carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Loves Vintage said:
Steal, Sorry to see you had such a confusing weekend. You remind me a lot of me, right down to the language you use. If my first name were Kate (it's not), then I would walk around the house referring to myself as "Barren Kate" all the time. Sometimes, like a mad-woman in a fit of despair, other times like a happy-go-lucky making-fun-of-the-situation Barren Kate! Yes, fun times! Oh, and I was a test dismantler too! Anyway, I think you know already, but you really have to focus on the certainty that those pink double lines provided and know that you CAN get pregnant. At some point, as time passes, you start to think that you really can't. Well, now you KNOW you can. Embrace it on a very deep level. You may think on a conscious level again that you cannot, and that's okay, so long as you know deep down inside that you can. I really believe that is so important. I wish you well this next cycle, Steal!

There hasn't been much talk of pre-seed or Instead cups lately. Quite a few of the ladies, back in Fall last year, had success with the combo. If anyones looking to add something new to their repertoire, it might be worth looking into.

Thank you LV. :oops:
Glad somebody else gets me! Sometimes I wonder if you ladies have to read, re-read then abandon my posts as gibberish. But it keeps me happy!

Well done on passing the 3hr glucose! I absolutely understand your pain re choosing a cream paint. DH and I are currently painting 'not quite the right shade but neither of us have enough interest to go pick out the right shade so this one will do' cream on the walls and are a-ok with settling for mediocrity.
Re: hypnobirthing, it is popular in some circles over here too. We are going to look into it if we ever get the oven working and make a bun. Keep on baking that bebe!

Re: Pre-seed & Instead. DH and I use preseed. We don't use the scary (not at all schexy) syringe but we use it liberally :naughty: . I was thinking about the cups so I did the research I posted a little while ago about the swimmers actually getting shifting through the cervix pretty much asap. So as long as a lady can remain laying down for 10-20 mins then the fluid that leaks out is just abnormal swimmers and seminal fluid. So I vetoed the cups (FOR ME) as superfluous.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

My family dr.did the bloodwork which had wonky hormone levels (LH and FSH - I forget the details but one was higher than the other) that she said were indicative of PCOS. I assume this info was sent to the RE along wtih the referral for me. The RE never mentioned it and simply asked me how much I weighed when I had regular periods (in h.s.) - which was about 10-15lbs more than now. He said I should try to gain some weight and that was that. I haven't seen him again (this was last December).
I'm not underweight - but just about at the lower end of the BMI scale. I weighed more in high school because I ate a lot of junk food for boredom/emotional reasons and didn't exercise at all. I'm not sure going back to that lifestyle is all that good of an idea :cheeky:

when I was charting, FertilityFriend did see 'ovulation' once out of 3 cycles, but my charts were really quite irregular. I can try to post one here from last summer...let me see..
The RE dismissed the temping charts when I tried to show them to him at our appointment. He told me not to drive myself crazy with temping.

3.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

obviously I changed my nicname :cheeky: - for more anonymity especially now that I'm sharing more personal details

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pumkin Pie, Can you make an appointment with a different RE? Sounds like there was a big disconnect with the first one you saw. Generally speaking, an RE will do a full month of diagnostic testing. You wouldn't have to elect all of the testing offered. For example, an HSG test would seem premature for you at this point, but at the very least, I would expect bloodwork on CD3 and CD21. CD21 bloodwork is used to determine whether you ovulated. I do not know much about PCOS, but I do recall that it is diagnosed through bloodwork. Perhaps whatever bloodwork the RE received was sufficient to rule out the diagnosis? Even if that were the case, I would still expect the RE would be curious why your cycles have been so long. Good luck and hope some others with more experience chime in soon.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

PumpkinPie said:
Dreamer_D said:
Hey Maevie! Have you thought of temping or charting? I personally find it rather simple (with a little practice) and it can give a clue about what is going on, at least then there is not so much wondering "Did I or didn't I??" It is not for everyone but I like it a lot.

i have been charting for over a year and was temping for a while, but that was back when my cycles were longer and more irregular. I have decided to pay attention to CM now (the fertile EWCM came at about day 21-22 during this current 50 day cycle) as temping is difficult because I tend to be a chronic insomniac and wake a lot at all hours of the night.

