The LIW Small Talk Thread

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:43:12 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 7/21/2009 2:40:43 PM

Author: equestrienne

Elle,

I saw your post in my thread today - thanks for the campsite dust! Do you know which site you'll be at yet for the weekend? We had a weird problem with the reservations where we originally had two sites reserved for different days of the trip, but we are now in one site for the whole time (#120 by Devoe Lake).

Ugh! No! I asked FI earlier if he knew... and of course he doesnt. He's the contact person for the trip as we're going with his friends. Hopefully he lets me know today! I've been bugging him for it.

Rats. Well, we'll be there from Thursday night all the way through Monday morning/afternoon. We're bound to bump into each other somehow. My cell number is on my blue and white site profile, but I don't know if my phone will work there yet.

Should I get a mani for this trip?
11.gif
Seems funny to get one for going camping!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Elle....I think you and I have similar issues. Mine=tummy issues, mood issues, skin issues, energy issues, etc.

I have been reading a lot about food intolerance, which apparently can be behind all of these things. I firmly believe in what you eat making a difference in lots of ways, so DH and I are thinking about doing a full-on intolerance detection diet.

Anyway, I am totally going to get some green tea and start drinking that! Do you drink it hot? Is that a stupid q? I don''t drink tea. I used to drink SO MUCH water, but ever since I started working at home I am bad about it, since I don''t really need that break to walk around, etc.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:46:14 PM

Date: 7/21/2009 2:43:12 PM

Date: 7/21/2009 2:40:43 PM

Elle,

I saw your post in my thread today - thanks for the campsite dust! Do you know which site you''ll be at yet for the weekend? We had a weird problem with the reservations where we originally had two sites reserved for different days of the trip, but we are now in one site for the whole time (#120 by Devoe Lake).

Ugh! No! I asked FI earlier if he knew... and of course he doesnt. He''s the contact person for the trip as we''re going with his friends. Hopefully he lets me know today! I''ve been bugging him for it.

Rats. Well, we''ll be there from Thursday night all the way through Monday morning/afternoon. We''re bound to bump into each other somehow. My cell number is on my blue and white site profile, but I don''t know if my phone will work there yet.

Should I get a mani for this trip?
11.gif
Seems funny to get one for going camping!

Oooh! You''re going rustic! I think we go to one with showers/toilets/laundry room.
20.gif

I''m sure I''ll find out today and I''ll let you know where we''ll be.

YES MANI! And bring a digi cam, and laptop. I think where we stay might have wi-fi (
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
to camping wi-fi) so you can upload your pics to PS ASAP!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:47:48 PM
Author: Miscka
Elle....I think you and I have similar issues. Mine=tummy issues, mood issues, skin issues, energy issues, etc.

I have been reading a lot about food intolerance, which apparently can be behind all of these things. I firmly believe in what you eat making a difference in lots of ways, so DH and I are thinking about doing a full-on intolerance detection diet.

Anyway, I am totally going to get some green tea and start drinking that! Do you drink it hot? Is that a stupid q? I don''t drink tea. I used to drink SO MUCH water, but ever since I started working at home I am bad about it, since I don''t really need that break to walk around, etc.
Wait... so I''m not crazy?? There are others??
6.gif

I do drink it hot... I don''t like cold tea at all.

Let me know how the intolerance diet goes! I''m curious to see how it turns out, because it DOES seem thatwe''re both having the same problems. Just looking at my (our) symptoms, it really seems obvious that it would be diet related, ya know? It HAS to be.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:51:48 PM

6.gif

Let me know how the intolerance diet goes! I''m curious to see how it turns out, because it DOES seem thatwe''re both having the same problems. Just looking at my (our) symptoms, it really seems obvious that it would be diet related, ya know? It HAS to be.

Man, you guys are braver than I. There is no way I would give up gluten...or dairy. Man, it is a good thing that I am not allergic to either of those things. *goes to eat some bread with cheese on it*

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:54:07 PM
Author: ladypirate

Date: 7/21/2009 2:51:48 PM

6.gif

Man, you guys are braver than I. There is no way I would give up gluten...or dairy. Man, it is a good thing that I am not allergic to either of those things. *goes to eat some bread with cheese on it*
I DEFINITELY have dairy issues. I''m not sure about gluten. Cheese doesn''t typically bother me, but ice cream and milk definitely do.

