audball

Ideal_Rock
LMAO.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1352760698|3304746 said:
131097039124472507_od8ewsas_c.jpg

I think we've all felt this at one time or another....

…….as an avid Redditor, with an avid Redditor BF.. with an upcoming 3rd year anniversary.. THANK YOU. I think I'm going to save this image..

JUST.
IN.
CASE.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
It was on my Pinterest feed this morning, and I was like, "YES!!!" It totally made my day. :lol:

Oh madelise, you're too funny.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Burst out laughing at work!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
hahhahaaha omg love it!! I'm sure I will be at that point next year!!! lol madelise, I hope you don't have to bust that out!

audball

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1352766731|3304825 said:
hahhahaaha omg love it!! I'm sure I will be at that point next year!!! lol madelise, I hope you don't have to bust that out!
I have a feeling she won't! *fingers crossed* that the listkeeper dust works super fast for you, madelise!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, back to Pinterest: have you ladies noticed you can have "secret" boards now?

I immediately made one, all things devoted to weddings. Now I can pin things ad nauseam without feeling like "LIW" is stamped on my forehead!
I still have a public wedding board though. :Up_to_something: I've consolidated it though recently; I'm under 200 pins. Not too bad!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
MBKRH|1352944908|3306851 said:
Oooh, back to Pinterest: have you ladies noticed you can have "secret" boards now?

I immediately made one, all things devoted to weddings. Now I can pin things ad nauseam without feeling like "LIW" is stamped on my forehead!
I still have a public wedding board though. :Up_to_something: I've consolidated it though recently; I'm under 200 pins. Not too bad!

yes!! I was just exploring it today. I have a public wedding board (not engaged...so sue me) and a board for sparklies. I started a secret board for wedding bands and my more frivolously expensive jewelry wishes hehe.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Interesting about the secret boards! I may be more intrigued to get one now! I didn't want to open a twitter account and was leery about linking it to my FB. If I can just have secret boards...woot!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1353188816|3308923 said:
Interesting about the secret boards! I may be more intrigued to get one now! I didn't want to open a twitter account and was leery about linking it to my FB. If I can just have secret boards...woot!

Yeah, secret boards don't post to your fb/twitter! So you can post away. It's the kitties t*tties. Like eating a whole tub of ice cream and not gaining a pound. So delicious, and without the guilt!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1352153979|3299337 said:
Wow Audball, wedding party veteran!!

audball said:
Just my thoughts. Choose people you truly want to stand up with you and choose people that are important in your life. I have seen several friends choose bridesmaids they thought they had to choose and ended up regretting some of their choices.

Sound advice. So have I!

In my imaginary wedding, I would have no bridal party. I hate the idea of choosing people. I have no one who I would REALLY like to stand with me, so it'd just be out of 'necessity'. Lame. SO wants his two brothers, at least. I am HOPING that when the time comes for this decision for real, we can come to a good compromise.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to push it out of my mind! These are the things that'll drive a person crazy! :errrr:

I'm going to ditto aud and say that if there's nobody you'd want to stand up with you, don't ask people just for the sake of asking!

We're having no wedding party for our upcoming wedding, and we're not even eloping. I was a BM for two of our guests, and they'll both just be attending as guests.

I know FI initially wanted to have his best friend stand as his best man, but we agreed that his friend could still be a best man and do whatever it is that the best man does, but it'll just be the two of us standing together.

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1353263806|3309474 said:
I'm going to ditto aud and say that if there's nobody you'd want to stand up with you, don't ask people just for the sake of asking!

We're having no wedding party for our upcoming wedding, and we're not even eloping. I was a BM for two of our guests, and they'll both just be attending as guests.

I know FI initially wanted to have his best friend stand as his best man, but we agreed that his friend could still be a best man and do whatever it is that the best man does, but it'll just be the two of us standing together.
Thanks star :) I'm probably abnormal, but I totally agree. Just because it's common to have wedding parties, doesn't mean you have to! Do what feels right for you and hopefully you'll be happy with how it turns out. I'm so glad you're doing it your way, star. I think more people could stress less and enjoy their day if they did it their way.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I'm totally with you star sparkle and audball! Now to convince SO when the time comes. :Up_to_something: The crux of my 'problem' is that I'd feel like a huge a**hole to have SO's brothers, if he REALLY wants them, and meanwhile skip over my only sister! We are close, I love her to bits, but cannot imagine having her as a bridesmaid!

ANYWAY. Its all hypothetical! :tongue:

I looked up average age of marriage in NZ, prompted by LIW talk about being 'that age', the pressure from friends and family, and all the FB engagement mania - which I feel I'm flying under the radar of for the most part! As it turns out, the average ages are 29.9 (men) and 28.2 (women) years. I guess that must be a contributing factor? I can only think of religious pals who have married at 25 and under. What is the stat average where you all live? Do you think it reflects what you are seeing?

