color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Here's the chart

Untitled_0.jpg
Temp on 3 DPO was taken about 50 mins early than my "regular time". CM was creamy that day, too. FF won't save it for some reason :confused:

MS- Much dust for smiley guy soon!!!!

DC- MUCH MUCH MUCH dust!!!!!!!!!!! I have an excellent feeling for you over here as soon as I finished your post!!!!!!!!!! :))

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock

PP - back when I was charting I had similar issues with FF and temping off time. To combat it, I found a temp converter where you put in the time of day and temp vs. the time of day you usually temp. Although not completely accurate, I found it really corrected a lot of my chart oddities due to inconsistent temping times. Whenever I entered a time via the converter, I just kept a log of what my actual temp and times were for the sake of record keeping integrity.

DC - Best of luck to you hun!!! Sending you dumptrucks full of DUST!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

I forgot to mention that I started temping midway throug due to post BC pills.
KTF, thanks for that info. Would you happen to have that converter link? Thanks again!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Prioncess Given that you are missing temps prior to CD 11, I think you could have O'd when FF says, but it also may have been two days later depending on what was going on with your CF (since I do think it takes a while to get the hang of assessing it). I suspect you are 7 DPO right now rather than 9 DPO, but in the end only another month of charting will make that clear. ETA: Don't worry about the circles being not solid. FF is "accepting" those and will certainly use them in assessing your data, but just noting that the temp was not taken at the right time. For some people inconsistencies like that matter and for some they do not. I think using a converted would introduce just as much "error" into your chart as leaving it alone would, since the effect of time on temps varies from woman to woman and the conversion would just be an average.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

No news from here, other than that my friend who got pregnant on her first try just found out today that she's having identical twins - so happy for them, hoping that it's me (minus the double baby part- the idea of twins makes my heart palpitate!) soon :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Best of luck to you dcgator. I'll be thinking about you this week!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay DCGator!! Three targets is great!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1289350584|2759610 said:
Prioncess Given that you are missing temps prior to CD 11, I think you could have O'd when FF says, but it also may have been two days later depending on what was going on with your CF (since I do think it takes a while to get the hang of assessing it). I suspect you are 7 DPO right now rather than 9 DPO, but in the end only another month of charting will make that clear. ETA: Don't worry about the circles being not solid. FF is "accepting" those and will certainly use them in assessing your data, but just noting that the temp was not taken at the right time. For some people inconsistencies like that matter and for some they do not. I think using a converted would introduce just as much "error" into your chart as leaving it alone would, since the effect of time on temps varies from woman to woman and the conversion would just be an average.

Not that I wish you another month of charting, of course ;))

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock

Good luck, DCG! Sending you truckloads of IUI dust.

Princess, did you test this a.m.?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer- You seem to have this charting down pat. Can you explain to me why you feel that yesterday was 7DPO? I'm still trying to figure this out, and just when I think I understand, a wrench is thrown in :confused:

Moxie- Yes, BFN :(( Although if Dreamer is right, it's only 8DPO :bigsmile:

MS- Any :)) yet????

PP- Congrats to your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFM, 10 DPO, BFN this AM. Huge letdown, although I know it's entirely possible that it's still too early. I'm just going to stop testing, the BFN was too big of a let down. My temp was around 98.2 again today, so there's still hope that yesterday was an imp dip. ::)

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

DCG - sending tons of dust your way! my fingers and toes are crossed for those piggies!

Princess - so sorry about the BFN. I hope DD is right and perhaps it's just too early to test! I'm not nearly as good at reading charts as she but I remember from the last time I was TTC, it seemed like FF really requires consistent temping to be correct. Given that you didn't start taking your temp until part way through your cycle, perhaps it's not accurate. Here's hoping you're still in the game this month!

moxie, how are you doing with the 2WW. I hope it's not making you too crazy.

L2L, I'm hoping you did O this month! good to see you here!

Pumpkin, any sign of O yet? congrats to your friend!

Modern, what about you? You hangin in there?

hey everyone else!

AFM: CD12 today. lots of EWCM yesterday but no chance to BD like I had hoped. Hopefully we can make it happen tonight. I'm so much less crazy about baby making when I'm waiting to O... Not looking forward to the 2WW this month but I'm planning NOT to chart until I miss a period, though I have been fantasizing about taking a test on Thanksgiving morning and getting a BFP...

hugs ladies!
Mrs

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

princessplease|1289338062|2759434 said:
Here's the chart

Untitled_0.jpg

With your temp today added it is pretty suggesting that you O'd but I still think it could have been as late as CD 18.