Great! Hmmm... if you ovulated on CD 23, then you are at 17DPO. That is unusual unless you are pregnant 8) In the chart you posted above your LP was 10 days, and if accurate, that is usually pretty stable. Perhaps you ovulated later or did not this month? Ditto LV about the RE -- I think I would try to see another if I could because he did not seem to really take it seriously. I suppose if you had not been TTC very long he wanted to wait until there were issues to look into things??

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Steal said:
Dreamer: Er-ee-er-ee-er-ee! (bedsprings)
Muah ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa.
I know what you are up to, for sure! Close the curtains - the neighbours are looking :sun: .
Is this cycle shaping up to be a shortie too or about normal? So at CD11 you should be expecting an egg launch from tomorrow? Happy egg hunting!
Thanks again for all your support to me, I feel better (I think) that it was a chemical. But still sad, too. So I’ll just say Neighhhhh (horsey whiney) and clip clop off into the distance.

No er-ee-err last night, I was too annoyed with DH (who decided to have a bout of road rage and have a pissing contest with another driver with me and Hunter in the car last night :nono: ) and also still no fertile CF so I thought why bother? haha... I also sort of panicked and did not want to get pregnant yet, so a night off from DTD was a good thing. Today is CD 12 and no clear signs of ovulation save the drop in temps to a stable low, which usually heralds the start of the estrogen shift for me. I was sick last week so I think it has delayed things a little, but if I O around CD 14 then that would still give me a 25 day cycle which has been my norm. So I suspect that is where we are headed this month!

Oh, and strange AF for you... not to be weird, but have you tried testing again? I did that once because AF was odd but it was good piece of mind for me to know for sure nothing was going on so I could get drunk without worry! :lol:

dreamerchartypoo.jpg

WhatsOldisNew

Rough_Rock

I agree with LovesVintage -- try to see a different RE. Even if it is true that your entire difficulty in getting pregnant can be attributed to your low body weight, the fact that the RE dismissed many of your concerns is frustrating -- and I personally would not have returned to such a doctor either. Perhaps you can find someone who will be helpful and understanding (and someone who can at least followup your abnormal bloodwork). I wish you luck!
ETA: Obviously, this was meant for Pumpkin Pie.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Loves Vintage said:
Pumkin Pie, Can you make an appointment with a different RE? Sounds like there was a big disconnect with the first one you saw. Generally speaking, an RE will do a full month of diagnostic testing. You wouldn't have to elect all of the testing offered. For example, an HSG test would seem premature for you at this point, but at the very least, I would expect bloodwork on CD3 and CD21. CD21 bloodwork is used to determine whether you ovulated. I do not know much about PCOS, but I do recall that it is diagnosed through bloodwork. Perhaps whatever bloodwork the RE received was sufficient to rule out the diagnosis? Even if that were the case, I would still expect the RE would be curious why your cycles have been so long. Good luck and hope some others with more experience chime in soon.

I agree - I really liked the dr. when I saw him, but we weren't really anywhere near TTC and I wanted to be reassured, which he did -and then my cycles started improving so I was content. Now that my husband is more or less on the bandwagon with this TTC idea, I'm wondering what to do. I seem to have lost my confidence in any dr. being useful right now. I suppose I should make an appointment with my family dr. first to talk options although I worry that she may actually want us to try for a few cycles first. I guess I feel like I'll be wasting their time - I'll go there and she'll say, yes you have irregular cycles, but we already knew that. Am I crazy? :cheeky:

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D said:
PumpkinPie said:
Dreamer_D said:
Hey Maevie! Have you thought of temping or charting? I personally find it rather simple (with a little practice) and it can give a clue about what is going on, at least then there is not so much wondering "Did I or didn't I??" It is not for everyone but I like it a lot.

i have been charting for over a year and was temping for a while, but that was back when my cycles were longer and more irregular. I have decided to pay attention to CM now (the fertile EWCM came at about day 21-22 during this current 50 day cycle) as temping is difficult because I tend to be a chronic insomniac and wake a lot at all hours of the night.

