shape
carat
color
clarity

the new china/flatware/stemware thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 12:21:49 PM
Author: claudinam
and another one...
I really like the Kate Spade pebble!!! Very pretty - I think she has a lot of great stuff, minus the bug plates. While I think they are really cute, I just think that over time I''ll wonder why I got plates with bugs on them!

But the pebbles are really beautiful!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2008 12:32:31 PM
Author: October2008bride

Date: 4/19/2008 12:21:49 PM
Author: claudinam
and another one...
I really like the Kate Spade pebble!!! Very pretty - I think she has a lot of great stuff, minus the bug plates. While I think they are really cute, I just think that over time I'll wonder why I got plates with bugs on them!

But the pebbles are really beautiful!
hahahaha Yeah, the bug is kind of cool, but not...I don't know. I agree with you, the style should suit who you are now (I was going to say young, but the closer I get to 40 I'm like, that's not that young!), but you also have to picture those plates 20, 30 years from now...

ETA: I really liked your selections too...we seem to lean towards the same "looks".

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I love seeing what everyone picked. :)

scarlet, I don''t think 12 settings is too many. We got 8 just because we live in a tiny apartment and we''re having a small wedding. I remember seeing the Autumn Legacy pattern by Lenox and it''s sooooooo pretty.

october, anything by wedgwood is beautiful! The Jasper Conran is really pretty and perfect for everyday. By the way, my FI didn''t want to register for china at all until I said, "but when we go over to your mom''s for dinner, she always pulls out her china. I think we should be able to do the same." Haha.

claudia...nice picks! Some of the stuff on our registry is really expensive too. I don''t think the Royal Doulton is common at all...I''ve never seen it on any of my friends'' registries. It''s beautiful and versatile too so go for it. Have you seen the Library Lane pieces by Kate Spade? I love the navy blue accent plate with gold polka dots.

miraclesrule, what little spoons are you talking about? I love little spoons. At some point I have to take a picture of these little spoons that I found. I think they''re tea spoons but I don''t know. They''re just cute.

Oh, I forgot to post my everyday plates. We bought them out of desperation when we first moved in together. I don''t love them - too contemporary for my taste. We just went to like Century21 (the discount dept store, not the real estate chain) and found these:

studionovabluetang.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
and since it''s only a set of four place settings, we bought some blue glass plates from Crate & Barrel on super sale. They''re the same shape and it works well as a mixed set.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Ack, I''m trying to make some steel cut oatmeal for the first time, and I think I''m just doing it all wrong!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2008 12:56:39 PM
Author: CrownJewel

scarlet, I don''t think 12 settings is too many. We got 8 just because we live in a tiny apartment and we''re having a small wedding. I remember seeing the Autumn Legacy pattern by Lenox and it''s sooooooo pretty.

october, anything by wedgwood is beautiful! The Jasper Conran is really pretty and perfect for everyday. By the way, my FI didn''t want to register for china at all until I said, ''but when we go over to your mom''s for dinner, she always pulls out her china. I think we should be able to do the same.'' Haha.

claudia...nice picks! Some of the stuff on our registry is really expensive too. I don''t think the Royal Doulton is common at all...I''ve never seen it on any of my friends'' registries. It''s beautiful and versatile too so go for it. Have you seen the Library Lane pieces by Kate Spade? I love the navy blue accent plate with gold polka dots.

miraclesrule, what little spoons are you talking about? I love little spoons. At some point I have to take a picture of these little spoons that I found. I think they''re tea spoons but I don''t know. They''re just cute.

Oh, I forgot to post my everyday plates. We bought them out of desperation when we first moved in together. I don''t love them - too contemporary for my taste. We just went to like Century21 (the discount dept store, not the real estate chain) and found these:
Thanks, Crown! I know, I don''t know why I have it in my head that it''s too common! I''ll definitely check out the Library Lane pieces!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE our pattern, and FI picked it out (I poo pooed it at first, hah). it's really hard to see the delicate pattern on the edges (floral and vines, etc in white on white) in any of the pics but it is GORGEOUS and makes the pattern.

It's Wedgewood St. Moritz:

stmoritz.jpeg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Our china is Vera Wang Lace in Platinum.

We''re not registering for flatware or everyday dishes cause I already have fairly nice Dansk sets that my mom bought me when the outlets were going out of business.

We''re registering for pretty plain Crate and Barrel wine glasses. Fiance picked them out cause he is kind of picky and doesn''t like the super huge tall ones. I picked out our barware from there - Callaway glasses

My mother traded all her china in for sterling silverware after her wedding, so between us maybe we''ll have a complete set!

vwlace234789234.JPG

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 12:58:59 PM
Ack, I''m trying to make some steel cut oatmeal for the first time, and I think I''m just doing it all wrong!

OMG, I have the BEST recipe for steel cut oats. I got it out of the Quick and Easy South Beach Diet cookbook my daughter bought for me last xmas. I got about 5 people in my office addicted to it.

