shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Traffic kills me. Thank goodness for NPR and books on tape/Audible. I don't know what I'd do without them.

For instance, today during lunch I ran errands and got to listen to an interview with Sacha Baron Cohen as himself, not Ali G, Borat, or Bruno. He's a really interesting person to listen to, and it actually made me respect his work a little bit (I'm not his biggest fan).

ALSO, my coworker introduced me to the most ridiculous(ly awesome) song ever. It's called "On a Boat" and includes the lines, "I got my swim trunks/and my flippy-floppies/You at Kinkos/straight flippin' copies." Genius.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
sunny - i''ll pass along the kirkland info. i think its 20 bucks pre sale, and 25 at the door for 10 wine tastings, and then 1 per tasting after that. but there is an "art" fair that is free.
dont forget next week is the bellevue arts & crafts fair too :)

LG- miller sounds soo cute!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:10:18 PM
Author: princesss
Traffic kills me. Thank goodness for NPR and books on tape/Audible. I don't know what I'd do without them.

For instance, today during lunch I ran errands and got to listen to an interview with Sacha Baron Cohen as himself, not Ali G, Borat, or Bruno. He's a really interesting person to listen to, and it actually made me respect his work a little bit (I'm not his biggest fan).

ALSO, my coworker introduced me to the most ridiculous(ly awesome) song ever. It's called 'On a Boat' and includes the lines, 'I got my swim trunks/and my flippy-floppies/You at Kinkos/straight flippin' copies.' Genius.
That song is awesome! Plain freakin awesome! Got my flippy-floppies! That's my favorite line. Hahaha!!

Oh yeah, I got FI his very own D*ick in a Box box for his bday last year. I love Urban outfitters.
9.gif
He and his friend are gonna use them at halloween this year.

Thanks jcar for the info! I'll have to tell FI. Oh the Bellevue art fair...I tried to go to the mall once while that was going on. Hahaha bad idea. I don't recommend it.
9.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 12:33:39 PM
Author: jcarlylew
this weekend is working till 6 tonight
7.gif
so i might clean the house when i get home

saturday is work again until 1, and then kirkland wine/art days - although i think we''ll save 20 bucks and buy a bottle of 3 buck chuck and do our own ''wine tasting'' and then hit up the arts and crafts part

sunday - dress shopping with another bridefriend at the brides for a cure show

oh and at somepoint this weekend checking out E''s Parents backyard to see if we can have our wedding there!
Ah...3 buck chuck, I''m jealous. Our TJs isn''t allowed to sell alcohol (stupid state laws
38.gif
). Enjoy some for me
2.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Traffic kills me. Thank goodness for NPR and books on tape/Audible. I don''t know what I''d do without them.

For instance, today during lunch I ran errands and got to listen to an interview with Sacha Baron Cohen as himself, not Ali G, Borat, or Bruno. He''s a really interesting person to listen to, and it actually made me respect his work a little bit (I''m not his biggest fan).

ALSO, my coworker introduced me to the most ridiculous(ly awesome) song ever. It''s called ''On a Boat'' and includes the lines, ''I got my swim trunks/and my flippy-floppies/You at Kinkos/straight flippin'' copies.'' Genius.
i am so glad to know some else calls them that too.
today i heard that seattle is #1 ranked in city to find men, by Marie Claire. someone has some ''splaning to do.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:19:11 PM
Author: Patiently_Waiting

7.gif

saturday is work again until 1, and then kirkland wine/art days - although i think we''ll save 20 bucks and buy a bottle of 3 buck chuck and do our own ''wine tasting'' and then hit up the arts and crafts part

oh and at somepoint this weekend checking out E''s Parents backyard to see if we can have our wedding there!
Ah...3 buck chuck, I''m jealous. Our TJs isn''t allowed to sell alcohol (stupid state laws
38.gif
). Enjoy some for me
2.gif
I''ll enjoy quite a few for you! :)

by the way, the diet does not start until AUGUST.
LOL

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:15:21 PM
Author: sunnyd

Traffic kills me. Thank goodness for NPR and books on tape/Audible. I don''t know what I''d do without them.

For instance, today during lunch I ran errands and got to listen to an interview with Sacha Baron Cohen as himself, not Ali G, Borat, or Bruno. He''s a really interesting person to listen to, and it actually made me respect his work a little bit (I''m not his biggest fan).

ALSO, my coworker introduced me to the most ridiculous(ly awesome) song ever. It''s called ''On a Boat'' and includes the lines, ''I got my swim trunks/and my flippy-floppies/You at Kinkos/straight flippin'' copies.'' Genius.
That song is awesome! Plain freakin awesome! Got my flippy-floppies! That''s my favorite line. Hahaha!!
Hehe that line rocks!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:20:42 PM

Date: 7/17/2009 2:19:11 PM

7.gif

38.gif
). Enjoy some for me
2.gif
I''ll enjoy quite a few for you! :)

by the way, the diet does not start until AUGUST.
LOL
Nice! That''s a solid two weeks of fun time hehe.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Poorly ETA''d, so I''m reposting.

