shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

LAJ: I'm so sorry to hear your news. I hope AF arrives stat so you can get this cycle in before your insurance changes and get a bun in that oven before Christmas.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Just a quick drive-by post so I'm not late for work :)

I saw the dr. yesterday and got the blood test results. My LH and FSH levels were within normal limits, my iron was low (so now taking iron supplements too) and my thyroid and prolactin levels were high.. not by a lot, but definitely outside the normal limits - which may explain why I'm not ovulating. Strangely enough, last time I had bloodwork done, my prolactin and thyroid were normal, while my FSH/LH ratio was abnormal. Whatever that means, I don't know.

The dr. wants me to do more bloodwork in about a month to see if the levels are still abnormal - she said if they are, she will probably want me to start taking thyroid meds and send me back to the RE- both things I really really don't want to do.

CD 20 - still no sign of EWCM and feeling kind of yucky with cramping and some unpleasant GI symptoms all week.

I have another acupuncture session this afternoon so will fill that dr. in on all the news and see what her perspective is.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

LA Jenn, I'm so sorry about the BFN! Ditto what Moxie said - I hope the next cycle is it for you - it's such a bummer that your insurance is changing

Pumpkin, bummer about your bloodwork abnormalities and tummy discomfort this week! I hope the results next month prove you do NOT need medication and I hope you feel better soon.

princess, boo for AF but glad it means you can start temping and get a clearer picture of your cycle this month. hopefully your coworker is right and this will be the one for you! I got KU the second cycle off BC the first time we were trying.

lili, thanks for cheering us all on :) How is your adorable LO? May I ask if you are still TTC? I haven't been here that long but I seem to remember that you had decided to stop but perhaps I'm mistaken? Whatever the case, your support is very much appreciated!

dcg, thanks for asking about me. I am only going by CM right now - no OPKs or temping. I'll probably start temping again in the new year if we aren't KU by then. Glad your IUI went okay! Is this your first IUI? In any case, I hope this is your month! and I'm glad to have you here in the TWW with me. :))

modern, that chair sound beautiful! thanks for not thinking I'm crazy for getting those jeans :)) Any sign of O yet?

moxie, have you decided what to test? I hope you're TWW is going okay.

AFM: I had some strange cramping yesterday so I'm thinking perhaps I O'd. Not sure since I'm not one who feels it every month. We BDed again last night so we'll see what happens. Here's hoping I can keep the crazies at bay for 2 weeks...

Mrs

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock

Hi all:

Dandi: I'm so sorry I didn't welcome you sooner! Clearly I've been living in my own head. Welcome and I hope you're in and out of here quick (and that we all follow suit of course.)

Princess: Sorry about AF. Exciting though that your body is doing it's thing on its own now. Perhaps this month will bring good news.

MRS: Hooray for possible O! Hoping you caught that little egg. Welcome to the 2WW... I hope you get some great news at the end of it.

Pumpkin: Sounds like your results are all over the place--how confusing! I hope the bloodwork next month brings some clarity and hopefully a move in the right direction if it is indeed your thyroid... Super jealous of the acupuncture. I keep trying to sell my other half on it (mainly because I think it would be super relaxing) but he's not buying. Maybe next month.

AFM I'm 9DPO and fighting all urges to test. I am, however, reading into any and all possible symptoms and consulting Dr. Google way too frequently. Thus far, my bbs hurt, I've had cramping on and off (especially at night), GI issues, nausea/light headedness when I don't eat, headaches... all of which are likely signs of running too hard (race coming up), impending AF, dehydration, and just being hungry, so they essentially point to pregnancy and/or nothing at all in combination. :) I'm trying to remind myself of that every time I type something new into Google. I saw a delightfully bright shooting star driving home Wednesday night which of course I took to be a sign as well! Between the internet and my newfound astronomy prediction skills, I may need an intervention and fast. In the meantime I tortured myself by going to mommy and me zumba this morning (with my edible nephew and a friend....) CUTEST TWINS EVER were there, as well as numerous other adorable and well-behaved infants and toddlers. It made me so happy, excited, and a little anxious all at once. Here's to the next 5 days flying by (I hope!)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrs, modernsparkler, dcgator, lili, princessplease and moxie, thankyou so much for the lovely warm welcome (again!) and handy advice, I'm excited to finally join the sisterhood! :bigsmile:

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

LA- Sorry about this cycle not working :(( I hope AF comes soon so you can get everything started before insurance changes.

