The LIW Small Talk Thread

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Morning!

Anybody else wiped out? I''m wiped out.

elation

Rough_Rock
Morning everyone!

I too am completely wiped out. My limbs are all jelly-like from weekend cottage antics!

How is everyone today?

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning, everyone!
35.gif

I agree - utterly exhausted. Just posted in Hangout about my experience this weekend and basically the weekend turned out nothing like I had wanted it to and was a total nightmare. Hangout explains it all...

I''m so tired.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning ladies! I hope you all had a great weekend. I''m beat right now as well...BF and I spent all yesterday super cleaning. It was exhausting! We also went ring shopping for the first time but it didn''t go so well. I posted my experience in Hangout too if you''re interested.

Lilac - I''ll be sure to read yours too!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I read your ring shopping experience, and I was pretty dumbfounded. I cannot explain how much I detest snooty salespeople. I think they have that attitude because they don''t know SQUAT about what they''re selling.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Slow day in here! Morning all...I''m wiped too. I slept so hard last night, which never happens on a Sunday. It usually takes me an hour to fall asleep, but not last night!
24.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Afternoon, ladies!

VIP, your ring shopping story makes me sad. I can''t believe those people had such terrible attitudes -- you''d think that they''d be falling all over themselves to convince you to spend money in their store rather than acting like total snots.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
afternoon ladies...

aw VIP That''s horrible... I feel bad, sales people can be the pits.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Elle - saw your dopleganger today! she is a nurse (maybe?), smokes, and works next to where i live.

fyi :)

work - my oh my. we had a parent (very understandably) get verbally, emotionally upset with us (though, not our direct fault). His kid was left at camp
38.gif
and not on the bus home. someone marked him off on the bus home list, and he obviously was not ON the bus. fortunately the kid was 100% safe (he was with a program director) at the location and we resolved the matter, but it was just scary, but, at the same time so much filled with compassion for how worried this father was. i dont know, not having kids myself, i obviously could not know how he felt, but man oh man, he sure did have me in near tears!

besides that, i wore my shoes that broke my foot, and now the said foot is killing me this evening. since i don''t have to wake up until 10 tomorrow, i am thinking i am going to invest in a pain pill. its killing me
15.gif

oh, my good friend, who i am now in her wedding party, bought her dress this weekend! she looked GREAT in it. and i tried on the lace dress again, and am sure thats the one i want. now to buy my favorite part - SHOES

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did someone say shoes?

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 12:59:52 AM
Author: jcarlylew
Elle - saw your dopleganger today! she is a nurse (maybe?), smokes, and works next to where i live.

work - my oh my. we had a parent (very understandably) get verbally, emotionally upset with us (though, not our direct fault). His kid was left at camp
38.gif
and not on the bus home. someone marked him off on the bus home list, and he obviously was not ON the bus. fortunately the kid was 100% safe (he was with a program director) at the location and we resolved the matter, but it was just scary, but, at the same time so much filled with compassion for how worried this father was. i dont know, not having kids myself, i obviously could not know how he felt, but man oh man, he sure did have me in near tears!

besides that, i wore my shoes that broke my foot, and now the said foot is killing me this evening. since i don''t have to wake up until 10 tomorrow, i am thinking i am going to invest in a pain pill. its killing me
15.gif

oh, my good friend, who i am now in her wedding party, bought her dress this weekend! she looked GREAT in it. and i tried on the lace dress again, and am sure thats the one i want. now to buy my favorite part - SHOES

the part about the dad reminded me of BF''s brother. he''s got two little ones and i saw him get livid when he thought his son was lost. it was un-nerving, but to see the relief and compassion when he realized his boy was ok made me get goosebumps!

you broke your foot?!?!
6.gif
i''m so sorry and how did that happen? i broke my elbow and sprained my wrist last year, and the pain killers the doc gave me were horrible! it made me nauseous and i just didn''t feel right at all. i ended up just tossing them out, but it was seriously painful! i hope the pain pill will work for you though and get some rest. you gotta get that foot better for killer shoes! congrats on being in your friend''s wedding party...how fun!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

38.gif

15.gif

aw your foot broke....
8.gif

That''s such a bummer...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 1:14:04 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Did someone say shoes?
*snort*

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

38.gif

15.gif

Did you beat her up?!?!
29.gif

I think I have a lot of twins. So many people say "Oh my gosh, you look just like...."