Great! Hmmm... if you ovulated on CD 23, then you are at 17DPO. That is unusual unless you are pregnant 8) In the chart you posted above your LP was 10 days, and if accurate, that is usually pretty stable. Perhaps you ovulated later or did not this month? Ditto LV about the RE -- I think I would try to see another if I could because he did not seem to really take it seriously. I suppose if you had not been TTC very long he wanted to wait until there were issues to look into things??

this was the first time I actually paid attention to CM and I'm pretty sure I was right. I'm wondering whether it was a false alarm and there was no ovulation this month at all. I've had zero CM for the past few weeks beyond occasional light brown spotting.. I've also been feeling sick and having cramps - damn nature for creating PMS and pregnancy symptoms the same - it's cruel. :((

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer- I'm sorry your husband was such a doofus. I hope your ambivalence resolves itself too - I swing back and forth as well on the TTC part and my husband wants to 'ease' into it - i.e., use contraception only part of the time - but he's not sure he wants it to happen right away - which is good, since I don't think with my cycles that it will. It's a big ball of ambivalence over here as well :)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

oh and the other reason I'm reluctant to see my dr. right now is because we're in the middle of a life insurance application. I assume I would have to call them and let them know if I were pursuing any medical concerns? My husband believes this would be the case.

(I actually just made an appointment for Friday with my dr. but my husband mentioned this complication)

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

Wow this thread is cruising!

Bella: So sorry about DH's job. Will that affect your adoption plans? What frustrating timing. I hope he finds something soon!

CD: How are you holding up? Still in the 2WW?

Old is New: My first cycle of BC I am still unsure if I ovulated or it was just late. The frustration is maddening! Its hard to even think about the 2WW if you don't know you are in it or not! Have you thought of easing into maybe temping anything like that?

Miss J: Congrats on the MRS!!! :appl:

Pumpkin: Welcome! Sorry about the long cycle. It sounds like it would be good for you to see another RE to get an opinion now that you and DH are easing into the TTC pool. It shouldn't really affect your life insurance though I wouldn't think.

RC: Lots of luck for the trigger! Would love to see a BFP for you this month.

Steal: So sorry for all you have been through these past few days and what a strange start for AF. I am no expert, but I think it is good news that you had more than a the dry hump you suggested ;-) I bought the 30 day clear blue easy OPK's my doc suggested. It is a one month supply with like 20 test sticks that is supposed to last a cycle. I found it on amazon for $27 with FREE shipping!

Moxie: Boo for AF. Guess we are all starting as cycle twins again. Dust to you this cycle!

Dreamer: Sorry about the driving scare! How old is your LO Hunter?

DCG: Thinking lots of good sticky happy BFP thoughts for you!!!

Hou and LV: Thanks for popping in to visit us!

AFM: CD 2 and taking horse worthy amounts of ibuprofen for the cramps. I was looking back at my last 2 mos of charting/temping and I think I might have a short LP. I think it was only 11 days this cycle and last cycle either 8 or 12 but hard to say since FF never said I ovulated. Not going to do anything about it yet but something I might look into sooner rather than later if it continues. Might try the preseed this month though. DH LOVED that idea :cheeky: and the EOD plan at least until I get my (hopefully) smiley on the CBE opk :D

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

Just a quick post to say yesterday and today I got a smily face :bigsmile: . Wish me luck :naughty:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Hello ladies,

OMG, this thread is moving soooo quickly, which I guess is good, since we have some newbies. However, making up for these last few days I have been gone are going to be a bit of a challenge, but her goes...

