shape
carat
color
clarity

The March LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
elle, I saw this in the elevator in our condo and I thought of you and our love for ellipses...

IMAGE_139.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 8:57:43 PM
Author: sammyj
elle, I saw this in the elevator in our condo and I thought of you and our love for ellipses...

LOL!
36.gif

You are too cute, Sammy. That is hilarious.

I always feel like such a nerd when I think of PS people outside of PS.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99.44%; HEIGHT: 71px">Date: 3/11/2009 9:06:08 PM
Author: elledizzy5

are you calling me a nerd?
nerd.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:06:59 AM
Author: Bia

nerd.gif

If the shoe fits!
tongue.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:14:39 AM

nerd.gif

If the shoe fits!
tongue.gif
Oh yea, well come say it to my face
chukka.gif

25.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:30:22 AM
Date: 3/12/2009 11:14:39 AM

nerd.gif

If the shoe fits!
tongue.gif

Oh yea, well come say it to my face
chukka.gif

25.gif

Haha.. ok but can we grab some margaritas after?
12.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 8:07:30 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
Dream thanks for mentioning me in your post! I know its hard to be apart from someone you love no matter what the time span whether it be two weeks or 15 months like SOs deployed overseas. Thank god I'm in between those two time periods, hehe. But its nice that you took my situation into consideration as you though of yours, that was really sweet. No matter how hard life gets it could always get worse right? I thank god SO isnt gone for another 9 months on top of the 5 we've done. Its easy for some girls to complain about not seeing their SOs for a work day - come on ladies! Have some independence!
3.gif
Awww your welcome.
2.gif
I think of others' situations and know that it isn't so bad, but it's still so hard because this is our situation. It helps to put things into perspective for me though. Your right, it could be worse. It isn't as bad as our first year LDR, he's still alive and so am I and we still love one another. Plus, on the bright side he has been calling me everyday and we talk for a while. He tells me how much he misses me, loves me and that comforts me anyway
4.gif
And then I keep telling him how happy I am that he is up there for her at this time which in turn comforts him to know I support him. (but it's still hard...lol
6.gif
3.gif
)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Bia girl where you been?
37.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock

Date: 3/12/2009 11:32:43 AM
12.gif
Ooooh Elle, I went out for the BEST margaritas on Saturday after class! Margaritas and home-made guacamole (made right there by your table. Fresh!!!) It was sooooooooo good! We also had crabmeat empanadas. I''m drooling now just thinking about them.

For anyone who lives in NYC, if you haven''t tried Rosa Mexicano, you must! It is soooo good! They are famous for their pomegranate frozen margaritas. I had the standard margarita on the rocks but my friend had the pomegranate and it was delicious! It''s pricey but the food is delicious and the place is hot!

When you ladies come visit me in NY, we''ll go there.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:39:22 AM
Author: Dreamgirl
Bia girl where you been?
37.gif
What''s up Dream?
1.gif
You haven''t seen me?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:52:17 AM

Date: 3/12/2009 11:32:43 AM

12.gif
Ooooh Elle, I went out for the BEST margaritas on Saturday after class! Margaritas and home-made guacamole (made right there by your table. Fresh!!!) It was sooooooooo good! We also had crabmeat empanadas. I''m drooling now just thinking about them.

For anyone who lives in NYC, if you haven''t tried Rosa Mexicano, you must! It is soooo good! They are famous for their pomegranate frozen margaritas. I had the standard margarita on the rocks but my friend had the pomegranate and it was delicious! It''s pricey but the food is delicious and the place is hot!

When you ladies come visit me in NY, we''ll go there.

Oh man that sounds freaking awesome right now.

I''ve never been to NY and I''m dying to go. FF promised we''ll go. Luckily for me its a drivable distance. DG, you''d have to fly.

It might be cheaper to fly though... flights are really cheap right now. Damn. I want a vacation.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:01:59 PM

Date: 3/12/2009 11:39:22 AM
Author: Dreamgirl
Bia girl where you been?
37.gif
What''s up Dream?
1.gif
You haven''t seen me?
Well.........no. lol
7.gif
lol

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
My boss is in NYC right now. She flew out yesterday to celebrate her sisters 40th birthday. (She treated her sister to a trip out there) AND guess what? She's going to TIFFANY'S. That's right. Her sister wants to go....
6.gif
6.gif
20.gif
3.gif
I told her to look at the diamond rings for me.

