shape
carat
color
clarity

The March LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
SailorsSweet<3, that''s why I love swimsuits sold in separates. Although I feel a little weird buying a small on the bottom and a large on the top...just have to remind myself that it''s the fit models that aren''t proportional
5.gif

p.s. your wedding date is my birthday!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ilove and elle - that shorter dress is soooo pretty

How are you ladies? I have to admit, recently I''ve been obsessing over the idea of getting married and I''m starting to go nuts.

SO and I are also thinking of ways to cut corners to save more money with the way the economy looks right now, cuz we''re gonna need that money.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 9:08:59 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
hey girls - give me your opinion on this.

I have this acquaintance at school who complains about her ex a lot. It wouldnt bother me except shes in her 30s - her ex is in his 40s - but she complains about him the way we all complained about boys in high school.. ''So blabla texted me yesterday.. he said he loved me and missed me... And I said..'' ''So blabla emailed me Monday night and all he said was hey whats up - what a jerk right?'' I tried to give her positive honest feed back (Im the kind of person who tells it as it is) But she doesnt want to hear it. She says she has anxiety from this breakup (happened late October) and shes depressed. She says shes not interested in dating and she ''hates men''. Shes really digging herself into a huge spinster with a man complex hole.. but obviously she doesnt see that.

I only have a couple classes with her but its gotten on my serious nerves between the beginning of the semester and now. Shes also negative, and sarcastic, and very competitive to the point where she''ll comment on my status on face book if it has something to do with homework and give me an update on her home work
29.gif
Our projects are creatively driven but they also come down to finding good product to put in our design and good innovative materials/designs. It does get competitive but usually in a friendly nature - the way she makes me feel about it again reminds me of high school.

Today I was a little colder to her in class. She complained to the girl next to me about her ex and I kept doing my work. I''m not sure how else to handle this. I feel like shes an older bully yet she wants me to lend an ear whenever she needs it. I cant really avoid her since we have two classes together.. insight??
Hey SS...I don''t know how I missed this before! I also haven''t checked to see if anyone else has given advice so bear with me if I sound repetitive.

Frankly, I would just avoid her. Sit at the opposite side of the class, keep conversations short, only talk about school-related topics. It doesn''t sound like you have a friendly bond with her, so would it be so bad to give her the cold shoulder? If she''s just using you as a sounding board and not treating you like an actual friend, then you don''t have any obligation to her and if you don''t want to be around her then you don''t have to be.
1.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 8:03:17 AM
Author: misskitty
SailorsSweet<3, that''s why I love swimsuits sold in separates. Although I feel a little weird buying a small on the bottom and a large on the top...just have to remind myself that it''s the fit models that aren''t proportional
5.gif

p.s. your wedding date is my birthday!
That''s exactly what I do! I buy large tops and small bottoms. Did I also mention that I have no butt? All of my friends make fun of my flat butt.
28.gif

We definitely do need to start a chesty girls club though!
3.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Damn. Me and my B cups will have to find someone else to play with.
3.gif
2.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 3:38:07 PM
Author: sammyj
Date: 3/4/2009 9:08:59 PM

hey girls - give me your opinion on this.

I have this acquaintance at school who complains about her ex a lot. It wouldnt bother me except shes in her 30s - her ex is in his 40s - but she complains about him the way we all complained about boys in high school.. ''So blabla texted me yesterday.. he said he loved me and missed me... And I said..'' ''So blabla emailed me Monday night and all he said was hey whats up - what a jerk right?'' I tried to give her positive honest feed back (Im the kind of person who tells it as it is) But she doesnt want to hear it. She says she has anxiety from this breakup (happened late October) and shes depressed. She says shes not interested in dating and she ''hates men''. Shes really digging herself into a huge spinster with a man complex hole.. but obviously she doesnt see that.

I only have a couple classes with her but its gotten on my serious nerves between the beginning of the semester and now. Shes also negative, and sarcastic, and very competitive to the point where she''ll comment on my status on face book if it has something to do with homework and give me an update on her home work
29.gif
Our projects are creatively driven but they also come down to finding good product to put in our design and good innovative materials/designs. It does get competitive but usually in a friendly nature - the way she makes me feel about it again reminds me of high school.

Today I was a little colder to her in class. She complained to the girl next to me about her ex and I kept doing my work. I''m not sure how else to handle this. I feel like shes an older bully yet she wants me to lend an ear whenever she needs it. I cant really avoid her since we have two classes together.. insight??

Hey SS...I don''t know how I missed this before! I also haven''t checked to see if anyone else has given advice so bear with me if I sound repetitive.