Based on FAM ovulation is identified by a temp shift of at least .2 F or .1C that is higher than the previous 6 temps. You do not have 6 temps prior to the O day that FF gave you, but FF is using what you have to make an estimate anyways. It is assuming that the lower temps on CD's 12-15 are the "normal" pre-O temps and the temp on CD 11 is an abberation. BUT if you had data for the days prior to CD 11, it is possible than in fact your normal pre-O temps are in the 97.3-97.6 range like the temps on CD 11 and CDs 16 - 18. If that data were there then your cover line would be 97.5 ish and then O would be CD 18, where you had a sustained temp shift.

But you really are missing important data and so I would be really cautious to interpret your chart at all. I would not think of yourself as any particular DPO to avoid anxiety and would just wait it out.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

Ugh, benefits update at work, and they freaking eliminated ANY infertility treatments!!!!!! They used to offer 10k/yr, and eliminated ANY, including drugs. Horrible...... I'm disgusted, and I work for a hospital!!!!!!

I guess good news is checking CM at lunchtime (lol!!!) provided blood tinged cm! Not getting too excited as it could easily be AF since this is my first cycle off BCP

DD, temp was 98.28 today. I shoulda temped right after bleeding last month :nono:

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

DC: Yay for 3 big follicles!!! TONS OF DUST TO YOU!!!! Hopefully this will do the trick this month!

Princess: Sorry about the BFN. I am wondering why your plan would eliminate all infertility benefits? They should at least cover something.

MRS: Yay for the EWCM, hope you get to BD tonight! I love the idea of a BFP on Thanksgiving.

Moxie: :wavey: How are you?

Thanks for asking ladies, still no :) My chart is crazy because I have had REALLY erratic temps due to varying waking times. Hoping for a smiley soon... I don't think I missed O though as for the past 2 mos I have had lots of bb tenderness so we shall see...

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

Just wanted to post an update - 15 DPIUI and still Negative. I'm going to stop the suppositories and wait for AF so we can try again.

Good luck to everybody! DC - yay for 3 big follies - so glad you decided to do the injections.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

LA Jenn: I am so sorry about the negative test. How long is your usual LP? Just asking because it might be worthwhile to continue the progesterone until AF officially arives?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

modernsparkler|1289433316|2760485 said:
LA Jenn: I am so sorry about the negative test. How long is your usual LP? Just asking because it might be worthwhile to continue the progesterone until AF officially arives?

My usual LP is about 14 - 15 days. I'm just afraid the suppositories will keep AF from coming.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

LAJenn if your usual LP is 14 - 15 days you are not even late yet! Clearly I don't know squat about progesterone suppositories, but I would hate to see you stop them too soon, KWIM? Can they even keep AF away?? I recall a while back some debate here that it was even questionable they did much of anything anyways... Your doctor has sort of left you hanging a little, but can they take a blood test for you to be sure? Pee sticks are not very sensitive, I recall a couple ladies who got negs until very far along. DivaDiamond I think with her son was like 16 or 18 DPO!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

Ok - so one more day of suppositories and maxi pads!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Princessplease - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, you're nowhere near out of the game yet! Too bad about your insurance policy at work.. very frustrating! :nono:

Modernsparkler - I hope you get your O soon ;-)

LAJennifer - I'm sorry for the BFN but it's not over til AF shows up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!

CD 19 here and no sign of EWCM yet. I'm seeing my dr. tomorrow for the results of the bloodwork done on CD 4 a few weeks ago. Wish me luck for 'normal' results

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock

Princess: Sorry about your BFN, but it sounds like you're not out just yet... Here's hoping.

LAJ: I'm sorry about your BFN too--how disappointing. Did your doctor makes suggestions about how long to keep taking the progesterone or about when to test? I'm still hoping for you.

MRS: I'm hoping for a Thanksgiving day positive for you too! I hope you managed to squeeze in some babymaking time.

DCG: I am crossing everything for positive results for you. I was so excited to read that you had THREE big follicles ready to go. I'll be checking this and the other thread obsessively starting about ten days from now!

