shape
carat
color
clarity

The March LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:12:10 AM
Author: misskitty

Date: 3/4/2009 9:34:01 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Just found out I got lapped again by another couple. (damn you, Facebook, and your constant engagement updates!)

So now I''m the awkward position of trying to not be annoyed that it''s not me that got engaged. I am genuinely happy for the two that got engaged, but that doesn''t make it suck any less for me.

Yes, I''m being selfish.
14.gif

I feel like this waiting is just so arbitrary. WHY is he waiting so long? I''m frustrated today!

And I feel like crap because I''m on antibiotics that make me gag and vomit. Awesome. Today''s a GREAT day
20.gif

I know the feeling!!

Hope the antibiotic yuckiness goes away. And the FB lapping.
Facebook really is the devil, isn''t it?
20.gif
2.gif

Thanks. I hope it goes away too. I told FF I was gagging all morning and I get this...

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

"You''re not pregnant, are you?"

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 10:56:09 AM

What''s new in the life of Bia?
Not much. School has calmed a bit, so I''m enjoying the peace while it lasts.

Did you catch Biggest Loser last night? I can''t remember if you watch it or not Elle, but it''s getting better. Anyone else catch it?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:36:14 AM
Author: Bia

Did you catch Biggest Loser last night? I can''t remember if you watch it or not Elle, but it''s getting better. Anyone else catch it?
Glad school is calm for now! That''s always such a relief.

Ugh! No, I don''t watch it, but I do like the show. I can never seem to remember to turn on the TV when something I want to watch is on. I always end up catching stuff I don''t even like.

Are the people from South Lyon, MI still on there?

Did you ever see Fat Free Fiance? Engaged couples lose weight to get stuff for their wedding. I''ve only seen one episode, but it was pretty entertaining.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:42:09 AM

What's new in the life of Bia?
Not much. School has calmed a bit, so I'm enjoying the peace while it lasts.

Did you catch Biggest Loser last night? I can't remember if you watch it or not Elle, but it's getting better. Anyone else catch it?
Glad school is calm for now! That's always such a relief.

Ugh! No, I don't watch it, but I do like the show. I can never seem to remember to turn on the TV when something I want to watch is on. I always end up catching stuff I don't even like.

Did you ever see Fat Free Fiance? Engaged couples lose weight to get stuff for their wedding. I've only seen one episode, but it was pretty entertaining.
No, never heard of it. Sounds interesting. What channel?

BL is getting better, imo. It was a slow start but now the teams are getting smaller and as a result viewers are getting to know the contestants more. Yes, the father and son team from South Lyon are still on the show.

It's funny, because I always forget what shows are on too, so I always just flip to the Foodnetwork/Travel Channel/Discovery, because there is always something good on one of those channels. BL is the only show I always remember to watch LOL (Tue. nights at 8...or 7 in your case
5.gif
)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:53:05 AM

Date: 3/4/2009 11:42:09 AM

Glad school is calm for now! That''s always such a relief.

Ugh! No, I don''t watch it, but I do like the show. I can never seem to remember to turn on the TV when something I want to watch is on. I always end up catching stuff I don''t even like.

Did you ever see Fat Free Fiance? Engaged couples lose weight to get stuff for their wedding. I''ve only seen one episode, but it was pretty entertaining.
No, never heard of it. Sounds interesting. What channel?

BL is getting better, imo. It was a slow start but now the teams are getting smaller and as a result viewers are getting to know the contestants more. Yes, the father and son team from South Lyon are still on the show.

It''s funny, because I always forget what shows are on too, so I always just flip to the Foodnetwork/Travel Channel/Discovery, because there is always something good on one of those channels. BL is the only show I always remember to watch LOL (Tue. nights at 8...or 7 in your case
5.gif
)
We are the same timezone, lady!
3.gif

FFF is on the Style Network.

My go-to channel is HGTV. LOVE property virgins, my first home, etc. Those shows rock!

I should really check out BL. I''d probably like it a lot.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 12:12:54 PM

3.gif
And all these years I thought Michigan was central. I''m not dumb, I swear!!!!
3.gif
25.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 12:25:45 PM

Date: 3/4/2009 12:12:54 PM

3.gif
And all these years I thought Michigan was central. I''m not dumb, I swear!!!!
3.gif
25.gif
Haha. It''s ok, Bia. I don''t typically use time zone knowledge as a general intelligence indicator.
37.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Bia, I caught Biggest Loser... I LOVE that show. It was good. I''m mad it was TBC!

