shape
carat
color
clarity

the new china/flatware/stemware thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is great for daily use as it is safe for dishwasher etc.

And you can mix in so many things with it! It is really awesome.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
We wanted something on the casual side, sturdier, and no flowers. After picking a model that got discontinued the day after we registered
29.gif
, we picked out Noritake Kona Indigo. We registered for 8 place settings, 8 pasta bowls, 8 multi-pupose bowls, and all the accessories. I love it!

nor_konaindi4pcplaceset.jpg

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 12:01:15 AM
Author: CrownJewel
Here''s the rest of Lenox Lace Couture:

Well, now I don''t have to post mine, b/c there it is - thanks CJ!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
For our flatware, we picked the Splendide Casual set. We didn''t register for crystal. Our stemware is just plain Gluckstein wine and water glasses.

Casual-md.jpg

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
We are also going for the timeless, classic look, and have decided on Kilbarry Platinum by Waterford. We were able to snap a photo of all of our choices at the store where we registered. Pictured is our placesetting, plus a Thomas O''Brien charger plate, our flatware (Lenox something or other), our crystal (Waterford siren) and also, the Nambe Twist salt and pepper shakers. I love the way this all looks on navy blue, so once we have a formal dining room I think I will use that color.

Placesettingps.JPG

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Wow I''m so suprised to see so many of you choosing Waterford crystal stemware. The Waterford company just announced that it plans to move all production out of Waterford. It was huge news here as they are one of the main employers in Waterford. The reason they gave was that couples in the States aren''t buying as much of their crystal and are going for more simple styles in crystal instead. Production is being moved to Asia I believe.

And everyone''s choices are beautiful!
1.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 10:38:09 AM
Author: Delster
Wow I''m so suprised to see so many of you choosing Waterford crystal stemware. The Waterford company just announced that it plans to move all production out of Waterford. It was huge news here as they are one of the main employers in Waterford. The reason they gave was that couples in the States aren''t buying as much of their crystal and are going for more simple styles in crystal instead. Production is being moved to Asia I believe.

And everyone''s choices are beautiful!
1.gif
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/2961500.stm

Thanks for the heads up Delster. I had no idea! But it looks like the only part of production being moved to Asia is the earthenware, not fine china or crystal.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 10:06:31 AM
Author: buttercup80

Here's the rest of Lenox Lace Couture:

Well, now I don't have to post mine, b/c there it is - thanks CJ!

buttercup, you have fantastic taste.
5.gif
I love that setting. I wish I could have the whole thing. But I think I'm going to get the salad and dessert plates as accents. Eventually maybe I'll get the whole setting!

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
My china:

Kate Spade ''Pebble Point'' with the ''June Lane'' accent plate. (I noticed someone else on PS has Pebble Point as well)

Flatware:

Kate Spade ''Flatiron'' --still debating this setting but it does make the entire tablescape look really sharp

Crystal Stemware:

Nambe ''Eva''

Glassware:

Dansk ''Karin'' Graffix

Having MAJOR trouble inserting images for some reason.

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
Krissie- I LOVE your entire tablescape!!!! ''Kilbarry Platinum'' was my first choice but my FI preferred Kate Spade ''Pebble Point'' so that''s what we ended up with. He wanted a more ''retro-chic'' look and that is fine with me. But I love how your china looks against the navy placemat and napkin. You have inspired me to go put all my stuff together and take a photo!

HaloAngel

Shiny_Rock
Anyone here do Vera Wang Love Knots?
I have so much of the love knots silver collection for my wedding (flutes, cake server, frames, album, candlesticks, etc) so i thought I may as well register for the fine china.

Which stores carry vera wang fine china? Thanks!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I''ve seen Vera Wang at BBB. . .

Also, I know this is mildly off topic, but my aunt just called to let me know that the casual set we''d registered for was not dishwasher or microwave safe!
38.gif
We have now switched our registry, but why would an inexpensive casual set not be safe for the dishwasher???!!!

Here''s our new set (which I liked better anway, but FI had thought was too girly):

audreyware.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 6:51:48 AM
Author: buttercup80
I''ve seen Vera Wang at BBB. . .

Also, I know this is mildly off topic, but my aunt just called to let me know that the casual set we''d registered for was not dishwasher or microwave safe!
38.gif
We have now switched our registry, but why would an inexpensive casual set not be safe for the dishwasher???!!!

