color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

lliang_chi|1303835850|2905407 said:
Hey ladies,

My temps went down again yesterday, first htey were reading 96F. What the heck??? So I did the DD suggestion and temp'd vaginally, it was... um, interesting. DH was in the shower but I kept everything under the covers. He would've been like, "Uh.... what are you doing." Not quite sure how I'd answer that. Anyway, so it's back down to .9 degrees from my temp 2 days ago. I dunno maybe it was a fever or what. I don't feel like I've got AF on the way. I don't get crampy etc, just way bloated.

LC you *either* temp vaginally all the time, OR orally all the time. You can't switch back and forth because vaginal temps will be generally a degree higher (just the nature of the body).

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

DD, yeah I know you do one or the other. I guess I was just doing it for giggles since this cycle is more or less hosed for me. My chart's pretty much manic so I'm not even going to bother posting.

I guess I'm more of an "F it" mentality right now... I'll let things happen as they happen. Not gonna sweat things anymore.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi|1303842060|2905483 said:
DD, yeah I know you do one or the other. I guess I was just doing it for giggles since this cycle is more or less hosed for me. My chart's pretty much manic so I'm not even going to bother posting.

I guess I'm more of an "F it" mentality right now... I'll let things happen as they happen. Not gonna sweat things anymore.

Sorry its frustrating LC. I think F-it is often a good stance to take in situations like this that we can't control ::)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

MP, your thermometer story is hilarious...haha, I'm impressed you kept the thermometer in your mouth instead of laughing so hard it fell out :) We have a rectal thermometer for Byron since we have to take his temp 2x per day. Every single time D sees the thermometer in my mouth he asks "That isn't Byron's thermometer, is it?" He does this because he thinks it's funny that I freak out for about 0.005 seconds every single time.

Janine, you know me too well :) And yes, I'm exactly like you. I like to have every piece of data I can because it makes me feel more informed. I really really wanted to take this laid-back, relaxed approach to TTC, but who am I kidding? I know you can relate because we're so similar...but I think there is a balance between being relaxed and obsessing!

Dreamer, what can I say? You are just so helpful and I appreciate it very much. The TTC thread would not be the same without you. I agree with you--at least I know a few things about my body now that I didn't know before and I can use that information in future cycles. FF moved my O date to Friday after entering my temp this morning. It actually makes me feel better since I thought Thursday was too early based on the clues my body was giving me.

LC, sorry this is an F it cycle for you. I really want for you to either ovulate or get AF so you at least know where you are in your cycle and can start to make sense of it. This cycle was a wash for me, too, but I feel like if you learn something then at least you're getting something out of the cycle. So my hope is that once you start getting some clues as to where you are in your cycle, the data will start to make sense. Who knows!

AFM, I think my LP is 14 days, so I won't get AF for at least another week...then I'm headed home to Kansas City for a few days but will be back in time for O, so I'm happy with the timing. I told D last night that I didn't think the relaxed approach to TTC was a good fit for my controlling, neurotic personality. D said he felt that trying the relaxed approach for one month was a valiant effort on my part, but that we both knew if it didn't work the first month, that approach would be out the window. So I asked "Okay, then is your army of sperm prepared for a strategic, relentless assault on my unsuspecting egg in about 30 days? Do you think we can come up with a viable plan of attack by then?" Luckily, D did not think this would be a problem and said "I didn't think it would happen any other way". At least the man knows me well.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

NEL, you did give it a valiant effort. But once you want a baby and understand the timing of things, it’s nearly impossible not to want to be as informed as possible. I too have a husband who has learned to deal with my ever-so-slightly obsessive personality. He said he wasn’t a bit surprised when he opened a box containing TCOYF after our first month after BC because it wasn’t in my nature to just let nature take its course.

LC, “F it” is right. I’m sorry you’ve had a frustrating cycle, but this too shall pass. I hope things are going well for you otherwise. Are you still training for your race?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

NEL What happens to your chart if you remove the CF records?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

MP, I have a feeling a lot of PSers are like us :) I think that's the value of having a site centered around education...my obsession to find out about all things diamond can be applied to pretty much every other area of my life.