Gaby - How is it going on your end? Any confirmed O yet? I hope that if your eggie hasn't come already, that it gets its tushie over here already! PS I just saw you got your smiley face OPK. Yeah for you and go catch that eggie! :naughty:

Dreamer - Yeah for officially going into TTC! We are so very happy to have you among us crazy ladies, hehe. Sorry about your DH being a dork last night. I hate when mine does crap like that. :evil: Anywho, hopefully he has done the proper amount of apologizing, so you can get on with your BD'ing marathon this evening. Good luck!

Modern - Thanks for all the happy thoughts! I am sorry that you didn't get lucky this month, but onwards to the coming month. Third time is charm, right? ;-)

Moxie - I appreciate the well wishes. Sorry about AF coming, but hoepfully this month will be better for you. Big HUG!

Lili - Thanks for stopping in to catch up with us all. I know it can be a lot to keep up with, but we appreciate your comments! Thanks very much for keeping me in your thoughts. I didn't remember that about Brightlight, but I will catch up with her in the preggo thread and get the details. As for your IUI attempts, I am so very sorry that it didn't work out for you. I understand the prohibitive cost thing with IVF, b/c it can really be crazy expensive, but if it's something you guys want to do in the future, maybe you can look into one of the "guarenteed" IVF programs, in that if it doesn't work, they give you your money back. DH and I will cross that bridge when we get there, but if we need to do it, our clinic offers it, and I think we will go for it. But, if its more a philosophical thing, I understand that too. I just hope that this will all be a mute point, and that you will get KU on your "off" time too. Lots of dust for you and a big (((HUG))) too.

NEL - It sounds like you made a valiant effort on the temping side, but I guess your body just didn't want to cooperate. Hopefully the OPK's will be a little more forthcoming. I hope your eggie has already dropped, but if not, I am sure its just around the corner. Good luck with figuring your cycle out in the coming months.

Charbie - That's just awful about your friend. I know there doesn't appear to be any silver lining with that whole situation, but the good news is that she can get pregnant. I know that circe and geri both had issues with keeping pregnant, and I believe the problems were relatively easily remedied with the right diagnosis/treatment. I would also tell her to look into her thyroid level, as hypothyriod can cause LPD/early miscarriages. There can also be some other reasons for it, but she should definitely look into why it's happening.

Steal - Thanks for the crossed fingers. I do love your new Santa's list icon. And you are not causing a fuss hun, you just need to vent and get it all out. Don't apologize for anything ;-) Well, they only comment my doc made was that I have a tipped uterus and that I need a special tool to get at it. She said that really isn't an issue, but I don't know if I agree with that. I mean, if she has such a problem getting to it, how are little itty bitty swimmers supposed to know/get to it. Oh well, hopefully she just circumvented the problem. Not to dwell on it, but as for those Clearblue tests, I :evil: them. The non-digi gave me a false positive before too, so I have never used one since. Also, not to beat the dead horse again, but if your AF still hasn't come full on, I would go to the doc and see what's up.

KTF - I am very sorry that you will be leaving the board for a while, as we all enjoy having you here, but I understand the reasoning. I hope that both you and your DH can get to a better place emotionally, and make it back here an even stronger front. I also hope that your body recovers soon too. Whenever you decide you are ready to come back, we look forward to welcoming you with open arms. Take care my dear and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Miss Jaxon - Congrats on becoming a Mrs. :appl: I am glad to hear you had a nice wedding/honeymoon. So, did you bring back anything, like say a little bean in there? ;-)

Po - Thanks for the happy thoughts. It sounds like you had a fabulous trip to Paris. I know you didn't quite get the Oct BFP you were looking for, but maybe the fortune teller meant you would get KU in Oct. Since you are about to O, it could still happen...PS Sorry about your DH's dad, but hopefully Christmas will bring some renewed hope to us all.

Ryan Claire - So how did the doc go? Did you get to trigger yet? Hopefully you will be joining me in the post-IUI 2WW. Please do, I could use some company, this being my first rodeo and all. Btw, did you use the progesterone supplements starting the day after IUI? Did you notice anything different with it?

