shape
carat
color
clarity

The new WF ES 2.32 J SI at last!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Mara, your rings are STUNNING!!!! Love the new stone, and the new head!! Love it!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2006 4:45:17 PM
Author: Sundial

Date: 5/7/2006 3:40:37 PM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 5/7/2006 3:37:02 PM
Author: Mara
here are two of my fave shots, my ring and aljdeweys in diffused lighting...so beautiful. i just love it.
Hehehe - don't let her kid you.

The reason she loves these shots is because they show how much BIGGER her stone is than mine!
11.gif
2.gif

Woo-HOO - LEMON PIE!

Just kidding......I'm SO psyched for her. It is truly an AMAZING stone, and not just because of it's size. I wish the pictures could adequately capture how much WOW this stone has going on.

I'll add a few pics from my stash.
Mara's new stone is huge, but I think your three stone ring still holds its own Aljdewey!!! Thanks for posting more pics.

*sniff*....AWWWWWWWWW. - thanks, Sundial.
9.gif

We both were saying at the lounge where we took these how fortunate we are to know about these stones and to be able to have them.
36.gif

Thanks, too to MGR and PunchNPie.....really sweet of you. They are different looks.....funny thing is, we are always saying we want to have OPTIONS. I LOVE the look of hers sometimes, and she loves the look of mine. We should get a time-share thing going on rings to satisfy our variety genes. LOL

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I''m getting dizzy from all these pics!

This stones is awesome Mara. Love it.
Enjoy

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blimey! Beautiful stone/ring Mara! Nice to see you finally got your baby, and all your time/research/giving advice here on pricescope was rewarded with such a gorgeous rock.
36.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, Mara! Congratulations. Wear it in good health!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
WOW I am so amazed with the sparkle and pizazz and beauty of your new diamond Mara! It is beyond fabulous! And can I just say that after viewing all these pics, I want a bit of a warmer stone, like an H. After seeing all the life in your J it just cannot compare to some of the icy white D-E--Fs. (OK so I read the original lemon pie thread that was all about color and was a little irritated with some people)

Anyways, that very first pic with the green plants is my absolutel favorite! TO DIE FOR!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
I love your stone. It looks amazing, and I especially like those flower shots. I''m still trying to improve my own photography. I''m glad that you are settling in w/ the new big center stone.

elle

Shiny_Rock
What a find Mara! Beautiful stone, stunning set!
emthup.gif
Looks like it was made for you! I''m sure you can go larger
emwink.gif
- but this size is just perfect - big enough but not too big! Wear it in good health!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning Mara
30.gif
30.gif
The snapdragon picture is my favorite...I''d like the diamond and the flower please LOL
2.gif
Congrats...beautiful
30.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara
Beautiful ring!!!
30.gif
10.gif
IMO you made the right choice by going with the 6 prong setting. very tough to find such a clean looking 2+ct SI1 stone. congrats!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, again it is gorgeous! I do not know what you do for a living but you have a future as a ring photographer if you ever decide to switch careers...

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
whooooooooooooo - hoooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!
9.gif
CONGRATS MARA!!!!! it''s stunning

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara it is HUGE PERFECTION!!! You picked a real winner there, it is just gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You also have some major finger coverage going on there too
3.gif
Thanks for the pics and Aldj''s great shots too, BTW Aldj I have never seen a closeup on your set before - it it beautiful!

Have fun Mara!! Keep the pics coming, you know we will never get bored!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, you are SUCH a lucky gal!!! What an absolutely gorgeous, stunning, spectacular, breathtaking beauty of a diamond and ring. Huge, HUUUGGGGGHHHHH congrats!!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I have just returned from 5 weeks traveling to the States and Mexico and the first thread I see is yours... you sure know how to wipe out the feeling of jet lag in seconds! My eyes popped.

Your ring is absolutely GORGEOUS and the stone is AMAZING. Are you able to sleep at night, as you must be on such a high? Your new baby is out of this world... and remember this is coming from a colorless diamond lover! Enjoy your new ring, it''s breathtaking. CONGRATULATIONS, you deserve it. You''ve helped me and countless others on their quest for a good diamond and I for one couldn''t be happier for you. ENJOY!

Alj - I''m a sucker for 3-stone rings and yours looks fab. I''m jealous of you guys managing to visit WF for a SECOND time!!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I just got back from a short getaway, and came back to this!

Mara - big J looks awesome. All the new pictures blew me away!!! After seeing how huge the new stone is, I think this stone might even be able to tide YOU over for a while yet
3.gif
31.gif

Enjoy!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Mara, on your new beauty. I love the pics with the flowers -- pink especially. The new 6-prong really gives your ring a nice look. Personally, I prefer the 6 over the old 4-prong. The 6-prong head mates with the ring better IMO.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I love the high setting
36.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Mara! I am soooo speechless! Your new bauble is spectacular!!!!!!!! I just love it. Congratulations. That 2.32 carat could NOT have found a better home than on your finger!!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a stunning stone and ring. Enjoy your time with it until your NEXT upgrade which I bet won''t take 10 years :)

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Mara - That is one entirely Fabu ring. Wowser. What an amazing J. Just love it!

