shape
carat
color
clarity

The journey to a larger carat size

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
She’s beautiful - love the champagne colour against the melee. May she bring you a lot of joy!

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
Coming back to share these pictures, I am having a pretty low day though. Since it’s part of the journey story, I will share.

The short story is that this diamond has an inclusion which was significant enough that I wanted to get my jeweler’s opinion on whether it affected the durability. I did not anticipate that he would call it a piece of junk and proceed to tell me he would never sell me something so awful. “I hope you didn’t pay more than $500 for this” “what makes you think the stone is old, some kid in India made this”. Those were the highlights but he went on and on while I stood in front of the woman working there. I was so embarrassed and humiliated I left and cried in the car. I’ve been bringing my jewelry to him for a while and didn’t expect what I got today.

Here are the pictures, somehow I don’t see what he sees but he really took the wind out of my sails.

67697B7D-6862-42A7-908E-723EF76A7F91.jpeg

31D1D4A3-BFC8-4635-B637-11B47A351106.jpeg

B0CB5918-8B62-4F9E-AAA5-6C1B20BD32B4.jpeg

87F6041C-D30F-4711-BAB8-40BBFCF9B6CB.jpeg

57BEA7CF-FCC2-47AB-BB5B-D3D08EA0EDD5.jpeg

56DE95DF-439A-46C1-8E6A-DF354B016ED9.jpeg

F607E848-824B-4136-8B5D-F2AFDD77A8FE.jpeg

2FEE857A-8698-438B-A33F-919536C557D4.jpeg

Awe, I am sorry he said that. I really like her. She's got a personality and she's beautiful!

Got the text today that the ring was ready and jump in the car only to find it won’t start! Check the fluids and there is no coolant!! Throw coolant in and pray on the way to the jewelry store. Made it there and managed to get the car to the shop but most importantly, she is back! I think Goldie is a good name ;-)

I took lots of different pictures to show her in all different lighting.

In the car:
81FDA685-B6AF-4F29-8EE7-61145E942DDD.jpeg
C2D5C8F5-1347-4FA3-ADDF-82A03337CEA5.jpeg B934A72A-AA5A-47F1-B456-9BD75C0C7E09.jpeg 2BBC9B72-7B6E-48B2-A81A-982E35E0C9AF.jpeg 53739CB7-59CB-499D-872E-7D64D7B16E81.jpeg

In the house:
F7D3307B-C3B8-49FC-AEAF-371443A2A9ED.jpeg B840282E-ACC2-401A-AFCE-8420F28D6459.jpeg 64A182E2-31F9-44CB-910B-B729CED9C25B.jpeg

Outside direct sun:
D2BDF0E2-1E8C-4771-84D6-72E457D9F943.jpeg

Outside shade:
2AD35F08-D009-41CA-953E-7E78A66058ED.jpeg

In the living room low light:
37F00AE2-66D0-47C4-83C8-3D0A77F516C7.jpeg

Ain't nothing gonna stop you from reaching this beauty! Glad you have her safely in your hands again.

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for sharing your journey with us - even the lows. Don't let one opinion, said in a terribly unattractive way, stop you from keeping what you love. I think it's gorgeous!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RockFox, thank you so much!

@Tigerlilyrosepetal, what a pretty name, love it! He must have had a crab in his pants or something that day lol! It turned out to be a good thing because I found a more professional jeweler ;-)

@stracci2000, not the first time and won’t be the last time ;-) I kind of wish I had ventured into the much lower colors sooner because they are so fun. Very chameleon like.

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen, nothing stands in the way of bling! Worst case scenario there is always Uber!

@lovetodream, nah, he is narrow-minded, I love especially because it is so unique, not something everyone is wearing, love that!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray! You got it! Thank you for doing whatever you could to get your booty over to the jeweler’s to bless us with pics! She’s a beaut!!!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Goldie is gorgeous! I can't wait to see her in person. I SO want to try on your other new set, too--the one with the tapered baguette solitaire. That's one of my favorite classic settings. I think we need another bling-y grown-up playdate one of these days!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Spring Day, Woot! I am so excited to finally be able to wear it!

@natasha-cupcake, you can try everything on ;-) let me know when you want to meet up for coffee or lunch, I’m down for whatever!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada, you're my hero LOL...you're not going to let something like a car not starting get in your way of picking up bling :lol-2: This ring is beautiful! The diamond color is gorgeous and I can tell how much it sparkles even in the pics. Looks fantastic on you!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada, you're my hero LOL...you're not going to let something like a car not starting get in your way of picking up bling :lol-2: This ring is beautiful! The diamond color is gorgeous and I can tell how much it sparkles even in the pics. Looks fantastic on you!!