Bella - I am so sorry to hear about DH, that sucks! I also hope that he got some kind of nice compensation package, or something to at least hold you over a few months. As for this month, even if you didn't get your timing spot on, maybe you will get a pleasant surprise. When do you expect to get AF? And for the adoption stuff, I can't imagine how much paperwork it is, but hang in there. I know it's quite a long process, but hopefully the end result will make it all worth while. That's great that you are getting into running. I used to hate it, but after starting with an 8K, I have turned into quite the little runner. If you like this run, maybe it will turn into more of a long-term hobby. Good luck with everything you have on your plate right now!

WOIN - Sorry about the delayed O, but hopefully your eggie will make her entrance soon. Good luck!

Pumkin Pie - Welcome to the TTC hood. :wavey: It look like the way this thread is moving, you will have plenty to keep you busy! I am sorry about all the conflicting diagnostics going on, but I second other posters who said to find another RE and get some proper tests done, versus just a "guess". I would also see a doc soon, since you are 50+ days sans AF. There may be something else going on there. Since you have been semi-TTC, you probably have the basics down, but if you need any info, we are here for you. PS As for the life insuarance thing, I don't think fertility would be an issue. Don't quote me, but I think they are more concerned with life-threating illnesses, or other chronic health issues.

LV - Thanks for the additional info, you are so super helpful :D As for the insurance thing, I do intend to fight it. Technically, my insurance does cover IUI (not IVF). But, the thing with my insurance is that they claim "unexplained" infertilty is once you ahve been trying for two years, which is of course ridiculous. Otherwise, their "medically necessary" description is not written anywhere, so it is essentially at their discretion. They have told me what they consider a bad morphology to be, but since that level necessitates IVF, if not IVF with ICSI, I intend to argue it. I have pulled up some good articles from medical journals, etc, and I am going to try to make a proper case. I will let you know how that goes.

AFM - I am hanging in there at 5 DPO/6DPIUI. Question for you girls who did the IUI; did you adjust FF to show O on the IUI day or did you use your normal temp shift for your O day? I am just curious which DPO I should be counting. Otherwise, everything is good with me, although this progesterone non-oral thing is kinda messy. It's like having AF for two weeks. Oh well, I would choose that ANYDAY over AF! I am torn about whether I will test before my B/W appt next week, but I don't know if I can hold it together that long, or if I could deal with the huge disappointment if it weren't BFP. I am more of an ease into it kinda girl, like take it on a little at a time. Anyway, I have a few more days to ponder that... :devil:

I know a lot of you ladies are just getting started with your new cycles, so I wish you all lots luck!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

dcgator said:
AFM - I am hanging in there at 5 DPO/6DPIUI. Question for you girls who did the IUI; did you adjust FF to show O on the IUI day or did you use your normal temp shift for your O day? I am just curious which DPO I should be counting.

I have not done IUI, but since you cannot technically get pregnant until you ovulate I would leave the DPO at the date you actually ovulated, not the day of the IUI. I know you want to be further along in the 2ww but really, it has only been 5 days since the possiblity of conception so you don't want to get carried away! Good luck lady, my fingers are so crossed!

ModernSparkler Hunter is 20 months. He is the cutest little monkey, it is just such a fun age. If I could just birth a 20 month old, and then have the kid never age, I totally would. Well, not sure I would have a natural birth in that case :rodent: but you get the drift.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DCG, I happily gave up on my sad attempts to temp once I started seeing the RE. I believe ovulation occurs 24-36 hours after the trigger. Is that consistent with what you've read/been told? Is that date consistent with your temping results? I did insert the date that was 24 hours after trigger as my ovulation date on FF, which I still used as a calendar/tracking system, even though I wasn't temping. AND, glad to hear you are on top of the insurance appeal process. I am quite surprised by their defintion of infertility!! Go get 'em! Oh, are you in a state that has mandated coverage -- or I guess the question is -- is your insurance plan issued from a state that has mandated coverage? If yes, then I'd be curious what the state insurance law defitinion of infertility is. (This assumes you have a true insured plan. If the plan is self-funded, then the mandate would not apply.) Anyway, I am rambling, but that is something to look into.