I just want to feel better... if I have to give something up, I''ll deal with it... or at least eat it sparingly. I don''t know what I''d do if I had a chocolate intolerance.
32.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Mmm, green tea. I just made a big pitcher of green tea lemondade. So good!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Sooo I just applied for a fall internship at a big company that I think would be really cool to work for! I''m just hoping to get an interview... wonder how long the process takes...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:57:50 PM
Author: TheBigT
Sooo I just applied for a fall internship at a big company that I think would be really cool to work for! I''m just hoping to get an interview... wonder how long the process takes...
Cool, BigT!

I feel you on just getting a call back... THOSE are even hard to come by lately.

What type of internship?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:57:40 PM
Author: misskitty
Mmm, green tea. I just made a big pitcher of green tea lemondade. So good!
Mmm.. that sounds tasty!
18.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:56:11 PM

I DEFINITELY have dairy issues. I''m not sure about gluten. Cheese doesn''t typically bother me, but ice cream and milk definitely do.

I just want to feel better... if I have to give something up, I''ll deal with it... or at least eat it sparingly. I don''t know what I''d do if I had a chocolate intolerance.
32.gif
I first read that as "I definitely have hairy issues," and I felt really bad for you. I still feel bad that you have Dairy issues, but maybe not as bad.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:58:48 PM

Cool, BigT!

I feel you on just getting a call back... THOSE are even hard to come by lately.

What type of internship?
It would be working in the legal dept of a company that is somewhat related to this food/health/weight loss discussion...
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:59:48 PM

Date: 7/21/2009 2:56:11 PM

32.gif
I first read that as ''I definitely have hairy issues,'' and I felt really bad for you. I still feel bad that you have Dairy issues, but maybe not as bad.
LOL. Yeah, i''ll take dairy over hairy any day.
3.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Annd, apparently I could use the caffeine in it. I totally misspelled lemonade.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Ha, no DEFINITELY not alone!

I would be sad to find if I had an intolerance, but I think it would likely be something subtle. I mean, obviously I do not have an allergy, but an intolerance is a different ball game.

I did it before for 6 weeks (no wheat, no dairy, no sugar) but messed up on my phasing-back in time so I didn''t learn much. I have to say I felt great though!

We likely won''t start until after the re-wedding, since it takes a really long time and is pretty intense. I want to be able to eat the brunch I am planning!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
good afternoon ladies!

chiming in a little late but someone mentioned kettle chips and ice cream?!
30.gif
those are my weaknesses! not together of course...
3.gif
i don't mean to ruin anyone's diets but i've found that 7-11's kettle potato chips are my new favorite! i used to think Lay's was the best, but 7-11's brand cuts their potatoes thicker. yum!

is it weird that water is not my favorite? if i'm really thirsty, i'll drink it but, i prefer to drink something with some kind of flavor to it. when i did the South Beach diet, i used to always mix some Crystal Light in mine but i'm trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners nowadays. i do LOVE me some green tea too! i always put a little squirt of honey in mine and during the summer, i'll pour it over ice.

off to make some green tea now!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:48:47 PM
Date: 7/21/2009 2:46:14 PM

Oooh! You''re going rustic! I think we go to one with showers/toilets/laundry room.
20.gif

I''m sure I''ll find out today and I''ll let you know where we''ll be.

YES MANI! And bring a digi cam, and laptop. I think where we stay might have wi-fi (
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
to camping wi-fi) so you can upload your pics to PS ASAP!

Yes we''re in the rustic area, and LOL on the laptop. I might have to bring mine anyway to work on my last masters paper. I''ve had no time to write anything this week yet because I''ve been running around picking up my FF''s slack at home. He''s had rental house showings in the evenings after work and he''s been way too busy to do anything to get ready for the trip. Thank goodness I am on summer vacay. He has an iPhone for posting to PS...
27.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 3:01:13 PM
Date: 7/21/2009 2:58:48 PM

Cool, BigT!

nice BigT! i''m not sure how long the process will take, but hopefully you''ll hear from them soon! *DUST*

What type of internship?

