carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ouch.

I just finished day 3 of the 30 Day Shred. My mom and I are doing this together since we both want to lose weight. She's about an hour away, so we can't actually do it together (not that either of us really have room for two people jumping around anyway!). We've each been doing it on our own and e-mailing/calling the other.

Great motivation. I don't want to skip a day because I know she has back problems and losing weight is good for her. She's also been great at keeping me going because if my mom (who had back surgery a year ago) can do it then so can I.

We're both hoping to drop 10 pounds in the next 30 days.

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Congrats on your new program, Too! I admire your patience and determination!
Wishing you all the best!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Misaki!

My mom lost 2 pounds in the first three days. (just doing this 20 min/day program)
I'm so happy for her!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Misaki -- I've been following your other thread but haven't really had much time to post since my quarter just started. I don't think 20 is "too young" if both people are ready (my grandparents have been married over 50 years now!). Just be careful. You are a great person and I'd hate to see you hurt.

Ugh. Quarter started yesterday. I've got one uptight instructor who specifies the type of pencil & paper we use for homework and has even created a special numbering system for homework problems. Another instructor started out with a bad joke, moved on to pictures of his cat :love: , then more bad jokes... but he seems to know his stuff and is ready to help us learn. My third class is online so I'll never actually meet that instructor in person.

Oh! I almost forgot!
We took Millie in to get her toenails trimmed & smoothed. When we walked in to pick her up, one of the ladies looked at me and asked if I was there to pick up "the little black one.... with the ears" because "she is sooooooooo cute!" (this last bit was sort of squealed).
She certainly has ears! It is funny to watch her turn and flop them around :love:

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Thank you for reading my thread, TooPatient! I'm most grateful. I've talked with my partner today and it seems the only thing he is scared of is being unable to provide everything material for me. I told him I love him anyway and that we'll make it through together and that we'll work as a team to get all the things we need. Because in the end what matters most is love. He also told me he is ready anytime to get engaged, but he plans on proposing on "a sunny day". Sounds intriguing and I can't wait! :loopy:

Lol, your teachers seem funny and awesome! I still have this week left for vacation and I'll be starting on Monday. Not too eager to go back to school, especially since on the first day I have a Physiology test. :knockout:

As for Millie, I absolutely love cute pets! :love: I have 3 dogs: Jack, Zara and Fulga. Zara is by far the cutest, she is smart and eats a lot and has a lot of fur! :D Hooray for our pets!

Anyway, good luck in school and give my best to Millie! :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A test after a long break?!??! That is just wrong! (okay, I can actually see the benefit to it sometimes -- my chemistry instructor last quarter would teach new stuff right up to the day before a major exam and then test us on it the very next day... having an exam after the break meant that we had time to study ALL of the stuff that would be on the exam)

The engineering instructor is lightening up some. He wasn't quite as serious and quiet today. I'm hoping that I'll get assigned to a great project group (and that they'll all come over to my house to work on the project since we have the garage space and tools!). I always get nervous about group stuff... a good group can be a great experience, but a bad group can ruin a grade and make for a miserable quarter.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessie -- are you around? Hope you're doing okay!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Hi Too- Sorry I havent checked in Ladies. Been busy getting ready for school, made a wedding cake recently for a couple. Also, had some medical issues.

How was your holiday season?? How is school so far? School started TODAY for me, and UGH, its going to be a semester. Missed you Lady, it was my own fault for not checking in.

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Hey girls! Just saying hello. :) After dbf said something about him purchasing a ring, it's all i can think about! I'm so antsy! He said it won't be here till March. I can't imagine anything taking that long, but he could be trying to throw me off too. I don't know. Anyway...just saying hello. Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beesha77|1326893437|3105785 said:
Hey girls! Just saying hello. :) After dbf said something about him purchasing a ring, it's all i can think about! I'm so antsy! He said it won't be here till March. I can't imagine anything taking that long, but he could be trying to throw me off too. I don't know. Anyway...just saying hello. Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

Exciting!!
March is only 6 weeks away!

Any idea what it looks like or is it a surprise?

