shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

LC, sorry no luck with the HPT. I agree with DD on the acupuncture. A friend of mine used it while she was TTC and she felt it really helped. Is this your longest cycle yet? I also don't feel it would be a bad idea to call your doctor and discuss your situation. They may be able to share some experiences that other women have had coming off of the Seasonale. It may help to give you some insight and give you realistic expectations about go forward.

NE, that's where I'm at too...no harm in trying so why not go for it! My DH and I agreed that we would try again but we are prepared that we may not even ovulate. That happened the cycle after my first m/c this go round. I still got an LH surge but based on my ultrasound I did not even ovulate. So it is possible it may happen again. Glad to hear you got your OPK's in!!! You ARE armed and dangerous!

AFM, no smiley face on OPK yet which is a good thing because DH won't be home till Thursday! I am on CD 13 and hoping smiley face comes on Thursday or Friday so DH will be in town!!! :naughty: My DS's 2nd birthday party is on Saturday so I have been busy cleaning, shopping, and getting ready for it! I am excited to have family and friends over to celebrate!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, crossing my fingers that your positive OPK waits for your husband's return. I agree with what others have said. Why not give it a go? And if you don't ovulate, at least you can have fun in the meantime :)

NEL, well, at least you know you ovulated and your temps are staying high like they should. That should give you hope for next cycle. Sorry your job is a little stressful right now. I can relate all too well.

LC, I understand you not wanting extra medical intervention, but I think I might be tempted to call my doctor and ask why my cycles were getting longer instead of getting shorter. They might have advice for you about how long you should wait for your cycles to return to normal or check to see if you are ovulating next cycle. But I'm impatient. If you are not feeling rushed and would prefer to try alternative remedies, more power to you. I really hope things return to normal soon. Must be really frustrating.

AFM, I will probably O today because I think I caught my LH surge on the way down yesterday. Despite the fact I had a crummy day at work and neither of us got home until around 8 last night, we managed to get ourselves in the mood to BD (thanks to hubby's valient efforts at cheering me up). I guess we'll try again tonight and hope for the best!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Just a quick pit stop to check on brown_eyes--I'm thinking good thoughts for you and am hoping you get good news soon!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

lizzyann01|1304444231|2911289 said:
Dreamer_D|1304441666|2911249 said:
Lizzy I am not a medical doctor, but when I imgaine being in your shoes I would be thinking the nurse is not particularly informed about biology (strange to say) because an m/c like you had and a period are the same thing functionally -- shedding of the lining -- and I don't see how it being one or the other in this case matters at all when it is ovulating that causes the pregnancy, not the "period" or not. So I have no idea what she was getting at and might have grilled her more about why the distinction matters at all! Poo on her for manking you anxious. I would personally go ahead and let the chips fall. The message seems to be that there is no reason to wait if you don't want to, other than the usual concerns some medical people have about dating an uncertain ovulation days etc. (which are moot with early us now anyways).

LC gads, how frustrating. I would likely keep waiting it out as I think all they would do is give you drugs to prompt a period, which others here have said are very unpleasant, and I would want my body to get its act together on its own. Perhaps consider other treatments, like accupuncture? Can't hurt and some report good results.

DD, thanks for weighing in. I did push the nurse a little on the period vs. miscarriage and the only thing she said is that there is a chance that I may not even ovulate this month because I have not had a period. I know that is possible as I had that happen after my first m/c. But to me that isn't a reason to at least not give it a try. If I don't get pregnant...fine, but I also feel like there is no good reason not to try again.

Well then if you don't ovulate, you don't ovulate. I don't see why that means you should skip a month? I gues sI just don't see the logic on that one very clearly. Maybe she just wants you to avoid fustration if you don't O. (as if you are not already frustrated :cheeky: )

I just hate imprecise language from health care providors. Why talk about periods when what she means is ovulation?? I am likely a PITA patient :rodent:

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

MP: Congrats on the +OPK. I hope this is your month.