PP- I'm glad your test results came back mostly normal. I hope it all went well with the acu.

Mrs- I hope it happens this cycle too! :bigsmile: I hope you O'ed yesterday and got the eggie!

Moxie- Thanks! I hope the next 5 days FLY by, and that you get your BFP!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

AFM, not much going on. CD3, AF still here :nono: which is good because last month, it was very light and only 2 days. The only odd thing is that my temp is STILL above 98 (had been since CD1). I've been feeling under the weather since AF started and had a 99.9 temp about 10 EST, so I really think (and hope) it's because of the cold.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

Fisher: :wavey: I have read about your journey on the other part of this thread. Thinking of your family right now. You are due for some good news soon.

DCG: Wishing you lots of dust in your 2WW!!!

Lili: Thanks for all of your support. How are you? Are you and DH trying despite no more IUI treatments?

Princess: Sorry about AF :( It sounds like you have a good plan to get your DH in ideal health while TTC. That is awful abour your work's new policy and how it affected those going through reproductive treatments. :angryfire: I would be SO mad! It is too bad they didn't get granfathered in or something.

LA Jenn: Sorry about the neg test and the change to your treatments. I hope you get your AF asap so you can get in another round.

Pumpkin: Sonds like it is good you got testing done. Remind me, did you test on CD3 or at a random day? Either way, might be worth trying meds sooner rather than later to get things back on track.

Mrs: Definately not crazy for getting the jeans. I think I actually had a dream about a onesie last night, talk about crazy! I hope what you felt was O pain! We can endure the 2WW together.

Moxie: Your symptoms do seem curious!

Dand: My only advice is to buy the smiley OPK's . See below!

AFM: WOOHOOOOOO I finally got a smiley!!! I have been off BC for 4 months now and for the first time, I KNOW I have ovulated. I felt this weird crampy right sided pelvic pain yesterday and I wondered if it was O pain. Neg OPK last night, but DH and I BD anyway, even though we were both exhuasted. Then, this morning, I tested and YES I had the much awaited :) It is CD 27 for me so I will be curious to see what my leuteal phase lenght will be. We have a wedding tonight and DH is in it so he has already left, but we will for sure be getting some more action tonight!

ETA: Sorry it is upside down, but you get the picture :)

myfirstsmiley.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Pumpkin - Sounds like your results are all over the place. I really hope your next blood screening won't require you to take medication, but I've been hypothyriodal since I was 19, on synthroid since I was 21, and after going off of BC in May, I have ovulated at least 3x, but I know my cycles were fouled up when I was in my late teens and early 20s before I had everything regulated. The second time we caught it and that's when my ectopic happened. I also ovulated last month, but we weren't hardcore TTC yet because I hadn't had a lot of recovery time since my surgery and wanted to have a bit of time to let my body recover.

Modern - Yay for the smiley face! That's awesome! :appl:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

DandiAndi|1289629845|2764128 said:
Mrs, modernsparkler, dcgator, lili, princessplease and moxie, thankyou so much for the lovely warm welcome (again!) and handy advice, I'm excited to finally join the sisterhood! :bigsmile:

Andi - OMG, welcome! I will definitely stop by more often now! Going back to read your intro! :naughty:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LaurenThePartier|1289677479|2764636 said:

Andi - OMG, welcome! I will definitely stop by more often now! Going back to read your intro! :naughty:
HA, thanks Lauren! Funny you should say that, I stalked this thread more intently when I knew you joined! :bigsmile: How are things with you, love?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

Ugh! 19 DPIUI - still negative. No AF.