Oh yeah, I got FI his very own D*ick in a Box box for his bday last year. I love Urban outfitters.
9.gif

Thanks jcar for the info! I''ll have to tell FI. Oh the Bellevue art fair...I tried to go to the mall once while that was going on. Hahaha bad idea. I don''t recommend it.
9.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Good afternoon all! It''s one of those summer days where everyone has taken summer hours or a half day and it is absolutely dead in here
7.gif
. Come on 5 o''clock....

Nothing exciting this weekend - just doing some repairs around the house. But I am looking forward to it, nonetheless.

Hope you ladies have an excellent weekend!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:23:13 PM

9.gif

Thanks jcar for the info! I''ll have to tell FI. Oh the Bellevue art fair...I tried to go to the mall once while that was going on. Hahaha bad idea. I don''t recommend it.
9.gif
bahahah. sorry. i grew up in bellevue so i pity anyone who tries to do that. and there are ALOT of people who do.

i highly suggest taking the bus in. its alot easier. we''re probably going to go to the bellevue one on sunday, since the engagement party is on saturday.

and i have never been to the kirkland one, so i am excited for that! our friends live close by, so we are just going to walk down to it.

PW - i know what you mean about 5pm being slow. where i work, usually after 2 pm its DEAD. and then i have 4 more hours to go
7.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:30:16 PM

Date: 7/17/2009 2:23:13 PM

9.gif

9.gif
bahahah. sorry. i grew up in bellevue so i pity anyone who tries to do that. and there are ALOT of people who do.

i highly suggest taking the bus in. its alot easier. we''re probably going to go to the bellevue one on sunday, since the engagement party is on saturday.

and i have never been to the kirkland one, so i am excited for that! our friends live close by, so we are just going to walk down to it.

PW - i know what you mean about 5pm being slow. where i work, usually after 2 pm its DEAD. and then i have 4 more hours to go
7.gif
I feel your pain....the last few hours are the toughest. But that''s what small talk is for
2.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 11:44:12 AM
I have to go to the dentist on Monday.
38.gif
I can''t be the only one that actually likes the dentist, can I? I know it might sound sick but I really don''t mind it.
4.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
word!

here are the flowers eric gave me.

prettyflowersfromeric.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:44:51 PM

38.gif
I can''t be the only one that actually likes the dentist, can I? I know it might sound sick but I really don''t mind it.
4.gif
you are sick.

although i like it when they give me laughing gas and novocain...just for a cleaning :)

princesss

Ideal_Rock

38.gif
4.gif
I only mind because I *know* I have cavities and at $80 a pop, it''s hard to handle. If I didn''t have cavities, I wouldn''t mind at all.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
anyone have/know some who does have Veneers (sp?)?

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:54:04 PM

38.gif
I can't be the only one that actually likes the dentist, can I? I know it might sound sick but I really don't mind it.
4.gif
I only mind because I *know* I have cavities and at $80 a pop, it's hard to handle. If I didn't have cavities, I wouldn't mind at all.
7.gif
completely understand...sorry princesss. Hope the cavities are minimal for you.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:53:11 PM

38.gif
4.gif
you are sick.

although i like it when they give me laughing gas and novocain...just for a cleaning :)
LOL and I''m the sick one?
2.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
thanks PW
5.gif
(about the flowerS)
and yeah.. the dentist is the one place that i get instant anxiety, as soon as i pull in. so it helps for me. plus i have always had sensitive gums/teeth (my nerves are crossed in the front) so the drugs REAALLLYYY help.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!
29.gif

I had a feeling today was gonna be a bad one! I knew it the minute i pulled out of my neighborhood and i had encounters with 3 idiotic drivers! Is it 5pm yet???

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 3:30:49 PM
Author: vip0802
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!
29.gif

I had a feeling today was gonna be a bad one! I knew it the minute i pulled out of my neighborhood and i had encounters with 3 idiotic drivers! Is it 5pm yet???
oh puke. i hate that. i sat behind a guy going 15 in a 25, up a hill. and then makinga 20 pt u turn.
29.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m running away.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:57:58 PM
anyone have/know some who does have Veneers (sp?)?
I know some people. Why, you want some?
31.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
chiming in late ladies... had a rough couple of days (building a shadowbox for an art show)
sheesh

anyways I hope y''all have a fantastic weekend~!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Ummm...good morning...

Anybody home?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, Bia! Morning, everyone!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m here!

Morning B!

35.gif