Dreamer, if I remove the CF record my O day goes back to the CD16 (Thursday), so maybe you're right and my post-O CF appears more fertile (I will note that my CF fluid is more watery and less viscous after Oing). I'm happy with either day, though CD16 is the earliest I've ovulated since the month I came off the pill. I was constently ovulating around CD18/19 for several months before having my last two wackadoo cycles where I didn't ovulate until around CD27/28. If I could consistently O around CD16, I'd be a happy lady. We'll see!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

BB, how are you feeling? Any symptoms?

Katy, congrats on the soon to be raise! that will make things a lot easier down the road.

Brown, what day are you going to test?

Monkey, I agree that if you can keep it a secret that you are TTC for as long as you can the better. Otherwise, everyone will constantly be asking you if you are pregnant yet. Or be offering up suggestions on how to get pregnant. :roll: Your DH is too funny with the rectal thermometer! ha ha!!!

Dreamer, yes it is good news on my betas. I am glad things cleared up quickly. On to the next cycle...

Janine, thank you. We are going to try this next cycle because I'm in the TTC mindset right now. We shall see...

NE, sorry I am no help at all on charting or temping. But I don't think it would hurt at all to use the OPK's again as if anything it can show you some insight to your chart. I am also very neurotic/obsessive when it comes to TTC and other aspects of my life. I just like feeling somewhat in control of when I am due to O, etc etc. Otherwise, I feel very helpless/non informed and I hate that feeling!

LC, sorry you are getting frustrated with your cycles and temps. i wish they would shorten up for you or give you some more clues as to when you are going to O. I guess my best advice would be to try to BD every couple of days and maybe it will just happen naturally. You never know.... Hugs to you!

AFM, bleeding has completely stopped now. I am using CD 1 as the day I started bleeding although that could be off. So "technically" I am on CD7. I usually get my LH surge between CD13-CD16. I am worried because my DH is traveling next week and will be gone from CD12-CD15, so I am hoping I get my surge a little later this cycle or I will miss my window. I am planning on BD'ing on CD11 (the day before he leaves just in case!) Does anyone else use the CBE OPK's with the smiley face? How do you like them? When and how often do you use them? I think I am going to switch to those for this cycle. I know they are a little pricier but my RE recommended them. Now that the weather is starting to get nicer here in the Northeast I am trying to get out and take a daily walk with my DS. It makes me feel good and he enjoys it. I also have too much Easter candy in this house. And it's all my fav's - Reeses PB Eggs, Cadbury Mini Eggs, and Marshmellow Eggs! Dammit!!!!

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock

Lizzy - I'm glad your ready for a fresh start and I really hope that you don't miss your window this month! I dont plan on testing until a week from today unless I have definite symptoms, but we'll see how patient I am... I use the smiley OPK's from CB and love them. It's so nice to get that smiley face! I just use my FMU to test once a day. It has worked for me 2 months in a row, but I know that doesnt work for everyone. Oh, and FYI - I got a 20 pack online at Amazon for the cost of the 7 pack at the drugstore.

MP - I know how hard it can be to keep the secret of TTC. I have admitedly slipped to a couple close friends who are sworn to secrecy, but downplayed it as though we just stopped birth control and are not really trying all that hard. It was getting hard to dodge questions from them and I haven't had any other questions about it from them since (kindof nice). I guess now they just figure that we'll tell them when it happens.

NEL - I'm so glad that it looks like your cycles have shortened up. I'm also an information junky when it comes to everything! I like to do all the research and know all the info (that's why I love PS so much). I also went into this trying to be relaxed, but I ended up ordering OPK's before I ovulated for my first cycle off HBC. So much for letting nature take it's course. We're ready, so the sooner it happens the better.

LC - I can understand why your taking that mentality, and I'm sure you're super frustrated. Hopefully things level out for you soon.

