shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

audball

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1336488896|3190088 said:
thanks for the good wishes ladies! It was a rough exam...but it was my 2nd to last one (while I am still in school...still have that darn licensing one after I graduate haha). and it was only worth 9% of my grade, so it was really hard to motivate myself to study for it. but it's done! now just capstone projects til the end of the year. hoorahhhh
Yay!! Soo close!

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1336495030|3190151 said:
Congrats, pandabee, you're so close!

Last night, SO and I were talking about honeymoon locations and we're pretty solidly set on Fiji. Gahh, I'm so excited!! I just want to go on our honeymoon NOW!!!!
OMG! Fiji sounds AWESOME! Soooo jealous. :) :) (and happy for you, of course!).

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1336504105|3190280 said:

Haha, thanks aud! We're definitely trying to find somewhere with awesome scuba diving (we've been diving together for almost a year now and we have a blast every single time we do it), and our front-runners for the honeymoon have been Belize and Fiji. Fiji will be a bit more pricey than Belize, but we figured that if we don't do it for the honeymoon, when else would be able to find an excuse to drop that much $$? I convinced him that it's a once-in-a-lifetime trip, so we may as well make it count!

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
audball|1336481415|3189984 said:
Magpie09|1336479691|3189971 said:
I know how you feel I had a busy weekend too and all I wanted to do was have a nap under my desk at work today. Afternoon naptime should be re-introduced to increase productivity.
Agreed!!

As an aside -- are you a trade person? It's showing trade person above your posts (at least on my screen) and I didn't recall you being one. If you are, cool! If not, message the moderators to have them look into removing it!

I wish! I have no idea how I've managed this :sick: ...must have clicked something when changing my DP as i've never noticed it before.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1336495030|3190151 said:
Congrats, pandabee, you're so close!

Last night, SO and I were talking about honeymoon locations and we're pretty solidly set on Fiji. Gahh, I'm so excited!! I just want to go on our honeymoon NOW!!!!

thanks star sparkle and audball for the congrats! the tests never end though...another one on thursday and practical exam on friday. ughhh just want to lounge around and look at pretties all day haha.

Fiji sounds amazing!!!!! only maybe a little over a month til you get the ring...then less than a year until you can be enjoying the beautiful beaches!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
OH also we are almost on page 999...and after that, 1000!!! does anything happen after that? a party? hehe. let's push this chat thread up to 1k!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I don't think anything happens when we break 1k...but it'll be fun! Let's doooooooo iiiittttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1336570872|3190974 said:
Fiji sounds amazing!!!!! only maybe a little over a month til you get the ring...then less than a year until you can be enjoying the beautiful beaches!!!

Yeah, we're currently trying to figure out how to swing it. We're looking at going towards the end of Jan., so in order for it to be our honeymoon we'd have to be married before then. Squeee!! :twirl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! That means you'll only have like 6 months to plan! Good thing you're aiming for elopement!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, yeah, I don't think I even need 6 months to plan for the small wedding I want. I doubt the venue I'm leaning towards will have any issues with our possible dates since it'll be the off-season, and they provide bouquet/cake/decorations/officiant/etc., so all I'll need to do is find a dress and a nice place for our sitdown dinner/reception.

From my research the last couple of days, I honestly think the honeymoon is going to take more planning than the wedding!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't doubt it! Our (hopeful) plan of SF City Hall + a week in the city will be combined wedding/honeymoon and it'll take some leg work to plan from afar I think. At least we know some really kind PSers in the area!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited for you to come here!! And of course, if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I know some of you will be happy to hear that I'm finally going to the eye doctor today for a new prescription! :wink2:

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1336586214|3191237 said:
I'm so excited for you to come here!! And of course, if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Oh believe me! I will be enlisting help FOR SURE!

star sparkle|1336586649|3191254 said:
Oh, and I know some of you will be happy to hear that I'm finally going to the eye doctor today for a new prescription! :wink2:

And woo hoo!! Can't wait to see what you pick!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1336586837|3191256 said:
And woo hoo!! Can't wait to see what you pick!!

I ended up with some WAY CUTE frames that I love and can't wait to get! I was texting BF pictures of different frames on my face while I was at the store and we agreed that the ones I ordered were the cutest ever. Unfortunately I can't find a picture of them online, so I guess I'll have to wait to post until I actually get them! Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long.

audball

Ideal_Rock
YAY!! Can't wait to see the new specs!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo..I went dress shopping on Friday night because I thought I needed to find a cute summery dress that could take me day to evening on our anniversary next month. We'll be spending the day in Napa, and then going to a nice dinner in San Francisco so I didn't want to have to worry about changing clothes at any point.

Yeah, I ended up buying FOUR dresses. Hahaha, oops!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hahah! Awesome.

Any chance this trip will be THE trip!? :naughty:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1337017455|3194955 said:
Hahah! Awesome.

I sure hope so! But I'm going to try not to get my expectations/hopes up because obviously I'd hate to do that and then end up disappointed. We're going on a hot air balloon ride, though, and can you imagine a more perfect proposal setting than on a hot air balloon over the Napa Valley?! GAH!!

(This not-getting-my-hopes-up thing doesn't seem to be working)

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1337186616|3196603 said:
audball|1337017455|3194955 said:
Hahah! Awesome.

