shape
carat
color
clarity

Announcement The next PriceScope GTG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fly in slightly earlier - 3:25 Southwest into Hobby. Not sure I'd wait until 6 but would share an Uber with others if earlier!

So looks like ac117 and me get there the earliest - 3:25 and 3:55. Bright Ice and Yenny get in later. Is there anyone else that might be looking for a ride from the Hobby airport on Thursday afternoon/evening? I do like Bright Ice's idea for a sign with PS GTG. Otherwise, we won't be able to identify each other!!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So looks like ac117 and me get there the earliest - 3:25 and 3:55. Bright Ice and Yenny get in later. Is there anyone else that might be looking for a ride from the Hobby airport on Thursday afternoon/evening? I do like Bright Ice's idea for a sign with PS GTG. Otherwise, we won't be able to identify each other!!

Maybe make it a game and find each other just by looking at people's bling! Lol, that would be fun!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get to Hobby at 2:15. That's a little earlier than you, but I can always go make a new friend at the bar while I wait! :cheeky:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As for identifying each other, I'm happy to wear my Axe Murderer T-Shirt (those of you around at the time of my meeting with Ellen will know what I mean, ha ha).

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies! So excited to meet you all next week! I will be in super early (around 10am @ Hobby) so I will see you all at the event unless someone is arriving in the am.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies! So excited to meet you all next week! I will be in super early (around 10am @ Hobby) so I will see you all at the event unless someone is arriving in the am.

SimoneDi, are you arriving on Saturday? I look forward to meeting you as well!!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just got off the phone with Jason Quick and Brock Wilke at AGSL. They have an exciting program lined up for Friday. There will be two sessions, 10am and 2pm. They will cover different topics so you could come for one or the other, or both. I will have more details on the topics tomorrow, but one of them will be 'unexpected', as in, you won't want to miss it!

I can also tell you that Jason and Brock are super excited about the event, and looking forward to meeting everyone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous! I will plan to attend both sessions - I am sure their presentations will be fascinating!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just got off the phone with Jason Quick and Brock Wilke at AGSL. They have an exciting program lined up for Friday. There will be two sessions, 10am and 2pm. They will cover different topics so you could come for one or the other, or both. I will have more details on the topics tomorrow, but one of them will be 'unexpected', as in, you won't want to miss it!

I can also tell you that Jason and Brock are super excited about the event, and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ahhh I can’t wait! I’ll definitely come to both sessions! :dance:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super fascinating! Planning on attending both sessions as well:appl:

@MissGotRocks I actually arrive on Thursday,l in order to be able to attend the Friday sessions :)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll also be attending both sessions, so excited :appl:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The AGS sessions are taking shape. Friday 10am and 2 pm.
The morning session will cover an overview of the AGS light performance cut grading system. The presentation will include a retrospective of the development of the science including interesting anectdotes from an insider's perspective. Jason Quick, an MIT mathematician, was on the small development team that included Peter Yanzer (former director of AGSL) and Dr. Jose Sasian from the University of Arizona. Dr. Sasian's expertise is in building the biggest land based telescopes so he definitely knows a thing or two about optics!

There will be ample time allotted for Q&A in both sessions, so it will be a great opportunity to ask any questions you may have. The headcount looks like we will all be able to fit in the Whiteflash conference room, so it will be an intimate venue.

The afternoon session will cover a brand new and exciting initiative by AGSL. Does anyone know what that might be? I can tell you that it will be very interesting to many in the pricescope community and across the diamond industry. You will want to be there to hear this breaking news as this initiative is being born. :geek2:

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The morning session will cover an overview of the AGS light performance cut grading system. The presentation will include a retrospective of the development of the science including interesting anectdotes from an insider's perspective. Jason Quick, an MIT mathematician, was on the small development team that included Peter Yanzer (former director of AGSL) and Dr. Jose Sasian from the University of Arizona. Dr. Sasian's expertise is in building the biggest land based telescopes so he definitely knows a thing or two about optics!

There will be ample time allotted for Q&A in both sessions, so it will be a great opportunity to ask any questions you may have. The headcount looks like we will all be able to fit in the Whiteflash conference room, so it will be an intimate venue.

The afternoon session will cover a brand new and exciting initiative by AGSL. Does anyone know what that might be? I can tell you that it will be very interesting to many in the pricescope community and across the diamond industry. You will want to be there to hear this breaking news as this initiative is being born. :geek2:

Intriguing and exciting - thanks for the update! Definitely looking forward to it!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Can’t wait to hear about this new initiative! Looking forward to both sessions!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No guesses as to what the topic of the afternoon session is?

Do you need hints?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Then give a hint as to what it is you own. Be cagey :twisted2:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image_522.jpg image_519.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And Hemingway cat/polydactyl mutations
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Bright Ice, if it works for you I am going to wait for you and Yenny and anyone else that wants to share a ride. Too bad we can't share numbers or email; DS probably has my contact info though. I guess I can wait at the Southwest area in the airport and look for the most sparkly, bedazzled lady in the room - lol!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
FYI - I will be sending out details of the events and location in the next few days.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Planning on joining for the Friday afternoon session onward....I need a shirt that says bludiva looking forward to meeting you all :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Planning on joining for the Friday afternoon session onward....I need a shirt that says bludiva looking forward to meeting you all :)

We will look forward to meeting you as well!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope we get a lot of pictures. It sounds like a great time. :wavey:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Bright Ice, if it works for you I am going to wait for you and Yenny and anyone else that wants to share a ride. Too bad we can't share numbers or email; DS probably has my contact info though. I guess I can wait at the Southwest area in the airport and look for the most sparkly, bedazzled lady in the room - lol!

@MissGotRocks that sounds great!
Contact me through this LT listing, it has my personal email listed.

https://loupetroop.com/listings/rings/3-dot-65-i-vvs2-antique-emerald-cut-ring

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results