AFM - nothing new to report, just chugging along at 8DPO.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

NEL, your DH seems to know you so well. I giggled about his "expectation" comment. I think this cycle I mastered the internal check. I guess we'll see what happens next. Sounds like you're all set for your next cycle. That's awesome. Ha ha about the "Is that Byron's thermometer" comment too.

Monkey, yes still training for the race. I think I'm going to use the OPK and checking FF energy into dragging my sorry a$$ out of the house to run. I really don't like running but I can run longer distances pretty easily thanks to the marathon training last year. On Sunday I ran; My DH was hungover so he felt sick just watching me get ready and stretching when I got back. I gave him a tease about him being old.

Lizzy I'm glad you'll be able to enjoy walks wiht your DS. It must be so nice to get outside with him after being coop'ed up all winter. :) I used the CBE with the smiley faces. It's really easy to use but I haven't gotten a + with them, or shall I say :)) , but it's so reassuring to see a happy face. Ha ha! I think I might do the cheapie Wondofos if I decide to go back and try OPKs again. It costs way too much $$ to keep buying CBEs for me.

Brown, one of my girlfriends ask, but she just had a baby so she knows not to pry. Other than that it's just my Sis and Bro that know. And DH's parents, but they won't pry either. I have no interest in telling my folks.

I'm on CD51 now. If I don't get any AF by the end of the i guess I'll do a HPT, but I'm not really feeling like we got lucky this cycle. Right now I'm wondering where I am on my cycle. My temps are all over the place, literally. Doing sushi tonight with Sis. Mmmm :) :lickout:

Yeah I think i'm going to check out and do cruise control for the rest of this cycle. Looking at temps and peeing on sticks started making me anxious which really isn't working for me. I'm so in awe of all you ladies that are so "with it" with getting the info and researching and everything. And even though you guys say you drive yourselves crazy, it seems like it's still a constructive crazy. Me? I'm a destructive crazy. Ignorance is bliss.

~LC

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, glad to hear you're feeling up to trying again this cycle. We shouldn't be too far off from each other, assuming your body regulates quickly. I've used both the CBE digitals and wondfos, and I've been happy with both of them, and the results seem to coincide. I use the wondfos to see when ovulation is approaching, and then I switch to the CBEs when it looks imminent. That way I don't have to try to decipher if the line really is darker, etc. I bought a 20 pack online, and I still have about half of them left after two cycles.

Brown, hope you are hanging in there and keeping busy during your wait. It won't be too much longer now. It's super hard to keep it a secret, so I can understand you letting a couple friends know. At some point, my family is not going to keep buying my excuse that we're not quite ready yet, because I really have no good reason to give them.

LC, completely understandable that you're tired of POAS and temping. I think anybody would after a long, frustrating cycle. I would venture to say the vast majority of women get pregnant without ever temping or using OPKs, so you're not "destructive crazy" or "ignorant." You're perfectly normal!

BB, thinking of you. Hope you are doing well. Crossing my fingers that you get good news at your next appointment.

AFM, I'm on CD7, which means I should O sometime next week. Is it really almost that time again? The thought of using OPKs, hunting for EWCM and making sure we BD at the rights times sort of sounds exhausting right now. I think my expectations are just lower now that I've had two unsuccessful cycles with doing all the right things, and it is hard to keep up the enthusiasm when you realize you might be in it for awhile. I'm sure I'll feel differently next week.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

*hugs* LC. I am sure this is still your body adjusting to being off the seasonal. It will all work out eventually! In the meantime, enjoy your sushi. And running :cheeky: I was a runner before getting pg but could not maintain once pg. I also hated it, so maybe I am just looking for an excuse :rodent:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Brown_eyes, I'm thinking about you this weekend. Hoping you get good news soon!

LC and MP, hugs to both of you. LC, I know it's frustrating when you just want your body to cooperate with your agenda! MP, I know it must be frustrating feeling like you're doing everything "right" and yet it's not happening. I'm hoping this is your cycle!