Nothing fun this weekend for me... big storm made a mess. Stuck at home for 4 days. No power for 24 hours. Broken fence. :nono:
We did a quick repair on the fence but it is so rotten and torn up that we've got to replace it. It is one of those shared fences with a neighbor (the one creepy guy in the neighborhood :rolleyes: ) so I've got to get a quote on replacing it and talk to creepy guy to see if he'd be willing to pay half or at least make sure he is okay with us paying to replace it.

How about your weekend? Anything fun (other than the ring news, of course!)?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessie702|1326860805|3105634 said:
Hi Too- Sorry I havent checked in Ladies. Been busy getting ready for school, made a wedding cake recently for a couple. Also, had some medical issues.

How was your holiday season?? How is school so far? School started TODAY for me, and UGH, its going to be a semester. Missed you Lady, it was my own fault for not checking in.

Jessie! :wavey:

Hope you're feeling better. Medical stuff is awful, especially when you're busy with work and getting ready for school!

Ooooo -- a wedding cake?? That sounds fun! How did it turn out?

What classes are you taking this semester?

My quarter started on Jan 3 so I've been at it for a few weeks now, but it is crazy! I feel like I'm just swamped and have no idea what is going on in two of my classes. It all seems to make sense in class, but then I sit down to do problems at home and can't figure out what I'm doing. I've got Physics 2 (calc based), statics (my first actual engineering class), and microeconomics this quarter (15 credits). Thanks to statics only being offered one class session, I had to cut my work hours (and pay ;( ) by a 1/4. I'd really hoped to be able to quit, but my loans don't cover enough for me to do that. I'm doing okay so far with still being stuck here since it is only about 3 hours a day.

Being stuck at home because of snow stinks. Big time. We live near the top of a hill so things were a mess. They even parked a BIG tow truck in our cul-de-sac and used a smaller one to haul cars off the side of the hill up to the big one. It snowed. Lots. Then melted some. Then snowed more. Then froze (down to 15 one day). Then melted a bit. Repeat until an icy nightmare.

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Physics and calc just sounds yuck!! :lol: I stink at math and barely passed physics! And all the snow and slush you're talking about...I like the snow for like...a day. LOL. I lived in Chicago for 4 years and would never want to do that again!! I don't envy you!

As for the ring, he knows i want a halo and a cushion but the rest is up to him. He's gotten plenty of pictures from me! :oops: But i'm trying to be patient and tell myself that March is right around the corner but everyday it seems like an eternity! :bigsmile: We have been looking at places to vacation for the honeymoon and there is so much to look at i wish someone would do it for me! Do travel agents even exist anymore?? Cuz i feel like that's what i need! I just posted a thread in the hangout.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, congrats on the new program. I cant imgaine doing Calc and Physics together. AT THE SAME TIME. I hate math, so that wouldnt work for me. That would just be an awful semester. I dont know how you do it, but i think i respect you a bit more.

Im sorry I didnt check in this week, its been the week from hell, as far as being busy goes. I got into a Research assistant program here in town, so I had to go through all of the paperwork and work for that which included, becoming a volunteer for the hospital for which the research is being conduted at. Going through a 2 step TB test, going to a orientation for the hospital, doing a 2 day online course( were they track your IP and what your doing at that time) on research subjects rights, different codes and rules, regulations, who approves the research, HIPAA regulations, FDA regulations, IRB regulations, along with a lot of other acryonms. Also had to do a 4 hour orientation for the research program, go through badging for the hospital. On top of my chemistry club officer in training duties and meetings, and regular classes and homework. O and did I mention, my sister wrote me a letter stating she is offerring me an apology, but not really since she feels that im a selfish person, and that I dont have time for her, or do anything for HER mother( she stated that in the letter). That I dont care for her, and when she was going to commit sucide I was only there for her for 15 minutes, I guess she forgot about how I spent the night with her the night before, and pulled her out of the shower after downing a bottle of wine and some nerve pills. O, and when her mother and I fight, I am her enemy, but she wants to offer an apology and wants us to be sisters again :shock: :D .

So that was my week, and hence me being away from my lovely ladies. O, and I loved your story on your babies paws, I need to see pictures of her, I bet she is HUGE now.

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Hi, there! That must have been a really tough week, Jessie! :( But anyway, I'm sure things will look up soon!

