carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Here are my babys for now. I hope soon get the real one :bigsmile:

The Blue tank and orange clown are name like dory and nemo. The onyx clown is dexter :D

Attachments

• doryydexter.bmp
    569.6 KB · Views: 169

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Gahhhhh! I love your fishies! Get better soon fishies!

*sitting at my desk going "just keep swimming...just keep swimming...*

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Missjaxon said:
AFM: Thank you to everyone who Congratulated me on becoming a Mrs.! You are all too sweet.RIght now I am 13DPO with some light spotting so I am not sure if AF gearing up or not. I never have any symptoms until the cramps hit me on CD1(after full on AF starts) so not sure what it going on. My temp is slightly elevated but as I mentioned my husband is sick and I am not sure if I had a bit of it or not.
Well I better get running, I will check in on you all soon!

*DUST DUST DUST* to you ALL!!

Did the blue language make anyone else go "Hmmmmm?" Just had to say that! Are you planning to test?

Oh, and Congrats on becoming a Mrs!!

Special Fish Recovery Dust to Gaby's cute fish!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Pie: The insurance guys and gals are clever and pre-existing usually means that it existed in the body before the covered insured period – so you won’t gain anything by not going to the Dr. before your insurance starts. If something is there they will wriggle out of cover anyway.

Dreamer: Um. Who said you had to like him to sleep with him? :saint:
I am glad your cycle is looking more normal, are you thinking you might give baby making a go today/tomorrow or would you like a little more time? It is crap that you felt sick too – I hope you are on the mend.

Gaby: Crap. :blackeye: Did you get busy today instead? BTW, I love your fish, they are amazingly beautiful.

Dcgator: Not much else to say is there, apart from:

dust.gif
IUIjerkstoredustdustdustdustdustdustdustdust

ModernS: Defo get the pre-seed – it is fun, a nice thin lube and not at all sticky. 20 sticks for 27quid – that was a great deal!

Bella: Sorry about crappy AF and all her crampy crappy crap. :angryfire: I hope you can take tomorrow off, I’m sure you need it.

Laine: Hi there Mamma! You look so beautiful and I love the name you chose :love: .

Octavia: Of course I remembered you! Wow you are a busy little bee! New Year is juuust around the corner. I can’t wait to see you over here.

MissJ: Oh I will die of jealousy if you brought back a little baby-moon baby! OMG!

Princess: Welcome honey. Hang around and you will get to know what we are up to for when the BD’ing really starts for you.

AFM: ModernS, Bella & Moxie I am throwing a little pity party if you want to join me. ;( This whole TTC thing sucks and blows……
1144968sqp3kc2pis.gif

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock

Bella - when it rains it pours... sooo sorry to hear about your hubby. Losing out on that income, even for a few months, must be stressful and I am sorry you are dealing with it on top of your demanding job, ttc stuff, and adoption paperwork. Hope your DH finds something meaningful to do in the meantime. Big hugs!!

Lanie - it's always nice to see you around here. I still remember when you got your BFP :) I am sure it seems like forever ago to you.
I started posting on this thread in Nov or Dec of 2009 and it's been crazy to watch women graduate and their bellies grow. Even crazier that some of the women are now mommies and their babies are here. Some days scanning the preggo thread it makes me sad for me (but happy for them and YOU) and other days it is just a reminder of what it is to come... I hope I'll be over there soon enough. By the way, your belly pic on is awesome... and I am so jealous that your kiddo will be bilingual. Thanks for the thoughts...

pumpkin and princess - welcome! Hope your stays are short.

Missjaxson - congrats on your marriage. 13DPO - an no testing yet... good for you. Really hope this is it for you. Fingers crossed that AF stays away.

DC - I would put O day as the day of your IUI... if you triggered about 36 hours before it should be about then... give or take day. Definitely not a science :) Lots of dust being funneled your way. Are you still on the fence about testing? I did the last two IUIs cause I could not stand the idea of waiting all day for the beta and getting a disappointing call at work. I started testing 11dpo so I some time to adjust to the stark white strip. Hope that is NOT the case for you.

Modern - sorry about AF! Hope you are feeling better...