I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I just wanted to give an update.
I went to the RE this afternoon and had another u/s the egg sac was bigger and there was a small fetal pole but there was no h/b. He says that he should be able to see one by now so my chances have just gone from 95% to 50%. I have to wait until next Friday for another u/s. I am not sure how to process this info, I shouldn't have made the mistake of planning for a pregnancy this week b/c that made everything so much worse.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock

Oh blackberry, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm still pulling for you and this pregnancy. I hate that this cycle has been do hard on you. I know it will be difficult, but try to relax this weekend. You will be in my thoughts for the next week and I am sending positive vibes your way. *hugs*

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

blackberry16|1304116343|2908254 said:
I went to the RE this afternoon and had another u/s the egg sac was bigger and there was a small fetal pole but there was no h/b. He says that he should be able to see one by now so my chances have just gone from 95% to 50%. I have to wait until next Friday for another u/s. I am not sure how to process this info, I shouldn't have made the mistake of planning for a pregnancy this week b/c that made everything so much worse.

Well they were wrong before to be pessimistic, so hopefully they are wrong this time too. My thoughts are with you right now, the uncertainty must be so difficult.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1304127028|2908372 said:
blackberry16|1304116343|2908254 said:

Well they were wrong before to be pessimistic, so hopefully they are wrong this time too. My thoughts are with you right now, the uncertainty must be so difficult.

Ditto what DD said. Try to hang in there (easier said than done, I know )and maybe just hold off telling anyone until a bit longer. I'm sorry, this is a crazy series of up and downs. How far along are you or what is the range? When is your next appointment.?I am really hoping it is just too early and hb will be spotted the next time around..lots of hugs and keep us posted!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

bb-i am so sorry that this is such a rough journey. hopefully there will be a wonderful strong heartbeat at your next visit...i am sure that the waiting and uncertainty must be really difficult!!! thinking of you...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

BB, I am so sorry you are going thru this. I am also hopeful that things will work out. But best to tread lightly for now. I can tell you that I remember when I had my DS, we did not see a heartbeat, then literally like 5 days later, we did. So I am crossing my fingers that you just implanted later than your RE thought and that is why your betas were lower when you first started this roller coaster ride. Have you had any more betas done to see if that # is still rising appropriately?

Monkey, I started using the CBE OPK's and I love em!!! I love digital though particularly for HPT, so I'm not sure I waited till now to use digital for the OPK's. I know it is a bit discouraging to have two unsuccessful cycles, but hang in there...it will happen!!

LC, you are right in that ignorance is bliss. Sometimes, I feel the more home tests, blood tests, etc etc I do, it just causes me more anxiety. But at the same time I know that if I did not do the tests I would have even MORE anxiety with the unknown. I often am jealous of people who just go online, use the ovulation calculator, and then BD that week and BAM are pregnant within a couple of months. But I feel that I have gained perspective by going the route that I have been led down. I have a different take on things and take nothing for granted. I wouldn't give that up for anything. I don't blame you for putting down the OPK's at this point. Hey maybe you'll end up with a positive HPT! Hang in there sister and enjoy cruise control...

Browneyes, I also really like the CBE OPK's. Super easy to use and clear results which I love! your at 11dpo now right? Any symptoms??

AFM, I started using a chewable childrens aspirin today. I am on CD10 and no smiley face yet. Usually though I O between CD13-CD16. My DH leaves for his business trip on Monday and is gone till Thursday. I am praying I don't miss my window!!!!!! I'll be sad. But we've had a good couple of days. Yesterday, my DS and I went and did our swim class, then we went to one of his little lady friends 2 year birthday party which was outside at a park with lots of fun playscapes and a mock beach area where the kids can bring beach toys and make sand castles. He had a lot of fun and so did I. Then we went to my DH's softball game last night, so it was a fun day all around. This morning my DH treated me to a Spa Pedicure for Mothers Day and it was a nice relaxing time. A friend of mine just told me her and her DH are going to be trying again for baby #2 and I felt a bit of anxiety from it, as I feel like everyone around me is getting pregnant and I am going to be left behind. But I know that it will happen for me and when it does I will be absolutely in love with my new little person.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Happy May Day, TTC ladies!!!