Here''s our new set (which I liked better anway, but FI had thought was too girly):
Buttercup, I love your new set, I have seen that set up here at Superstore (are you in Canada??) and it is adorable!! I''m still considering buying it....even though we registered for this Denby China set that I love, it''s just plain white and those little dots are so cute!! I love how they are raised a bit too.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
For the Kilbarry Platinum girls, if you don''t get all your settings, keep your eyes on ebay. Sandals resorts gives 4 place settings as a gift to honeymooners that stay for a certain length of time in a certain category of rooms. We got it and then put it on ebay. Got $200 for it, which was about half the retail price. Benefit for us, benefit for the couple that bought it.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone seen the Couzon Avignon flatware in person? We''re not engaged yet, but we have been considering getting some new flatware and we really like that one.

Really, we''ve been having a hard enough time finding any stainless pattern not made in China/Korea/Indonesia. We were going to go with the Yamazaki thinking it was made in Japan, but most of their patterns are done in China. Oneida said there''s no way to tell where a pattern has been made without looking at each individual piece. There aren''t any made in the states, but at least the Couzon is made in France so it''s more likely to adhere to fair labor laws.
20.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Oops--here's a (rather bad) picture of the Couzon.

watsfavigtonbright5.jpg

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Our flatware was the first thing we got off the registry and I love how heavy and permanent it is. It is Kate Spade Todd Hill stainless.

ksflatware.jpg

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
And since we had Blue Willow for daily, we went sorta crazy and got Wedgewood, Jasper Conran Chinoiserie for china. Its really gorgeous, so different and we went mostly with the green, with the dinner plates and soup bowls in white. We love china and have had a few dinner parties with stuff we got before the wedding. Still don''t have all our silver, Reed and Barton Chippendale.

jasperchix.jpg

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
we asked for the Wedgewood White. i like that it can go with pretty much anything and will still look ok several decades from now. we are going to use our china and not store it away! eh if it breaks then we''ll get more - hopefully they won''t discontinue the line but if they do then we''ll find a new style to replace it.

wedgewood_white.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I feel very minimalist against most of you posters! I''m not much of a fan of china (nor of the care I''d need in keeping it!!), but we''re very excited about our choice in flatware and dishware! Pics included...

First: the Arctic set from Crate & Barrel:

silver32.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Okay apparently the silverware set won''t save as a picture. Here''s the dinnerware set from BB&B...square, white and beautiful! We''re totally psyched about it. We would have gotten the square set from Crate & Barrel, but we didn''t like it as much as this one.

dinner32.JPG

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
haha...so funny that this thread came up again. One day I just fell out of love with the Baron''s Courty china pattern by Waterford. I just cannot commit to one pattern. I have this strange need for variety.

So, I joined the Wedgwood White team! I''ve always loved how minimal and pure it looked. It was actually my original choice, but my FI and some friends talked me out of it, saying "oh if you''re going to go with all white, then just buy some cheapie all-white dishes." And my FI said, "well if you must have china, at least get fancy china."

With the Wedgwood White, I get versatility, which I love because versatility is my middle name.
41.gif
I also registered for the Vera Wang Lace salad plate and the Lenox Lace Couture accent plate and bread/butter plate, for when I need to spiff up my table for fancier dinners. Eventually I will also get the Wedgwood Sterling teacup and saucer, but I think that having two sets of teacups and saucers is excessive.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve already posted mine in another thread, but I love it so much that I have to post it again here:

Herend Platinum Edge:

ps herend platinum edge2.JPG

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
And our crystal is Waterford Colleen Encore

(I like how it has a basketweave-ish pattern, like the china)

waterford colleen encore.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
We didn''t register for flatware, because I collect this antique silver pattern. I finally have enough placesettings to actually have people over, too!
2.gif

Baltimore Rose by Schofield

baltimore rose place setting.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Ya know, it is really funny...I always thought I was going to be a plain and simple girl when it came to formal place settings, but once I started looking aroung, these truly were my favorites. And when I see them all together here, it cracks me up that I have some pretty ''fancy'' stuff. I hope I love them as much in 20 years or so!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll chime in, although I''m joining in on the party pretty late.

We didn''t regster for plates or bowls since we had just gotten a set of basic white stuff from Target last year. We also didn''t register for china because I don''t think we''d use it. Here is what we did register for at C&B:

Thompson flatware:

C&B thompson flatware.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to admit, the flatware was a compromise on my part. It's not the one I really wanted but it'll do.

Here are the glasses, also from C&B:
ETA: Ooh, sorry the pics are so big! Also, I love seeing what everyone else is getting!

C&B Clark glasses.JPG

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the rest of Lenox Lace Couture:

We are going for the Lenox Lace Couture too! It is so beautiful and timeless. I CAN''T wait to use it for our future holidays and dinner parties.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results