Modern: Any smiley yet? Thinking of you. I have longer cycles too and they feel like FOREVER in the 2ww and waiting to ovulate. Grrr... Hang in there.

PumpkinPie: I hope your results are totally normal or better than normal--let us know how it goes.

AFM I am 8DPO and trying to stay sane, which I'm doing so-so with. I'm debating whether to test on Sunday or Monday--I don't want to deal with crushing disappointment when I have a 14 hour day at school which is why I'm tempted to find out on a day that I can just bum around at home. Then again, it could be unnecessary disappointment if I test then, which is 11/12 DPO so I'm conflicted. My guess is I'll just wait it out. I felt good about this month earlier, but now I'm less so and feeling ambivalent. The GOOD news is that my sister has now told me that she is pregnant and due in July. Very excited for them, although my family is being weird about it and worried I'll lose it. I actually feel fine, but if I'm still not pg when she starts getting a big belly it will likely be tougher... Alright, back to distracting myself from the possibility of fake baby. Sorry to sound like a bit of a debbie downer--I'm just getting a little tired of the suspense each month!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hello again girlies! :wavey:

I love this thread, and have been cheering you all on from afar for so long! I posted here a while ago, just dipping my toe in and getting some info from all of you fantastic gals re. all things TTC. I've been wavering on the baby thing for a while now, I just haven't felt, well, 'ready', whereas DH is itching for a baby. We've talked about it so much, and we've just been waiting to do this, that and the other before having children. Then just the other night, DH asked me when I'm eligible for long service leave from work (17 weeks paid leave). I replied not for a few years yet, and asked him why he asked. He replied that he wants me to have as much time off as I feel I need to without having to worry about money, because he just really really wants to be a daddy, feels he's getting too old to wait (mind you he's 35 next week!) and feels our home would be so complete with a little bubby.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

And I swear, a switch in me just flipped. I thought my body clock was broken or non-existant, and voila, it's a-tickin' baby!! Just like that. Unbelievable. People have told me for years that it would eventually happen, and I sometimes laughed it off... now who's laughing?! :bigsmile: It feels great, that now I am so sure about how I feel. And really, we aren't waiting for any particular reason, other than I'm a wee bit terrified :rodent:

Anyway, mindless gooey prattle over. My question is, did many of you have a medical checkup(s) before going off the pill? I've made an appointment with my GP in a few week's time. What should I expect? I assumed they'd do bloods to check on vaccine antibodies, a basic health checkup, anything else?

Thankyou!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

Dani, YAY! Welcome to the club :appl: What a great hubby you have and wonderful feeling to know you're ready and interested in TTC! I remember how suddenly it hit me too. I think I did a pre-TTC check up with an OB before we TTC the first time and I remember feeling like it was a waste of time since they basically just told me to take prenatals and call in 6 months (or maybe it was a year) if we still hadn't conceived... NO tests were run at all. I was so annoyed since it felt like such a big deal; I wanted to shout from the roof tops, "I want a baby!! I no longer cringe at the sound of a child crying! I want one!!!!" But clearly people TTC and have babies all the time, so I don't know why I wanted anyone (especially my OB) to care much. Perhaps I would have had a different experience had I seen another OB. Anyway, good luck to you!!! I hope your stay here is short :wink2:

Moxie, sorry the TTW is so hard! I would suggest waiting and NOT testing but I *know* how hard that is. You should test Sunday if you feel like being able to stay home will be better. For me, I think I would rather test on Monday just in case I got a BFN since I'd have lots of distraction through work to keep my mind off the disappointment. I'm glad your sister told you about the pregnancy! I so hope you two can be pregnant together soon!

Pumpkin, I hope your drs appointment goes well and the results are good!

LA Jenn, so sorry about the BFN! I don't know anything about progesterone but I hope it's possible you just tested too early. Perhaps you could call your dr to ask if you should keep taking the suppositories?

Modern, I'm sending O vibrations your way!

AFM: CD13 here and I thought the EWCM stopped yesterday but I seem to have some today so who knows... We BDed last night despite a very tired DH so hopefully we're hitting the fertile time. I feel better this month since I'm keeping better track of CM which makes me feel more in control. Last month I just winged it and hopped that we hit the right days by BDing for 10 days straight but it was exhausting. I think that may have added to my extreme disappointment last month. Perhaps if we aren't successful this month, I'll be less cranky about it since it wont feel like I BDed my butt off for nothing. It's not that I don't enjoy it, I guess it just isn't as much fun if you make it a chore that must be done everyday.

confession: I bought some maternity jeans the other day. Seems so silly since I'm not pregnant yet but they were on sale and they're so cute and I so WANT to be pregnant soon... Perhaps I'm jinxing it but hope springs eternal...... ug

Mrs

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

Pumpkin: Good luck with your blood work results! Did the just check FSH/LH levels? Keep us posted!