BB, keeping my fingers crossed for you. Did your RE schedule you to come in again? Stay strong, dear friend.

Brown, how are you feeling, lady? Remind me when you test again?

Lizzy, I'm really hoping your DH's business trip will work out with the timing. I understand what you mean by getting frustrated by everyone around you, but it's not a race. And I think your mom said it best: you can't rush perfection. :))

Monkey, are you still planning on taking it easy this week? I hope you're able to keep you very zen attitude.

NEL, any more nursery projects? We stalled on the officery, so I hope to kick start it again, soon. They're FINALLY fixing the flashing issues on with the building's windows and sliding doors! :appl: So now I think DH will be totally OK with me painting and redo-ing everything. I just feel like I need a change.

AFM, CD 55!!! :-o :o This is the longest cycle yet!!! No O in sight. Booo! I'm just going to ride this out till the end. I brought some HPT with me to the IL's in FL, but to be honest I have zero faith it will show up positive. I'll test tonight or tomorrow just to go through the motions. But given the lack of O, no positive OPKs and no temp shift, I pretty sure I"m still waiting... Well, one thing that TTC will teach me: PATIENCE! Something I never had much of to begin with. :rolleyes:

Other than that MIL is donig GREAT!!! (If ppl don't remember, she got in a really bad accident in Jan). She's still not home yet, she's in a skilled nursing facility. BUT she's doing therapy, and we hope for her to get checked into a rehab facility. She still can't talk but she's looking soooo great. DH and I are thrilled with how much progress she's acheived. :appl:

That's all for me. I've been cooking up a STORM for FIL. He doesn't cook much and DH and I are worried he won't eat if left to his own devices. So I've made a whole pot of chicken stew (portioned and frozen), two trays of blueberry muffins and going to make fajitas tonight and convert them to enchiladas (to portion and freeze) so FIL can reheat later. SIL will be down next month, so she'll also cook a ton. Then hopefully I'll be back in June to do this again. It's fun (I like cooking) but FIL feel really awkward.

Just a poll to the group, how many of you live (or used to live) far from parents? Did you move closer/are you considering it? Especially with the TTC and baby-brain, what are people's general thoughts about living closer to grandparents? If you moved back or are considering it, what is your reason (childcare, involvement in the child's life)? If you are not considering it, what is your reason? And what is your plan for childcare? (maybe this should go one a new thread we'll see how the responses go).

~LC

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

BB, I feel awful that you still don't have answers. I was really hoping the uncertainty was behind you and that it would be good news from here on out--I know you must be very frustrated. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that this week passes quickly and that you hear a heartbeat on Friday.

LC, I'm so sorry that this is your longest cycle yet. When do you leave for FL? And how sweet are you to be cooking up a storm for your FIL! Everything you're making sounds delicious!

To answer your question--we are far from my parents and close to his. My parents live about 1,500 miles away and his are maybe 15 minutes away. This is tough for me as I'm very close to my parents and am sad that they won't get to see their grandkids too much. My parents do have 7 other grandkids (and 3 great-grandkids). They are also very active--they golf, go bike riding, are often gone on weekends, etc., so they aren't the typical "we'd love to watch your kids" kind of grandparents. My in-laws do not have any other grandkids and I think they'll be excited to have one.

We did take into account distance from his parents when buying our house. The distance isn't an issue for us, but his parents feel that anything more than 20 miles away is "far", so we were afraid we'd be the ones always making the effort to see them if we bought too far away.