PumkinPie, Ditto what others have said re: fertility issues and life insurance. I am sure they are more likely concerned with conditions related to the shortening of one's life.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

:wavey: I'm still here. Thanks so much for all the encouragement!

AF is starting right on time with the PMS migraine and insane emotion swings. I expect her stupid self will show up with all her luggage on Wed or Thursday. I am also getting an evil cold/sinus thing that has been going around my office. All in all, despite having taken last Fri off for my little bro's wedding,I think I am calling in sick tomorrow with an itinerary of sleeping and doing homework for my class which I should do tonight, but I don't think is going to happen.

My head hurts way too much to try to keep up with this thread and I am kind of sick of thinking about temping, charting...I'll leave that for the newbies and the truly gifted :cheeky:

Welcome pumpkin!

DCG-I think tipped uterus could definitely be causing some issues and hope the IUI was the express lane to preggyville!

AFM-

Yep, we're still going ahead with the adoption, so I am continuing to fill-in heaps of paperwork.

DH has decided to go to school full-time in the spring. He got 4 weeks pay, plus his PTO, plus 2 months of medical insurance so I guess that's decent considering he's just a coordinator, but it would have been nicer if it was a little bigger...financially it will be tight but we can swing it. The bigger issue is what DH is going to do with all his time. He'll be busy with projects around the house and applying to school probably for the next two weeks, but Nov, Dec, and maybe Jan are all big unknowns. He may try to volunteer at a hospital or get a part-time job...we'll see. He had a horrible job hunt when he first moved to NYC and he was pretty much unemployed for 2007 and most of 2008. It was a really really bad time for us and although we are trying to remain calm, and know that this is different, this definitely brings back some scary memories and he will go nuts/get depressed if he's just sitting at home for three months.

Other than that, we're doing fine. I feel kind of stressed being the only wage earner and I really do want a less stressful work situation within the next year. So, I am going to keep on looking, but now I really do need to stay pretty close to my current salary level. I'm sure in a few years this will all fade away into some kind of charming memory, plus I told DH I am just paying it forward b/c I have every intention of being a mom and pursuing artistic, entrepreneurial, and social impact projects (with no regard for my income) as soon as he graduates from PA school or med school :bigsmile: ;)) :cheeky:

Anywhoo....we're going to try to get the timing right this month as far as TTC, but I'm guessing since we're still processing the lay-off thing that it might be kind of tough to get in the mood, so we'll see.

I was thrilled we were pursuing adoption before, but now I am also really grateful b/c at least with that process I know each paper I fill out is bringing me closer to my child. I'm kind of feeling like Steal right now in the TTC department!

Hugs to all (and tons of dust)!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Just wanted to say hi to you ladies! I remember Bella, DC, ryanclaire, Steal and I wish you guys the best of luck. I read this thread all the time and I'm rooting for you!

Pumpkin--you are what made me post! I had a cycle of 71 days once. It was wretched. I was also very thin and my doc didn't think I had PCOS. I finally went to an RE who did bloodwork and an ultrasound and he said he needed both to diagnose. My ultrasound of my ovaries showed the classic string of pearls and I can't remember what my LH or FSH were. But I agree with everyone else that you should see another RE. Not testing the basic bloodwork that LV mentioned seems absurd to me. No idea why he didn't do it. When I went to my RE, he gave me provera to induce bc he was afraid I'd have a long cycle. At the very least, you could ask the RE or your OB about getting some. Sometimes it just takes that to kumpstart everything. Anyway, just a thought. Good luck!

And an extra special shout out to DC. Every bone in my body is rooting for you this cycle!!!!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Steal said:
Octavia: You dipped your toes in here a while ago – are you still about? Did you start the prenatals?