I had some guy stop me on the street to tell me I look like Selma Blair. I don''t think I do.

Anywho...I dig your dress, Jcar! VERY pretty.

How was the pain pill last night?
31.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Jcar, I hope your foot feels better...

but I must be off to work, have a great day ladies.!!!!
35.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Morning, kiddos!

I''m just drying off from my second shower -- the downpour of rain that greeted me as I stepped out of the subway station. Thank goodness it''s finally raining!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Mornin'' ladies.

Quick vent....I HATE apartment living. Hate it. Cannot WAIT to buy a house when DH graduates in the spring. There are maintenance people in and out of here all the time, and I work at home so it drives me batty.

Also...my Mom is being a diva about the wedding. Her dress is WAY harder to deal with/find than mine. It also costs almost as much.

Miscka: Mom, this dress is cute for you.
Mom: No, that dress is a nylon/poly blend. I want silk. Silk looks so much nicer.

Miscka rolls eyes and walks away...her dress (that mom helped choose) is a nylon/poly blend.

Of course we all want silk...newsflash! This is a budget event!

Sorry to come in here and whine. I feel better.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Morning, Miscka. Sorry you''re developing a Momzilla. Weddings make people act weeeird!! When''s the big day?

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a re-wedding, and its 9/12.

And she wonders why we eloped in the first place....LOL! This is EXACTLY why.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww. I''m sorry Miscka. That''s gotta be driving you crazy!

Moms can be weird sometimes.
2.gif

I''m sure she just wants to look perfect when her daughter has her re-wedding!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning!
35.gif

Miscka - I''m sorry your mom''s being like that... my mom was too for a while. Just breathe in and out... and repeat.
5.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, girls! I talked to her this morning, and she seems to have mellowed a bit. Thankfully.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 11:18:07 AM
Author: Miscka
Thanks, girls! I talked to her this morning, and she seems to have mellowed a bit. Thankfully.
Good to hear. Sometimes moms are a bit nuts.

Sidenote: Why can''t I stay away from the sweets? I see them and I eat them. This is Not Good.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 11:23:24 AM
Author: princesss

Sidenote: Why can''t I stay away from the sweets? I see them and I eat them. This is Not Good.
You and me both, sister. It''s like an addiction.
I can''t stop following treatstruck.com, desserttruck.com, and cupcakestop.com on twitter. I''m stalking sweets!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

My appetite for sweets was insatiable yesterday. I was craving EVERYTHING.
38.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 11:34:16 AM
Author: elledizzy5

38.gif
Some people say chewing gum helps them get rid of sweet cravings, but it does nothing for me. Nothing!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 11:34:16 AM
Author: elledizzy5

38.gif
I''m starting Weight Watchers again today, so what did I do? Eat 1/3 of a bag of Rolos! Awesome. Two thumbs up, princesss. Two thumbs waaaaaaaay up.
20.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
morning everyone!
thanks for the well wishes on the foot. i wound up not taking the pain pill, and drank wine instead
9.gif

freke - you crack me up. yes, i said shoes.

how is everyone''s day today? i do not work until 11 so i have some time before work

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 11:45:58 AM

I''m starting Weight Watchers again today, so what did I do? Eat 1/3 of a bag of Rolos! Awesome. Two thumbs up, princesss. Two thumbs waaaaaaaay up.
20.gif
Mmm, Rolos.

Wait -- they come in bags?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, jcarly!

What kind of wine did you have? Hope it worked! Is the foot feeling better?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results