Miss Kitty- the dress I want is by the designer Stephanie James- I will attach a picture. I hope she is still around by the time I get married!!!
GAH I can''t do it too big... Anyways her website is StephanieJamescouture.com I want the Josephine with the green bow... soooo pretty.

Elle- HAHAHA I can''t believe that was the first thing your FF thinks of... weirdo! I hope you feel better!!!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
FInally... here it is. SO gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif

Weddingdress22.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one, ILA??

GREENDRESS46464363.JPG

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoops! Posted at the same time. It''s adorable!
30.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 10:49:39 AM

Date: 3/4/2009 10:44:00 AM

Date: 3/4/2009 10:37:00 AM
Your time's coming Elle...

What's a few months, right?
2.gif
Ha! You're such an LIW Veteran, Bia!
2.gif

You know exactly how damn long months are in LIW Time!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
2.gif
3.gif

Yeah... months... I know, I know. I'm just a bit whiny today. It shall pass.
I know, annoying right
3.gif
4.gif
5.gif
9.gif
12.gif

I totally get where you're coming from mama. It is friggen hard waiting, and then to top it off, hearing about everyone else getting engaged...on Facebook, no less.

I seem to forget for some reason...forgive me?
41.gif
17.gif
Awww...elle!!! I could tell that you've been a little 'off' this week (hope that doesn't offend you). *BIG HUGS* from me! I totally agree with Bia's middle sentence...I honestly went through that TWO DAYS before D proposed and made a big scene about it. We're here to listen...LET IT ALL OUT!!!

Yes, the waiting goes away once you're no longer an LIW, but you don't ever forget about the excruciating agony you go through! I will always remember how slooooow I thought my man was and how long it took him to actually do something. He got a lot of "Finally!!!" and "It's about time!!!" comments when we made our announcements and I'm sure your FF will too!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 1:20:57 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
FInally... here it is. SO gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif
awww...so cute!!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Sooooo pretty!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! what about you guys? Any dress ideas??
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

unfortunately she is in california, but it looks like she has had a chicago trunk show before, and hopefully again!!!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
I really love corset backs, dropped waists, sweetheart necklines, and as simple as possible after that.

I''m not too huge on lace or sparkles, but I''ve had a hard time finding a dress with the silhouette I like without them... oh well, I guess I have over two years!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...I like sweetheart necklines, strapless and I''m not a fan of beading or embroidery. My absolute dream dress is the Melissa Sweet Fern (which I''ve raved about many times on PS!). I don''t know how great it will look on me since I''m a chesty girl, but I WILL try it on and be sure to post pics!!!

sweetfern.jpg

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
My 2nd fave dress is this Reem Acra that I found awhile ago but I can''t remember where and I haven''t seen it since. Bonus points for someone that finds more info!

reemacradress.jpg

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
AWWWW I love the first dress, but also the second dress is sooo girly and beautiful!! Good taste, Sammyj!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
oh sammy I love that second dress! I envy girls who can wear strapless gowns lol

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 8:18:39 PM
AWWWW I love the first dress, but also the second dress is sooo girly and beautiful!! Good taste, Sammyj!
Thanks ILA! I love dresses that are flowy and girly...whether or not I can pull them off is a different story!

Date: 3/4/2009 8:48:43 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
oh sammy I love that second dress! I envy girls who can wear strapless gowns lol
I don''t even know if I can wear strapless gowns! I''m a 32F
7.gif
. My ''girls'' have been the bane of my love of fashion!!

Do you have pics of yourself in your Amy Michelson (that''s the designer, right?) yet?

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
hey girls - give me your opinion on this.

I have this acquaintance at school who complains about her ex a lot. It wouldnt bother me except shes in her 30s - her ex is in his 40s - but she complains about him the way we all complained about boys in high school.. "So blabla texted me yesterday.. he said he loved me and missed me... And I said.." "So blabla emailed me Monday night and all he said was hey whats up - what a jerk right?" I tried to give her positive honest feed back (Im the kind of person who tells it as it is) But she doesnt want to hear it. She says she has anxiety from this breakup (happened late October) and shes depressed. She says shes not interested in dating and she "hates men". Shes really digging herself into a huge spinster with a man complex hole.. but obviously she doesnt see that.

