shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Heres our Christmas Tree.....below is C's orginal Pooh Bear....Im going to put the pooh bear under it that we bought while on vacation at Disneyworld.

Las_Vegas-20111127-00080.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!

Sorry to hear about the friend's wife... I guess I shouldn't be surprised though -- she probably has no idea how exhausting cooking a meal like that can be.
Your dinner sounds like it turned out great though!

We went to my grandparents' house on Thanksgiving. Was mixed night. My grandparents and mom tried really hard to make the meal with no dairy so we could join them (B and I drove over an hour to get there the night before to bring non-dairy butter, almond milk, and tofutti cream cheese). Most of my family couldn't make it :appl: :appl: :appl:
This was the first time B has spent a holiday with my family. (I haven't been there with my family for many years). Went pretty well (he's met them all, I just don't do holidays with them due to mega drama that usually happens).

Friday (day after that), we cooked our 24 pounds of turkey (12 lb stuffed/roasted, 12 lb smoked) with all the sides.

Been a massively crazy week. Not bad exactly, and actually some good. Just SUPER busy everywhere.

Had my last "mid-term" in chemistry today. Have my physics FINAL (eek!) on Monday morning then chemistry final the next day.
Homeworks & labs due in both classes.

Crazy insanity at work (I'll tell you more when I get a minute)... bad enough to prompt me to apply for student loans so that I can quit! (hopefully will be able to stop working there some time in Jan or so)

I have health insurance as of January 1!!!!!! I am SOOOOoooo excited. Medical, dental, and vision!
B's company changed their policy so I can now qualify as family!! (about time! In a huge company like this, you'd think a lot of people are living together and not married yet!)

Oh.... and we've got a cat coming tomorrow night to stay with us for "a couple of months".... yeah.... not sure how this will go, but we'll see.

Anyway, I've got to get back to my homework. Still got lots to do and it is absolutely due tomorrow morning. (actually due this afternoon, but she is letting me bring it in the morning)

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Oh, I'm so happy for your medical insurance, TooPatient! :D

I'm having my last test this year on Thursday...it's a Microbiology test. I got an A+ in Anatomy, but I still have to find out my grades in Histology and Physiology. Can't wait to get through the next week! :D

Good luck to everyone!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MisakiChan|1322815263|3072854 said:
Oh, I'm so happy for your medical insurance, TooPatient! :D

I'm having my last test this year on Thursday...it's a Microbiology test. I got an A+ in Anatomy, but I still have to find out my grades in Histology and Physiology. Can't wait to get through the next week! :D

Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations on an A+!

Good luck on the rest of your exams and grades!

Isn't is so wonderful to be just ALMOST DONE?! (well.... until next quarter)

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O wow, it sounds like you had a good thanksgiving.

Congrats on the health insurance, I know what a pain it can be without it. I know, because I dont have any. :nono:

Good Luck on your exams, I think my final week is after yours, its starts on the 12th ;( ...

O, and Vegas is under a Freeze watch right now until Sunday Morning ;( ......and I am volunterring at the community garden tommorow, by the time I get there the high will be 42 ;( :nono: .

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Well, officially, my last week starts on the 19th. That week I have this stupid English "exam". It's more like a 2-hour test and it's a new concept, because the English dept at my Uni this year got a new "perspective" on how the grading system should be. :sick: Anyway, I'm not feeling nervous about it, it can't be that hard.

Oh, Jessie, I hope you keep warm and have an easy job! :D

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessie --What's a freeze watch?
Hope everything goes great and turns out well for your volunteer job at the garden.

Misaki -- How did your exams go? I hope your instructors are quick graders so you don't have to wait too long!

Physics final exam was this morning... yikes. I'll pass the class, but I'm not expecting a great (or even okay) grade.
Chemistry exam tomorrow afternoon. I took the day off of work tomorrow so I can study and relax some before going in. (massive drama had me all tense for the last test so I did even worse than I might have. And I was almost late to class because of road work :nono: )

I'm sleeping in some tomorrow and then B and I are going to have a nice relaxe breakfast at this great bakery near the building he works in. They've got great coffee & tea & baked stuff. We're both excited to try their crepes!

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Oh, I'm afraid I have some bad news. I just find out I have another test next week, so no relaxing for me until the 20th I think.
Some of my teachers are quick graders, indeed. But some forget about our tests and we don't know our grades until the big exam. Anyway, these tests are not that important...just for our Professors to get an idea of how we've progressed during the semester.

Good luck to you on your exam! I'm sure you'll do great! :D

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Too-How were the crepes? Sorry about the physics exam, but look at it this way, your almost done.