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1353544432|3312531 said:
I'm totally with you star sparkle and audball! Now to convince SO when the time comes. :Up_to_something: The crux of my 'problem' is that I'd feel like a huge a**hole to have SO's brothers, if he REALLY wants them, and meanwhile skip over my only sister! We are close, I love her to bits, but cannot imagine having her as a bridesmaid!

I looked up average age of marriage in NZ, prompted by LIW talk about being 'that age', the pressure from friends and family, and all the FB engagement mania - which I feel I'm flying under the radar of for the most part! As it turns out, the average ages are 29.9 (men) and 28.2 (women) years. I guess that must be a contributing factor? I can only think of religious pals who have married at 25 and under. What is the stat average where you all live? Do you think it reflects what you are seeing?

Well, according to wikipedia ('cause I'm too lazy to look further), in 2011 for the United States, it was 28.9 for men and 26.9 for women.
For my state (Illinois) in 2007 (couldn't find an updated version) it's 27.0 for men,25.5 for women. (http://www-958.ibm.com/software/data/cognos/manyeyes/datasets/median-age-at-first-marriage-by-st/versions/1)

Either way, I'm way past both! :roll: :lol:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

M's playing Black Ops 2, and he turns around and goes "what are you typing over there?" I said "forum" (which he knows is code for "the place I go to talk about rings")
Well, I was replying to lktx's post, and he says "I dunno about this forum thing. You're b*tching 'oh that @sshole is complaining about the price of rings...." I laughed and said "No! it's just general discussion stuff, babe." Too funny.

I showed him a few rings between 3.5K and 6.2K tonight that I really like, and he said "You do realize I'll have to make payments. So, I can't do anything until your car is paid off."
I think I'm gonna take a chunk of my tax refund come early next year, and go pay off some more of my car. :naughty:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
MBKRH|1353555976|3312676 said:

M's playing Black Ops 2, and he turns around and goes "what are you typing over there?" I said "forum" (which he knows is code for "the place I go to talk about rings")
Well, I was replying to lktx's post, and he says "I dunno about this forum thing. You're b*tching 'oh that @sshole is complaining about the price of rings...." I laughed and said "No! it's just general discussion stuff, babe." Too funny.

I showed him a few rings between 3.5K and 6.2K tonight that I really like, and he said "You do realize I'll have to make payments. So, I can't do anything until your car is paid off."
I think I'm gonna take a chunk of my tax refund come early next year, and go pay off some more of my car. :naughty:

hehe! My SO is very similar...he always refers to any forum posting I do as "blogging"...it's so adorable haha.

yeahhhh you go girl!!! Get that car paid off and get that ring!! :naughty: :naughty:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1353557759|3312699 said:

hehe! My SO is very similar...he always refers to any forum posting I do as "blogging"...it's so adorable haha.

yeahhhh you go girl!!! Get that car paid off and get that ring!! :naughty: :naughty:

That's the plan. :Up_to_something:

That's funny your SO refers to posting as "blogging." I just hope mine doesn't figure out the forum, and starts going through my posts. He'd probably figure out who I am, as my name is our initials : (his first name, his middle name, his last name/my last name [we share the same initial], my middle name, and my first name). :errrr: :halo:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1353548710|3312598 said:
Chewbacca|1353544432|3312531 said:

Well, according to wikipedia ('cause I'm too lazy to look further), in 2011 for the United States, it was 28.9 for men and 26.9 for women.
For my state (Illinois) in 2007 (couldn't find an updated version) it's 27.0 for men,25.5 for women. (http://www-958.ibm.com/software/data/cognos/manyeyes/datasets/median-age-at-first-marriage-by-st/versions/1)

Either way, I'm way past both! :roll: :lol:

Hm, interesting. From that site, CA is 27M, 25F. Guess what? Next year, the year we hope to rush engagement/wedding/all that spazz… we're 27/25. LOL! Funny.

But for it being "accurate" for our area? I don't think so, not in THIS area. We have a few friends who are engaged, and even fewer who are married. It could be cultural (ethnic) as well as educational/socioeconomic. People who pursue higher degrees usually marry later, since they've invested their youth in their studies. My particular program appears to be blooming with engaged/married women, but I think that may be my biased eye picking up on shiny rocks, and thinking a few stories are the majority 8) Oops. :oops: My culture = people marrying a tad later in life. SO's culture = marry EARLY, early early unless they delay due to education.

Wow, saying all these things out loud (or typing them out loud ;)) ) really makes me feel silly. Why am I rushing?

audball

Ideal_Rock
I think it's pretty on par with my group of friends, some older, some younger, but I totally buy this as a rough average. It certainly would explain all the engagements on my FB newsfeed...which, by the way, is up to 17 in the last 6 weeks.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
He'd probably figure out who I am, as my name is our initials : (his first name, his middle name, his last name/my last name [we share the same initial], my middle name, and my first name). :errrr: :halo:

Hannah and Michael? Hayley and Martin? :naughty:

madelise said:
Wow, saying all these things out loud (or typing them out loud ;)) ) really makes me feel silly. Why am I rushing?

