shape
carat
color
clarity

the new china/flatware/stemware thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HaloAngel

Shiny_Rock
Perhaps I should start a new thread?

Thanks girls!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 2:43:57 PM
Author: HaloAngel
BUMP!
Okay so I''ll admit that I''m a bit clueless when it comes to formal vs. casual flatware & dinnerware! Does anyone know of an online resource for dummies like moi???

My main question right now is about flatware....i know that flatware made of sterling silver is not for everyday & it is considered the ''formal'' flatware option...like this gorgeousness by Vera Wang for Wedgewood: http://www.wedgwoodusa.com/shop/collection.asp?id=723&cat=&terms=

BUT : What is casual flatware made of? Does it have to be 18/10 stainless steel? Is this the best?
I *heart* this Vera Wang flatware set http://www.wedgwoodusa.com/shop/collection.asp?id=910&cat=&terms= but can it be used everyday, go in the dishwasher, etc? Is this what it''s meant for?

Thank you so much for helping a registry dummy out!
4.gif
We went with just one set of silver plated flatwear. Sterling silver was too high maintenance and too expensive IMHO. The silver plated can be put in the dishwasher etc. Even if I had a set JUST for fancy dinners, I wouldn''t want to hand wash and polish the sterling set.

My mother would beg to differ though - but it''s not her registry! haha

HTH.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I totally think you could use that set for every day, it''s stainless steel so it will hold up great for everyday use. We only registered for one set of silverware too, and it''s stainless steel. It''s nice enough to look good for fancy dinners, yet sturdy enough for every day use. One day we might get another set to use for fancier occasions, but only if this one starts to look beat up. We also only registered for one set of china too, which is for every day use.....

Not sure if I helped at all!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 4:40:44 PM
Author: julesbeth
aaannnddd our vera wang flatware:

Just wanted to say julesbeth I
30.gif
Chirp!
36.gif
I was very tempted by it.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
SarahlovesJS - Chirp is just not that pratical is it!? I really don''t care though, and for something I am not using everyday its just perfect and different. I peeked at my registry and 2 sets of chirp were bought! Yip!!

What set did you end up registering for?? I need to look back at the thread and see :) I am sure it is just beautiful!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Wow 2 already that is awesome!!
36.gif
36.gif
Maybe not practical, hmm..maybe, but I agree it is beautiful!
30.gif
I ended up doing Waterford Ballet Ribbon. I was torn between these two and the Martha Stewart robin's egg blue pattern, so I let FI be one of the tie-breakers and he preferred ballet ribbon. He's not huge on color. Ballet ribbon

ETA: Wow..I like how I said I "let" FI be a tie-breaker. Maybe I should say I asked for his opinion? Haha. I mean it's his china, too I suppose!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
OOhh that IS pretty. SO classic, your FI has great tie breaking abilities! ;-) That set will never get old and is an instant classic.

We weren''t going to register for China but I fell in LOVE with chirp and it was my FI who was actually like ''just register for it!''

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results