Finally, in terms of childcare, we're undecided. I can be a SAHM or we can get a nanny or we can do daycare. My job allows me to go part-time for 3 months anytime within a year of my maternity leave being up. I'd like to use that to my advantage and try going back to work part-time as a way to ease back in, but D says he's not comfortable with another person taking care of such a young child (12 weeks). I've looked into nannies and child-care facilites (both in-home and on site) just to get an idea of our options. Several of my friends have taken the first year off and then gone back to work--I think that could be a good option. I don't know, it's really hard to decide.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Lizzy: I use the CBE with the smiley face and I really like them. It is easier than trying to determine how dark one line is compared to another. I wish they weren't so pricey though. My RE says that you should test starting on CD 10 between 10 and 12 every morning.

BE: You are almost mid-cycle. Good luck BDing this month. Crossing fingers for O soon.

LC: Charting all the time made me crazy too! I think it is a good idea for you to take a break for the rest of your cycle. Also hoping you get a late BFP.

Monkey: You are right, TTC is a marathon not a sprint, unfortunately. It seems longer every month that doesn't work out they way we want it to.

AFM: I am trying really hard not to think about myself as pregnant. I feel like that will make it easier if we get bad news next week. I got more blood tests on Friday and my bHCG went from 3514 to 13,500 but my progesterone went from 30 to 17. DH is having a hard time b/c he wants to be optimistic and talk about "the baby" and I don't. He worries that if I do stay pregnant I am never going to let myself enjoy the pregnancy b/c I am afraid of m/c. I am currently 6 wks, still using the progesterone cream, my breasts don't hurt as much as they did last week (hope that is not a bad sign).

Thank you all so much for your support!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

BB I think lots of pregnant women, even if they have no particular reason to fear m/c other than the basic 15% odds, hold back on totally embracing and enjoying their pregnancy until they somehow feel like they are "safe". I know for me, my fears gradually decreased as the weeks went by, until I was close to about 16-18 weeks and then felt more secure. Others here on PS have expressed similar sentiments. So if you want, you can probably assure your husband that your feelings will change over time, and "holding back" a little is totally common, and in your case, I think any woman would feel the same way with the uncertainty you are having. I know I would. I am hoping for the best for you! HUGS.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

BB, I'm sorry to hear that you are once again in limbo. You've been through so much, so your reservations at this point seem completely reasonable. Thinking of you and hoping for a strong little heartbeat at your next appointment.

LC, wow, you are a wonderful daughter-in-law cooking all of those meals for your FIL. I'm glad to hear your MIL is doing well too. Hope you are enjoying/enjoyed your visit. Crossing my fingers that you get some clarity about this cycle of yours that has definitely overstayed its welcome. We live in the same city as my husband's family, and about an 8 hour drive from my family. Can't help but wish it was mine that was closer, but his family is great too.

NEL, that's great that you have so many options for after you have a baby. I am pretty sure I will go back to work because my husband has his own small business, so my job provides our health insurance and other benefits, and we are able to save my salary for retirement, etc. Fortunately, my SIL owns an amazing daycare where the kids learn Spanish, computers, and a little music, etc., and she has told us our children would go for free. I know that our children would be in great hands. But I know that it is going to be really hard on me to leave them when the time comes.

Brown, where are you at now in your cycle? Sorry, I don't want to add more pressure, but I would love for you to get good news! (And if not, we'll love having you around a little longer)

Lizzy, I'm glad to hear you are doing well and enjoying your family time. I really hope your husband's trip does not coincide with your O time!

AFM, my OPKs came up positive this morning! My sister was here this weekend, so unfortunately, we haven't BD'd since Thursday. We should be able to get a couple rounds in during the next couple of days, so hopefully that is enough. For those of you who are considering wondfos, I wanted to let you know that they are very accurate for me. I used a wondfo first this morning because I didn't think I would get a positive result for a couple more days, but it was very dark and coincided with my smiley face on the CBE.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

LC, what a good daughter in law you are! Your FIL will have a full belly for sure!!! With regards to your family question...my DH and I used to live in NJ and work in NYC, then when we got engaged we decided to move closer to home. We wanted to buy a home, get married, and have a family one day. We really wanted to be close to family. We are within 25 minutes of both my family and my DH's family. Close enough to see each other often, but not close enough for surprise drop by's!!! I am a SAHM so day care isn't an issue. But my DH and I go out on a date night once or twice a month and my mom watches my DS when we are out. Also, if I have a doctor appt or something during the day, my mom watches my DS. She loves it, which is nice for me as I don't have to feel bad for asking her to babysit! My 25 year old brother passed away while I was pregnant which was so hard on my family. My son brings my family so much joy. I could never be far apart from them and miss seeing the joy he brings them. ::)

NE, where are you at in your cycle now?

