid (or even an injectable) cycle. Like last time, I only have 1 follicle-a 16mm on the right. (last time it was a 17.3 on the left). Let's hope ole righty has better eggs! 
So I do my trigger shot tonight & go in for 2 consecutive IUI's on Wednesday & Thursday mornings. I really really hope it works this time & we get a sticky bean. 
I asked my RE what we do if this one doesn't work & he said we could come in to talk about a new plan. Not sure if we should do this before we know if it worked or not or wait & see. It's too bad there isn't much time between the arrival of af & the starting of a new cycle/protocol. 

Haven, thanks! Ps is a wonderful, healing community. I'm very grateful for all of the lovely ladies here. 
As for the greasy hair, I've heard of some pretty odd early pregnancy symptoms, so its possible! Anything new cropping up? I hope you got a hole in 1!

Mia, so glad to see you back! Sorry work has been so crazy lately. Your new hobby sounds like great fun & so healthy! Your body will be super primed for the ttc race, which kicks off next month!
As for my hair issue, I do have pcos, which is clearly the primary cause of the hair loss. It seems to have accelerated lately, though. If wonky hormones are the cause, little wonder it's getting worse! Hopefully things will even out soon.  And you're right that it's a good sign I was able to conceive. I hope I can do it again soon &with a better outcome this time!

Mlk, thanks for your sweet post. Hugs to you. I'm so sorry you lost both of your parents & in such a short time. There are no words for what you must've gone through. I hope you are doing better now & wish you nothing but joy from here on out. (And also the speedy arrival of your opk's & o!)

Lc, thank you for your touching post. 
I do indeed feel I have to put on my brave face all the time IRL these days. It's a relief to think I don't have to do that here. You guys are a lifesaver. I'm going to see my acupuncturist on Thursday. It can't come soon enough & I hope it's not too late to help. 

Tammy, big hugs to you & sorry about af. I really don't think it will be much longer for you, but the uncertainty is really awful, isn't it? I think an hsg is a good idea. Everything else has checked out well & it would be helpful to know if there's a blockage. I've also heard lots of stories of women getting ku shortly after their hsg's. I hope you haven't left this thread but will check on you over in the >6mo thread. I hope neither one of us needs to be on a ttc thread of any sort soon. 

Trekkie, glad to see you back. As LC said to me, don't feel you need to put on a brave face for us. We're here to support you no matter what you're feeling. Hugs. I hope things are better soon. 
So sorry your next o date coincides with a visit from the in laws. I'm sure if they knew a potential grandchild was on the line, they'd be happy to give you & your dh some privacy. ;-)
I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's passing & hope her spirit brings you a little one soon. 
Have a fun trip to Cape Town. If you pick up a sparkly on the way, I won't tell! 

Dandi, thanks for your post. It has been nice to have a bit of quiet time with dh. Glad you could come clean at work & that your u/s is sooner than you thought. Have fun telling your parents. I hope they will be able to keep the exciting news quiet. 

Jgator, I'm kind of wishing I pushed for more aggressive treatment this time. My RE suggested keeping the protocol the same since it worked last time. I did 50mg of clomid both cycles. For some reason I thought you did 100mg. I wish I had more follies but I guess it only takes 1. 
That must be hard on you that getting pregnant is so easy for your sis. Hugs. Hope you're feeling well & little bean is baking away. 
I hope your u/s & nt/cvs go well. Keep us posted. I'm also interested in the details of the cvs if you care to share. Congrats on your new car, btw! What color is your Camry?

Hi to anyone I missed!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock

Hello, everyone! I need to check in more often - way too much to keep up with when I'm gone for more than a few days!

JGator - LOVED seeing your scan!! Congrats!

Enbc - Thinking of you... hope all is well.

Dandi - Hopefully the next 4 weeks will fly by and your scan will be here before you know it. Sounds like the reaction at work was positive, which is great. I bet in some ways, it's a relief to know you don't have to keep secrets.

Trekkie - I'm in the same boat with you - I am pretty sure I'm going to O this week while my mom is in town. Definitely not ideal timing!

Mia - So you are a runner? Me too! I love doing races, mainly b/c it keeps me motivated to keep running. 5Ks are a blast (and I've heard those mud runs are awesome), but 10Ks are my favorite distance, because I have to push myself more. Your post got me motivated to find a race to do in the next month or so.

Haven - So you are officially in your first TWW!! So exciting!!

Bright & Tammy - Hugs to both of you. There probably isn't much I can say that can make you feel better at the moment, but know you have lots of people thinking of you and rooting for you. It's wonderful having both of you on this thread, but you need to do what feels right for you. I may end up hopping over to the other thread soon too, as I'm now well beyond a year of trying.

AFM, all signs point to O over the next several days, so this morning I told him him we are "GAME ON!" Unfortunately, as I noted to Trekkie, my mom is coming into town tomorrow through Sunday. I guess we'll just have to be quiet, eh? :naughty:

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock

Bright - just saw your last post. So happy you are able to push forward this cycle. Fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results