shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a big change in GPA. You're really working hard to get it brought up higher!

I think I did okay on the chemistry exam today (at least a C, but I'm hoping for a B). At least it felt like it went pretty well. My physics exam starts in less than 12 hours and I'm just now getting a chance to study (printing review stuff right now). I'm really not ready for that one either.

B and me? I don't know. I'd started to think we were making progress but this evening was a big step back again. Thing is that I don't think he realizes just how upset I am. I just don't have the energy to deal with talking right now. The exam tomorrow was already enough stess to leave me feeling sick. Now I'm just nauseous and yuck. I've got to just set it aside for right now and focus on what I have to study. After we've both had time to relax and the stress of my exams are past, maybe we can talk about stuff better. Honestly, I want to cry and really need someone to hold me and reasure me that it will all be okay. I just don't have anyone in my life to do that (except usually B) and I don't feel comfortable talking to our friends/family IRL because I don't want any hurt feelings/judgement/picking-sides thing to go on.

Anyway.... I better go study. Have a good night.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1319168498|3044633 said:
That's a big change in GPA. You're really working hard to get it brought up higher!

I think I did okay on the chemistry exam today (at least a C, but I'm hoping for a B). At least it felt like it went pretty well. My physics exam starts in less than 12 hours and I'm just now getting a chance to study (printing review stuff right now). I'm really not ready for that one either.

B and me? I don't know. I'd started to think we were making progress but this evening was a big step back again. Thing is that I don't think he realizes just how upset I am. I just don't have the energy to deal with talking right now. The exam tomorrow was already enough stess to leave me feeling sick. Now I'm just nauseous and yuck. I've got to just set it aside for right now and focus on what I have to study. After we've both had time to relax and the stress of my exams are past, maybe we can talk about stuff better. Honestly, I want to cry and really need someone to hold me and reasure me that it will all be okay. I just don't have anyone in my life to do that (except usually B) and I don't feel comfortable talking to our friends/family IRL because I don't want any hurt feelings/judgement/picking-sides thing to go on.

Anyway.... I better go study. Have a good night.

Its a huge change, but still not good enough yet. Boo....

Oooo, C is good, its a good start. The nice thing is, you can usually pull a C up to a B easily.

Sorry about the Physics exam...i cant even imagine studying for it, o wait, i have to do that in the fall. :blackeye: :evil:

Im so sorry about B, im here to talk hon if you need it. I cant hold you physically, but i can talk to you on here, and comfort you if need be.

Go study, and check in tommorow and let me know how it went.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jessie. Talking with you on here really does help.

Well... I just failed my physics exam.
I won't know my grade until Monday, but I'd be shocked if I didn't fail. There were 5 questions (worth the same number of points) and I left 3 of them pretty much blank and only mostly finished the other 2. I'd expect something like a 40-50% :nono:

Time to move on. I'm getting started on my chemistry homework and lab prep this morning so I've got a head start for the weekend. I have to have my chem lab & physics lab prep done by Sunday evening since both labs are on Monday next week. I'm also trying to have my chem HW packet and physics HW done by Sunday also even though it isn't due until Tuesday or later.

Also for this weekend (lots more fun than HW!) -- we have to get our office at home cleaned up with most things boxed and stacked in the closet so that we can move in out new office furniture next week (yay!!!).
We've been using the cheapest plastic/metal outdoor work table sort of thing from Ikea and our old cheapest Ikea dining table as desks. The guy in the office next door to where I work is moving to a new location and selling all of his office furniture.... so I bought it! The office has been bugging me forever and is really too cluttered/cramped from lack of actual office furniture that it is hard to do any school work in there. I hadn't planned on looking at the furniture, but the guy sort of pulled me in and pointed (I really liked it but didn't want to bother asking the price because I was sure it was $$$$) - then I saw the signs in the hallway..... $500 (obo)!!
No one else bought it so he gave it to me for $350 --- and is letting me mail a check in a few feeks when (hopefully) my financial aid comes in.
I'm soooooo excited to get the office cleaned up. I just really hope it works out okay and he doesn't change his mind or something.