Is it bad that I was more concerned with getting the ring than what’s up with the car?! Still no word about the car unfortunately.

Thank you so much for your sweet compliments. I love how unique this stone is and most importantly that it looks good in my house. Our lighting isn’t great so finding a stone that looks good throughout the day is a challenge.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it bad that I was more concerned with getting the ring than what’s up with the car?! Still no word about the car unfortunately.

Thank you so much for your sweet compliments. I love how unique this stone is and most importantly that it looks good in my house. Our lighting isn’t great so finding a stone that looks good throughout the day is a challenge.

Ugh, sorry about the car! I hope it's nothing serious.

It's a big plus that the diamond looks good in the house, especially since that's where we're spending a lot of our time lately!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@YadaYadaYada your ring is so pretty. I especially love how crisp the facets are!

Thanks for sharing your process. I’m a old cut newbie so it’s really helpful for me to hear your perspective.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada your ring is so pretty. I especially love how crisp the facets are!

Thanks for sharing your process. I’m a old cut newbie so it’s really helpful for me to hear your perspective.

Thank you! It’s really been a process of figuring out wants and balancing them with a budget. Part of the reason I made this thread is to show there was some method to the madness ;-)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada OMG that ring is lovely! :D I think you did an awesome job finding it!

Thank you! I actually found this one a month ago but my transitional ring hadn’t sold so I didn’t have the funds for it. Well luckily someone came along and bought that ring and this one was still available. It just all worked out.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bad news bears on the car, the head gasket went so now we need a new car :(

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @junebug17, I am so bummed because I love my car. It’s just strange to not have a car all of a sudden but on the flip side, I’m not going anywhere anyways.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock

Oh no! That is the worst. I'm glad you have something so sunny and sparkly to hang out at the house with you!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MeowMeow thanks, now I just need to find a car now!

Thanks @CSpan yes definitely a challenge buying a car but we are on a mission this weekend.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Drats! Is this the high milage car?
Honey, I feel your pain. I went through this last September.

I hate cars because I don't know anything about them, and we are at the mercy of the mechanic. DH knows a bit about cars, but not enough to do major repairs.
And now your car insurance bill just went up. You can't change out your car without the insurance company getting in on the fun.:angryfire:
Cars always interfere with bling.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, yes this is our only car because DH has a company vehicle. So this has been our only vehicle for 13 years...Toyota Highlander such a great vehicle.

Car shopping is the pits, today was a little better thankfully and we have narrowed down our options pretty well. Hopefully we will find a good prospect tomorrow. We have a rental until Monday, it’s like bleeding money right now.

Yup the insurance will go up of course, oh well.

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen actually we are buying pre-owned so the interest rates don’t help us much BUT our credit is really good. So that will help us out.

@stracci2000, yes this is our only car because DH has a company vehicle. So this has been our only vehicle for 13 years...Toyota Highlander such a great vehicle.

Car shopping is the pits, today was a little better thankfully and we have narrowed down our options pretty well. Hopefully we will find a good prospect tomorrow. We have a rental until Monday, it’s like bleeding money right now.

Yup the insurance will go up of course, oh well.

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen actually we are buying pre-owned so the interest rates don’t help us much BUT our credit is really good. So that will help us out.

O that's even better. Hope you guys find a new ASAP and have one less thing to worry about!

And what choices have you narrowed down your search to?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
O that's even better. Hope you guys find a new ASAP and have one less thing to worry about!

And what choices have you narrowed down your search to?

We test drove four cars today and three last night. Out of all of them we loved the 2018 Acura RDX the best, within budget, not a lot of miles and rode nicely. Unfortunately we read that owners of this vehicle have had problems with the car suddenly losing power and transmission problems.

Now we are looking at a 2018 Mazda CX-9 in either the Touring or Grand Touring model. A relative recently got a Mazda CX-5 and she said she liked it better than her Nissan or the Toyota’s she’s had. A safe bet would be another Toyota Highlander but I kind of want something different.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to look at this beautiful stone!
It's a beautiful cut and color.
<3

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love this stone too. Warm mine cuts are awesome. I bet it’s a firecracker at night.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PreRaphaelite and @MMtwo thank you both so much. This ring by far is the most well made ring I own. In fact I was wearing this ring into the pawn shop I go to regularly a while back, the guy who works there was amazed at the craftsmanship. I remember he turned it over and said “it even looks beautiful on the underside!”

It does have amazing kozibe, despite not being high clarity, still amazed I found a mine cut in this color!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results