Mis- Good luck on your exam hon,Im sure youll do fine

A freeze watch is when the temperature gets down to freezing temps, so 32F. They announce it on the news, and tell you to bring in pets, and prepare the house,like covering your pipes just in case they freeze. This morning when I woke up, the temp was 24, and the temp right now is 43. I think our high is 49, and than we drop back down. I enjoy the cold weather, but wrapping pipes and resetting the pool pump can be a pain. Looks like its going to be a cold winter this year for us.

So I got my grade back on one of my papers, and i got 60 out of 75 possible points. YAY....now im just waiting to find out what I got on my BNS paper.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MisakiChan|1323160438|3075130 said:
Oh, I'm afraid I have some bad news. I just find out I have another test next week, so no relaxing for me until the 20th I think.
Some of my teachers are quick graders, indeed. But some forget about our tests and we don't know our grades until the big exam. Anyway, these tests are not that important...just for our Professors to get an idea of how we've progressed during the semester.

Good luck to you on your exam! I'm sure you'll do great! :D

Sorry you've got more to do! Just a little more to go...

Not that important?!? I think your schooling system there makes a lot of sense if they don't put so much pressure on a single exam!
My physics final exam is 30% of my overall grade and the chemistry exam is 20%. (in chemistry, this plus 3 other exams over the quarter make up 70% of my grade :-o )....... Not that great if you get nervous and forget it all as soon as you sit down with the exam!

Had my chemistry exam yesterday aftenoon so now I am DONE for the quarter. Just have to wait to get my grades from the classes. I'm especially worried about physics since it is a prerequisite for a class I'm already registered for next quarter and if my grade isn't good enough the computer will automatically remove me from that class.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!

I don't know if I'm excited to go or nervous! Either way.... OMGOMGOMG!

Sorry.... I just looked at the website of the place B and I are going TOMORROW night for his team's "holiday party"....
This golf club is just stunning! I mean.... WOW. Absolutely beautiful views. Gorgeous event areas. Menus to make you drool. Just plain amazing looking!

Which leads to.... OMGOMGOMGOMG!!

This isn't some semi-formal (pants okay) sort of office party. This is somewhere between 200-400 people in a fancy (expensive) white linen sort of place (that I'd love to have a wedding in but get the feeling that if you have to ask how much to rent then you can't possibly afford).

I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!!!!!!!!

Okay... on to productive solution -- I have to stop and try on evening dresses after work. Something classic. Little Black Dress would be perfect I think (classic enough to fit as formal as they'd be likely to go, basic enough to not be over dressed if it is less formal than the pictures make it look). I LOVE the LBD I already own, but I've added an extra 60 pounds since I bought it...
Hmm... might go take a look and see if they still sell it and have one in stock.

OooooO!!!! I wonder if that amazing place I visited the other day rents jewelry?!?!
My rings aren't fitting right now (dang extra weight :nono: ) and while I might be able to squeeze into them by tomorrow (I'm down 7 pounds over the last 2 weeks), I'd like some sparkly back up just in case!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, Lets us know how the shopping goes, I would be excited and Nervous. Also, Congrats on being done, its a nice feeling :bigsmile:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessie702|1323200342|3075457 said:
Too-How were the crepes? Sorry about the physics exam, but look at it this way, your almost done.

Mis- Good luck on your exam hon,Im sure youll do fine

A freeze watch is when the temperature gets down to freezing temps, so 32F. They announce it on the news, and tell you to bring in pets, and prepare the house,like covering your pipes just in case they freeze. This morning when I woke up, the temp was 24, and the temp right now is 43. I think our high is 49, and than we drop back down. I enjoy the cold weather, but wrapping pipes and resetting the pool pump can be a pain. Looks like its going to be a cold winter this year for us.

So I got my grade back on one of my papers, and i got 60 out of 75 possible points. YAY....now im just waiting to find out what I got on my BNS paper.

How is your house and everything doing with the cold?

60/75 is good! I hope you hear back with a great grade on your other paper too.

The crepes were good. B had a veggie filled crepe and I had strawberries with a vanilla sauce. The coffee was nice too. Nice way to start the day.
Oh.... the guy did refuse to make the coffee I had ordered! All I wanted was a raspberry mocha. I had one from them the other day (office for female exams :knockout: is just around the corner so after that I figured I deserved a yummy treat) and it was SOOooo good. Well, this guy refused to make it. I thought he said they were out of raspberry, but he had a bottle right there so I explained again (figuring he's still learning?) that all he had to do was make a regular mocha but add a couple of pumps of raspberry. Apparently they don't do that there... They try to keep everything they serve as authentic to what is served in France as possible and the DO NOT "add fruity syrups to our drinks like Starbucks"!
Whatever. The dark chocolate mocha was good anyway and I found it more funny than anything.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Too, Its cold. LoL...Thats all I can think.

O man, that guy sounds like a butt hole, even though thats not the word im thinking of. Goodness and im sure they make" fruity" coffee drinks in france. JERK

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found a dress!