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock

Go, Modern, go! I love a smiley--makes me feel like my body is on the right track.

LAJ: I am sending you some serious AF vibes so that you can get another IUI in before the end of the year!

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock

Modern: I'm a little late, but :appl: for a smiley!!

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock

LAJen- Are they going to test at the Dr office?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

LAJ- Sorry still BFN and no AF. Are you going to the doctor this week??

AFM, CD4. AF stopped to a little bit of spotting, but I've been sick this weekend. I had a fever when I woke this AM, so my temps are all screwy. I ordered the :)) OPK's from amazon this weekend, so I'm excited to use them this month!

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock

Princess- I meant to mention earlier that boo for a BFN! I'll be cheering you on this next cycle! Yeah for getting OPK's. Are they a good deal on Amazon? If I end up with a BFN this cycle, I'll have to get some for my next cycle.

I'm on CD 30 and I've had cramping the last few days so I'm thinking this month will be a dud. I only had one evening with EWCF so I'm still not sure if I O'ed or not.

I hope everyone has a great week! :bigsmile:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

DandiAndi|1289725878|2765406 said:
LaurenThePartier|1289677479|2764636 said:

HA, thanks Lauren! Funny you should say that, I stalked this thread more intently when I knew you joined! :bigsmile: How are things with you, love?

Andi, awwww, and I noticed IWPO posting in here and decided to stick a toe in. What a rabbit hole that turned out to be! I'm glad to see you 'round these parts, and can't wait to follow your journey, though when you guys really get into it, I hope your stay is short and sweet and we'll be in the Preggo thread together! :bigsmile:

W and I are doing really well; looking forward to going to Reno/Tahoe to see my parents for Thanksgiving. Just have to get past this pesky week of work. I'm DPO6, and temp fell already, so not holding out a lot of hope for this month. It's our first month back at it "hardcore" after my ectopic, so trying to take things easy and not obsess so much, but this 2WW thing is serious!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Modernsparkler - I had my blood test on CD 3 this time, but my dr. wants me to go again in 4-6 weeks and she said the CD doesn't matter at all. She also said that I could get pregnant no matter how long or short my LP - which I'm pretty sure isn't true.. so who knows? Congrats on your smiley :appl: I hope you catch it this month

Loves2Laugh - I will keep my fingers crossed for you and CD30- how long are your cycles normally?

PrincessPlease - please let us know how the OPKs go -I'm not sure I'm ready for that step quite yet nor my husband for the (as he calls it) "regimented sex" (I don't think he fully comprehends that there are only 2-3 days/month where one can get pregnant). but they do really interest me and I'd like to try them soon

LAJennifer - how frustrating! I hope you get either a BFP or AF in the next couple of days and you can move on!

Welcome DandiAndi! I hope your stay here is short and sweet :twirl:

Lauren - my results are exactly the opposite as the last bloodwork - what was high is now normal, and what was normal is now high! intriguing (particularly the prolactin being high - as far as I know, i'm not actually breastfeeding :shock: the only other explanation seems to be a pituitary tumour.. :confused: ). I have a hard time believing that I may be hyperthyroid though. I'm sorry you've had to deal with thyroid problems for so long. I'm 29 and have been off the pill for over 2 years and was really hoping things would have also 'regulated' by now! Don't write off this cycle quite yet - I'll keep sending you some dust :)

MoxieMoo - I hope you can convince your SO to move on the acupuncture - it certainly is relaxing :) Are you still AF-less? Are you still planning to test tomorrow?

Mrs. - I hope your BDing did the trick. Good luck in the 2ww!

AFM:
The acupuncture dr. was very concerned about my thyroid levels - the medical dr. said that 6 is the upper level of normal, but acupuncture dr. said that it should be more like 2 or 3. Gotta love seeing multiple practitioners who don't agree with each other :)

I'm on CD 21 and still no EWCM so I'm kind of frustrated. I have had a bit of spotting, which for me, means well.. not much of anything really :nono:

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock

Hi everyone:

Princess: I love the OPKs... Nothing like a smiley to reassure you that things may be going in the right direction.