Lili - so sorry IUI#3 didn't work. Thanks for your thoughts. I understand where you are coming from and I think we all figure out what our stopping point will be as we go. If I already had one child, it might be different too. Well I really hope you find peace with whatever decision you make and how many children you have.

Po - sorry AF came early and rained on your Paris parade. It's hard when this journey becomes less exciting and hopeful and more disappointing. Really hoping that you have some good news soon.

Parrot - soooo sorry your IUI didn't work either... Boo... Big hugs. Hope you are able to enjoy your break. Look forward to seeing you back when you are ready.

Dreamer - I would have withheld the good from DH too if he pulled that sh*t - but glad you've made up and are back on track. Sounds like you've still got a good window. GL!

Moxie - I agree all CD1s should be mandated margarita nights!

Hi and dust to all the other ladies I've missed!

So I am finnnnnnnnnnnnnnnally IUI bound. I triggered last night and will have the IUI tomorrow. My e2 levels were about 1100 and I had follicles at 19, 17, and 16 (plus some 14, 13, and 12s). Hopefully with have at least two eggies for targets and this will be it. I feel good about the numbers and I am excited to get into the 2ww. Although we have been trying for over 9 months, it will only be my third 2ww!!! Thanks for the all the good thoughts and dust ladies - every little bit helps.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Steal ha! Honestly, I knew I was not in the fertile window yet by the CF so I sort of thought why bother I guess? We have "hit" CD 8, 9, 10, and 12, and today on CD 13 I have fertile CF, so I expect to O on CD 15 this month. We will GOTF until O is confirmed. I think we have the bases covered ;)) .

RyanClaire Yippee! Good luck over the next few days and ENJOY the 2ww!!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

swimmer said:
Pulling for each and every one of you!

Just had to bust in and share b/c of Modern Sparkler's comment about horse amounts of ibuprofen. I'm sure you know, but ibu can really interfere with implantation and most REs will tell you from the outset to switch to Tylenol in order to not mess with ovulation at all. I had heard that it was OK to take up till ovulation, but my RE asked me if I would be smoking crack right up till ovulation and then stopping. She had me there (and yes, she has an odd sense of humor) so I dealt with my chronic injury with tylenol instead. Just think of it as a warm-up for the non-relief that Tylenol gives you during pregnancy!

Thanks for the info Swimmer - I hadn't heard of this before

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Welcome princessplease. I just got here a couple of days ago too. Good luck to you and your DH!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Good luck RyanClaire!! :)

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

PumpkinPie said:
swimmer said:
Pulling for each and every one of you!

Just had to bust in and share b/c of Modern Sparkler's comment about horse amounts of ibuprofen. I'm sure you know, but ibu can really interfere with implantation and most REs will tell you from the outset to switch to Tylenol in order to not mess with ovulation at all. I had heard that it was OK to take up till ovulation, but my RE asked me if I would be smoking crack right up till ovulation and then stopping. She had me there (and yes, she has an odd sense of humor) so I dealt with my chronic injury with tylenol instead. Just think of it as a warm-up for the non-relief that Tylenol gives you during pregnancy!

Thanks for the info Swimmer - I hadn't heard of this before

Thanks Swimmer. I usually HATE medicines and only take them when AF is being really bad which was the case :angryfire: I plan to be med free now that AF is winding down. That is funny about the RE joke about the crack... what a sense of humor!

Gaby: Sorry about the fish. Hope they get better soon.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

YAY Ryan-Hope that the IUI goes smoothly and that this is the ONE:)

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

GOOOD LUCK TODAY BELLA!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

ryanclaire - Thinking of you!!

DC - Same dust as Steal sent!!!!

All you other ladies, I'm rooting for you so much it's ridiculous!

Nothing to say from me, other than my cycle is like clockwork right now. Yippee :rolleyes: :snore: :snore: :snore:

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

nothing new to report from me - just hanging out on cycle day 52 with no AF in sight. I see my dr. tomorrow so fingers crossed she'll have something useful to say. It's actually a different dr. than usual (a women's health practice with a few physicians) so maybe she'll have new insight??? :confused:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Happy Thursday ladies,

It's almost Friday, yeah! I don't know about you, but my week has been so busy that I feel like this week has flown by. I guess that it's good that I will be insanely busy these next couple weeks at work, since my DH will be out of town for the next two weeks, but I just hate feeling like there is always more to do, and there are not enough hours in the day. :roll: Anywho, I figured I would catch up with you all before I get to far behind.