Then I shared TMI in that I'd love to take the diamonds out of the case and roll in them..........hahaha (well, I would!
27.gif
)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL DG, you''re a weirdo.
37.gif

Crap. I just missed my social psych class because I got caught up in Lindsay Lohan''s True Hollywood Story.

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Theres a Rosa Mexicano in a mall by me too (NJ malls - just gross huh?)

Can I vent for a little?

You know how its human nature to feel as if your situation is superior or atleast to play off in your mind that what you have is better than what others may have... Humans instinctively look for people who they feel smarter than, prettier than, more accomplished than, etc etc. Is it possible to consciously feel victim of that?

Well lately Ive felt as if people have gotten so used to my relationship with SO that they're not even expecting much from us anymore. Maybe things will change once we're actually engaged - but I look at the way people coo over other couples getting engaged and compliment them on their "true love" and I wonder if that reaction is based off of the fact that they've dated shorter periods of time and the engagements were somewhat surprises or if thats how people act whenever a couple gets engaged?

When SO and I first started dating 3 years ago his family and friends were very happy for him because he'd had a really tough past couple of years and didnt smile much anymore because of it. There was a noticeable improvement in his mood and outlook on life because of the relationship. That valentines day - which was 7 months into our relationship he told me that his family friends had asked if he was proposing. We laughed it off because we were so young and it seemed like such a silly idea - I had years of school ahead of me and he hadnt even started his first tour in the Navy yet.

Now when I think back to it I get aggravated. So if we had gotten engaged back then it wouldve been a bigger deal than us waiting and feeling more grounded as far as our careers and intentions for life as a married couple and eventually as a family? His mom made a joke a couple weeks ago about me proposing to him. That just makes me sad because I never thought we were dragging our feet about anything - I know SO doesnt feel taht way either. So if SO and I are both on the same page with that why are other perceiving that an engagement is overdue? It would just break my heart for people to assume we've gotten engaged because we felt it was "about time". I dont feel like only truly madly head over heels in love couples get engaged in a short time period - like the rest of us are just in normal relationships with normal mutual feelings of love between the two of us and will get engaged becasue its the normal thing to do. Im still truly madly head over heels in love with SO and that hasnt faltered for almost 3 years now - shouldnt we get more credit and applause for the fact that were NOT engaged yet? As opposed to not jumping into an engagement and marriage two years ago?
15.gif

It just frustrates me so much that this "romeo and juliet" complex makes people feel that impatience is a sign of true deep burning soulmate kind of love. Doesnt the classical interpretation of Romeo and Juliet poke fun at how irrational and all consuming young love can truly be? To the point of the two lovers demise?
14.gif
14.gif

Sorry for that long rant. It felt good to type it out.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:18:25 PM
37.gif

Crap. I just missed my social psych class because I got caught up in Lindsay Lohan''s True Hollywood Story.

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Really? I can''t stand that girl.

Don''t worry, I took Social Psych and you aren''t missing much. Speaking of weirdos, I had the only weirdo for my Social Psych professor. She was like 50 years old and used to wear these low cut jeans with her thong hanging out all of the time. One day she told us a sstory about being at the bus stop and seeing a woman being attacked by her boyfriend. She said she didn''t call the police because it was none of her business...the whole class just stared at her in complete awe.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:28:53 PM

37.gif

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Really? I can''t stand that girl.

Don''t worry, I took Social Psych and you aren''t missing much. Speaking of weirdos, I had the only weirdo for my Social Psych professor. She was like 50 years old and used to wear these low cut jeans with her thong hanging out all of the time. One day she told us a sstory about being at the bus stop and seeing a woman being attacked by her boyfriend. She said she didn''t call the police because it was none of her business...the whole class just stared at her in complete awe.

Meh. I can''t stand her either, but THSs are always captivating. I got sucked in.

That''s... interesting...
33.gif
Why are professors so weird? Anyone''s thong hanging out is gross, but at 50 it''s just terrible. Dress your age!

That''s nice of her not to call the police. Ugh. Karma is a b&%$#. Just wait til she gets hers.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
FF just told me on gmail chat that his company has decided to use the Shamwow guy to do their commercial.

6.gif
23.gif
32.gif

He''s in shock. Apparently they all "love" his commercials.

THE SHAMWOW GUY??? WTF??? I''m having trouble taking this seriously.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:36:41 PM
FF just told me on gmail chat that his company has decided to use the Shamwow guy to do their commercial.

6.gif
23.gif
32.gif

He''s in shock. Apparently they all ''love'' his commercials.