Dandi: In reading your intro it sounded shockingly familiar... My husband has wanted kids for all 3 years we've been married and I've been holding him off... And then this summer I finally felt ready. I think spending so much time with my adorable 2 y/o nephew while I was out of school made me realize that while the infant stage terrifies me, I really really really want kids. Preferably ones that are just like him. ;-) So excited for you!

LAJ: Any news yet? Thinking of you... I'm sure you're feeling frustrated since you're ready to move onto the next cycle. I'm hoping you have news one way or the other ASAP.

Modern: Are you exhausted? ;-) How did it go?

LTP: I hope once you do go "hardcore" again, you're in and out and onto the preggo thread. <3 Tahoe--so jealous!!!

Pumpkin: Glad to hear that in spite of your puzzling results, your doctor feels positively about your chances regardless of your LP. Hopefully the new tests will bring you more clarity and you will be that much closer to a pumpkin muffin.

Loves2Laugh: Cramping is not necessarily a bad sign... How long have you been having it??

Mrs: How are you doing? Love that you bought maternity jeans. It's very "willing the universe" and I LIKE IT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, as for me, I caved yesterday and tested at about 6:30. My DH and I were both awake early (albeit with company staying at our house) and we decided that even if it was a BFN, at least I wouldn't be "emotionally compromised" on a school day when we couldn't deal with it together and I had to see clients. It was tricky with company, because I had to sneak the test back into our room to read it. Five minutes later, I asked DH what it looked like and he said, "Well, there's one...very very very faint line.... And one very dark line." I thought he was kidding, but as it turns out he actually had no idea what a positive would be versus a negative. And, sure enough; there it was: a BFP. We had a silent freak-out, followed by a silent celebration, followed by more silent freaking out and disbelief (didn't want to wake our company.) I took another test later in the afternoon (this time AFTER my sis/fiance had left) and sure enough, another positive... and again this morning. I am not sure we're convinced yet, especially since I feel like I've been having crazy cramps since last Thursday or so... I let DH tell his brother since he seemed a bit overwhelmed after all that "wanting a baby", but we're holding off telling the rest of the fam at least for now to make sure I miss a period. Plus I don't want to steal my sis's prego thunder; it turns out that if this sticks (and rest assured I have everything crossed and have never prayed more in my life), I'll be due SIXTEEN DAYS AFTER HER. Holy moly, is my mom in for a workout this summer. ;-) I don't know how to post pics, but I have an assortment of three BFPs sitting on my nightstand right now, one cheapie, one FRER, and one generic blue dye test from Target, and I'm still not sure I'm convinced just yet. Unreal, especially since I feel like I'm going to need a tampon any minute...

Steel

Ideal_Rock

moxie.moo|1289826146|2766444 said:
And, sure enough; there it was: a BFP. We had a silent freak-out, followed by a silent celebration, followed by more silent freaking out and disbelief (didn't want to wake our company.) I took another test later in the afternoon (this time AFTER my sis/fiance had left) and sure enough, another positive... and again this morning.

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Congratulations on your wonderful news Moxie.
Awh, there really is an end to the drought on TTC.
When is your due date?

ETA: I'd love to see your BFP's if you do manage to post them...awh..again many congratulations.... :bigsmile:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock

Just peeping in to say, congrats Moxie! :appl:

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

YAY YAY YAY Moxie!!!!!! :appl: This is WONDERFUL news!! I'm so glad you tested yesterday so you could enjoy the day with your DH yesterday! Try not to worry about the cramping. I had lots of cramping very early on with my daughter and all was fine.

How cool is it that you and your sister are due so close together!?

Sending tons and tons of sticky cement your way!

