shape
carat
color
clarity

The March LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 9:39:05 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 3/6/2009 9:37:30 PM

Author: Bia

Date: 3/6/2009 9:35:59 PM

Mmmm booze.

I''m a Russian girl. Gimme the vodka!
11.gif

14.gif

I like me some rum & coke, too.

I need a girl''s night out, but I have no girl friends. I''m a loser.
37.gif

Come out, I''ll buy you a few rounds. And you couldn''t be further from a loser, and you know it
25.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 9:49:44 PM
Date: 3/6/2009 9:39:05 PM

Date: 3/6/2009 9:37:30 PM

Date: 3/6/2009 9:35:59 PM

Mmmm booze.

I''m a Russian girl. Gimme the vodka!
11.gif

14.gif

I like me some rum & coke, too.

I need a girl''s night out, but I have no girl friends. I''m a loser.
37.gif

Come out, I''ll buy you a few rounds. And you couldn''t be further from a loser, and you know it
25.gif

I''d love to have a ladies night out with you!

Oh... and I am loser. I''m about to have "Harry Potter" night with the BF!
9.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Mmm...gin is my hard alcohol of choice, definitely. Give me a gin gimlet or a dry martini any day! Hendrick's if you've got it.
9.gif

I don't like sweet drinks, so that rules out a lot of the other stuff. I do like good tequila though.

For non hard alcohol, I like beer (big fan of bitters & stout, especially) and good wine that isn't sweet. I make an exception for port, though. Yummy! I'm kind of a beer & wine snob, but K is too so it works out.

OK, I hope I haven't made myself sound like a complete alcoholic.
6.gif
I don't drink that much, really. I just like to drink good stuff when I do.
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 2:33:43 AM
Author: ladypirate
Mmm...gin is my hard alcohol of choice, definitely. Give me a gin gimlet or a dry martini any day! Hendrick's if you've got it.
9.gif

I don't like sweet drinks, so that rules out a lot of the other stuff. I do like good tequila though.

For non hard alcohol, I like beer (big fan of bitters & stout, especially) and good wine that isn't sweet. I make an exception for port, though. Yummy! I'm kind of a beer & wine snob, but K is too so it works out.

OK, I hope I haven't made myself sound like a complete alcoholic.
6.gif
I don't drink that much, really. I just like to drink good stuff when I do.
9.gif
I get teased by my friends for the faces I make when I drink stuff that tastes alcoholic--they all prefer the non-sweet stuff, but I just can't do it. Reminds me too much of drinking bad cough syrup which makes me gag. Eww.
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone. I am up early because I have dreaded class today. Must jump in the shower and get to it.

(I''m tired!!!
39.gif
)

29.gif
11.gif

Have a great day everyone!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh. That is unacceptable early. Ew.

It was 67 degrees in Michigan yesterday!! It was awesome.

Today is 45 and rainy.
14.gif

Better than 20 and snowy, I suppose.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah...

Going ring shopping today!
9.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 10:44:27 AM
Oh yeah...

9.gif

YAY! That sounds fun! Update us on your favs when you come back :)

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:16:44 PM
Author: misskitty

Oh yeah...

9.gif

Ditto!!!

So last night I went out with my friend who told me a week or two ago that her and her SO put down money on a ring (the one I posted about) and we were talking about our tax refund checks and such and her SO said something about using it all tomorrow (to go put more down for the ring but I was the only person who knew they''d bought one at the table). One of our guy friends was like "how do you do that?" and he said he was "making an investment" and the guy asked "in what?!!?!" and her SO said "forever". Hah! It was cute and funny at the same time. Just thought Id share
3.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 1:59:16 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
So last night I went out with my friend who told me a week or two ago that her and her SO put down money on a ring (the one I posted about) and we were talking about our tax refund checks and such and her SO said something about using it all tomorrow (to go put more down for the ring but I was the only person who knew they''d bought one at the table). One of our guy friends was like ''how do you do that?'' and he said he was ''making an investment'' and the guy asked ''in what?!!?!'' and her SO said ''forever''. Hah! It was cute and funny at the same time. Just thought Id share
3.gif

Love it. That''s really adorable.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 1:59:16 PM
Date: 3/7/2009 12:16:44 PM

Oh yeah...

9.gif

Ditto!!!