Dreamer - I was asking about the DPIUI vs DPO b/c FF tells me to go by what my doc says, not necessarily what my temp says, since the high doses of Progesterone can screw with my temps. Although, it would be nice to be a day further in my 2WW. ;-) Right now, I am just going to stick with DPO based on FF since I would rather be safe than sorry. As for your BD;ing schedule, I think you guys will have no troubles getting that High on FF. Happy trails!

LV - Thanks for the advice on the DPIUI. I am pretty sure they said you O w/in 36-48 hours of the trigger, which would push by current O date back, based on FF. But, I think I will just keep it like it is. Unfortunately, I am not in a mandated coverage state. The one right next to me is, but not mine :evil: . Oh well, I am going to try to fight it anyway.

Bella - Sorry about wicked AF, what a PITA! :mad: I am also sorry about the cold, that is no good. But, it could be much worse than sinuses. My coworker and my mom (who live in different regions of the country) both got the VERY nasty stomach bug that is going around, so be thankful it's just a nasal issue... As for going forward with the adoption, that is great! :appl: I hope that you are able to get everything done soon so that you are that much closer to a LO. As for DH, I am not sure what field he is in, but could he find a consultant/contract type gig in the meantime, or even work as a temp. I know it's not all that glamorous, but its a paycheck and work, and people are definitely using temps in place of full time people right now, so the need is there. Either way, I hope you are able to find a different/less stressful job. Good luck with the hunt!

Lanie - Aww, thanks for the happy thoughts. We will find out in less than a week. Fingers crossed!

Octavia - Glad to see you back. I understand the waiting till things settle down, but January will be here before you know it. Good luck!

MIss Jaxon - Ick on the stomach bug. It is going around the entire country, so be careful! Any news on AF, or are you still in the game?

Gaby - I am sorry that you fish got sick, but I am glad to hear they are feeling better. They are very pretty fishies and I love thier names :bigsmile: Sorry you didn't catch the days you wanted to, but as it has been said many times before, it only takes one...My fingers are still crossed for you lady and welcome to the 2WW!

Swimmer - That is kinda funny about how your doc put it. However, I agree with him. I have done a bit of research and it really points to NSAID's and other types of pain relievers being detrimental to TTC and pregnancy. I am a Tylenol-only girl too, the whole month long now.

Princess - Welcome to the TTC hood :wavey: We have had a couple other new people join in the last few weeks, so I think you will find some good company here. And of course, all us veterans are here to help out as well. No need to apologize for asking questions, we are happy to provide assistance. As for the symptoms, it is hard to tell, but hopefully they are right! Good call on the prenatals, they can't hurt. And as far as testing goes, there are definitely two camps on here, us crazy ones who start testing early (9 or 10 days past ovulation) and others who will wait until AF is late. Feel free to join whichever group you feel more comfortable with. Either way, I hope that your stay is short and sweet!

Charbie - LOL, I totally break that song out at random times, like when I was in the Natural History museum a couple weeks ago, looking at all the deep water fish. :rodent:

Steal - How pretty, thanks for all the magic dust :D . I hope it does the trick. I :love: all your party goers. Misery does indeed love company, but hopefully Moxie's margaritas will cure all your woes :naughty:

Ryan - YEAH for triggering and your IUI today :appl: I hope that it all went well and was quick and painless. That's great about the three+ possible eggies and WOW on the E2 level. I really think that this will be it for you my dear, LOADS OF DUST :D As for the testing thing, I think we may be exactly alike. I don't think I could handle all that dissapointment at once, after building it up so long. If it didn't work, I need to talk myself down, so to speak. So, yeah, I will likely start testing in the next couple days. Fingers crossed.