Steal, thanks for mentioning me! Dipping my toes, yes, but not much more. I keep finding reasons not to ditch the BC -- first, because I didn't want to risk crazy hormonal changes and whatnot before the bar exam, then because we were going on vacation, then because I started a new job and am worried that the horrible cramps I used to have pre-BC will come back, and also because of the whole job situation...it's only a two-year position, and FMLA mat leave doesn't really kick in here until you've been working a full year, and right at the end of the two years, my hubby has a super-important work engagement overseas that I want to go to, so I couldn't be too preggo or have a bebe too young at that time...yeah, so, definitely not TTC right now. But I'm getting a bit more mentally prepared for it. As of now, the plan is not to start a new NuvaRing after New Years, so it looks like mid-January will (hopefully) be it. Then, TTA for awhile. We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm wishing all you ladies TONS of luck, I really hope you're all gone (in a good way!) by the time I get here for real :bigsmile:

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Lanie said:
Just wanted to say hi to you ladies! I remember Bella, DC, ryanclaire, Steal and I wish you guys the best of luck. I read this thread all the time and I'm rooting for you!

Pumpkin--you are what made me post! I had a cycle of 71 days once. It was wretched. I was also very thin and my doc didn't think I had PCOS. I finally went to an RE who did bloodwork and an ultrasound and he said he needed both to diagnose. My ultrasound of my ovaries showed the classic string of pearls and I can't remember what my LH or FSH were. But I agree with everyone else that you should see another RE. Not testing the basic bloodwork that LV mentioned seems absurd to me. No idea why he didn't do it. When I went to my RE, he gave me provera to induce bc he was afraid I'd have a long cycle. At the very least, you could ask the RE or your OB about getting some. Sometimes it just takes that to kumpstart everything. Anyway, just a thought. Good luck!

And an extra special shout out to DC. Every bone in my body is rooting for you this cycle!!!!!

Lanie - thanks for the encouragement. I actually had an ultrasound (forgot to mention that) before I saw an RE - there were some cysts but nothing out of the ordinary as many nonPCOS women have cysts too. I had to use Provera in Jan/Feb this year to stop an endless cycle (and have done so a few times over the past years) - it's just frustrating that it's still happening now!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Octavia said:
Steal said:
Octavia: You dipped your toes in here a while ago – are you still about? Did you start the prenatals?

Steal, thanks for mentioning me! Dipping my toes, yes, but not much more. I keep finding reasons not to ditch the BC -- first, because I didn't want to risk crazy hormonal changes and whatnot before the bar exam, then because we were going on vacation, then because I started a new job and am worried that the horrible cramps I used to have pre-BC will come back, and also because of the whole job situation...it's only a two-year position, and FMLA mat leave doesn't really kick in here until you've been working a full year, and right at the end of the two years, my hubby has a super-important work engagement overseas that I want to go to, so I couldn't be too preggo or have a bebe too young at that time...yeah, so, definitely not TTC right now. But I'm getting a bit more mentally prepared for it. As of now, the plan is not to start a new NuvaRing after New Years, so it looks like mid-January will (hopefully) be it. Then, TTA for awhile. We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm wishing all you ladies TONS of luck, I really hope you're all gone (in a good way!) by the time I get here for real :bigsmile:

Sounds like you two have a wonderfully busy and exciting few years coming up. TTC and life timing is so difficult to match sometimes!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Bella - I've been rooting for you for some time now. You and you husband are just so cute - I remember your wedding photos well! You seem to have such a positive attitude - it's really fabulous to see. I will be rooting both for a BFP and the adoption proceess!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock

Hello Ladies!

Things have been so hectic for me lately and this thread is hopping, I have to apologize I cannot completely keep up for the time being. My husband (so fun to say ;)) ) has caught a terrible stomach virus and we are just surviving hour by hour at this point. No fun!! :nono: :knockout:

Anyway just wanted to say:

KTF I am wishing you all the best. It is great that you know what is best for your body and I hope you recover well from your surgery and hope to see you around these parts again in the future!