I sure hope so! But I'm going to try not to get my expectations/hopes up because obviously I'd hate to do that and then end up disappointed. We're going on a hot air balloon ride, though, and can you imagine a more perfect proposal setting than on a hot air balloon over the Napa Valley?! GAH!!

(This not-getting-my-hopes-up thing doesn't seem to be working)
OMG! He'd be a fool not to take advantage of that opportunity!! All my fingers crossed for you dear!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1337186675|3196605 said:
OMG! He'd be a fool not to take advantage of that opportunity!! All my fingers crossed for you dear!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

He would be, but he's a guy and therefore probably won't. Boys. :roll:

Thanks for the well wishes! :wavey:

In other news- I'm getting sick. I'm ok and surviving right now, but I have a feeling that I'm going to be completely miserable tomorrow. Not looking forward to it.

audball

Ideal_Rock
True!! I have all my fingers crossed for you though!!!

I hope you don't get too too sick...being sick sucks! At least you should have time to get over it if you do get sick before your trip!

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Fiji sounds amazing! I'm right there with you, as he got me sick! Boo! I feel like poop. UGh.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Feeling better, beesha? I've been sick since my post above, it sucks! I took Thursday and Friday off work because I just felt so awful, and I thought the weekend would be a nice time for me to just relax and help recover. But am I done being sick? NOPE! I'm still sick, although I came back to work today. :(

In other news, SO and I had another wedding conversation last night and it seems that we have a tentative date: 1/19/2013. :o He also informed me that he's "been thinking" :lol: and he has 5 people he wants to invite (dad, mom, mom's SO, best friend, best friend's fiancee). I have 5 people I'd like to invite as well (mom, brother, SIL, and SIL's parents (they were like a second set of parents to me growing up)), so it seems like we have our guest list finalized at 10. It's so funny and random how these conversations happen and evolve, considering we're still not even engaged!

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1337617274|3200256 said:
Feeling better, beesha? I've been sick since my post above, it sucks! I took Thursday and Friday off work because I just felt so awful, and I thought the weekend would be a nice time for me to just relax and help recover. But am I done being sick? NOPE! I'm still sick, although I came back to work today. :(

In other news, SO and I had another wedding conversation last night and it seems that we have a tentative date: 1/19/2013. :o He also informed me that he's "been thinking" :lol: and he has 5 people he wants to invite (dad, mom, mom's SO, best friend, best friend's fiancee). I have 5 people I'd like to invite as well (mom, brother, SIL, and SIL's parents (they were like a second set of parents to me growing up)), so it seems like we have our guest list finalized at 10. It's so funny and random how these conversations happen and evolve, considering we're still not even engaged!
I hope you both get to feeling better! Being sick sucks! :(

But squeeuueueeee!!!!! January 2013 is SO CLOSE! He's GOT to be planning to propose on your upcoming trip! Your guest list sounds perfect!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Star Sparkle, you must be walking on sunshine!

Any time I feel a little LIW-manic I log on to check in, and wind up leaving feeling.. more manic! Ha ha! :twirl: Oops. I am trying not to beat the dead horse re: talking about getting married, it can be hard work! I can't wait to be further down the LIW road!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca, I am!! At most I have only 2 weeks left of being a GF, and that prospect is exciting, scary, and exhilirating all at the same time! I went dress shopping yesterday and found a couple that I just adored.

I understand the whole manic-feeling thing. In the past couple of months I've started to start seriously looking at wedding stuff, and it has been both soothing AND making me more crazy. Weird!

cally_b

Rough_Rock
star sparkle|1336509227|3190376 said:
audball|1336504105|3190280 said:

Haha, thanks aud! We're definitely trying to find somewhere with awesome scuba diving (we've been diving together for almost a year now and we have a blast every single time we do it), and our front-runners for the honeymoon have been Belize and Fiji. Fiji will be a bit more pricey than Belize, but we figured that if we don't do it for the honeymoon, when else would be able to find an excuse to drop that much $$? I convinced him that it's a once-in-a-lifetime trip, so we may as well make it count!

Hey 8) I might be a little bias but Queensland (great barrier reef) has some amazing scuba diving sites (and snorkel sites if you just want a quick fix in the arvo!)...I've been to some lovely islands (lucky enough to live near by) and Heron Island is amazing (can snorkel right off the beach and dive sites are really close as it is actually on the reef itself). For a once in a lifetime trip though Orpheus Island is just WOW(further north QLD), have a look on trip advisor for some pics and reviews...the only thing that might not work is the timing January is storm season and there might be some cyclones (last year had a REALLY bad one- Cyclone Yasi) so best time to visit is more like Sept/Oct/Nov (get better visibility in the water and Sept is the end of whale migration and Nov is the start of turtle breeding) or March/April/May...January is also stinger season :o and box jellyfish are no fun!

I can relate to the waiting and anticipation of trips away- I think my SO will make it too obvious that it'll be "the trip" though coz he's such a dag lol!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hey cally_b! :wavey:

Thanks so much for the tips! FI and I definitely plan on embarking on many a dive trip in the coming years, and I know for sure the Great Barrier Reef is high on our list of places to dive. We're doing Fiji for our honeymoon, then probably Palau next summer/fall, but we'll get there as soon as we can!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC:

I realised the other day that winter must be so much more fun on the other side of the world. Snow! Christmas! Holidays! End of school year! I imagine that makes it feel much more magical than soggy grey July! No Independence Day, Thanksgiving or even Halloween to make it more interesting.

I feel we got the worse end of the deal here! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results