Dragonfly - Its been a little while, but nice to see you! Thanks for the well wishes. Btw, I was in G'ville this weekend for HC. I had a lovely time and even hit Dragonfly (my FAVORTIE). As far as the actual game though, one word, boo. I think we are done for this season. Such a shame. I think what we need to do now is find a new QB.

Pumpkin Pie - Sorry about the interminable AF. I really hope that you doc can shine some more light on the situation tomorrow. Good luck!

AFM, I am hanging in there at 7DPO (according to FF) and am just keeping distracted with work and such. My DH just left for work for a couple weeks, but he will come back this weekend and then I will go to him next weekend, so I am happy that I don't have to go too long without seeing him. :)) I will keep you ladies tuned if anything exciting happens, but I don't think I will be testing for another few days (famous last words).

I hope everyone's weekend comes quickly and that AF leaves so many of your houses soon! To Gaby and Miss Jaxon, hang in that 2WW ladies! And for you ladies about to begin your BD'ing marathons, enjoy!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

Thank you for your welcomes, pumpkinpie, dcgator, RyanClaire and Steal.
Do y'all have a good website for the acronyms? I know a few of them, but I definitely need some assistance!
Swimmer- Thanks for the info on ibu; I take that stuff like it's candy!!
GL to all who are expecting no visits from AF, and to all those who are doing a lot of BD this weekend :naughty:

Steel

Ideal_Rock

princessplease said:
Thank you for your welcomes, pumpkinpie, dcgator, RyanClaire and Steal.
Do y'all have a good website for the acronyms? I know a few of them, but I definitely need some assistance!
Swimmer- Thanks for the info on ibu; I take that stuff like it's candy!!
GL to all who are expecting no visits from AF, and to all those who are doing a lot of BD this weekend :naughty:

With new members I think it is about time we posted these again, don't worry Princess, you will not be the only one that gets confused on the lingo ;)) . Now I have **ahem** stolen this list because I couldn't be bothered finding our old one, but we use most of them here too:

2WW (aka. TWW) - Two Week Wait - Luteal Phase - 14 days after ovulation
AF - Aunt Flo, menstruation, period
AI - Artificial Insemination
BBT - Basal Body Temperature
BD - Baby Dance, Sex
BFN - Big Fat Negative (Pregnancy Tests)
BFP - Big Fat Positive (Pregnancy Test)
BTW - By the way
BC - Birth Control
BCP - Birth Control Pills
BIL - Brother inlaw CD - Cycle Day
CM- Cervical Mucus, also
CF Cervical Fluid
CP - Cervical Position
CP - Cervical Position
DD - Dear Daughter
DH- Dear Husband
DPO - Days Past Ovulation
DB - Dear Boyfriend
DS - Dear Son
DTD - Doing The Dance, BD, sex
D&C - Dilate and Curettage
EDD - Estimated Due Date
EWCM - Egg-White Cervical Mucus
ETA - Edited to add
EVAP - Evaporation
FIL - Father in law
FMU - First morning urine
FRER - First Response Early Result (Pregnancy Test)
GP - General Practitioner
Gyno - Gynocologist
HCG - Human Chorionic Gonadotropin - detected in HPTs
HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
ICSI Microfertilization
IUI - Intrauterine Insemination
IVF - In Vitro Fertilization
LH - Luteinizing Hormone - detected in OPKs
LOL - Laughing Out Loud
LP - Luteal Phase, days between ov & AF
LMAO - Laughing my ass off
LAP - Laparoscopy
LO - Little One
MC, m/c - Miscarriage
MMC - Missed miscarriage
MIL - Mother in law
M/S, MS - Morning Sickness
NTNP - Not trying, not preventing
O or OV - Ovulation
OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit
OB/GYN - Obstetrician/Gynecologist
OMG - Oh My God
OP - Original poster
PG - Pregnancy, pregnant
PNV - Prenatal Vitamin
PCO - Polycystic Ovaries
PCOD - Polycystic Ovary Disease
PCOS - Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
PMA - Positive mental attitude
PMS - Pre-menstrual Syndrome
POAS - Pee on a stick (Home Pregnancy Test)
PND - Post Natal Depression
RE - Reproductive Endocronolgist - doctor who specializes in fertility problems
R-FSH - Recombinant Human Follicle Stimulating Hormone
ROFL - Rolling on the Floor Laughing
SOD - Sex on Demand
SA - Semen Analysis
SAHM - Stay at Home Mom
SAHD - Stay-At-Home Dad
SIL - Sister in law
SMEP - Sperm meets egg plan
TCOYF - *“Taking Charge of Your Fertility*” by Toni Weschler
TR - Tubal Reversal
TTC - Trying To Conceive
TMI - Too Much Information
TR - Tubal Reversal
TIA - Thanks in Advance
TWW - Two week wait
U/S - Ultrasound
UTI - Urinary Tract Infection
WAH - Work at Home
WAHM - Work at Home Mum
WAHD - Work at Home Dad
WAHP - Work at Home Parents
YI Yeast Infection