THE SHAMWOW GUY??? WTF??? I''m having trouble taking this seriously.

Wow. Although...I''ve always thought that if the Shamwow guy did commercials for the Snuggie, it would be a match made in infomercial heaven.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I know it''s hard Sailor, but you have to try to not let other people''s opinions get in too deep. You and BF are doing things on your timeline, and those that don''t ''approve,'' or those that make their little comments, need to just deal. Your engagement is not for them to decide. I know it''s been said here before (many, many times) but every relationship is different, and each relationship runs on its own timeline. I was with my FI close to 7 years before he proposed to me. That''s a long time! You don''t think I got questioned all the time? God, it was so annoying, thinking back. Try to remember why you guys are waiting and try harder not to let what others think bother you so much.

Remember, no matter what, people are going to say something. Had you and BF gotten engaged after 6 months, people would have said, ''Oh, they''ll never last.'' So either way you can''t win. Why even try?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
37.gif
I''ll show you weirdo..........
lectureemoti.gif

lol

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:58:29 PM
I know it's hard Sailor, but you have to try to not let other people's opinions get in too deep. You and BF are doing things on your timeline, and those that don't 'approve,' or those that make their little comments, need to just deal. Your engagement is not for them to decide. I know it's been said here before (many, many times) but every relationship is different, and each relationship runs on its own timeline. I was with my FI close to 7 years before he proposed to me. That's a long time! You don't think I got questioned all the time? God, it was so annoying, thinking back. Try to remember why you guys are waiting and try harder not to let what others think bother you so much.

Remember, no matter what, people are going to say something. Had you and BF gotten engaged after 6 months, people would have said, 'Oh, they'll never last.' So either way you can't win. Why even try?

Im sorry bia I always forget youre engaged. 7 years is definitely much longer than what I'm complaining about, I hope you werent annoyed by my post.

I feel like people dont really comment that much though - I was trying to get across that as of lately people are making a bigger deal about other couples getting engaged after dating for a year or so and I feel like SO and I have been thrown to the wayside. I would almost RATHER them ask because then I could tell them that I think somethings going to happen this summer, or we're excited to get engaged in the near future. But no one asks us if and when we're going to get engaged, I dont think anyone really expects it and that makes me feel deflated
40.gif
Not that many people even ask about him being on deployment! Sometimes I think I'm too quiet for my own good and if I went around stopping and whining about being lonely and wanting to be married and gushing over every little detail of my relationship on facebook or myspace people would react to me and our relationship. But I dont want nor do I enjoy attention brought about in that manner. I guess I'm torn.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 2:39:50 PM
Author: SailorsSweet
Date: 3/12/2009 12:58:29 PM
I know it''s hard Sailor, but you have to try to not let other people''s opinions get in too deep. You and BF are doing things on your timeline, and those that don''t ''approve,'' or those that make their little comments, need to just deal. Your engagement is not for them to decide. I know it''s been said here before (many, many times) but every relationship is different, and each relationship runs on its own timeline. I was with my FI close to 7 years before he proposed to me. That''s a long time! You don''t think I got questioned all the time? God, it was so annoying, thinking back. Try to remember why you guys are waiting and try harder not to let what others think bother you so much.

Remember, no matter what, people are going to say something. Had you and BF gotten engaged after 6 months, people would have said, ''Oh, they''ll never last.'' So either way you can''t win. Why even try?

Im sorry bia I always forget youre engaged. 7 years is definitely much longer than what I''m complaining about, I hope you werent annoyed by my post.

I feel like people dont really comment that much though - I was trying to get across that as of lately people are making a bigger deal about other couples getting engaged after dating for a year or so and I feel like SO and I have been thrown to the wayside. I would almost RATHER them ask because then I could tell them that I think somethings going to happen this summer, or we''re excited to get engaged in the near future. But no one asks us if and when we''re going to get engaged, I dont think anyone really expects it and that makes me feel deflated
40.gif
Not that many people even ask about him being on deployment! Sometimes I think I''m too quiet for my own good and if I went around stopping and whining about being lonely and wanting to be married and gushing over every little detail of my relationship on facebook or myspace people would react to me and our relationship. But I dont want nor do I enjoy attention brought about in that manner. I guess I''m torn.
Maybe because I still pretend I''m a LIW lol!

I was not annoyed by your post at all, how could you ever think that?! If anything, I was just trying to get the point across that no matter how long you''re together (one week or one decade), people are still going to have something to say, or not say.