ETA: I sort of regret buying the stuff because we have other things that money could/should go to, but I really need to be able to do school work in the office and since we're also trying to get prepared for the possibility of having to run a business out of there, we really really need to get it organized and usable.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1319216120|3044841 said:
Thanks Jessie. Talking with you on here really does help.

Well... I just failed my physics exam.
I won't know my grade until Monday, but I'd be shocked if I didn't fail. There were 5 questions (worth the same number of points) and I left 3 of them pretty much blank and only mostly finished the other 2. I'd expect something like a 40-50% :nono:

Time to move on. I'm getting started on my chemistry homework and lab prep this morning so I've got a head start for the weekend. I have to have my chem lab & physics lab prep done by Sunday evening since both labs are on Monday next week. I'm also trying to have my chem HW packet and physics HW done by Sunday also even though it isn't due until Tuesday or later.

Also for this weekend (lots more fun than HW!) -- we have to get our office at home cleaned up with most things boxed and stacked in the closet so that we can move in out new office furniture next week (yay!!!).
We've been using the cheapest plastic/metal outdoor work table sort of thing from Ikea and our old cheapest Ikea dining table as desks. The guy in the office next door to where I work is moving to a new location and selling all of his office furniture.... so I bought it! The office has been bugging me forever and is really too cluttered/cramped from lack of actual office furniture that it is hard to do any school work in there. I hadn't planned on looking at the furniture, but the guy sort of pulled me in and pointed (I really liked it but didn't want to bother asking the price because I was sure it was $$$$) - then I saw the signs in the hallway..... $500 (obo)!!
No one else bought it so he gave it to me for $350 --- and is letting me mail a check in a few feeks when (hopefully) my financial aid comes in.
I'm soooooo excited to get the office cleaned up. I just really hope it works out okay and he doesn't change his mind or something.

ETA: I sort of regret buying the stuff because we have other things that money could/should go to, but I really need to be able to do school work in the office and since we're also trying to get prepared for the possibility of having to run a business out of there, we really really need to get it organized and usable.

I enjoy talking to you on here too.

Im so sorry about the Physics exam, ive learned sometimes its just better wo write something in the place, than nothing. At least I tried, and some professors and TA's give partial credit. I never leave a spot blank, but thats just me. Sometimes im better at BSING a quesiton I dont know. Ha, i think my TA's knows this too. LoL...

I know how you feel about the homework. All but 2 of my class( Not including lab) doesnt do homeowrk, just exams. I kinda of hate that, because HW keeps you on track. Hopefully you can get it done before the weekend.

Congrats on the office furinture, thats a really good price for it. I know how you feel about wanting the office to be nice. C and I's office is storage right now, theres nothing but boxes in it, an old computer and the doggy stroller. Hopefully we can get a little work room( the ones you put outside) in the backyard soon, so that can be converted to another room. What doe sthe furinture look like?? Are you going to paint the room too?? Whats the plan for the room, I want pictures when its done.

I know about wishing you wouldnt have bought something and saved the money, thats kind of how im feeling about the new TV, because im terrified we have termites, and the money could be used for a vacation. *sigh*, but its hooked up, with a new dish now.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?

I did at least draw pictures of what the problems were and tried on one of them to put the equations I thought I should be using.

I only have one blurry picture of the stuff right now but I'll post pics once we get it in the office next week. The walls have this deep texture with a dusty deep pink color. They (previous owners) also did some sort of faux-finish thing. B needs to cut a hole in the ceiling for the light fixture we have waiting to be installed and see if he can find the power for the switch and attach it correctly. Hopefully he can find it.... He did in the guest room so he should be able to find it here too. Running the power might mean cutting holes in the wall in a few places :knockout:
My plan is to ignore the ugly patched areas (unpainted spackled spots are in most rooms of the house) until we've got all of the lighting that we want installed and all of the other cables and stuff that B might want in the next 5 years. After there are no more reasons to cut holes in walls we'll paint.