Lizzy: I think that if you feel emotionally ready, and there seems to be no medical reason why you shouldn't, you and your SO need to do what feels right for you. I know this must be a hard decision, just follow your heart on this one.

LC: Holy crap, you must be so irritated by now. I hate it when I have no idea what the heck my body is doing. Can you wait another month or do you want to know sooner?

NEL: Sorry about the bummer cycle, but you will soon be headed into the next one.

BE: Anything?

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

BB, I know things must be tough right now, but I am hoping like hell over here for you.

brown eyes, where aaaaare yooooouuuuuu? Would love some good news over here!!

MP - Hi cycle twin! Yay for the + OPK!! Get that BD onnnnnn :naughty:

LC - You must be so annoyed! But great idea on considering acupuncture - I'm super needlephobic so I'd never do it, but I've heard great things. And I totally hear you on when people move. My stylist shut down her salon a couple years ago, but struck out on her own so employees wouldn't be able to steal from her anymore. Thankfully she only went across town which is inconvenient enough, but I have no clue what I'd do if she moved any further!!

Lizzy - I hope that :)) holds off til Thursday!! And planning parties for a LO must be so fun!! Do you have a theme, or will it just be cheerful happy party colors?

NEL - too bad this cycle seems to be a bust, but hey... practice makes perfect :sun: Make sure you practice practice practice so you can "get it right" next time around! Okay, that was awful, but I'm not going to delete it. Hah! Any more ideas for the nursery? Or was painting/stripping as far as you'll go til you're actually pregnant?

As for me... CD17 and I haven't peed on an OPK yet but if this month is anything like last month I'd be expecting that + today. We did BD last night (I had a couple beers and got randy, lol) so.. bonus night! Cause if that stick is positive we are headed to pound town for sure the next three nights! Ahaha. I want that "army of sperm" ready for that egg!!!

I have a solid plan for moving things forward at work in the raise department, even if the promotion is months out. My mom will be here in 3.5 weeks!!!!!!!! and we'll be able to accomplish a ton of stuff including painting the future nursery along with most of the other rooms in the house... I think I'm going with light grey walls for an eventual yellow and grey color scheme but some days I think I want to go yellow... but I think I'll stick with grey.

Fitness is going well too- I work with a guy who does personal training on the side, and I might start actually paying him to work with me regularly if I ever get that promotion and can afford it, but in the meantime he's going to come over (for free!) and show me some stuff so I can do strength training at home!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

BB, how are you holding up? I hope you get a definitive answer at your next appointment. I am thinking of you and pulling for you and your little one.

Katy, you are too funny. I can tell it must be around O time for you :) I think my cycle is going to pretty short this month (24 or 25 days), so I guess that's why I jumped ahead of you. Sounds like things are going well for you and you've got a great attitude. I really hope this is your month!

Brown, thinking of you. You are keeping us in suspense....

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock

Hi Ladies! Sorry I’ve been MIA. It’s been a crazy week! To be honest, it’s still crazy. I don’t have much time for a full post, but I did want to hit a few points.

Katy and MP – good luck with the BD marathon this week.

BB – I’ve been thinking about you all week and will continue to send positive thoughts your way.

Lizzy – Do what feels right to you. I’m sorry it made you anxious, but I don’t see a reason not to go for it this month if you’re ready.

LC – I’m sorry your cycle is still not cooperating. Acupuncture sounds like a good route though.

NEL – Looking forward to another cycle with you. Hopefully they stay short and sweet.

AFM – a big fat CD1 today. Disappointed, but we’ll just have to try again. Thank you for all the thoughts over the past few days. Looking forward to another month in the midst of you lovely ladies.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Hi brown, good to have you back. I'm so sorry this wasn't your cycle. I know how disappointing it feels to time everything right two months in a row and still not be successful. I'm in the exact same boat. But we have not been trying that long, and good things are on the way. Even though I really wanted you to get your BFP, it will be nice having you around a little longer.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Awww, Brown_eyes, sorry that AF showed up, but I'm looking forward to being your cycle buddy again! My LP is usually 14 days--I'm 13DPO today and my temp dropped to the coverline today, so hopefully I'll only be a day or two behind you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us this time around!

