shape
carat
color
clarity

the new china/flatware/stemware thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I know there have been these types of threads in the past. But I''m really excited about the china that we picked out. I''m interested in seeing everyone else''s dinnerware, flatware, and stemware.

We registered for 8 settings of Waterford Baron''s Court:

baronscourt.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Detail:

baronscourt2.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Although we''re getting simple wine glasses and champagne flutes from Crate & Barrel for our stemware, we did register for crystal champagne flutes. If we get them before the wedding day, we''ll use them as our toasting flutes. Hopefully this will start off our collection, which we will add to down the road. We just don''t have the space or need for the full set right now.

Waterford Lismore Essence (the champagne flutes are 4th from the right):

LismoreEssenceGroup_BSlg.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Our flatware that we already own is Towle Beaded Antique:

towleflatware.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
And since I like having almost-matchy-but-not-totally-matchy-matchy things...we registered for a serving set by Lenox (Vintage Jewel):

lenoxvintagejewel.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
We haven''t registered for rim soup bowls to go with the china yet. I don''t want to get the matching Baron''s Court soup bowls, so I have to go back to the store and find something that goes with it.

Anyway...so post your registry items! I have so many items on our registry that I''m excited about...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Dang, those are pretty Crown...

I can''t help ya though, I''m an Ikea girl through and through...

I''m the only one at my Mom''s house on a holiday searching through her 50-yr old stemware to pour my champagne in.
31.gif

Otherwise, I''d be drinking my bubbly from a coffee mug
14.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
miraclesrule, when the dishes haven''t been washed in my apartment, I will drink my wine from ANYTHING in the cupboard. What goodies have you found from Ikea?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I am loving your china!!
1.gif
We haven't officially picked yet, but do you want to see the ones I am interested in?

ETA: I love all of it, just focused on the china first because I am in china mode!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Sarah, YEAH I wanna see!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I found a complimentary pattern that I LOOOOOOOOOOVE. It''s Lenox Lace Couture. So I''ll register for the Lenox soup bowl. But in order for the entire place setting to look like it "kinda" goes together, should I also get the Lenox accent plate? Or should I get the Lenox salad plate, or dessert plate? Hmmm...

lenoxlacecouturesoupbowl.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the rest of Lenox Lace Couture:

lenoxlacecouture.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing I don''t like about the Lenox pattern is its cup and saucer. I like the more traditional curvy shape.

Anywhere here is the accent plate in that pattern:

lenoxlacecoutureaccentplate.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful choices, CJ. I like the Lenox and the Waterford patterns together. I don''t know what advice to give re. which Lenox plates to get to complement the Waterford place settings...I do lean towards dessert plates, though. Maybe those and your sugar and creamer set?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
The Waterford Baron''s Court place setting does not come with the yellow banded accent plate that you see in the first photo. The whole set is all white on white with platinum rims. FI and I played with different accent plates/bowls/etc. and just about everything goes with the Baron''s Court pattern. I love it for that versatility. I just don''t know what mixed combination to use!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
THANKS Monnie!!!! Any advice is appreciated. I''m glad you think they''ll go together!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Love the complimentary set!! Okay well here are some of the ones I am interested in:

I like this one Chirp

And this one

And this one

Annnd this one

Man I am girly, this too.

Okay so I like these. I also could complete my Grandma''s china. It wasn''t what she got when she got married, she got it later.

Here''s a pic I saved off of ebay at some point. It''s Mikasa Versailles I believe:

Mikasa1.JPG

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Better shot from ebay also I believe:

Mikasa2.JPG

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
oooooooooo Sarah very nice choices!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which one does your FI like the best? I had the same problem...I loved sooooooo many different patterns. I tried showing them all to FI on the websites, but he kept saying I like them all...just pick whatever you like. But it was important to me that he love the pattern as much as I do. So we went to Bed Bath & Beyond and played with different settings, mixed and matched...etc. We decided on Baron''s Court as the unanimous fave.

Sometimes it helps to get the FI''s opinion!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hmm!! I will try this. He tends to be one of the "whatever you want dear
4.gif
" types when it comes to wedding stuff.
20.gif
Haha. But I will try!! I did show him chirp and asked him if the bird bothered him and he said no. I asked because it kind of weirds my Mom out a bit.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 11:39:46 PM
Author: CrownJewel
miraclesrule, when the dishes haven''t been washed in my apartment, I will drink my wine from ANYTHING in the cupboard. What goodies have you found from Ikea?

that''s my girl, i will drink it from the bottle if i have to!!
35.gif

As far as Ikea, I just buy my flatware by the box for $10. I always had to buy extra boxes because I love the little bitty spoons that come with the regular ones. I forgot the name of them, but I always feel that if I use the itty bitty spoons and use a small dessert cup, that I will eat less. Besides my darling daughter used to always take those spoons to work and they would never make it back home.

If I ever finish this home remodel and get to take a bath again...I will definately choose wisely in the flatware, stemware dept for entertainment purposes. Maybe I should marry myself and register somewhere.
31.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh...can I play!!! We just finished our registry yesterday!!! And I was going to start a thread like this today! It seems most of our stuff is Lenox!

I have a question for everyone though...is 12 sets TOO many????

This is our basic setting. Federal Platinum Place Setting. It's by Lenox. We wanted something very simple so that we could mix & match other items as well. The platinum rim on it is STUNNING.

These are the accent plates to dress up the setting. Autumn Legacy Salad Plate. (By Lenox) I also ordered some vegetable bowls & platters in this pattern to dress up the set.

Everything else I got was very practical, since we actually plan to use the flatware and highballs for everyday.

Tuscany wine goblets (by Lenox)
O Wine Glasses (by Reidel). These are our "everyday" wine glasses.
Oxygen Highballs (by Lenox)

Tjorn Flatware (by Dansk)
And just for fun - Mikasa Red Cherries. This is our everyday dinnerware.

35.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Good thread! We actually registered for two sets, although I never thought I would do that! However, there is something to be said about this being the one time you can actually get this type of stuff - plus my family is more of a gift giving family (not cash) and will want to get special items that we will have for life.

Here is our formal set (FI''s choice - it is very traditional, just like his moms ;-)

Rochelle Platinum78673_fpx.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
However it was the ''accent'' plate that sold me on it...

rochelle platinum luncheon.jpg.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crown, I'll play

These are the ones I'm attracted to...but I'm afraid to register for them, they're so expensive, and everything on my list is expensive...hmmmm...maybe I'll go to Bed Bath & Beyond today and pick some inexpensive stuff in person. It's so overwhelming to do it online.

My favorite - and I love that you can do "accent" plates with it (I like the brown better than the green). The only thing is, I'm thinking this is a very common pattern/a lot of people have it. I don't know why I have that idea in my head.

ETA: damn, I attached the accent plate first
41.gif
(I was trying to pick a "duh" face)

RoyalDoultonPreciousPlatinumAccent.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
And here is our day to day set - it is sooo pretty! I would totally have this as our only set. It is Wedgewood Jasper Conran. Not sure if the picture shows the detail on the plates - it''s kind of ribbed.

wedgwood-jasper-conran.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is

RoyalPreciousPlatinum.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the green accent plate

RoyalDoultonPreciousPlatinumAccent2.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one I like...

ETA: I take this one back...I don't like it - the square thing bugs me.
14.gif

Sarah, I was laughing that the bird on yours freaks your mom out.

KateSpadeNoel.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and another one...

KateSpadePebble.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results