Last night I tried on LOTS of dresses and finally found one that is comfortable, fits nice, and was in my budget. Nothing too fancy. Just a basic black dress. Clean/classic enough to be worn for more formal or less formal.
Might even pull out my cashmere wrap to add a bit of color.

No added sparklies yet. Not sure if I'll have time. Hoping to at least get my rings cleaned!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I owe you guys lots of pictures!

The dress was perfect for the night. Most of the women were wearing LBD so it was just the right thing. My cashmere wrap added nice color (and I FINALLY got to wear it after 2 years of having it tucked away!). No new sparklies. No rented sparklies. Just wore my e-ring and b-day ring (I still need to post pics :nono: ).

Anyway, I'll try to post more details (and maybe some pics) tomorrow.

How are you both doing with classes/exams?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I so want to see pictures. I had a final tommorow, the rest of next week. Im on my way to school to do some studying and than ill be making sandwiches for the homeless and delivering them. We got lots of donations so it will be a good day.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did the finals go?

Sorry to be missing so much this week. Work is crazy right now and I'm trying especially hard (not that it takes much recently) to look super busy from the minute I walk through the door until the minute I leave (plus taking more work home with me)...
I know my "annual review" where we all three sit down and talk about what I am (or am not) doing right and what they or I would like to see changed in the next year. Plus I get my "raise" (whole $20/month :rolleyes: ).
This year, I'm expecting a lot of concerns (my changing schedule due to school) from them plus I have to cut my hours back -- and, honestly, I'm trying to push it off until I know when my student loan will be here so I can just QUIT.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Im FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did my LAST final TODAY, and im DONE. YAY.....How did your finals go??? Im sorry things are bit confusing.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessie702|1323997917|3082557 said:
Im FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did my LAST final TODAY, and im DONE. YAY.....How did your finals go??? Im sorry things are bit confusing.

Yay!!!! You're all done too!!!

I don't get to know what grade I got on my finals, but I did get my grades for the quarter. Chemistry is B-. Physics C+.
Not great, but it was a miserable quarter with just too much going on. I've reached the point where the classes need my full attention so I need to leave my job (rather than adding an extra 1 1/2 - 2 hours of driving plus 3-7 hours per day of actual working).

How did your finals go?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
My classes and Finals were tough. I got a C in my Bio class, which is bad. Means I would have failed Med school :???: . I got a B in behavioral neuroscience, B in Developemental Psy, B in Food and Bevarage, now im just waiting to find out what I got in Piano. Which will most likely be a C, since that was a tough class and even harder professor. I have to work SUPER hard next semester to make up for the C in Bio

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Happy Holidays Ladies!!! See ya in the New Year

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessie702|1324517686|3086504 said:
Happy Holidays Ladies!!! See ya in the New Year

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas & a great New Year's!

Don't stress the bio class, you did your best and it sounds like you did pretty good in your others. You'll do better in the next quarter!

I'll be around on and off for the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping to catch up on some stuff around the house (like helping B install the light fixture in the office -- so I can FINALLY post pics of the furniture) and get a head start on reading the chapters for next quarter.

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Finally, school's out! The well-deserved Christmas vacation is here!! :appl:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone! :D

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MisakiChan|1324573519|3086818 said:
Finally, school's out! The well-deserved Christmas vacation is here!! :appl:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone! :D

Yay!!!

Do you get your grades before Christmas so you can just relax and enjoy?

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
TooPatient|1324578528|3086873 said:
Yay!!!

Do you get your grades before Christmas so you can just relax and enjoy?

No, unfortunately I don't know my grades in Histology and Microbiology. Anyway, these were just tests, they don't really matter. The exam session starts on the 23rd of January and ends on the 17th of February.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
What are you doing for the holidays Ladies???

Not much here, since im sick. Going to have something tommorow night, but not much.

I wonder where BG is??? I miss that lady

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessie702|1324697138|3087829 said:
What are you doing for the holidays Ladies???

Not much here, since im sick. Going to have something tommorow night, but not much.

I wonder where BG is??? I miss that lady

I miss her too. I hope she's busy enjoying married life!

Sorry you are sick. That must be especially tough over the holiday.

We aren't doing much. We're Jewish so just lighting Chanukah candles and maybe making jelly doughnuts (sufgoniote).

Oh.... I did get a coupon in my e-mail for $100 off my purchase of $300 or more at a jewelry store in the area :bigsmile:
So we just had to go use it! Actually, I'd been wanting a bracelet for some time since I don't have any. They had one I liked. I'd still like to get my diamond tennis bracelet again some day, but for now the colored stone will be good.

Here is a long over-due picture of my late b-day present we got in July.

IMG_1567.JPG

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue Topaz bracelet. Nothing too fancy, just set in sterling silver. It is something I'll feel comfortable wearing to work & school without worrying about damage.

IMG_1575.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results