Enjoy it in good health!

-Lyss

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Love all the new pics!! I agree, please put them in the gallery, especially the snapdragon pink one.
18.gif

You look so cute in the pic aljdewey took of you first viewing your stone. Just like a new mommy.
2.gif

Oh, an re: the J color I can see the tint in some of the pics, but for the most part and in all the face up shots you would never know, it just looks great....

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Oh my, Mara, it is absolutely AMAZING! Geez, I want one!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2006 7:06:45 PM
Author: Mara
whew this is getting tiring, just a few more i promise!!!!

here is another head shot, straight on for those still curious!! i finally realized what WF did was shave down my block to taper it more so it fits more fluidly with the head. duh i just got that after i took this shot....hahaha!!! this macro stuff on the camera sure is helpful....hahaha.

Some of these photos are so amazingly detailed...wasn''t there a thread showing the differences in eternity-band prong styles? How about different head styles? The detailed shots will really serve future PSers well when researching settings. Kudos to both Mara and Al on the great photos!!!!

Congrats to you Mara on finding such an amazing diamond, I bet people in the airport are still talking about it![;-) (I spend most of my "people-watching time" in airports actually jewelry-stalking!) Enjoy not only that beautiful diamond but how well it works with your set, it looks right at home.

Is there a thread going to guess how long this upgrade will last
3.gif
? Maybe Irina could serve as our PS bookie and take bets......

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it is beautiful and HUGE. Love it. Congratulations.
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!! The new stone and my rings are currently happily humming away in the US this morning...now that I have a new stone I am obsessed with keeping it clean AT ALL TIMES. Wonder how long that will last!! hehe. It also feels funny to touch the table/top of the diamond and feel 6 prongs. I keep doing it. I'm sure that's not great for thumbprints on the stone, hehee. I better keep cleaning it!

FFF it's funny you mention the whole head thing because I do think that head styles are totally underwhelming many times. It's funny, I have mentioned this before but people put all this thought into the settings meaning the ring part of the e-ring and then they plunk something like a 6 prong stuller or a 4 prong stuller on it. I think that all angles should be considered for viewing, not just top down. But I obviously did the same thing when we were shopping, we spent all this time figuring out the ring itself and then when they said what head do you want I said oh whatever that one is (like the jeweler's wife's ring) which was a 4 prong something or other...but looked more like a modified V prong than a stuller solstice. Anyway I got the stuller solstice and it was okay but I just never loved that side view though I had it for almost 4 years. It was not like I hated it, it just was MEH. So when this time came around to get a new head and possibly change it up, I jumped at the opportunity and am so happy with the change big time. So now it's totally my mission to get people to start to consider HEADS when they are designing or looking into settings and rings. It's an important component of the process.

As for how long til the next upgrade, HA HA well I guess my beloved hubby was teasing my Mom about my next upgrade while I was gone, and was telling her that when I have a boy child that I can have an upgrade again and then he said oh OKAY I guess she can for a girl too...(he'd love to have either but for joke purposes, he always talks about a boy child to carry on the name)....anyway so last nitehe was telling me about it and I could just laugh. So not only have I managed to get him from balking at the thought of an upgrade when/if a child comes, but then it went to okay if it was a boy child, and now it's okay for a girl child too, and NOW he's actually talking about it ON HIS OWN to members of my family. Since we aren't going to have kids for oh about another 3-4 years IF we decide to have them....this just cracks me up at how far he is progressing with so little help of mine. Who knew?!?!? So who knows gals...maybe in another 5 years...I'll be able to get that 3.29 or it's close relative.
31.gif
In the meantime though I have other 'things' on the list to tide me over...heheee.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!!!
36.gif
18.gif
I especially like the new head. It does make it more complete somehow!

Did you get to see the 5 carat while you were there? I was at my jeweler''s on Friday getting my ring cleaned, and the saleslady said lets play with some rocks! Well the first was a 6 carat radiant! I wish I had had a camera with me. It was HUGE!!! Then I tried on a 5 carat round. Good lord, it was a door knob. It covered my finger from bottom almost to my knuckle!
6.gif
I would be afraid of hitting somebody with it!! But it might be worth it...
31.gif
3.gif

Anyway, congrats on the upgrade.
10.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Fab pix!...Especially the flower ones....congrats on the new blingage

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I can''t believe I missed this. I''m on dial-up for the time being, and it took about 30 years for all the pictures to load, but it was soooo worth the wait! It''s so unbelievably gorgeous!!!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
all i can say is "wow"...

wow to the size
wow to the new head
wow to the amazing picture

u did good girl!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results