So last night I went out with my friend who told me a week or two ago that her and her SO put down money on a ring (the one I posted about) and we were talking about our tax refund checks and such and her SO said something about using it all tomorrow (to go put more down for the ring but I was the only person who knew they''d bought one at the table). One of our guy friends was like ''how do you do that?'' and he said he was ''making an investment'' and the guy asked ''in what?!!?!'' and her SO said ''forever''. Hah! It was cute and funny at the same time. Just thought Id share
3.gif

Ha! That''s adorable. Guys can actually be romantic every once in a while, eh?
3.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Have you girls discovered the wedding section of Etsy yet? One of my future MOH suggested it to me! They have the most gorgeous handmade jewelery and tons of veils/fabric bouquets/invitations/place holders/ etc. I really want something unique around my neck and I''m confident I''ll find it with all the time I have. I also subscribed to the email list and now I get an update everyday. Its great for preplanning.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool. I love Etsy -- so many cute houseware type things there, too! It''s also my go-to for cute gifts that are really unique.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I''m another HUGE fan of etsy!! There are tons of gorgeous hair/head pieces and it''s great for things like favours and decorations. I''m definitely planning on going the etsy route for bridal accessories and bridesmaids'' gifts!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Hey girlies - is anyone else here a fan of "Samantha Who?". My best friend and I got caught up on the dvds over the holidays but now they seem to keep moving the season premiere back
39.gif

Hope everyone has a speedy Monday! Mine crawwwwlll by.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
My Monday is crawling by too
20.gif
I currently don''t have much to do at work and with S being away...he is all I am thinking about. I bought him a cute card yesterday and I wrote him the sweetest things, dropped it off at the P.O. on the way into work...it will make him smile when he gets it. It said something to the sort of "Wish I were with you but in my heart, I am" which was perfect because I gave him my heart necklace to take with and a little note that says when he is feeling sad, look at my heart and know that I am with you always in my heart. (Or something like that) So the card was perfect! He will love it
4.gif

Stopped by the library yesterday and THOUGHT I had the movie PS I Love You on hold but turns out they didn''t have it in yet
14.gif
But, they were putting back some just returned DVDs so I snagged 27 Dresses and Failure to Launch. Haven''t seen either. Have any of you?

Last weekend S got The Family Stone for us to watch from the library (hadn''t seen it) We had fun watching that...althought I guess I would be SJP''s character and not her sister. haha!
6.gif
3.gif
Oh, and since I wasn''t around to post anything- last weekend was amazing and we went to the mountains to take in the views and get away- and drove to dream wedding venue site because we were right near it (2nd time we''ve gone up to it now) and got out of the car to try and see where they hold the ceremonies (still can''t see it as it''s tucked away from view.) We are both so interested in it
4.gif
I think we''ve got our place when the time is right! Hopefully!
2.gif
We couldn''t really check it out though because there were people there (just like the last time)....oh well, another time! Then we went on a 20 min. walk to the top of a mountain right next to dream venue site and sat up there. It was so peaceful and quiet..........I will hold onto that memory for sure!
4.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 10:19:30 AM
Hey girlies - is anyone else here a fan of ''Samantha Who?''. My best friend and I got caught up on the dvds over the holidays but now they seem to keep moving the season premiere back
39.gif

I''ve never seen ''Samantha Who?'' but I heard it''s a fun show!

Today is definitely crawling...time change Mondays are way worse than regular ol'' Mondays!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 10:19:30 AM
Hey girlies - is anyone else here a fan of ''Samantha Who?''. My best friend and I got caught up on the dvds over the holidays but now they seem to keep moving the season premiere back
39.gif

I think it''s a cute show. Any idea of when it''s coming back on?

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Its a great show! I suggest getting the season on dvd if you have netflix or the like. NO I dont know when its coming back on at all! I used to be able to google it but now thats not even working - I''m afraid theyre going to cancel.
39.gif
39.gif

We just got Pushing Daisies on netflix too - another great show that was canceled as soon as its ratings dropped. Its like, if its not reality tv show ratings they dont want to waste the space in prime time if they can come up with another form of deal or no deal or dancing with the stars to fill up that slot. It makes me sad - I still want fictional story lines in my life!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Aw that would be a shame if they canceled it - such a cute show. I find it is usually the kiss of death (unfortunately) when they start messing with a show''s schedule...putting it on a ''temporary'' hiatus or switching up the night/time it is shown
7.gif
I''ll have to catch it on DVD.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 9:48:18 AM
Author: Patiently_Waiting
Aw that would be a shame if they canceled it - such a cute show. I find it is usually the kiss of death (unfortunately) when they start messing with a show''s schedule...putting it on a ''temporary'' hiatus or switching up the night/time it is shown
7.gif
I''ll have to catch it on DVD.
That is exactly what happened to Scrubs, and precisely why it never gained the support and following that it should have.

I LOVE that show. It might be my favorite TV series ever, and I hunt it down every time it changes day, time, and most recently... station!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I miss S...
40.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 1:11:08 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I miss S...
40.gif

Aww. When is he coming home, or is that TBD?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, I have a "what would you do" situation on my hands:

I just had an AWESOME job interview today
9.gif
, and I''m in the process of writing out a thank-you letter to the lady I spoke with. I found this position via a recruiter, and when the recruiter called me a few minutes ago with feedback, she said the company loved me but they had one concern, and I should try to clear that up in my letter. The concern is that I''m new in town, and my SO is one of my only ties to this city -- what would happen if we broke up, and would I stick around here? This job is particularly amazing (and not at all in my field, but it''s really just too fantastic to pass up if I get an offer), and even if things did go south with B (which I''m not expecting in the slightest, but of course you never know), I''d stay here for the job, no questions.