I only have a couple classes with her but its gotten on my serious nerves between the beginning of the semester and now. Shes also negative, and sarcastic, and very competitive to the point where she'll comment on my status on face book if it has something to do with homework and give me an update on her home work
29.gif
Our projects are creatively driven but they also come down to finding good product to put in our design and good innovative materials/designs. It does get competitive but usually in a friendly nature - the way she makes me feel about it again reminds me of high school.

Today I was a little colder to her in class. She complained to the girl next to me about her ex and I kept doing my work. I'm not sure how else to handle this. I feel like shes an older bully yet she wants me to lend an ear whenever she needs it. I cant really avoid her since we have two classes together.. insight??

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 9:02:11 PM
Author: sammyj
Date: 3/4/2009 8:18:39 PM

Thanks ILA! I love dresses that are flowy and girly...whether or not I can pull them off is a different story!

Date: 3/4/2009 8:48:43 PM

I don't even know if I can wear strapless gowns! I'm a 32F
7.gif
. My 'girls' have been the bane of my love of fashion!!

Do you have pics of yourself in your Amy Michelson (that's the designer, right?) yet?

Holy Moly!! I'm a 34DD and I have enough trouble with tank tops, dresses, etc. Im seriously considering a reduction but I need to figure out how to get my insurance to cover it.

I do have pics of the Amy Michelson.. but I want to wait til its fitted to put it on PS... The cups need to be brought in towards my sides and right now it looks like a bay watch swim suit bridal gown haha

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
You know sammy - I'll post one for you
2.gif
Im sure you girls will see what I'm talking about when it comes to the cups needing to be pulled in at the sides. I just hope I dont look too top heavy when its all fitted and done with. You cant see the clip on my back - its covered by the bow but the dress needs to be taken in as well. The veil was just for effect, Im not sure what I'm doing with my hair/veil yet. Sorry its so small - its the only file size that would upload
39.gif

SailorsGraceAM.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 2:02:13 PM
Author: sammyj
Date: 3/4/2009 10:49:39 AM

Date: 3/4/2009 10:44:00 AM

Date: 3/4/2009 10:37:00 AM

Your time''s coming Elle...

What''s a few months, right?
2.gif

Ha! You''re such an LIW Veteran, Bia!
2.gif

You know exactly how damn long months are in LIW Time!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
2.gif
3.gif

Yeah... months... I know, I know. I''m just a bit whiny today. It shall pass.
I know, annoying right
3.gif
4.gif
5.gif
9.gif
12.gif

I totally get where you''re coming from mama. It is friggen hard waiting, and then to top it off, hearing about everyone else getting engaged...on Facebook, no less.

I seem to forget for some reason...forgive me?
41.gif
17.gif

Awww...elle!!! I could tell that you''ve been a little ''off'' this week (hope that doesn''t offend you). *BIG HUGS* from me! I totally agree with Bia''s middle sentence...I honestly went through that TWO DAYS before D proposed and made a big scene about it. We''re here to listen...LET IT ALL OUT!!!

Yes, the waiting goes away once you''re no longer an LIW, but you don''t ever forget about the excruciating agony you go through! I will always remember how slooooow I thought my man was and how long it took him to actually do something. He got a lot of ''Finally!!!'' and ''It''s about time!!!'' comments when we made our announcements and I''m sure your FF will too!

LOL, Sammyj, you can seriously tell my moods online?? That''s hilarious. I must be SUPER moody IRL if you can tell I''m moody online.
6.gif
2.gif

It''s been a rough day/week. The antibiotics I''m on are making me sick, I got my period, I think the antibiotics are giving me a yeast infection, and I''m so bogged down with school work that I feel I might explode. Sorry if TMI, but I''m blunt like that.

FF is taking me ring shopping this weekend, dammit!
37.gif
I NEED this!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 9:29:39 PM
You know sammy - I''ll post one for you
2.gif
Im sure you girls will see what I''m talking about when it comes to the cups needing to be pulled in at the sides. I just hope I dont look too top heavy when its all fitted and done with. You cant see the clip on my back - its covered by the bow but the dress needs to be taken in as well. The veil was just for effect, Im not sure what I''m doing with my hair/veil yet. Sorry its so small - its the only file size that would upload
39.gif
awwww....you look beautiful!!!! I totally see what you mean about the cups being fitted properly but once they are you will be a stunning bride!