Steel

Ideal_Rock

RC: I am feeling so positive for this IUI cycle. You did so well maturing your eggies I think this is it. I hope at this very moment your DH’s swimmers have their sights on a big fat egg (or eggs !) and will do their thing. The very best of special IUI dust to you.
Can I ask a question: How do you feel about the IUI process as a medical procedure?

Dreamer: Well done on all the schexy time, keep it up! May I ask have you guys given any thought to gender preference, if so did you give a second of thought to the ‘fool proof’ (ha) gender preference techniques?
I'm sure you will die of excitement but we got the 1st coat of the French vanilla in the reception room. If I say so myself, it looks pretty cute. I will update the other thread tomorrow once the second coat goes on. Try not to sit on tenterhooks.

DF: Happy to see you again, I am sorry about recent events and hope you are doing o.k. At least AF is predictable. :knockout: And yes, I must pick your brains on the piggy wiggies at some point. Perhaps next year sometime?

Gaby: How are the fish doing today? How is the BD'ing going? Happy egg hunting.

Pumpkin: I am sorry about the extended cycle and hope you get some answers tomorrow. I wonder did you miss my previous posts – you didn’t reply and I would be beating my own record to pi$$ somebody off in less that 2 posts. I’m nice really, I promise! :))

Dcgator: You know I’m thinking the best for you. It must be hard to pack off your DH under the circumstances; will he be back on Saturday? I hope you have a nice weekend, before he is off again. And I hope on hopes he comes back to a beautiful BFP stick next weekend.
May I ask the same question: How do you feel about the IUI process as a medical procedure?

Monnie: If you are lurking – a big fat hiya for you. Hope the patient enjoyed his jello!

Hello :wavey: to all the lurkers!

AFM:

How are my AF ladies doing? I'm CD4, so tomorrow is the last day of the SI.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Steal said:
Dreamer: Well done on all the schexy time, keep it up! May I ask have you guys given any thought to gender preference, if so did you give a second of thought to the ‘fool proof’ (ha) gender preference techniques?
I'm sure you will die of excitement but we got the 1st coat of the French vanilla in the reception room. If I say so myself, it looks pretty cute. I will update the other thread tomorrow once the second coat goes on. Try not to sit on tenterhooks.

We have a strong preference for a girl actually, so much that I worry I will be disappointed if it ends up a boy :blackeye: I am so lame. First time around I wanted a boy and we could only ever decide on a boy name and we left it a surprise and it was indeed a boy! Good thing because no girl names picked. This time we want a girl and we have a girl name we like a lot (though I am not sure I am 100% yet on it...) and cannot even begin to think of a boy name! But whatever will be will be. I am pretty sure it will be another boy since I think DH "throws" boys.

What are the wives tails abot gender swaying anyways? I keep wondering.

Can't wait to see pics of your new painted rooms!! BLECK home renos are so frickin' time consuming. We did not build but bought a house built in 1988 that had *never* been updated in all those years. The location and layout are awesome for the home, but as you saw from the "before" kitchen photo I posted, the decor is aweful. Every surface, cabinet, sink, shower, floor covering needs to be replaced. Man it costs a lot and is so much work. This week we bought the second to last window coverings (for the family room) and now all that is left is the kitchen windows. Then painting the living/dining area, flooring the kitchen, doing the trim.... the list is endless truly.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D said:
What are the wives tails abot gender swaying anyways? I keep wondering.