The set is really kind of pretty. There is a big L shaped desk in several sections (plenty big enough for us each to share and have our own work spaces) with a side table (credenza?) sort of thing, paper organizers, and movable shelves (for like books and stuff).

Lots of pictures when done!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
No, not really any fun plans. I might take the dogs to walmart tommorow to have halloween pictures done, but we shall see. I NEED to study. Also, I need to draw up a plan to present to my school student union for a fundraiser. Long story short, I take part in an organiztion that helps feed the homeless, and I thought it would be good to maybe do a fundraiser to purchase turkeys for one of the homeless missions in town. Well through my ideas, the organiztion wants me to be the head of the project if it gets approved. I have a meeting next week, so I want to go in there armed and ready.

O wow, the set sounds nice. What color is it?? Als, i totally agree about not repainting until your all done. C would want it painted NOW, but i would wait also. It doesnt make sense to try and repaint everything, numerous times.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessie702|1319255241|3045267 said:
No, not really any fun plans. I might take the dogs to walmart tommorow to have halloween pictures done, but we shall see. I NEED to study. Also, I need to draw up a plan to present to my school student union for a fundraiser. Long story short, I take part in an organiztion that helps feed the homeless, and I thought it would be good to maybe do a fundraiser to purchase turkeys for one of the homeless missions in town. Well through my ideas, the organiztion wants me to be the head of the project if it gets approved. I have a meeting next week, so I want to go in there armed and ready.

O wow, the set sounds nice. What color is it?? Als, i totally agree about not repainting until your all done. C would want it painted NOW, but i would wait also. It doesnt make sense to try and repaint everything, numerous times.

That sounds fun -- in a productive sort of way!

It would be great if you could organize people at your school to help out in the community. There are so many people in such great need... and, honestly, some of the college students I deal with every day could really use some exposure to the realities of life.

The furniture is sort of dark but not too dark. Sort of a medium reddish/brownish wood. I'm so excited to get it in here! We got much of the stuff cleaned out of the office so we're pretty much ready to bring it in. I'd been thinking I'd rent the truck Wednesday since I don't have chem after work on Weds and it is a "school issues day" so I could easily pick the truck up before work and the guys I bought it from could help me load and I'd just drive it home after work....
No such luck.
I think we're probably going to have to wait until Friday since the father of someone we know died and we're going to a shiva minyan (sort of like a memorial service, but not really) Wednesday evening.

Oh....
Got my physics and chemisty exams both back today :nono:
42% on the physics and 67% on the chem ;(

Anyway... I've got to head to bed. A full 6 hours of sleep would be SOoooooo nice.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Hey Too, sorry I havent checked in. This has been the week from hell!! I had an exam on wedensday, a science club meeting on tuesday after class, had to buy my friends daughter a sweet sixteen gift. Yesturday, I had an exam, a fundraiser inbetween class, gave blood, and had a charity event in the evening from 330-until 8 pm. Had to study all night for Bio exam, that Im not sure I didnt great on. Today, I have a debate in my developmental psy class, I have a meeting, well a presenation for a fundraiser Idea I have that needs to be approved. So im drafting up my ideas and main points, and will be printing it out for the school senate to approve. Did i mention i woke up every 2 hours to study last night??? And I still need to go pick out a wig and some odd items for my halloween costume. Thank GOD tommorow is Friday, I dont think i could take another day like this.

So how are things going for you??

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes! Your week sounds awful. I hope you had time this weekend to catch up on sleep and some study!

Out sick Friday so I missed a physics class. Less hectic than your week, but still so much going on.