How do I put that in writing without sounding weird? I''m really trying to get this to flow naturally in the thank-you letter, and all I have so far is "Although I am new to the area, I feel great about my new city, and I can definitely see myself staying for years to come," which I''m not 100% in love with. The rest of the letter is a pretty standard interview thank-you.

Also, some job *dust* would be fabulous
9.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 1:23:29 PM
Ladies, I have a 'what would you do' situation on my hands:

I just had an AWESOME job interview today
9.gif
, and I'm in the process of writing out a thank-you letter to the lady I spoke with. I found this position via a recruiter, and when the recruiter called me a few minutes ago with feedback, she said the company loved me but they had one concern, and I should try to clear that up in my letter. The concern is that I'm new in town, and my SO is one of my only ties to this city -- what would happen if we broke up, and would I stick around here? This job is particularly amazing (and not at all in my field, but it's really just too fantastic to pass up if I get an offer), and even if things did go south with B (which I'm not expecting in the slightest, but of course you never know), I'd stay here for the job, no questions.

How do I put that in writing without sounding weird? I'm really trying to get this to flow naturally in the thank-you letter, and all I have so far is 'Although I am new to the area, I feel great about my new city, and I can definitely see myself staying for years to come,' which I'm not 100% in love with. The rest of the letter is a pretty standard interview thank-you.

Also, some job *dust* would be fabulous
9.gif

I didnt think a job interview or recruiting agency was allowed to disclose that information??!?! Thats your personal life. Here.. read this article..
Illegal Interview Questions and How to Handle Them...

You fight for your right to that job misskitty!!
2.gif
DUST DUST DUST

on a small talk thread note - Ive caught the winter bug. I got sick at the gym today
40.gif
Talk about a thoroughly embarrassing moment.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the link, SailorsSweet<3! I actually don''t mind answering the question (which they technically didn''t ask -- hence the sticky situation of trying to address the issue in the thank-you letter) and I really just want to reaffirm that I totally want this job and there''s nothing that would hold me back or pull me away from it.

Sorry you''re feeling sick! I had one of those bugs a week ago, and I found that a combo of Emergen-C powder + Gatorade helped a LOT.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 2:07:58 PM
Thanks for the link, SailorsSweet<3! I actually don''t mind answering the question (which they technically didn''t ask -- hence the sticky situation of trying to address the issue in the thank-you letter) and I really just want to reaffirm that I totally want this job and there''s nothing that would hold me back or pull me away from it.

Sorry you''re feeling sick! I had one of those bugs a week ago, and I found that a combo of Emergen-C powder + Gatorade helped a LOT.
misskitty...love the adorable pug in your avatar! Personally, I wouldn''t answer the question because it really isn''t any of their business and it shouldn''t affect their decision to hire you. What I would write in the thank you letter is something along the lines of how great the position is and how you''d like to grow with their company. By stating that you see a future within the company may help answer their question in an appropriate context.

SS...I feel your pain! I''ve been sick for 1.5 weeks and it''s gotten worse in the past few days! Getting sick at the gym though....your poor thing
40.gif

Emergenc-C + gatorade sounds....YUMMY!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Good idea! I think I''m going to phrase it in a way that doesn''t mention the relationship at all, but touches on my dedication. I also have this sentence in there: As I mentioned earlier this morning, I''m keeping an open mind regarding my career goals, and I would be happy to stay on long-term for a position that was a perfect fit. and I think it addresses what I need to without being super awkward.

And thanks! We love the pug, too :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 1:13:40 PM

Date: 3/11/2009 1:11:08 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I miss S...
40.gif
Aww. When is he coming home, or is that TBD?
It''s TBD...
39.gif
Because of his Grandma''s current situation, he had only bought a one way ticket out there. I''m so glad he''s there with her though as I feel he shouldn''t be anywhere else BUT there. That isn''t to say it''s not easy though...The most we''ve been apart for is 2 1/2 weeks. (Excluding first year LDR)Last time we were apart was 2006. I know other''s have been apart much longer like our dear friend sailorsweet. But, you know....

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
misskitty that sentence sounds perfect to me. Youre addressing the concern yet not relating it to your personal relationships which is the way it should be.

Thanks for your sympathy girls - my roomie brought me egg drop soup on her way home from work. SO gives it to me when we''re together and Im sick so it was comforting to have it tonight
9.gif

Dream thanks for mentioning me in your post! I know its hard to be apart from someone you love no matter what the time span whether it be two weeks or 15 months like SOs deployed overseas. Thank god I''m in between those two time periods, hehe. But its nice that you took my situation into consideration as you though of yours, that was really sweet. No matter how hard life gets it could always get worse right? I thank god SO isnt gone for another 9 months on top of the 5 we''ve done. Its easy for some girls to complain about not seeing their SOs for a work day - come on ladies! Have some independence!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results