As for me...I'm in session :geek: . That is the period in which exams are taken. It lasts for about a month. The day after tomorrow, I'll take anatomy. I already took Histology and got an 8 out of 10 and that made me soooo mad! Especially since I knew the teacher that examined me, I looked up to her *a lot* and the most important...I feel like I studied harder and that I knew enough to get at least a 9. Anyway, maybe in the fall I'll go for an "upgrade", as it is called in my country; meaning I'll take the test again.
For now, I'm really terrified of Anatomy. This semester I've studied the digestive, genital and urinary tracts, together with their embriology. I feel like I can't remember anything.

But, on Monday I'll take the exam and hopefully everything will be alright.
I hope you guys are ok and look forward to hearing from you! :twirl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beesha77|1327609889|3112410 said:
Physics and calc just sounds yuck!! :lol: I stink at math and barely passed physics! And all the snow and slush you're talking about...I like the snow for like...a day. LOL. I lived in Chicago for 4 years and would never want to do that again!! I don't envy you!

As for the ring, he knows i want a halo and a cushion but the rest is up to him. He's gotten plenty of pictures from me! :oops: But i'm trying to be patient and tell myself that March is right around the corner but everyday it seems like an eternity! :bigsmile: We have been looking at places to vacation for the honeymoon and there is so much to look at i wish someone would do it for me! Do travel agents even exist anymore?? Cuz i feel like that's what i need! I just posted a thread in the hangout.

I'm so excited for you to get to see it! I'm sure it will be just perfect!

Honeymoon looking is great! I've never been out of the country (and barely out of the state :nono: ) so I can't really be much help there, but good luck. The ladies over in hangout are so well traveled I'm sure they'll be able to help lots.

Chicago winters?!?!! Ick! I've heard they're awful!
Luckily, we don't get that much snow often (like every few years)... of course that means we're all less than prepared when it does snow.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MisakiChan|1327733054|3113677 said:
Hi, there! That must have been a really tough week, Jessie! :( But anyway, I'm sure things will look up soon!

As for me...I'm in session :geek: . That is the period in which exams are taken. It lasts for about a month. The day after tomorrow, I'll take anatomy. I already took Histology and got an 8 out of 10 and that made me soooo mad! Especially since I knew the teacher that examined me, I looked up to her *a lot* and the most important...I feel like I studied harder and that I knew enough to get at least a 9. Anyway, maybe in the fall I'll go for an "upgrade", as it is called in my country; meaning I'll take the test again.
For now, I'm really terrified of Anatomy. This semester I've studied the digestive, genital and urinary tracts, together with their embriology. I feel like I can't remember anything.

Good luck!!

Sorry you aren't happy with your Histology score. Hopefully you can re-take it and get something you're happy with.
How many exams do you have to take? Are you in regular classes during this time too?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessie702|1327732592|3113674 said:
Oooo, congrats on the new program. I cant imgaine doing Calc and Physics together. AT THE SAME TIME. I hate math, so that wouldnt work for me. That would just be an awful semester. I dont know how you do it, but i think i respect you a bit more.

Im sorry I didnt check in this week, its been the week from hell, as far as being busy goes. I got into a Research assistant program here in town, so I had to go through all of the paperwork and work for that which included, becoming a volunteer for the hospital for which the research is being conduted at. Going through a 2 step TB test, going to a orientation for the hospital, doing a 2 day online course( were they track your IP and what your doing at that time) on research subjects rights, different codes and rules, regulations, who approves the research, HIPAA regulations, FDA regulations, IRB regulations, along with a lot of other acryonms. Also had to do a 4 hour orientation for the research program, go through badging for the hospital. On top of my chemistry club officer in training duties and meetings, and regular classes and homework. O and did I mention, my sister wrote me a letter stating she is offerring me an apology, but not really since she feels that im a selfish person, and that I dont have time for her, or do anything for HER mother( she stated that in the letter). That I dont care for her, and when she was going to commit sucide I was only there for her for 15 minutes, I guess she forgot about how I spent the night with her the night before, and pulled her out of the shower after downing a bottle of wine and some nerve pills. O, and when her mother and I fight, I am her enemy, but she wants to offer an apology and wants us to be sisters again :shock: :D .