For me it got hard only towards the end, once I knew we were ready to take that next step. He made me wait 8 months before he proposed! But before we had our ''talk,'' I wasn''t anxious at all because I knew we just were not there yet. I think being a LIW is a blessing and a curse (a good one!) sometimes. A blessing because there is that feeling of camaraderie with the other women, a curse because it can highten the feelings of ''waiting'' to an even higher degree.

You''re fine. You have us (even me, a fake LIW
3.gif
) and we''re here for you until that times comes.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sailor- I feel your pain. (the first part of this is a lot of repeat, but needs to be said to get to what I'm going to say lol!) After being with S for 10.5 years, people tend to judge a lot. But I mean, COME ON people! We were literally 16 when we met. I was turning 17 the next week, then he would turn 17 only 2 months later. We were still in high school at the time! Which is why the first year was LDR. He had to finish up school before moving near me. Then after that, he moved here but there was establishing residency before going to college which took a year. But THEN after THAT he could only go to college part time because he was supporting himself. Back then people would ask when we were going to get married. We'd always say we are too young. We knew even then we wanted to get married, we just wanted to do it right.

Ok so 10.5 years later...here we are, I finally got my career on track (at least I hope so) and he finally graduated last May and is looking for a new job. Then suddenly we get "Oh, you must not be right for each other you've been together THIS long and still aren't married?" and "Oh, I feel soooooo sorry for you!" I can't stand the ignorance in those responses. There is so much to our story that puts us at today. Had some things gone differently, then yes, we'd maybe be engaged or married today. But this is how it is! That's not to say we should give it up. We love each other too much for that and want the same things out of life so we keep tugging along until the moment arrives.

I honestly don't think the amount of time you've been together should determine others' opinions on you- no longer falling under the 'Romeo and Juliet' category. Just remember that all that really matters is the strength of your relationship together. Me and FF are both still incredibly madly in love with one another (just as you said about you and your FF.) We've got a love that has been through A LOT of good and some difficult times (deaths, loss) and we have always been there for one another during those hard times. People that have been together 2 years lose the passion and we still have it! It's never died. Infact, it's grown immensely over the years and continues to grow. Some people are blown away by that and can't see how. Maybe they can't because they are jealous, or maybe because they didn't get their true happily ever after!
27.gif
We both KNOW this is what we want out of life and don't need to question it as others may.

I know this will come as being sort of silly after everything that has happened around here the past week (as I've learned) but you've got to NOT let others' comments about your relationship get you down. It sounds like you have something incredible together...an undying love that so many strive for but NEVER end up having. They want to make a fairytale story for themselves by hurrying up and getting married only to find out later it was a mistake. You KNOW this guy and love him with all your heart. That's all that matters...
5.gif
When the time is right, it will happen and forget about everyone else and their ignorance. Now THERE'S your Romeo and Juliet story...
31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 3:07:26 PM
You''re fine. You have us (even me, a fake LIW
3.gif
) and we''re here for you until that times comes.
You mean a crazy pseudo LIW....
9.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls! I really needed to hear that. dream your last paragraph made me tear up a little
12.gif
thanks for the mini pep talk!
9.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 6:47:24 PM
Author: SailorsSweetThanks girls! I really needed to hear that. dream your last paragraph made me tear up a little
12.gif
thanks for the mini pep talk!
9.gif
Awwwwwwww.......
biggyhug.gif
It''s all so very true!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hey Sailor, I usually just lurk around here, but as a reformed English major, I have to say I really hope your story ends up WAY better than Romeo and Juliet (since they both ended up killing themselves).
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 7:11:19 PM
Author: princesss
Hey Sailor, I usually just lurk around here, but as a reformed English major, I have to say I really hope your story ends up WAY better than Romeo and Juliet (since they both ended up killing themselves).
2.gif
No kidding. My thoughts exactly. Romantic? Yes. Tragic? Yes. Happy? No.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
yea I agree with you girls. I never thought Romeo and Juliet was a great story, I feel it just mocked how young first love drives teens crazy - how true mature love isnt that irrational. I think it gets romanticized because young girls hope to find a boy as devout as Romeo. I'm sure we all remember our first love whether it be in high school or college - looking back I'm very happy I didnt kill myself over my first "love". What were those two thinking? hehe
3.gif
Romeo and Juliet is the first cheesy teen story - just like pretty in pink or now the notebook.

I'm watching Surprise Wedding right now on WE. Its making me nervous - I cant believe these girls are doing this to their men! Its going to be like watching deer in headlights!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results