Frankly, I would just avoid her. Sit at the opposite side of the class, keep conversations short, only talk about school-related topics. It doesn''t sound like you have a friendly bond with her, so would it be so bad to give her the cold shoulder? If she''s just using you as a sounding board and not treating you like an actual friend, then you don''t have any obligation to her and if you don''t want to be around her then you don''t have to be.
1.gif

We''re in a group for a group project!! haha - I talked to one of my other classmates today and she was surprised that said girl and I have no friendly bond prior to this semester - thats how clingy the girl is. I''m dealing with it though, not bringing up her ex and giving her sarcasm back if she gives it to me. I''m not a mean person and I''ve emailed SO about it and he said he just feels like shes in a hard place in her life right now, of course hes right. That man is my saving grace - you know the cliche about being a better person for your love? I definitely have been progressively coming a better person because of him and we''re not even in the same country at the moment.
1.gif
Thanks for your advice though girls - PS is also making me a better person. Maybe I should marry you girls? hehe

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 11:19:21 PM

We''re in a group for a group project!! haha - I talked to one of my other classmates today and she was surprised that said girl and I have no friendly bond prior to this semester - thats how clingy the girl is. I''m dealing with it though, not bringing up her ex and giving her sarcasm back if she gives it to me. I''m not a mean person and I''ve emailed SO about it and he said he just feels like shes in a hard place in her life right now, of course hes right. That man is my saving grace - you know the cliche about being a better person for your love? I definitely have been progressively coming a better person because of him and we''re not even in the same country at the moment.
1.gif
Thanks for your advice though girls - PS is also making me a better person. Maybe I should marry you girls? hehe
Hmmm...see, that''s how you and I differ. When it''s warranted, I have no problem being a complete b*tch!

Boys are great at giving girls a different, more laidback perspective. They don''t let things bother them as much as we do. I don''t know how they do it but I always check in with D to make sure I''m not being totally crazy about something and he can always diffuse the situation.

SS...you and your SO sound like such a great pair. Is it May already?!?!
3.gif
2.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 7:31:51 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Damn. Me and my B cups will have to find someone else to play with.
3.gif
2.gif
No elle, you can always play with us!!! I hope your week has gotten better...
9.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 9:12:21 AM
Author: sammyj

Date: 3/5/2009 11:19:21 PM

We're in a group for a group project!! haha - I talked to one of my other classmates today and she was surprised that said girl and I have no friendly bond prior to this semester - thats how clingy the girl is. I'm dealing with it though, not bringing up her ex and giving her sarcasm back if she gives it to me. I'm not a mean person and I've emailed SO about it and he said he just feels like shes in a hard place in her life right now, of course hes right. That man is my saving grace - you know the cliche about being a better person for your love? I definitely have been progressively coming a better person because of him and we're not even in the same country at the moment.
1.gif
Hmmm...see, that's how you and I differ. When it's warranted, I have no problem being a complete b*tch!

Boys are great at giving girls a different, more laidback perspective. They don't let things bother them as much as we do. I don't know how they do it but I always check in with D to make sure I'm not being totally crazy about something and he can always diffuse the situation.

SS...you and your SO sound like such a great pair. Is it May already?!?!
3.gif
2.gif

68 More days til he comes home
2.gif
Hehe - then the excitement of "when" will set in. I'll be a true LIW

Im surprised Dream hasnt stopped by yet - i guess she doesnt feel much like small talk lately
7.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
15.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 12:38:19 PM
Im surprised Dream hasnt stopped by yet - i guess she doesnt feel much like small talk lately
7.gif
It's not that. It's just that thread of mine has kind of got me thinking everyone has me all wrong and it's bothering me...I feel like the original post was completely understandable. Why can't a girl want something in the future and plan for it (but then try to just think about today instead of the future because its gone into overload) without being questioned about her long term relationship and thoughts? Sorta makes me not even want to be here...
38.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 12:38:19 PM
Author: SailorsSweet

68 More days til he comes home
2.gif
Hehe - then the excitement of ''when'' will set in. I''ll be a true LIW
Hmmm...after some of the drama today and the rest of PS land putting LIW in a little box, I wonder what this means...
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Today started out great, but now it sucks.

Dream, please chime in.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah it does. And I feel like crap. On everyone''s behalf...
14.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to say that I love the LIW forum, and for the most part I find it easygoing and fun to read. When there''s negativity it sucks...it really does. We all feel the morale go down even if it''s just a little bit. For that reason, it''d be nice to keep all of that negativity in one place rather than spread it around the entire LIW forum.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, man. I hope everyone''s day gets better! It''s FRIDAY
1.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been lurking more and more on this site due to the vibe coming from all the different boards. Seems like spring fever to me. I see it in my middle schoolers right now too, everyone is cranky and obnoxious and waiting for sunshine. I keep this quote on my desk where I can read it daily, and it helps me let go and live well. Maybe it will be useful to my fellow PSers too.