I''m seriously considering a reduction too! I even had my Fi ask our chiropractor if he''d write a ''prescription'' for me so that it could be covered for insurance. He said he would but all of my mommy friends are telling me to wait until I have a child first. Then it''s a breast reduction and lift all in one! Seriously though, my boobs won''t go away. I''m 5''2" and 110 lbs and I could exercise for a year straight and they would stay the same size. uggh.
20.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 9:34:25 PM

LOL, Sammyj, you can seriously tell my moods online?? That''s hilarious. I must be SUPER moody IRL if you can tell I''m moody online.
6.gif
2.gif

It''s been a rough day/week. The antibiotics I''m on are making me sick, I got my period, I think the antibiotics are giving me a yeast infection, and I''m so bogged down with school work that I feel I might explode. Sorry if TMI, but I''m blunt like that.

FF is taking me ring shopping this weekend, dammit!
37.gif
I NEED this!
Nah elle, I''m just REALLY intuitive! All these people that say you can''t hear tone in people''s words on a computer screen, pfffft. I''m just good like that
2.gif

That sucks elle...everything seems to be snowballing...yuck. Get it all out. Vent as much as you want. We''re here to read/listen. I''m all about TMI...I mean, I''ve never had a yeast infection and I''m on my period too.
1.gif

Way to look at the silver lining though! Be sure to come back on Monday with a full play-by-play of your ring shopping excursion!!!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, SailorSweet, you are so lucky to be trying on dresses and stuff already! I can''t remember, are you already engaged? And when do you plan on getting married?

I always ignore people who complain ALL THE TIME. There is a girl who sits next to me in my math class and there is this one girl who always complains to anyone who will listen.. so i ignore her! I always hope she gets the picture, but some people never do.

Sammyj- DANG GIRL, you have a big rack- for lack of a better term!! I recently lost a little bit of weight (20 pounds so far woot woot) and my boobs already shrunk TONS. It kind of sucks, but I was getting up there (or so I thought!!!
31.gif
) to a D and now I am back to a C, and the width of the band is already gone down. I get frustrated working out with these babies, I can''t imagine dealing with bigger!!

Elle- you can make sure to have a relaxing weekend with your BF, and have fun looking at the rings!! You should just sleep, watch movies, only make it to the jewelry store, and then come on here and tell us all about it!!
18.gif
18.gif
26.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Also, don''t you want to explain just about everything to your SO, and then you realize how in depth you go and it''s totally girl talk... I always want to tell him UGH my period this, it was so heavy... and he''s like STOP THERE, don''t say ANYTHING else... ohh boys.

17.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, funny that I come home and the recent posts are all about boobs! I''ve just decided that mine could use some shrinking, because I tried on a ton of swimsuits today, and the bikinis at J. Crew are not super friendly to DD''s. And I want the cute retro polka dot one, dammit. Looks like it''s time to amp up to level 2 on the Shred!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
sammy thats really smart of your mother to point out. the designer I work for is 5 months pregnant at the moment and shes gone from a B to a large C already - I was like, "Wow I could lend you my bras in a couple months
3.gif
" But that makes total sense waiting. Do you feel like going to a chiropractor helps? I''ve been having bad pain lately because I''m at a computer for most of my school work and at a bad desk and crappy desk chair in front of another computer at work. I''ve tried yoga but I dont commit enough. People tell me if I strength train my back it will ease the pain but idk.

IloveAsschers No - I wont be engaged ''til May the earliest (thats when SO gets back from deployment) But he told me to start planning the wedding before he left so we''ve already booked the ceremony site/reception hall for 7/3/2010 - photog - invitation designer - floral designer - and I bought my Amy Michelson dress the last week of Jan or first week of Feb. I must admit its a mix of crazy elation and difficult tongue biting
9.gif
My closest family - my brothers - know that I''ve been planning and booking along with my closest girlfriends/bridesmaids and SO''s ma, but everyone else including my Aunts and cousins has no official word yet of our intentions. Its hard! Thats why I responded to your post earlier that theres no problem in doing a little planning
12.gif
I''m very happy that I''ll have more than enough time to plan out the rest, esp because I''m running over in my schooling by about 2 years.

Misskitty I cant believe youre a well endowed lady as wel!!
2.gif
We should start a thread that lists all the things we cant wear because of our annoying breasts! haha. Bathing suits are the worst - even if I get a large the tops are too small and the bottoms sag in my butt.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results