I'm sure you know already but now that you ask.... :naughty:

The Shettles Method
Shettles theorized that the two different types of sperm, X-chromosome-bearing sperm and Y-chromosome-bearing sperm, had different properties.
Y-Bearing Sperm(Male-Producing)
Smaller, round-headed, Faster, More fragile, shorter-lived.
X-Bearing Sperm(Female-Producing)
Larger, oval-headed, Slower, More resilient, longer-lived.
Shettles hoped that these properties could be used to choose a baby's sex.
Under ideal conditions, the Y-sperm's faster speed should prevail, winning the race to the egg and conceiving a boy.
Under less than ideal conditions, fewer of the fragile Y-sperm will survive. The X-sperm's resiliance and staying power should win the day, conceiving a girl.

So for a GIRL:
Have intercourse 2 to 4 days before ovulation
With shallow penetration using the missionary position. (Booo)
Use the face-to-face position, with the man on top.
Shallow penetration will cause the sperm to be deposited further from the cervix (the entrance to the uterus). The sperm then must traverse more of the vagina, where the where the X-sperm's staying power should win out.
The woman should try not to have an orgasm during intercourse. (DoubleBOOOO)
Female orgasm causes the cervical fluid to become even more plentiful and alkaline, and thus more hospitable to the sperm, which would favor the faster swimming Y-sperm.
Vaginal environment: Try to make the vagina as acidic as possible.
Douching: Dr. Shettles originally recommended enhancing the vagina's alkalinity with a vinegar douche, but in his book's latest edition, he recommends douching only under the advice of a doctor. Please consult your doctor before using a douche.
If you do decide to douche, most drugstores sell inexpensive, premade disposable vinegar douches. Use the douche about 15 minutes before intercourse.

The O+12 Method to Conceive a Girl
O+12 is a method for conceiving a girl. The method advises intercourse about 12 hours after ovulation to conceive a girl. O+12 is contrary to the Shettles method, which predicts a boy will be conceived on the day ovulation.

The father must not ejaculate for at least 7 days before intercourse (and preferably longer). (Boooooo, for him!)
The reason for this is that since female sperm supposedly live longer, an "old" batch of sperm should have more female than male sperm (about 2% more, according to some data).
Have intercourse once only, 8 to 20 hours after ovulation.
Do NOT have intercourse again until you are sure you are no longer fertile. (Boooooo)
Use a condom or wait until you are sure you are no longer fertile before having intercourse again, because that "fresh" batch of sperm will be more likely to have more male sperm. (More boo)
You are past your fertile stage when you have had THREE high temperatures on your BBT chart.

Optional guidelines.
Douching before intercourse with a lemon douche (mix the fresh-squeezed juice of 1/2 lemon with an equal part of water, and insert with the empty bottle from a regular store-bought douche).

The above is almost completely plagiarised form in(hyphen)gender dot com. I added the boo's just for kicks.

Edit: But here is the good stuff:
You're more likely to conceive a girl if...

• you suggested the love-making

• you make love in the afternoon

• you make love on even days of the month

• you put a wooden spoon under your bed and a pink ribbon under your pillow

DD: I think a boy then girl would be amazing. I would love for you to have a girly this time! :love: Either way your next baby will be very lucky to have Hunter as a big bro and you two. For me, at this stage I would be happy with an octopus.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

Thank you so much Steal!!!
Now that I know what IUI is, much dust to you RC!!!!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Steal Thank you for the laugh!!

I think that Shettles was a misogynist and did not want anyone to conceive girls and if they did, it must be a very unpleasant experience -- missionary with shallow penetration and no orgasm sounds like a real chore to me! :devil: And if THAT is how to get a girl, then I am not surprised we have a boy and bet for one this time too. :lol:

Seems to me as well that trying to gender sway for a girl will just prolong the TTC period. If you only aim for intercourse either 4 days before or 12 hours after, then you are missing the 3 days prior to ovulation -- hitting those days dramatically increases the odds of conception, which if I recall right, look a little like 0-4 = 10%, 0-3 15%, 0-2 20% 0-1 40%... these are not pregnancy rates but conception rates and about 50% of conceptions do not implant and/or make it past the first 24 hours of implantation. And your odds increase a lot too if you can hit more than one of these targeet days. The more the better! So trying to gender sway is OUT for me. I am too impatient. And I ain't no missionary 8) .