BB, it is understandable why you cannot fully commit yourself to this pregnancy or "baby" as you've had so much uncertainty along the way. I had two m/c's before I got pregnant with my DS so when I was pregnant with him, I didn't feel safe really until after my screening at the end of my first trimester. Even after that, I still worried. But with every successful appt, ultrasound, etc I got more excited along the way. Once you get thru this scary time, you'll be able to move forward no matter what happens. Good Luck and keep us posted!

Monkey, yay for O!!! Have fun BD'ing!!!

AFM, I am on CD12. I got the results from my blood test and HCG is down to 0 now. Good news! However, I need your opinion on something ladies....previously the RE nurse told me that we could try again this month because my betas were so low, but then the nurse I spoke to today said that the Dr. said they usually recommend to wait one cycle. So I told them that I had prepared myself to try this month and was now feeling confused and anxious due to the new recommended action. I asked if it would be detrimental to another pregnancy if we tried this month and they said no. I am peeved because them wavering causes me anxiety on whether I should try again or not. The nurse told me they usually recommend to wait a cycle because they don't know if the blood was a period or from the m/c. This seems irrelevant to me. I told her that I was most likely going to try again this cycle and she said that it was entirely my call. This is exactly what I don't need to hear - more uncertainty causing me anxiety. My gut tells me to go ahead and try again as they told me if I did get pregnant again so soon it wouldn't be harmful. Especially considering I was looking forward to this cycle. We BD'd last night for crying out loud!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Hey ladies!

Just wrapping up my FL trip to the ILs. FIL has 12 days worth of dinners, plus whatever SIL made last month. MIL is doing great and all in all it was a great trip. Didn't get any running done, but oh well....

I took a Wondofo HPT today. Negative, as expected. Dunno if/when I'll get an O. I'm wondering if I should call my OB/GYN and say, "Hey doc, I haven't had a period in 60 days, and I"m not pregnant, nor am I ovulating." But at the same time, I dunno if I should wait for my body to get back in balance or to introduce MORE drugs, which is kinda what got me in this pickle in the first place... Hm... I dunno, maybe if I hit 90 days, my body will reset, since Seasonale was a 90D regimen. I dunno...

BB, I'm still thinking of you my dear. It's perfectly normal for you to worry, and your DH is sweet, but I guess is unaware of the worry-ness that all women go through when they're pregnant. Stay positive and healthy. THat's the best thing you can do for yourself.

Monkey, GAME TIME!!! Woo hoo, good luck this cycle! Hooray for O!!!

Lizzy, if it were me, I'd go with my gut. I think the dr's office are going to be conservative and hedge the bet. But when it boils down to it, this is your and your DH's family, and you guys know what's best for your family.

NEL, wow, i love you have so many great options for you after maternity leave. That's wonderful. How's the new position and the new project?

Thanks for answers to the family and childcare question.

~LC

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

MP, woohoo for your positive OPK! Hopefully your sister visiting didn't get in the way too much and you still have time to BD! Have fun!

Lizzy, the fact that there seems to be no negative consequence to trying this month is reason enough for me to think you should go ahead and try. If she'd said that there was any type of risk in trying this month, then I'd tell you to wait a cycle, but it sounds like the ONLY reason not to try is because the bleeding may or may not have been a period. So it sounds like waiting would only be for informational purposes (waiting for another period). I don't think that's reason enough to wait if you are ready to try again, you know?