Mrs

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock

Steal, you're challenging my technological skills but here goes:
DSC02279.jpg

My "projected" due date based on LMP is 7/26/11.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations Moxie! :D

Steel

Ideal_Rock

moxie.moo|1289830852|2766513 said:
Steal, you're challenging my technological skills but here goes:
DSC02279.jpg

My "projected" due date based on LMP is 7/26/11.

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Yup. :read:

I pronounce you KNOCKED UP!

Awh, July is such a beautiful time to have a baby.

A wonderful, healthy and happy 9months baking!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

Pumpkin, I'm so sorry about the confusing blood test results. I hope the drs figure out what's up soon. Hugs

LTP, bummer that your temp already dropped. I hope it doesn't mean that you are indeed out for this month but I admire you for trying to take it easy and not obsess. It's so hard not to let TTC take over everything. I hope you have a great trip to visit your folks next week!

L2L, How are your cramps? Have you started AF? I'm hoping that you caught your egg this month despite the fact that you only had one day of EWCM!

princess, I hope you're feeling better! Let us know how those OPKs are. I'm thinking we may try them next cylce too if this one doesn't take.

LAJenn, How are you doing? Any sign of AF? I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to have gotten several BFNs but no AF when you really need to get to another cycle already for insurance purposes. Sending hugs

modern, yay for getting that smiley!

:wavey: everyone else!

all's well here just hangin out in the 2WW. I've decided hat I will test on Thanksgiving. That way, if I get a BFP the day will be that much better and if I don't, I'll at least get to enjoy some wine with my turkey :twirl:

Mrs

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

Princess: yay for getting the OPK's!

LTP: don't count yourself out yet. The infamous temp dip could be an implantation dip.

Pumpkin: sorry about the mixed messages from your doc and the accupuncturist. It is true, you can have too short of a LP, ideally over 12 is good but some use at least 10 as a cutoff.

Moxie: OMG!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: How wonderful for you!!!! Lots of sticky dust! What a wonderful time you are going to be able to share wtih your sis!!!

Steal: :wavey: Good to see you around. How are you?

Mrs: I like your idea to wait to test til turkey day! How many DPO are you?

AFM: I think O was yesterday, as there was no smiley yesterday morning, so we have managed to BF on O-2, O-1, and O. My temp actually went down today so am not sure what is going on. I guess that means more :love: tonight until I get my temp spike. This is the first month I am confident that we are timing our BD right so I am trying to keep a cautious but hopeful attitude. Interesting timing though, I went to my husband's cousin's baby shower yesterday and my MIL was really dropping hints about it being "time for us". Um hello, I KNOW it is time, but it's not like a puppy you can just bring home from the pound, we are working on it! Ok, rant over :) Happy Monday!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Moxie Woo hooo! You are due just a couple weeks after me and RC! Yah July! And don't worry about the cramping, as long as there is no bring red blood, it is totally normal through the first trimester for some women! It is due to your uterus stetching and changing to accommodate the new embryo and also the thicker lining and all sorts of things. You anatomy changes very fast once pregnant and there are many pulling and mild cramping feelings that accompany it. I had it a lot with Hunter but stangely only had cramping for 2 days this time and now not much of anything. I think it is because it is my second and my body is already stetched to heck ;)) .

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Congrats Moxie! I love your test picture. Lots and lots of cement stick dust for your July baby. DD and I are just a week or two ahead of you ;-)

Steel

Ideal_Rock

ModernS: Hi honey. I loved your smiley face pic! Keep going for tonight as a just in case. And lots of babymaking dust! Thank you for asking, I'm doing ok (edit).

Ryan Claire|1289842342|2766733 said:
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Congrats Moxie! I love your test picture. Lots and lots of cement stick dust for your July baby. DD and I are just a week or two ahead of you ;-)
RC: How come you're not on the preggo thread too. I keep checking to see if you have posted and nada. I want to know how you are feeling, if you have bought anything, how family took it etc. So whenever you get around to it - I will be waiting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results