Moxie: I am sorry about the agonizing 2ww! I hear you about the long cycles. Waiting for O is so frustrating and then the 2WW does drag on. It seems like it is too early to test, however that is easier said than done! Even if you do get a negative on Monday it still may be too early to tell. Congrats to your sister, although I know that her news must be filled with mixed emotions for you. You will get your BFP and hopefully you two will get the chance to be KU together. Given that she is first the good news is that you can get some great maternity clothes second hand.

Dandi: Welcome to the world of TTC :wavey: . Sounds like you have finally gotten your baby itch! So exciting. Hopefully it won't take too long. Ditto to what Mrs said about the checkup about it being a bit anticlimactic. However, it is important for the doc to review your history and make sure there is nothing you need to do prior to TTC. You could also start a PN today if you want. Good luck!

Mrs: It does suck how TTC can make BD seem less about you and DH and more about just getting KU. Sounds like you have a good approach this month and hopefully you timed it well. I love that you bought maternity jeans. Sounds like something I would have done, however I am not sure what DH would think. I am oogling this beautiful paisley chair that would be such a great gender neutral nursery focal point but of course, I can't justify buying it yet...

Princess: any word yet?

LaJenn: Did you continue the progesterone ?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock

Hi, TTCers!!

I've not gone through all the pages I've missed since my last post, but I did want to pop over and say hi and wish you all happiness and GOOD news soon. :bigsmile:

Keep the faith!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Hello ladies,

Happy almost Friday to you all! I hope everyone is having a good week so far.

KTF - Thanks for the well wishes, I hope this is it!

Princess - I am sorry about the BFN, but it is still early. Have the temps stayed up there today? I think that Dreamer has a valid point. It's really hard to determine your true O day without the other temps. But, hindsight is 20/20 and hopefully you won't even have to worry about it anyway ;-) Btw, sorry about the insurance, but hopefully you won't need it anyway.

Pumpkin - Congrats to your friend on her exciting news. Man, that one is uber fertile, eh? Did you get your results back yet?

Claritek - Aw, thanks for the well wishes. Nice to see you in here :)

Moxie - Thanks for the well wishes. We shall see...I am sorry about the family drama. Ah, the 2WW, so freakin' stressful (so much for just relaxing, :rolleyes: ) Just hang in there, and when you need to test, go for it! I can't imagine how hard it would be to have to watch your sis get the big belly, but hoepfully, you will be comparing belly sizes with her soon!

Mrs - I can't remember, are you temping or using OPK's or going by CF only? Either way, I am glad that you were able to get some good BD'ing time in and hope that you caught your eggie. I know the 2WW sucks, but I will probably be the exact same DPO as you are, so we can wait together, ok :wink2: That Thanksgiving BFP would indeed by awesome!

Modern - Thanks for the happy thoughts. I am sorry that you haven't got your smiley yet, but now you have more time to practice for the eggie dropping :naughty: . In regards to the healthcare changes, most plans don't cover any infertility stuff and if even if they do now, (not to get too political) but get ready for a WHOLE load of changes. My insurance has always been convered by my company, but with the new rules, it's about to raise in price about 50%, and they are passing on the costs to us. Ugh.

LAJenn - Sorry about the BFN. Just curious, does your office not have you come in to get a bloodtest 2 weeks after the IUI? That way, they can see if you have any HCG, which would warrant continuing the Progesterone. And if you are indeed not KU, the progesterone will likely stall AF. This was just your first IUI right? Also, were you doing Clomid only?

DandiAndi - Welcome back to the TTC hood! It's good to see you back in these parts. Congrats on getting into TTC mode. I hope that your stay here is short and sweet. As far as getting off BC, I would recommend seeing you doc. They will likely prescribe some prenatals (or you can get some OTC ones) and they will also likely test you for Rubella immunity, which if you don't have, they will make you wait 3 months before getting KU. If you have cats, they will also test you for the taxoplasmosis titter, which is importante too. Finally, they will give you some hints and other advice for your TTC adventure. Best of luck my dear!