I'll check in more later -- I've got a lab report section I have to finish and send off to my group (due in the morning!), homework for chemistry & physics...
And I'm trying to cook up a couple of big pots of soup for the week so we won't eat out as much :nono:

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Hey Too, how was your halloween?? Ours wasnt all that eventful, and miss Aunt Flo showed up and ruined my weekend. I also got a 65% on my Biology Exam, and am upset with it. Have you done any holiday shopping yet?? Im weird and try to get all my necessary shopping or christmas done before thanksgiving, because after thanksgiving the time flies. This year, I got C a new vaccum....silly I know, but the current one has tape on the cord,and when you vacuum it gives off a funny scent. I got my mom a stem mop. Though i should have gotten her coals, since she has been bitchy and mean all year. C also go a St. Louis Cardinals Toaster, Since his team won the World Series, I firgured I could get him a few items. The last few things ill need is a couple of sweaters, some socks or slippers, and some bath type stuff, and a little something for myself. Hows your week going??

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Hey, just checking to see how things are going for you. How are things??? :wavey:

On a side note, im worried about C's job AGAIN. His manager 2 nights ago told him, that they need to go through C's inventory at the shop, and get rid of 50% of the inventory, and whats left they are going to see if they can put it in th techs vans. Now, im not the smartest person, but that sounds A LOT, like they might be getting rid of his position. Why would the techs need more parts in their van, so they dont have to come back to the shop. I dont know, maybe im paranoid.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Jessie - Hope your SO's job stays safe!

Is it just the two of you talking in here nowadays?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Hi DragonFly.....its been a long time. Thank you so much.

Yep, its pretty much just Too and myself. I dont know what happened to BG or the rest. Everyone just left without saying goodbye :cry:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DF :wavey:
Pretty much just the two of us any more. I hope BG is okay and had a wonderful wedding! We like company though so hopefully more people come talk!

Jessie, I'd be worried too! I hope that it turns out to be nothing or maybe even something good for C.

I've been out the last week sick :knockout: I should have just stayed in bed, but I went to all of my classes and just called in sick to work. Finals are in about one month :-o so I really couldn't miss the lectures. There is also a chemistry exam this Tuesday and a physics exam the following week...

The school just released the class schedules for next quarter -- it is going to be pretty hard trying to balance the classes I HAVE to take with work. It looks like I'm going to have to cut my hours (and my pay) by 25%... at least.

Anyway, hope you're both having a good weekend. I should be around more this week.

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Hello! I hope I can join in the small talk. I'm in med school, second year, out of 6. So I have a really tight schedule, with subjects including Anatomy, Physiology, Histology.
Well, I'm really glad I can talk to other LIW and share our ambitions, expectations and other details of our lives. Cheers!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MisakiChan|1320568292|3055103 said:
Hello! I hope I can join in the small talk. I'm in med school, second year, out of 6. So I have a really tight schedule, with subjects including Anatomy, Physiology, Histology.
Well, I'm really glad I can talk to other LIW and share our ambitions, expectations and other details of our lives. Cheers!

Hi :wavey:

Please jump right in!

What area of medicine are you speciallizing in?

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Well, in my country (Romania) I have to take 6 years of General Medicine and then take the residency exam. I don't know for sure right now, but I would like to be an ophtalmologist like my mother.

What are you studying?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MisakiChan|1320599897|3055271 said:
Well, in my country (Romania) I have to take 6 years of General Medicine and then take the residency exam. I don't know for sure right now, but I would like to be an ophtalmologist like my mother.

What are you studying?

Opthalmology is interesting. The new technologies that are used now are so much better than even 15 years ago and I can only imagine that the stuff being worked on now is even better.

I'm working towards two degrees -- one in computer engineering and one in aeronautical engineering. Right now I'm still at a local college but I'll be transferring to a university in about a year to finish a bachelor's in each. I'd like to finish with a master's in at least one of the two areas (hopefully both).

FI and I are actually working on restoring (slow progress due to finances and time) a Romanian airplane. It was used by the Romanian Air Force for training.