LC, it sounds like your FL trip has been very productive! You in-laws must love you!! I definitely understand your wanting to get some answers about your long cycles, but also understand that intervening with medications before your body regulates itself isn't appealing either. I'm eager for you to just find out where you are in your cycle.

By the way, the new client is good--more stressful than I thought, but I think it will get better. I hope your job is a bit less hectic for you after you get back!

AFM, nothing exciting here. I'm either 11 or 12DPO. There is no chance of me being pregnant, but my temps are still high (upper 98s), so I'm expecting a temp drop in the next couple of days. I got a new batch of Wondfos in from Amazon last night, so I'm eager for my new cycle to start--this time I am armed and dangerous! That egg is not going to slip by! In the mean time, D and I are just practicing!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lizzy I am not a medical doctor, but when I imgaine being in your shoes I would be thinking the nurse is not particularly informed about biology (strange to say) because an m/c like you had and a period are the same thing functionally -- shedding of the lining -- and I don't see how it being one or the other in this case matters at all when it is ovulating that causes the pregnancy, not the "period" or not. So I have no idea what she was getting at and might have grilled her more about why the distinction matters at all! Poo on her for manking you anxious. I would personally go ahead and let the chips fall. The message seems to be that there is no reason to wait if you don't want to, other than the usual concerns some medical people have about dating an uncertain ovulation days etc. (which are moot with early us now anyways).

LC gads, how frustrating. I would likely keep waiting it out as I think all they would do is give you drugs to prompt a period, which others here have said are very unpleasant, and I would want my body to get its act together on its own. Perhaps consider other treatments, like accupuncture? Can't hurt and some report good results.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1304441666|2911249 said:
Lizzy I am not a medical doctor, but when I imgaine being in your shoes I would be thinking the nurse is not particularly informed about biology (strange to say) because an m/c like you had and a period are the same thing functionally -- shedding of the lining -- and I don't see how it being one or the other in this case matters at all when it is ovulating that causes the pregnancy, not the "period" or not. So I have no idea what she was getting at and might have grilled her more about why the distinction matters at all! Poo on her for manking you anxious. I would personally go ahead and let the chips fall. The message seems to be that there is no reason to wait if you don't want to, other than the usual concerns some medical people have about dating an uncertain ovulation days etc. (which are moot with early us now anyways).

LC gads, how frustrating. I would likely keep waiting it out as I think all they would do is give you drugs to prompt a period, which others here have said are very unpleasant, and I would want my body to get its act together on its own. Perhaps consider other treatments, like accupuncture? Can't hurt and some report good results.

DD, thanks for weighing in. I did push the nurse a little on the period vs. miscarriage and the only thing she said is that there is a chance that I may not even ovulate this month because I have not had a period. I know that is possible as I had that happen after my first m/c. But to me that isn't a reason to at least not give it a try. If I don't get pregnant...fine, but I also feel like there is no good reason not to try again.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

DD, Good call on the acupuncture. I love acupuncture and I'll have to look up a place that can maybe help. It's nice to see you poking around these parts still :)

NEL, you're a lady on mission, armed and dangerous! :lol: Glad you're enjoying the new position & project, sorry about it being a little crazy. Hopefully it'll calm down and you'll be OK. Keep practicing until game time. I'm sure you DH won't mind.

Lizzy, I think you have a great train of thought for this cycle. There is a chance you don't ovulate, but I'd feel better with doing everything in the plan, and if you don't ovulate, well, you and your DH just got some extra action this month. :naughty:

Not much to report here. Still waiting for either AF or O. I got a temp spike today. Pretty sure that doesn't mean anything. Gonna poke around online for an acupuncturist per DD's suggestion. I used to have one for wrist pain but she moved, bummer. Doncha just hate it when your person for X (e.g. doctor, stylist, shrink, whatever) moves? It's so disruptive, but of course, we are all just one tiny cog in the big machine of life. I just hate it when my "cogs" get realigned. <-- wow, that almost sounded dirty.

~LC

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results