One thing to know about steel cut oats...better to put them in water at bedtime and let them soak overnight. If you don''t, you risk making one hellava mess in the microwave and everyone in your home will need ear muffs.
27.gif

If you want the recipe, I can post it, but it has cut up unsulfured dry apricots and diabetic maple syrup and I use allspice and some cinnamon. It''s yummy, yummy, for my tummy....
36.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I want your recipe! I made mine on the stove. It''s supposed to take 30 minutes, but mine took over an hour and still didn''t taste "done." I kept having to add more water to the pot b/c it kept sticking. What a mess. Totally not related to china/flatware/stemware.

basil, I loooooove your china. If only they made a curvy cup for that setting... I ogled over it for so long.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
CJ - that''s funny! When we were looking at china, I was turned away from some of the pretty Waterford designs simply because I liked the straight cup better than the curvy one!

I think out of all my registry items, I am hoping most to get the china. I actually set up a separate registry at "homeclick.com" because they offer my china for the same price as BB&B but with a free rim soup bowl (which are like $80 each). So I hope people realize that I''m being frugal, not greedy
2.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
We didn''t register for China because my parents have 2 sets that they never use and will probably give us. I''m pretty sure we are getting my grandma''s set(that my parents have) for our wedding gift. It is just white bone with a gold rope around the edges. I think it was actually my great-grandmother''s but I can''t be sure. My parents'' set that we will get eventually is Noritake Viscount. It has mint green and gold around the outside. My dad bought it in Vietnam when he was there in the 70s for much less than it would have been in the states apparently. I was a little worried that it would be too "70''s" looking but the more I look at it the more I like it. Do ya''ll think ithe pattern screams "70s"? Be honest...

noritakeviscounttttt.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Our flatware is Oneida "Prose". I like that it can go traditional or contemporary and we''ve already gotten 8 of 12 sets!

oneidaaaa.jpg

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 12:56:39 PM

CJ- That''s my fear...we live in an itsy-bitsy Manhattan apartment and probably won''t move for another 2 years. And I really want to have that stuff with us. I guess I can always store them at my parents.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i was lucky enough to get almost everything i need at my shower...we have waterford giselle china, vera wang fidelty stemware, and yamazaki alexandra ice flatware....

alexandraice.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
china...it's a really glittery pattern

giselle.jpg

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Oooo....I''m gonna play too!

My fine china is Mikasa Parchment....I love the subtle pattern! Even FI likes it!
1.gif

mikasa1las.jpg

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
My flatware for everyday/formal is Oneida Bordeaux....I fell in love with the weighted feel and streamlined look! Plus it is 18/10 stainless! My parents have had a set of Oneida flatware for almost 30 years and it has yet to rust! Great quality!
1.gif

oneida1las.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the Lenox. I also am not a too matchy person. I think it is nice to bring in color and crystal and stuff like that, to accent. I happen to love the can cup (the one with the Lenox) and have been looking for a white can cup with a gold thin border to go with dessert plates that I have. They are not part of my china pattern.

I recently got new china, crystal and silver. I really never loved what I got when I got married, so chose things you really love and can picture using. I gave in on what hubby said he would be okay with, because all my choices were too busy for him. I never liked it as it was not really my taste. This is our formal stuff, our every day stuff was easy to agree on.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock

we just registered today!! well we started registering anyway....

we just wanted something super simple and plain white for everyday use but that was nice enough to use for nice dinners too....also cuz i have some china that was my grandmother''s....didnt pick a flatware yet

anyway, we went with the china by denby set, it''s perfect!! we registered for 14 sets, just the dinner plate, salad plate and bowl. we didn''t like the cups much.

oobiecoo, i think your pattern is gorgeous!! definitely not too 70s, it''s fantastic.

Attachments

• denbychina.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 212

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Basil, I just ordered the gold lace VW cup and saucer. I love the Imperial cup, I have these great dessert plates, all different, which have gold on them, and I wanted white with a gold rim.

I love that pattern, it is just gorgeous.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oob, I LOVE that. I think it is timeless and elegant, no way does it scream an era to me, it is just classic.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Everyone has made such lovely choices!
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We chose the Kate Spade Noel Alabaster for our fine China. (Thank goodness the square thing doesn''t bother us!)

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
We like plain white. Nothing too elaborate....
We chose Wedgwood Nantucket as our primary everyday and fine china. Dishwashable and microwaveable....you can''t get much better! Ha!

15031_fpx.tif.jpeg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
We chose Kate Spade''s Malmo as our place setting. We like the simplicity and the modern edge to it. We didn''t select any crystal and doubt that we will register for any. Plain and simple wine glasses are most likely going to compliment our choices for any occasion.

KateSpade_Malmo.JPG

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the Nantucket Basket. You will never tire of it.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
This weekend I just realized that my grandmother has Nantucket! I figure I can''t go wrong with something so classic! And I''ll never have a hard time finding extra pieces!!! Thanks for the thumbs up! ha!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results