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable.

The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."

-Charles Swindoll

Nothing major to report on my LIW status, other than FF has been bringing up rings a LOT lately. He''s thankfully still working and has been trying to use the stock market to his advantage. Today when he arrived home, I greeted him with a beer, and he announced, "Stocks were weird today. I only made about $100, so no ring today." I think he''s getting serious about making a purchase sometime in the next few months. He''s talked about wanting to propose this summer, so he''ll have to get looking soon..

Happy Weekend, ladies. I celebrated surviving a Friday at my middle school with a cocktail tonight within minutes of arriving home!
3.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
dream if PS is giving you major negative energy you need to back away. You were getting a handle on your personal emotions and state of mind with your relationship and you sounded so positive in your post about taking a short break! Dont let posters on an online thread, where people can hide behind a computer screen and overstep boundaries or put themselves on soap boxes easily, effect the direction you were going in as far as feeling happy in YOUR life with YOUR relationship. At the end of the day who do you have to make you happy aside from yourself (and your SO of course
2.gif
) No matter what people post - good or bad - its just going to be you and him when it comes down to it. You're both madly in love and content with your relationship as its defined by the two of you. THAT is all that matters. I hope next week is a better one for you.

sammy I say that in May I'll be a true LIW because I feel like you girls (well not you anymore Sammy
2.gif
) have it harder seeing your SOs on a day to day basis and thinking "maybe he'll propose tonight - or tomorrow - or this weekend" I havent had to think maybe maybe maybe AT ALL yet. Not seeing SO has been a blessing in disguise as far as my engagement anxiety goes
3.gif
Im going to love his homecoming in May but it will definitely fuel my waiting fire in a hugeeee way. haha

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 7:33:40 PM
Author: equestrienne
I've been lurking more and more on this site due to the vibe coming from all the different boards. Seems like spring fever to me. I see it in my middle schoolers right now too, everyone is cranky and obnoxious and waiting for sunshine. I keep this quote on my desk where I can read it daily, and it helps me let go and live well. Maybe it will be useful to my fellow PSers too.
You know, you may just be right. Let's place the blame on Spring Fever. Very clever equestrienne
3.gif
LOL

I have noticed this too, people are just down right cranky lately. LIW is my spot, even though Im no longer part of the clan. So let's not be snarky with each other (Dream, I love ya girl...). Spread the love mannnnnn...

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
To change the subject - Friday night here and I''m about to go out

What are your favorite drinks?

I ordered a gin and ginger last weekend and the bartender had to ask me to repeat myself - is that a weird drink? Its my favorite as of recently.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Going out tomorrow night. For MARGARITAS BABY!

My favorite drink is tequila. Straight. Is that weird? It''s the only hard liquor I can drink straight, and I love it.
18.gif

I like rum & coke too...but that''s only because I''m a former coca-cola addict.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Thats one of the only alcohols I can drink straight as well (with a lime and salt of course) And people always tell me their "tequila" stories but I havent had a bad experience with it yet
3.gif
Yay tequila!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Tequila is so smooth which is why I love it. Have yet to receive a hangover from drinking it. Now vodka on the other hand, has given me the only hangover...which is why I detest it. It reminds me of rubbing alcohol IMO.
14.gif

Tomorrow it's girl's night out. Mexican food and margaritas...what more could a girl ask for?
9.gif
10.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you ladies have fun nights planned!

I like some tequilas, but the cheap ones taste terrible and I can''t handle that. I''m mostly a whiskey girl, though.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 9:05:47 PM
Author: misskitty
Sounds like you ladies have fun nights planned!

I like some tequilas, but the cheap ones taste terrible and I can''t handle that. I''m mostly a whiskey girl, though.
Wow, you don''t play! Whiskey is some rough stuff...I give you props.
3.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 9:26:04 PM
Author: Bia
Wow, you don''t play! Whiskey is some rough stuff...I give you props.
3.gif

Funny that you say that -- I think most of the clears are the rough stuff
3.gif
I don''t get how my friends can drink vodka+soda or gin+tonics. Must be a palate thing!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mmmm booze.

I''m a Russian girl. Gimme the vodka!
11.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 9:35:59 PM
Mmmm booze.

11.gif
14.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 9:37:30 PM
Author: Bia
Date: 3/6/2009 9:35:59 PM

Mmmm booze.

11.gif

14.gif

I like me some rum & coke, too.

I need a girl''s night out, but I have no girl friends. I''m a loser.
37.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 9:39:05 PM
I need a girl''s night out, but I have no girl friends. I''m a loser.
37.gif

Same here. I''m new in town, and St. Louis is kind of a clique-y city, so it''s kinda hard for me to make new girl friends here.
15.gif
I can''t wait to go to Chicago next weekend to see my friends!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results