MP, I hope the BDing is going well!

Katy, so great to hear from you!! You have lots of positive things going on! I'm hoping you get a + today--so far, you're off to a good start in terms of timing :) Also great to hear that you're lining up things at work! And the personal trainer? Awesome! I absolutely need one of those to get my butt in gear. I'm really excited to hear about how all the painting goes when your mom visits! And how sweet of you to ask about our nursery--I'm 99% done and am saving the last 1% for a rainy day (just touching up floors). We won't start to fill the room until after I'm pregnant, so I can relax about it for now.

LC, still hoping you O or get AF!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Browneyes sorry about AF! And MP too, I lost track of your cycle!

NEL: Well if AF comes in the next day or so, then you know your charting was a success and was accurate!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Hi soon to be preggo ladies :)
I just wanted to quickly chime in since I get the feeling of frustration since people are using OPKs, timing , etc. I've noticed that people are BDing once they get a +opk, which is great, but I think you could still be missing out on a few days of fertility by waiting for that + . My research said you ovulate 12-36 hours after the +, and so you could still be missing the prime time. Im not suggesting the 10 marathon (although thats what worked for me ;)) ) but if you've got an idea where in your cycle you're ovulating, really try to get busy during as many days as possible leading up to when you ov. As Katy pointed out, have an army of sperm waiting to attack! The serm will in theory hang out for awhile in there, and once the egg drops, BDing wont make much of a difference. If you BD on O-1 you've got a MUCH better shot at getting KU than on O+1. Look at some of the FF charts of when people BD, when they O'd, and you'll see what im talking about.

I know people might think, "yeah, well, easy for you to say, you're preggo" but just trying to give any advice that may help...I did a whole lotta reasearch bc I wanted to be pregnant ASAP, too!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Dreamer, my cycles are pretty short, so I am already on CD 13, and mostly like 1DPO (I have not been able to consistently temp this month, so I will have to wait a couple of days to figure out if I really did O). Anyway, the one good thing about 25 day cycles is that I get more chances to try.

Charbie, thanks for chiming in. I definitely think you're right about the benefits of bd'ing before the positive OPK. Unfortunately, we had a houseguest this weekend, and I got the + a couple days earlier than I expected this time around, so we didn't get any bd'ing before the positive. But if we didn't make it happen this month, I'm definitely going to make sure we BD in the days leading up to O.

NEL, thanks, we managed to get in another round of BD last night, so hopefully that did the trick. It has seriously gotten funny with this timed and unspontaneous BDing. You just have to laugh at yourselves sometimes.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Charbie, I think you make a good point about BDing before the + OPK. We are going the Shettles Method route (trying for a boy), so we likely won't be BDing before the + OPK, but I think for most people having a good "reserve" of swimmers ready to assault the egg is a good tactic!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Brown, Sorry for the CD1. I'm glad you have a great attitude though. It'll come, and this way you won't get a Christmas baby, right?

Katy, wow, summer of Fit is going well for you! I loved, loved, loved having a personal trainer. I worked with him for almost a year. It's AWESOME but really expensive. Glad things are going well work-wise too.

NEL, how are you doing, friend? Have any plans or changes for this cycle? What is this " Shettles Method "??

AFM, I FINALLY got a cross hair in FF!!! Thank GOODNESS!!! Of course this was when we were in FL in ILs house so DH of COURSE was like, "No BDing" mindset. We did get a session in the night before we left but that was like 4 days before my projected O from FF. Meh, I'm just glad I'm going to get AF soon. Usually my LP are 10-11 days, so this would be a 65 day cycle. I set an acupuncture appt for this Tues. Hopefully it'll at least make me feel like I'm doing something. Shrug maybe I'll do it for this cycle pre-O. Why the heck not, right?