So that was my week, and hence me being away from my lovely ladies. O, and I loved your story on your babies paws, I need to see pictures of her, I bet she is HUGE now.

Sorry your sister is being that way. Don't let her get to you. She's probably just jealous that you are working hard to make your own life.

Congratulations on the r.a. program! That should look great on your resume and transfer papers for med school! What sort of stuff are you going to be doing? Do you get school credit for it too? You're going to have a busy semester with all of that volunteer stuff and classes! Remember to take care of yourself too.

Millie is only about 28 pounds so she isn't too big. Her ears are HUGE though :love: :love:

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
TooPatient|1327948668|3114959 said:

Good luck!!

Sorry you aren't happy with your Histology score. Hopefully you can re-take it and get something you're happy with.
How many exams do you have to take? Are you in regular classes during this time too?

Well, I have to take 5 exams this session. Session means a period of about a month during which we don't attend classes, but instead we stay home and study from dusk till dawn (or more) for the upcoming exam. The period between each exam varies. For example, we had 4 days for Histology, 6 for Anatomy (got a 9/10, I'm so proud) and the next one is Physiology, next Thursday. So we have 9 days to study for Physiology! I'm really scared of this one, it is the hardest exam this term because of a professor who invented a new type of exam, in which you can get a negative score. Anyway, I hope I pass it; that's all I want out of it!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MisakiChan|1327950671|3114975 said:
TooPatient|1327948668|3114959 said:

Good luck!!

Well, I have to take 5 exams this session. Session means a period of about a month during which we don't attend classes, but instead we stay home and study from dusk till dawn (or more) for the upcoming exam. The period between each exam varies. For example, we had 4 days for Histology, 6 for Anatomy (got a 9/10, I'm so proud) and the next one is Physiology, next Thursday. So we have 9 days to study for Physiology! I'm really scared of this one, it is the hardest exam this term because of a professor who invented a new type of exam, in which you can get a negative score. Anyway, I hope I pass it; that's all I want out of it!!

9/10 is great!

Eek! Negative score? I don't see how that would work.

Good luck! Keep studying and you'll do great!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had no sleep for the last 3 nights. Our older dog (18-19 years old) has been having problems at night. I'm not sure what is going on with her since she's had more energy during the days and is looking healthier than she has for months. But at night.... Eeek. She starts at about 1am and keeps going until morning (7am). The first night was every hour or so needing to go outside. By last night (3rd night of this) she was up to about every 20 minutes needing outside.

We did try giving her goat's milk to help make sure her digestion is healthy, so it is possible those 4 days of goat milk (in addition to food) are what is causing problems. She also had an ear mite problem (we have been using drops and they seem to be gone now) so maybe that is part of it?

I think the most likely problem is that she's losing her vision (maybe just night vision?) and gets anxious at night.

She is the sweetest dog ever. She's my 70 pound lap puppy! I'm not ready to lose her and I'm afraid we might be getting close. She's happy and comfortable most of the time. No real health problems to speak of...

We quit giving her the goat's milk after the first night awake. We'll keep skipping that for now in case it is causing this. I'll also leave the lights on for her tonight so it isn't dark (she slept outside for an hour this morning and seemed to be happier out there on the porch with the light than she was in the dark living room)

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwww, Im so sorry about your baby. It sucks, because our animals arent able to tells us what is wrong with them. Maybe if she isnt feeling better you take her to the vet.

Awwww, I wanna see the furbabie Mille. I love big floppy ears, that and cold wet noses.

The saga with the family continues, adn im sick and tired of it. Its just getting old, last night my mother told me that I was a mean adn evil-spirited person for writing what I did backt o my sister in a letter. Even though I told her the truth. I love how im alwas the wrong one. Its never enough

Side note, where do you get goats milk?? Ive never had it, I wonder if ti would be okay for some who is lactose intolerant.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Running to get new car tabs so I just have a minute...

The goats milk we get comes from the pet supply shop. It is small and only carries high quality stuff so it isn't just a chain store. The stuff we buy says for animal consumption only.