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
A Romanian airplane, huh? Sounds interesting. Good for you! When I was a little girl, I dreamed of working with airplane engines and stuff, but I wasn't really good at math, so I chose something more biology-related. :razz:

I'm happy you're already engaged! How long were you two together before getting engaged if I'm not being rude?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MisakiChan|1320611989|3055434 said:
A Romanian airplane, huh? Sounds interesting. Good for you! When I was a little girl, I dreamed of working with airplane engines and stuff, but I wasn't really good at math, so I chose something more biology-related. :razz:

I'm happy you're already engaged! How long were you two together before getting engaged if I'm not being rude?

We've been engaged for about 18 months now and together for 7 1/2 years. 6 years waiting for a proposal :nono:
We'd planned to have our wedding in August of this year, but a couple of major financial situations got in the way.

How about you?

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
We're a bit young for engagement or so it would seem. I'm 19, bf is 20 years old and we've been together for 1 year. He said he plans on proposing in 1 year or 2 at most. Hope it all goes well!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think that 19 & 20 is too young. Age is one of those things that seems to mean so much but is so very different from person to person. Experience seems to be a lot more important in determining personalities and readiness for big things in life than age.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Hi MC....Welcome. 19 and 20 isnt too young.

Too- Im so sorry you were sick this [past week, I understand. My school just opened registration for the spring, and its going to be another dauniting semester. AS USUAL

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Hi! And thanks. Yes, I'll admit I want it to happen. But I'm trying not to hope too much too soon. Anyway, I'm glad I'm around now so I can share my thoughts.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Yay for more medical posters! I'm working towards my R.N. and then my degree in Nutrition.

Sorry I didn't come back sooner, been hectic here. School, work, SO, dogs, cats, AHHHH lol!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O, I know hectic, im part of a pre-medical club, a science club, working on a psychology degree, and working towards getting my pre-medical requirements out of the way.

Hey Too- how are you feeling hon??

So busy right now....I cant wait until winter break, and I can lay around all day.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessie702|1320880230|3058135 said:
O, I know hectic, im part of a pre-medical club, a science club, working on a psychology degree, and working towards getting my pre-medical requirements out of the way.

Hey Too- how are you feeling hon??

So busy right now....I cant wait until winter break, and I can lay around all day.

Feeling a bit better, thanks. Still not great. I went in to work for a few hours Friday after being out for two full weeks.

I just finished my section of the formal lab for physics (yay!). Still have to do the write-up & pre-lab for chemistry, finish two worksheets (6 pages total) of chemistry homework, and do this week's physics chapter homework (about 10 problems that "should only take 5 minutes each".... but actually take 20-30 each). It would be good to also start on the next chemistry worksheet and start reviewing chapters for the physics exam that is on Friday.

I've gotten about a 60% average on my quizes and only a 42% on the last exam. To finish the class with an "A", I need pretty much perfect scores on everything until the end of the quarter. For a "B", I need A/B for everything until the end.

How is everyone's weekend going?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Hey Too- Im glad your feeling better, and sorry about the scores in your classes. I can relate, Im doing so bad in my biology its not even funny. My pre-med advisor is going to kill me. I need at least a B in the class and right now, I have a C. I think im taking too many classes, so next semester, Im going to take a few less classes. I think ill only take 5 classes, instead of 6.

So I got into another fight with my mother, and it was bad. Lets just say, she balled up her fist to hit me. So over winter break, im moving in with C. Its been 4 years, its time, and I cant take her crap anymore. O, and im making our first thanksgiving dinner. Every year we have gone to my moms, but with everything going on, and us hitting 4 year,s im going to to make our own dinner. Im so excited, I bought the turkey tonight. 12 pounds, for 11 bucks.

blackkatya

Rough_Rock
Biology and Chemistry? You all are so brave, lol. I just stuck to math.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blackkatya|1321464743|3063009 said:
Biology and Chemistry? You all are so brave, lol. I just stuck to math.

Not brave -- just told I HAVE to take it!..... of course I will do anything I can to avoid taking biology (luckily physics & chemistry meet the same learning areas so I should escape without it!)

What are you going to school for? (or went to school for)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results