~LC

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the support ladies. It is extremely frustrating to know we did things right 2 months in a row (I even BD'd the day before the +OPK), and there is no BFP to show for it. For DH and I it starts to feel like work after the 2nd night in a row, so our longest marathon has been 3 days. I'm impressed with you ladies who have it in you to do 10 days in a row.

LC - yay for finally seeing the light at the end of this cycle! I hope the accupuncutre helps shorten your cycles and make them more regular. I've read great things about it.

NEL - It's nice to have someone who's at the same point in their cycle.

MP - I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you. Hope this is your cycle.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

LC, I am hoping that the end of this cycle is coming to a close for you. And I'm glad to hear you are starting the acupuncture. Be sure to tell them why you are there and hopefully they can figure out the best course of action for you!

Monkey, yay on O'ing! I am glad you and your DH were able to BD even after a rough long day at work. I always feel that if I have covered all bases in the BD department, then I at least feel that we have done our part and now it is out of our hands you know?

Dreamer, don't worry I am a PITA patient too, but I really don't care!!! I don't like inconsistency amongst the nurses. I also don't like the fact that I think they just tell you to wait to avoid frustration. I really think that is the only reason they tell you to wait. I understand waiting after a D & C or a later miscarriage, but I wasn't that far along and my levels are down to 0. I think the standard answer is "wait", but I prefer them to review "my individual situation" and make a determination, not just a blanket answer to wait.

BB, thinking of you sweetie. You go in for another u/s on Friday right?

Katy, did you get the positive OPK? I am glad you BD'd last night! Have some sperm waiting to pounce!!! Yellow and gray sounds like such a sweet combination for a nursery! My DS's birthday theme is the Cars Movie! He loves all things CARS!!! So his cake and decorations and goody bags are all cars themed. I am hoping the weather stays nice so the kids can have fun outside!

Brown, sorry about AF arriving. I hope it goes by quickly so that you can get back into your next cycle. It will happen...have faith. Once you BD in the right timeframe, it is out of your hands. Stay positive my friend.

Charbie, I completely agree. My DH and I start BD'ing about 3 days before I usually get my LH surge and then once I get the surge, and the next two days! It's a busy week for us!!! :lol:

AFM, no smiley on the CBE OPK today, so I decided to use one of my Answer OPK's to see if there was any sign of a second line at all and no sign at all, so I know I have a couple more days. My DH comes home tomorrow and is home till Monday, then he leaves for another business trip on Tuesday, so I'm hoping O comes this weekend!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Charbie makes a good point. And don't forget that every other day is a really tried a true "method" too, if a daily marathon is not in the books!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

NewEnglandLady|1304532968|2912194 said:
Charbie, I think you make a good point about BDing before the + OPK. We are going the Shettles Method route (trying for a boy), so we likely won't be BDing before the + OPK, but I think for most people having a good "reserve" of swimmers ready to assault the egg is a good tactic!

I give it a month before you stop trying to sway ;)) Hopefully it will only take one month, but me thinks you are too motivated to accept the decreased odds of conception in the hopes of successfully gender swaying :rodent:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

NEL, that is so interesting that you are trying to sway on your firstborn. The only people I have known who have tried it are those who already have a child or two or more of a the same gender. A good friend of mine is about 20 weeks pregnant with her third. She has two sons and was trying for a girl, so she read up on it and timed BD'ing for a girl and took other measures, but she just found out she is having a third boy. She did tell me that the method is more successful if you are trying for a boy rather than a girl due to the fact that you BD closer to O. She also was telling me that some women's body or more hostile to x or y swimmers, and are far more likely to have children of the same gender. I'll be so curious to find out if you are successful.