I like almond milk for good non-dairy option.

inflorescence

Shiny_Rock
Alright this is super random, but I can't find it anywhere. There is a classmate who's name I know "Dahn" but I have no idea how to pronounce it.. is it Dan, or Don?!?! I am in the position where it is far past the point of asking how to pronounce their name... Google was no help to me. haha.
Thanks ladies
Cheers!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pronunciation would be "Don"

I always feel bad because I'm lousy at pronouncing names and even worse at remembering names (not just names of people who came from other countries -- I forget all names). It is so embarassing to have to ask someone you've been getting together with for 2+ years what their name is again...

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
How is everyone?? Still no ring but he's waiting for it. I think it will be ready this week. He has the CAD image and it is burning a hole in his pocket even though he doesn't have it!! It's so sweet. He keeps grinning and saying he can't wait to give it to me. Ugh! It's killing me too! I think if he gets it this week he may give it to me this weekend, if not then next weekend. I can't imagine him being able to hold onto it for very long. It's driving him crazy.

Is anyone worried it may be a horrific summer? I thought last year was bad but it was already hot yesterday standing in the sun watching my boys play t-ball. i can't imagine that it's only March and what it will be like come July. YUCK!

So who's seen the Hunger Games? I am on the third book and hoping to see the movie this coming weekend. I heard the movie was great but of course the book is better i'm sure! :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beesha77|1332778150|3156610 said:
How is everyone?? Still no ring but he's waiting for it. I think it will be ready this week. He has the CAD image and it is burning a hole in his pocket even though he doesn't have it!! It's so sweet. He keeps grinning and saying he can't wait to give it to me. Ugh! It's killing me too! I think if he gets it this week he may give it to me this weekend, if not then next weekend. I can't imagine him being able to hold onto it for very long. It's driving him crazy.

Is anyone worried it may be a horrific summer? I thought last year was bad but it was already hot yesterday standing in the sun watching my boys play t-ball. i can't imagine that it's only March and what it will be like come July. YUCK!

So who's seen the Hunger Games? I am on the third book and hoping to see the movie this coming weekend. I heard the movie was great but of course the book is better i'm sure! :wavey:

Hi Beesha!

That is exciting! I can't wait to see pictures! It sounds like it'll be soon-- it is so sweet that he's so excited.

Hot? We're still hearing about the possibility of snow! (which it did several times last week...)
This weather is crazy. You are all too hot and we're still having to scrape ice off the car :rolleyes: I don't know what to expect of the summer. It could be extra long and hot or it could be like last summer (relatively cool with leaves turning color as early as July!).

I haven't seen the movie yet. Maybe I'll read the books first and then watch when it comes out on BluRay?

We've been busy getting a new cat settled into our home. Long story, but my mom is moving and needed homes for a couple of her cats. Buddy (formerly named Daddy Kitty) is this sweet black cat she rescued (along with Mama Kitty and their kittens). He's been with us since Saturday and seems to be relaxing a bit. Poor guy went from being the biggest cat in the house to the smallest! He's also adjusting to our older dog. The big challenge is still Millie (who is now about 18 months and super full of energy...) but I'm sure once they get used to each other they'll be good friends.

Here's a picture of Buddy watching Sven. He's gotten a lot more adventurous over the last couple of days and is now out wandering the house and even sleeping in bed with us. (at one time last night, we had all three cats in bed!)

IMG_1666.JPG

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
What sweet kitties! We have 2 kitties and our orange tabby is the best. He loves the boys. Way more than he loves me! :lol: That's awesome that they're all getting along.

audball

Ideal_Rock
beesha77|1332778150|3156610 said:

I read all three books in about 5 days. I could NOT put them down! They were great. The movie was really good, I thought, though there were a few things they changed that I wasn't thrilled about. I'm curious to see how those changes play out in the next two films based on what happens next in the book.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1334158768|3168441 said:
I read all three books in about 5 days. I could NOT put them down! They were great. The movie was really good, I thought, though there were a few things they changed that I wasn't thrilled about. I'm curious to see how those changes play out in the next two films based on what happens next in the book.

Ditto every single part of this! All in all I thought the movie was a pretty good adaptation, but it's so hard to capture the essence of the oppression that comes through so clearly in the book. Can't wait for the next movie!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results