And Steal, you will get your baby octopus. I am completely confident. I know it does not sound helpful, but it really takes time for many many women even when the stars are totally aligned -- 6mo *one average* for the under 30 set. Longer when you are an old crone as you know. It will happen, I know it.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock

Wow, this thread is moving!

I took a mini-break as I tend to obsess during the TWW but looks like I got quite a bit of reading to do now.

I'm STILL in the TWW :angryfire: at 15 dpo. My temps haven't dropped below the coverline yet and my usual LP is 13 so I'm officially late, unless FF got my O-date wrong. I ended up running to the pharmacy at lunch to get a test and, of course, got a BFN. :roll: And since I work with mostly men today (I rotate departments), I didn't want to leave my BFN in the unisex washroom, so I've been carrying around a pee-stick in my purse all afternoon, sneaking glances at it in case it decided to change it's mind and turn into a BFP. :knockout:

Off to do some reading and catch up!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

CDN if you post your chart maybe we can help decide if FF was wrong or not?

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Dreamer!

Do you find it odd FF gave me such a low coverline or does that not even matter?

CDNsSept18Chart.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

CDNinNYC said:
Thanks Dreamer!

Do you find it odd FF gave me such a low coverline or does that not even matter?

The actual coverline does not matter, but I think FF is being fooled by that really low temp on CD 18. If we exclude that, then I think it makes more sense to put the coverline around 97.1 and put ovulation on CD 20, which matches your CF as well. Pre-O and post-O temp ranges tend to be constant within a women fom cycle to cycle, so if the coverline is usually closer to 97 deg in past months then it supports my theory for you this month!

Try discarding the CD 18 temp and see if it moves your cross hairs. But I think mentally assuming O day was on CD 20 and today is 14 DPO makes more sense. If your temp does not drop tomorrow and AF does not come, then perhaps you could know something 8)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Steal said:
Pumpkin: I am sorry about the extended cycle and hope you get some answers tomorrow. I wonder did you miss my previous posts – you didn’t reply and I would be beating my own record to pi$$ somebody off in less that 2 posts. I’m nice really, I promise! :))

Hi Steal - I'm sorry - I had no intent not to respond to your posts. I thought I had addressed everything! You won't upst me - I find you quite refreshing and fun :bigsmile:

now I'm off to see what I missed

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Oh yes - Steal - about the insurance. I was glad for your insight - I decided to tell my insurance about it :)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

So there may be some signs of AF this evening - apparently all I needed to do to end this now 52 day cycle was to make a dr. appointment. Good to know! :angryfire: At least now it's over and we can move on :appl:

I will update you all with what the dr. says tomorrow.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D said:
The actual coverline does not matter, but I think FF is being fooled by that really low temp on CD 18. If we exclude that, then I think it makes more sense to put the coverline around 97.1 and put ovulation on CD 20, which matches your CF as well. Pre-O and post-O temp ranges tend to be constant within a women fom cycle to cycle, so if the coverline is usually closer to 97 deg in past months then it supports my theory for you this month!

Try discarding the CD 18 temp and see if it moves your cross hairs. But I think mentally assuming O day was on CD 20 and today is 14 DPO makes more sense. If your temp does not drop tomorrow and AF does not come, then perhaps you could know something 8)

You're absolutely right that, for the most part, my CLs have been in the 97 deg mark.

I did as you suggested and discarded the CD18 temp. FF didn't change my O-day but moved the CL to 96.8 instead of the 96.66 it's currently at. It makes sense as you said that I might currently at DPO14. We shall see what tomorrow brings. At this point, I just want AF to show up so I can move on to the next cycle. This waiting around when you know you're out is frustrating.

Thanks again for your help and I hope your lead up to O is going well!

:wavey: to everyone else! Hope you're all doing well!

strungout.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results