shape
carat
color
clarity

the new china/flatware/stemware thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
So we went in today and swapped our pattern! I had liked the plate and accent plate for my original set (Noritake Rochelle Platinum) but didn''t like the other pieces, like the covered vegetable dish, the gravy boat etc. So we re-registered for Wedgewood Blanc sur Blanc with an accent plate that matches, AND the Kate Spade June Lane accent plate.

I''ll attach some pics!

blanc sur blanc.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
It''s hard to see the pattern on there - see if the sugar bowl is easier to see...

blanc sur blanc sugar bowl.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
It''s pretty simple so here is the accent plate

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe I should attach it :)

accent plate june lane.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Here is our crystal - Atlantis brand.

paris atlantis crystal.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
And here is our flatware! I''m so excited for this part :) We are going to use it all the time - not just for fancy dinners.

sambonet flatware.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
I was at Macy''s today and walked by this pattern. I LOVE it. I''m already married, but we didn''t register for nice china because we didn''t really need it- we figured we could wait a few years. Maybe I can convince him that we need fine china NOW. Hmmm...I could always throw a fancy dinner party.

It comes in the champagne, which I''d want, and a light blue.

Monique Lhuillier for Royal Doulton "Etoile" Platinum

moniquelhuilchina.jpg

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
My FI and I will be moving a lot in the next few years, and quite possibly to Europe, so we aren't getting china, just plain. Plus, things with metal on them tend to look bad after a few washes in my experience as the gold or platinuim comes off.
I wanted something thick so I didn't always feel like it was going to break.

Here are our plates. We got the round ones, not the squares and are going with different mugs.

48640108431CZ.jpg

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Here are the mugs since we didn''t like the ones with the set:

3182211306870P.jpg

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I love our flatware. The pattern was originally made for some hotels in 1876 and I love that they are old fashioned, but classy and not cheap old lady looking.

5507914283145P.jpg

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
These our our stemware and they are my favorite. They are lennox autumn. The pattern is from 1918 and I liked the glasses far more than the plaes, although they were nice.

86791114787CZ.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going between two styles. This one by Kate Spade...

305159_fpx.tif.jpeg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
and this one by Lenox

374433_fpx.tif.jpeg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! We registered for Waterford Ballet Ribbon. Here's the link to it: Ballet Ribbon. For those of you who are getting accent plates or chargers or anything, how many did you get? Did you get the same amount as place settings? I like more than one color, that's why I am asking.

ETA: We finally made a decision, haha.
4.gif
We want the matching flatware as well I believe. I love everyone's choices!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
We won''t be registering for china because I already have a set. My great-uncle brought it back from Japan after WWII for my grandma, who gave it to my mom, who gave it to me. Its probably not super modern or what I would''ve picked if I went out today and registered, but the food covers the wheat and the rest of it is classic looking. It will work, and FI agrees that we certainly don''t need two sets of china to store. Most importantly, it has sentimental value. We will definitely register for some new everyday stuff, because the stuff I have now was just a cheap set from Target and half of it has been broken by my naughty clumsy cats.
6.gif
)

ourfukagawachina.jpg

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I forgot. Its name is Fukagawa Silver Wheat.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
We won''t be registering for fine china, or for everyday. I have always loved Fiestaware, and my grandmother has slowly given me a full set of 12, in multiple colors. I want to have crazy patterned serving dishes to pull it all together. I love color, much to FI''s consternation, he is much more subdued. FI and I will be inheriting a set for each set of parents, and this set from my grandmother, the Johnson Brother''s Friendly Village. It has been in production for a long time (50-70 years!), and we always used it for all of the big holiday family dinners. I love it.

JB.OFV.MainPicN.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
This is what I want to register for for flatware, Oneida''s Easton...

2267.detail.1.jpg

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 10:21:26 PM
Author: Amandine
Amandine,

I have the Satin Easton as my everyday flatware, and I love it. I''ve had mine for 8 years, and it''s still great. (Although I don''t love my everyday plates anymore and want to register for a new set when I get married...)

krispi

Shiny_Rock
These are the new everyday plates I want - Lenox Butler''s Pantry Buffet

Butlers Pantry.jpg

krispi

Shiny_Rock
This is the formal china that I already have. It's the Lenox Federal Cobalt. I love that it's classic and will never go out of style, but it also has a little bit of color to it. Cobalt blue is my favorite color, so when I saw this pattern, I had to have it! I thought it had been discontinued in the gold, but it looks like maybe they have brought it back? (I got mine before it was offered in platinum, although the platinum is what I would have preferred.)

Federal Cobalt.jpg

krispi

Shiny_Rock
This is my formal stemware - Gorham Diamond Gold. It''s been discontinued, but I have almost 8 complete place settings. Thank goodness for replacements.com if I ever decide to get the rest!

Diamond Gold.jpg

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Yikes! Sorry that glass turned out to be so large!

Lastly, here''s my formal silverware - King Richard by Towle. I only have 4 placesettings, and I really want to complete it eventually.

kingrichard.jpg

sarawithanh

Rough_Rock
Hi there! I''m new and decided to post in this thread because I need help picking stemware to go w/ our china - I''m not completely convinced I even want crystal stemware but I would like some nice Champagne flutes.

Everyday dinnerware: Fiestaware in all the colors!
Everyday flatware: Gorham Studio
Everyday stemware: Libbey Occasions red & white wine glasses

China: Lenox Lace Couture
Flatware: Oneida Juilliard

I am unsure what crystal stemware would look good with the Lenox Lace Couture pattern. I don''t want my guests to spend a fortune and frankly, wine glasses get broken easily in my house (but not since we switched to Libbey!) I want something fairly plain and simple, maybe platinum band would be good.

Suggestions?

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 10:54:38 AM
Author: krispi

Date: 6/29/2008 10:21:26 PM
Author: Amandine
Amandine,

I have the Satin Easton as my everyday flatware, and I love it. I''ve had mine for 8 years, and it''s still great. (Although I don''t love my everyday plates anymore and want to register for a new set when I get married...)
Good to know! Thanks!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Oohh I want to play toooooo! J and I already have like 10 place settings of Fiestaware, I used to work at Marshall Fields and every pay check I would pick up a set... I didn''t plan on getting china because I truly love my set, but when we were registering at Macy''s we saw the new Lenox Chirp and it was just SO me (errr I mean us...)!!

791869_wHR.jpg

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
The platter:

791859_wHR.jpg

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
These are our glasses :)

katespade-beacon-glasses.jpg

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
aaannnddd our vera wang flatware:

d80c10a671b8ddd2ac254d57627aa39a.jpg

HaloAngel

Shiny_Rock
BUMP!
Okay so I''ll admit that I''m a bit clueless when it comes to formal vs. casual flatware & dinnerware! Does anyone know of an online resource for dummies like moi???

My main question right now is about flatware....i know that flatware made of sterling silver is not for everyday & it is considered the "formal" flatware option...like this gorgeousness by Vera Wang for Wedgewood: http://www.wedgwoodusa.com/shop/collection.asp?id=723&cat=&terms=

BUT : What is casual flatware made of? Does it have to be 18/10 stainless steel? Is this the best?
I *heart* this Vera Wang flatware set http://www.wedgwoodusa.com/shop/collection.asp?id=910&cat=&terms= but can it be used everyday, go in the dishwasher, etc? Is this what it''s meant for?

Thank you so much for helping a registry dummy out!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results