AFM, I had my IUI today, so 2WW, here I come! :razz: To all you ladies still in the 2WW and those making your way there, lots of luck!

lili

Ideal_Rock

DCGator--
:appl: :appl: dust dust dust.
Will you be getting blood tests at the end of your 2WW?
I hope hope hope this is the cycle for you.
It already look promising w/ 3 little piggies ^.^
Thanksgiving BFP would be awesome.

LAJennifer--
Sorry about the BFN.
Like the others said, it is not over until AF showed.
There are actually quite a number of ladies who don't get their BFN until much later.
My previous one didn't show until 18DPO.
Fingers crossed for you.
Like DD ask, will they do a blood test for you?
I'm surprised that it is not ordered since you on suppositories.

PrincessPlease--
Good luck!
Just a few more days and you'll know for sure.

ModernSparkler--
Hope you get your smiley soon.

Pumpkin--
Hope your appt went well.
And double congrats to your friend.

DandiAndi--
Welcome and hope your stay here is short.
Ditto the other ladies about the rubella test and prenatal vitamins.
They may also give you the flu and tetanus (sp) shots too.

Moxie--
8DPO....not much longer.
Good luck! I hope you get your BFP so you and your sister can go through this joyous experience together.

:wavey: fisher!!
Glad to see you back on PS.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

LA- Sorry about the negative test. Did you continue the progesterone supps?

PP- Hope your BW comes back normal. Let us know!! I hope EWCM comes soon!!

MM- I completely understand about testing early. I'd make sure you don't have any sticks laying around because they are just TOO tempting!!! I hope the next few days are easy for you.

Dani- Glad to see you here!!!!!! I just started taking a prenatal vitamin OTC when DH and I decided to TTC. When I go to the ob next month, I want them to check for any irregularities with the repro system.

Mrs- Much dust for BD time!!! I completely understand about the clothes! I have to stay away from the maternity section in Target because it's too tempting!!!

DC- YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Much dust!!!!!

AFM, the wicked witch came, ugh!!! I POAS this AM because I had some bloody CM (thought it was still the spotting), and then she showed up full force after 11am. It is lighter, though, than before BC pills. It was disappointing, but at least I know I O'ed and got AF. I'm glad that at least I can start over again with temping/CM. I bought DH some good multivitamins (incl zinc and Vitamin C) so he can get as healthy as possible (he's not a great eater, so he is definitely lacking on key nutrients), so sperm can be healthier. His inappropriate diet concerns me a little, so in addition to helping him make the necessary dietary changes, the vitamins will help him while he's adjusting to the correct foods. (DH is awful; he eats NO veggies or fruits, so I KNOW he really needs the vits). Here's to another month! DH is excited for all the BDing :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

Gah PS ate my edited post.
I added that my temp is still up over 98 today, but I'm not feeling well, so that may be why. My coworker who is 5 months PG told me she thinks I will get PG next cycle. She said she just has a feeling.

In any event, re: the infertility treatment canceled at work, it just breaks my heart because there were about 40 women currently going through diagnoses, treatments, etc, and now they have to pay for it all OOP. :nono: :nono: Obviously, I hope it doesn't come to that for me (struggling with TTC), but it's even more heartwrenching to think about because if it does come to that (no one ever anticipates struggling when starting to TTC), it really upsets me that my employer is so insensitive and eliminated all coverage. All I can think about is these poor women who have to pay for tests, drugs, etc on their own :((

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

I broke down today and bought a First Response. Negative. I'm pretty sure that is true, since today is 16 DPIUI. Just to clarify, I did clomid with Repronex injections. I actually overstimulated and had 7 or 8 follies (4 very mature). I just stopped the suppositories because I do not want to delay AF any longer. It needs to come ASAP so I can start a new IUI cycle. And no, the doctor did not order any blood tests post IUI - just told me to take a home test on 14 DPIUI and then show back up on cycle day 3. No instructions on when to stop the suppositories.

I'm pretty sure I had implantation spotting - but nothing stuck. Maybe I have an implantation problem? My lining was very thin and my periods are usually 2 days only.

My insurance is changing on December 1 and I will no longer have infertility coverage - AF needs to come quick so I can start another IUI cycle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results