I figure that we all end up with whatever baby we are meant to have. So of all the millions of combinations of children you could possibly have, you end up with the ones that were meant to be. At least that is what I am telling myself each time I have an unsuccessful cycle. The right egg just hasn't come along yet :)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Brown, it's perfectly normal to get frustrated and you're only human. We're human; we want something and you want it to happen as soon we say "Yup, this is what I want." I don't do a back-to-back marathon. At our most frequent, DH and I did every other day, then slipped to every 3 days, then every 4 days. If it were up to me, we'd be marathon-ing hard core like DD and Charbie did. :Up_to_something:

Monkey, I'm keeping my fingers crossed you and your DH have some successful egg-hunting. I hope this egg meets her right sperm and they make you and your DH happy. :)

Lizzy, I hope your O happens on the weekend so you can get some prime-time action in. If you don't mind me asking, what does your DH do? He seems to travel a lot. I loved the Cars movie so your DS has great taste. It actually got me semi-tolerant of Nascar (DH watches it). That and the movie Talladega Nights (Formula-UH!). Good call on saving the CBEs when your cheaper ones are starting to darken a little more.

So, I'll keep you ladies posted on the acupuncture. I think I will continue it once a week until O day for this cycle and see what happens. I did acupuncture before and I found it very relaxing, so if anything I'll get that. Plus I've been having weird carpal tunnel-ish pain, so I'm sure I can do a two-birds-one-stone thing. It's $30-35 a pop, so it's not like I'm breaking the bank or anything.

I'm 3DPO, I guess I'm in the 2WW. I'm certain I'm coming up nada, so I'm just going to wait for AF. If I go past 12 DPO, then I'll test, but really not expecting any good news.

Also for those of you with an Android phone, FF now has an Andriod app. I downloaded it from their website, I didn't find it in the Android market.

~LC

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

LC we did indeed do the old 10 day marathon with both our pregnancies, but I had short cycles (like MP, mine are usually only about 23 - 26 days) and very clear signs of ovulation... no way in heck we could have managed that if it was not clearer when my O day was coming! Or, honestly, if we had to keep it up over more than a few months. Anyways, when your cycles get more regular and you have less uncertainty, maybe you can get your hubby on board :naughty: BTW did you get any BDing in during the 3-4 days before your surprise O day this month??

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1304532376|2912180 said:
Thanks Dreamer, my cycles are pretty short, so I am already on CD 13, and mostly like 1DPO (I have not been able to consistently temp this month, so I will have to wait a couple of days to figure out if I really did O). Anyway, the one good thing about 25 day cycles is that I get more chances to try.

I know you have been wondering about your shorter cycles and shortish LP, but wanted to reassure you again (as much as an anecdote can) by telling you that I have also always had cycles in the 23-27 day range with 10/11 day LPs! It'll happen for you soon, just keep on keeping on!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Hey DD, we got one session in 3 days before my surprise O. Technically I know it's still possible that we'll get pregnant, but honestly, I'm just more relieved that there's an end to this cycle and really want to start the next one.
~LC

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

LC, I am SOOO excited to hear that you Oed!! At least there is light at the end of the tunnel for you! I know you're not terribly optimistic about your chances this month, but 3 days before O is not bad at all! Who knows, it only takes once! By the way, Shettles is just a method used for trying for one sex or another. Male and female sperm have different characteristics--male sperm are faster, but die more quickly, they survive better in different environments, etc. It's easier to "try" for a boy than a girl, but obviously there is no way to guarantee anything. I had heard about it, then read more about it in TCOYF and have since been reading more.

MP, interesting that your friend tried Shettles as well! I've never known anybody IRL who's tried it. I think if we wanted a girl we'd just forego trying anything...it's only because we want a boy that we'd like to give it a shot. Ideally I would have all boys! My friends joke with me that I'll not only have a girl, but have a princess-loving girl, haha. I can definitely relate to the "meant to be" attitude and think tha for all of us, once we're pregnant, we'll just feel blessed!

Dreamer, you may be right about the one month of swaying. Remember how I was going to be laid back for a couple of months? That went out the window pretty quickly! My internal goal is to try Shettles for 3 months, but I have no doubt that if we have a couple of unsuccessful months, I'm going to want to up our game. Besides, it's just a method with no guarantees, so it's definitely not something we can count on and if it's going to get in the way of conceiving for months on end, it probably won't be worth it.