I'm feeling the same way.

audball said:
It certainly would explain all the engagements on my FB newsfeed...which, by the way, is up to 17 in the last 6 weeks.

Ridiculousness!!

SO's brother and SIL set a date - March 24. I am ashamed to say it brought on a bout of LIWitis which SO bore the brunt of. And I'm still living it! ;(

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1353900659|3315475 said:
madelise said:

I'm feeling the same way.

audball said:
It certainly would explain all the engagements on my FB newsfeed...which, by the way, is up to 17 in the last 6 weeks.

Ridiculousness!!

SO's brother and SIL set a date - March 24. I am ashamed to say it brought on a bout of LIWitis which SO bore the brunt of. And I'm still living it! ;(

If you guys are feeling like you're rushing, why not slow down a little? No shame in waiting if you're not feeling 100% about the step yet. It's a huge deal and you shouldn't have any nagging feelings that you're not ready!

And yeah..the newsfeed. It's becoming quite comical, actually. I think I've decided that if I surpass 20 (or maybe 25?) before I actually get engaged that I get to buy myself the Tiffany Charm Enhancer necklace that everyone has been buying!

I'm sorry you're sad about them setting a date :( Isn't it good though that they're getting it out of the way so that you don't have to worry about "their time" anymore? More time for you to be in the spotlight! :Up_to_something:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LAST. WEEK. OF LECTURE. I have one huge paper due tomorrow, and I can't seem to get past the first paragraph. I have my first final tomorrow, and three next Monday.

and I'm more active than ever on PS because I am queen of procrastination!!!

:knockout:

I remember when people used to b*tch about school on LIW.. am I the only one feeling the drag? :wacko:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
audball - I'm not worried about rushing to be married to SO! I think we are being pretty measured about it, at least I hope we are! I just meant looking at the stats, and then looking at myself, and seeing a bit of a gap there! :wink2:

I'm feeling a bit silly about my sad mood after the wedding date announcement. BETTER NOW. I guess being ridiculous every now and again is allowed, right?

I love the charm enhancer idea! Way to make an icky feeling a good one! :appl:

madelise - Good luck writing your paper! And hurrah, the end is near!! (ish)

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock

Nope nope, and nope nope. :Up_to_something:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1353966598|3315945 said:

Heidi. Harriet. Helen. Hillary. There aren't that many H names!
M names for boys = infinite possibilities.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1353991805|3316241 said:
MBKRH|1353966598|3315945 said:

Heidi. Harriet. Helen. Hillary. There aren't that many H names!
M names for boys = infinite possibilities.

Heidi.

My sister is also an "H", but she's got a more common name.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1353962564|3315882 said:
audball - I'm not worried about rushing to be married to SO! I think we are being pretty measured about it, at least I hope we are! I just meant looking at the stats, and then looking at myself, and seeing a bit of a gap there! :wink2:

I'm feeling a bit silly about my sad mood after the wedding date announcement. BETTER NOW. I guess being ridiculous every now and again is allowed, right?

I love the charm enhancer idea! Way to make an icky feeling a good one! :appl:

madelise - Good luck writing your paper! And hurrah, the end is near!! (ish)
That's good! Just checking :)

Of course ridiculousness is allowed! That's why we're all here!

As of last night with sweetpea's engagement across my FB newsfeed, I'm at 18 in 6 weeks! So should my number be 20 before mine or 25 before mine to get the necklace? :naughty:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful name MBKRH aka Heidi! :praise:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. I've never been a fan of it, though. When I was a kid, it was near impossible to find anything personalized. Even to this day, not many places have "Heidi" keychains, etc....

I also hate that you can't use a shortened version of it. I always wanted a nickname when I was young- a good one, not HEIDI-HO!

audball

Ideal_Rock
MBKRH|1354152397|3317905 said:
Thanks. I've never been a fan of it, though. When I was a kid, it was near impossible to find anything personalized. Even to this day, not many places have "Heidi" keychains, etc....

I also hate that you can't use a shortened version of it. I always wanted a nickname when I was young- a good one, not HEIDI-HO!
I understand that! My name is Sabrina and finding keychains and other name things rarely happened for me too. When I was a kid my parents called me Brina (which I don't care for). Add I got older my sisters and friends would call me Briny (breen-ee). I don't mind that casually by people I'm close to, but other than that, I wouldn't go by it. When I first came to college I considered trying to go by my middle name, but didn't. I ended up being Bri (pronounced bree) for awhile but it didn't stick around more than a year or so. I actually liked that one but I also love my first name. I like that it's different, but known and easy to spell.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results