It would be working in the legal dept of a company that is somewhat related to this food/health/weight loss discussion...
2.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
whoa! what happened to me and equestrienne''s replies?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 8:19:41 AM
Date: 7/21/2009 1:14:04 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Did someone say shoes?
*snort*
I can''t help it that I have radar!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, I recommend when you want ice cream, you try the new Haagen Daaz "5" ice cream. It''s only in pints, and it''s pretty expensive, but they only have 5 ingredients--usually milk, sugar, eggs, cream, and flavoring. My favorite is the brown sugar, but they also have mint, chocolate, vanilla and maybe a couple of others by now. The cool thing is is that they have 30% less fat since they use only the real ingredients. They are all natural. No preservatives (fat and sugar are natural preservatives anyway).

It rocks my socks for when I have those nasty ice cream cravings. ...nom nom nom...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 3:47:21 PM
Author: vip0802
whoa! what happened to me and equestrienne''s replies?
I was wondering the same thing!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke and her shoe-dar!
3.gif

That sounds yummy -- but I think the pre-portioned WW stuff helps. If the Haagen Dazs was pre-portioned I''d be in luck. If it''s a pint in one container, or a 1/2 cup in one container, I''m likely to eat the whole thing either way.
38.gif

Portion control is not my forte. I need to waste extra packaging and pollute the earth and have them do it for me.
20.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 3:56:10 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Also, I recommend when you want ice cream, you try the new Haagen Daaz ''5'' ice cream. It''s only in pints, and it''s pretty expensive, but they only have 5 ingredients--usually milk, sugar, eggs, cream, and flavoring. My favorite is the brown sugar, but they also have mint, chocolate, vanilla and maybe a couple of others by now. The cool thing is is that they have 30% less fat since they use only the real ingredients. They are all natural. No preservatives (fat and sugar are natural preservatives anyway).

It rocks my socks for when I have those nasty ice cream cravings. ...nom nom nom...

YUMMM! i''m a huge fan of Breyer''s vanilla since they only have those natural ingredients too. i will definitely have to try the Haagen Daaz now...brown sugar sounds delicious! so does the mint...and the chocolate...the vanilla...
31.gif

btw, i bought these fabulous turquoise heels and i thought of you.
2.gif
i''m not even a heel person either but the color made me go
30.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Brown sugar ice cream? That sounds heavenly!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI got a second interview for a job he had interviewed for, and lost hope about.

He''s going in tonight!!!!!!!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I hear good things about ginger ice cream, too (the "5" kind).

Things I learned at work today:

It is important to have a distinct theme when you decorate your kitchen. Like ivy. Or the fat chef. Or grapes. Otherwise people might not know it''s a kitchen.

All homes must be decorated JUST LIKE the catalog you get your bookcases from. Otherwise it''s not organized/cohesive.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 4:00:18 PM
Freke and her shoe-dar!
3.gif

That sounds yummy -- but I think the pre-portioned WW stuff helps. If the Haagen Dazs was pre-portioned I''d be in luck. If it''s a pint in one container, or a 1/2 cup in one container, I''m likely to eat the whole thing either way.
38.gif

Portion control is not my forte. I need to waste extra packaging and pollute the earth and have them do it for me.
20.gif

hahaha!
9.gif

i''m not so good at portion control either...especially when it comes to ice cream and chips. i''ve been known to polish off a whole bag of chips, and i would finish a whole pint of ice cream but stupid brain freezes get in the way.
38.gif

i''ve been getting better at eating more slowly. it actually makes me enjoy my food, and i pay more attention to when i''m full rather than stuffed.

now i''m craving a sammie with chips....no! i will be good! *sips green tea*

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 4:04:43 PM
Author: vip0802
btw, i bought these fabulous turquoise heels and i thought of you.
2.gif
i''m not even a heel person either but the color made me go
30.gif
PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 4:10:48 PM
FI got a second interview for a job he had interviewed for, and lost hope about.

He''s going in tonight!!!!!!!!!

Yay for Elle''s FI!!! Much luck to him!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results