Lizzy, I'm hoping you get your O at the right time! So far, so good!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

NewEnglandLady|1304604552|2912932 said:
Male and female sperm have different characteristics--male sperm are faster, but die more quickly, they survive better in different environments, etc.

Female sperm are more robust as well....sounds like those characteristics hold true throughout life as well ;-) :halo:

There are a lot of things besides just timing that go into "selection"...positioning, penetration, lowering acidity....I am thinking we may try a selection method whenever/if ever do go for a #2, more for curiosity sake than anything else. While im ecstatic either way just to have a baby (as im sure anyone is) it would be nice to have one momma's boy ;-). My husband is convinced my body has strict instructions to kill off male sperm regardingless in order to torture him with all things girly :tongue:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

LC, yay for finally O'ing. I'm still holding out hope that you caught the egg. Regardless, this crazy long cycle is on her way out! We're at about the same point. I think I'm 2dpo, although my temps are still a little iffy.

NEL, funny you say that because I have always thought I'd be a better mom to boys too. I find it easier to play with my nephews than I do with my nieces becausesthe girls always want to play dolls or dress-up or role-play, and I was never like that when I was little. Knowing that, I'm almost assured to have all girls :)

Thanks Dreamer, you give me hope. I just have a sinking feeling something is off with my luteal phase because it is not only short, but my temps don't seem to stay consistently high. It dropped back down to what I think is the coverline this morning. I guess I will just have to wait a few months more to find out of there is a problem, but at least it is a treatable problem.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1304618167|2913108 said:
LC, yay for finally O'ing. I'm still holding out hope that you caught the egg. Regardless, this crazy long cycle is on her way out! We're at about the same point. I think I'm 2dpo, although my temps are still a little iffy.

NEL, funny you say that because I have always thought I'd be a better mom to boys too. I find it easier to play with my nephews than I do with my nieces becausesthe girls always want to play dolls or dress-up or role-play, and I was never like that when I was little. Knowing that, I'm almost assured to have all girls :)

Thanks Dreamer, you give me hope. I just have a sinking feeling something is off with my luteal phase because it is not only short, but my temps don't seem to stay consistently high. It dropped back down to what I think is the coverline this morning. I guess I will just have to wait a few months more to find out of there is a problem, but at least it is a treatable problem.

I would not put too much stock in temps since there is so much user error in the method! I know TCOYF makes a big deal about how it is the widow into everything, but seems to me that the medical community does not put any stock in it at all. Most women worry that they won't conceive when they start TTC, I think that is natural. But most women don't have any problems. Have hope and don't go looking for troubles yet!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Dreamer_D|1304621832|2913147 said:
monkeyprincess|1304618167|2913108 said:

I would not put too much stock in temps since there is so much user error in the method! I know TCOYF makes a big deal about how it is the widow into everything, but seems to me that the medical community does not put any stock in it at all. Most women worry that they won't conceive when they start TTC, I think that is natural. But most women don't have any problems. Have hope and don't go looking for troubles yet!

I agree with DD. Temp issues can mean a lot of things besides pregnancy issues. Don't drive yourself crazy!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

MP: Thanks for asking after me. I am doing as well as can be expected. I have had a busy week with my students so that has been good but I am fairly distracted. I hope you are having fun BDing. Maybe this will be your month!

Brown: I am so disappointed for you! I hope that you are feeling ok?

NEL: We tried swaying one month but decided that it was too difficult to try for a girl. Good luck!

Lizzy: My u/s is tomorrow. I am very nervous...we shall see. I hope you O while DH is around, that would be frustrating if the timing were off.

LC: I know how you feel but I am going to cross my fingers for you this month!

AFM: I am worried b/c my breasts don't hurt as much as they did last week. I am also not as sick feeling in the morning. Anyone have fluctuating symptoms during another pregnancy? Did you carry the pregnancy to term?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results