Steal So sorry girly, I hope you are hanging in there. Here is to a fresh cycle - I hope this is it for you!

Bella I am *SO* sorry to hear about your DH being laid off. I wish you all the best and hope that things get easier for you. All the best with the adoption process as well. You are a strong lady and I am sending you OODLES of *DUST* .

Hello and best wishes to the rest of you as well. I will find time to catch up with you all once things settle down around here, but please know you are all in my thoughts and I am wishing great things for each of you! :))

AFM: Thank you to everyone who Congratulated me on becoming a Mrs.! You are all too sweet. RIght now I am 13DPO with some light spotting so I am not sure if AF gearing up or not. I never have any symptoms until the cramps hit me on CD1(after full on AF starts) so not sure what it going on. My temp is slightly elevated but as I mentioned my husband is sick and I am not sure if I had a bit of it or not.
Well I better get running, I will check in on you all soon!

*DUST DUST DUST* to you ALL!!

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock

CD1 is now officially margarita madness day in our house. I highly recommend it.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

Well yesterday was not a good day, my DH had to work very late at night, when he got home close to 10pm found out our fish were sick so he had to make a quarantine tank finishing the set up around midnight. So no time for BD, today my temperature raise and Fertility chart only gave a good score, I'm sad I miss O day.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock

Pulling for each and every one of you!

Just had to bust in and share b/c of Modern Sparkler's comment about horse amounts of ibuprofen. I'm sure you know, but ibu can really interfere with implantation and most REs will tell you from the outset to switch to Tylenol in order to not mess with ovulation at all. I had heard that it was OK to take up till ovulation, but my RE asked me if I would be smoking crack right up till ovulation and then stopping. She had me there (and yes, she has an odd sense of humor) so I dealt with my chronic injury with tylenol instead. Just think of it as a warm-up for the non-relief that Tylenol gives you during pregnancy!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sorry Gaby, that sucks. How do you know when a fish is sick?? :shock:

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

We have a blue regal tang, and a couple weeks ago we introduce a onyx clown to the tank. Fishes can bring parasites or virus from their past owners, so we believe this new fish came with a this parasite call marine ich. Clowns are very resistant to this, but blue regal tangs are ich magnets, they are call the "crowned king of Ich." :o .

During the weekend we saw a few white spots in the fish body, we adjust water and salt and change a huge amount of water, she seems to be getting better, but yesterday when I got home after work she had around 20 spots around her body ;( . I called my DH and he said he will bring a new tang because the fish need to be in quarantine to apply the medicine. You cannot put the medicine in the main tank because it kills the corals.

So now both fishes are in the quarantine tank and hopefully they will recover soon. They are eating normally so we got them in the beginning of the sickness.

This is a picture of how it looks when it's advance, our fish had only like 20 spots so was not as bad as the picture.

blue-tang-marine-ich.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

How interesting Gaby! I would love to see photos of your fish. I was imaginig the fish had a runny nose or something ;))

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

Hi ladies!!! I'm excited to say I'm joining the thrones of this thread!!!
DH and I are not actively TTC; I stopped my pills at the beginning of the month, so we're waiting for things to get 'normal'. We're not charting or anything yet, and are kind of on a "what happens, happens" mode. If things aren't hopping by spring, then I'll start to chart.

I did miss my first week of pills at the beginning of this month (I stopped them all together just in case), and decided not to go back on them. I am having some weird symptoms (most strangely a breif, sharp, stabbing pain in my v that lasts for about 2 seconds than goes away) along with fatigue, peeing a lot, and headaches. I'm probably just playing myself, but who knows?? I also started prenatals just in case my cycle regulates quickly. Dr's office said to test at the end of next week as that would be the week I'd 'miss' AF. I don't know much about anything TTC related, so forgive me if I don't say much while learning the ropes :praise:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results