shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
How is that possible!?! Did you buy it?
. Nope had to leave it there. It’s been there for over 1.5 years. Saw it there the first time I went in that shop in Nov ‘17.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it but it seems priced really high.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

wanamaker

Rough_Rock
Wanamaker - can you start a dedicated thread about your ring please??

I second this and add a "pretty please"!!

@wanamaker, I am in love with your ring! I would love to know more about it.

Thanks for the warm words! I won't have it with me until March to take more photos. I shall put up more photos if you'd like to see then.

I'm also very happy that you find it pretty. I'm a novice with gemstones and only started looking into it for my engagement. We also had a modest budget so none of the stones is really with killer specs (and this site is filled with breathtaking wonders!).

The main stones are unheated/untreated Mozambique rubies ranging from 1.07ct to 1.24ct. They are dark "vivid red" or vivid red w/out strong fluorescence as per the GRS reports. The setting is custom made with 6 accent diamonds and 2 baguette to mimic the look of a ruby ring we found online and both fell in love with.

Here is our inspiration photo:
dd21af8ac477f6043f93233a8e9a9bb3.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
329AE0CA-1790-4060-86D9-4D03A9C91A7A.jpeg Ok. So I know I have been on a reset rampage. But I can honestly say that I’m quite taken by this most recent one! Here she is. My 2.52 I in her new dress.
I look forward to your posts Nala! She looks really pretty in her new party dress! :P2 BTW..What do you use to take your photos? They’re always so clear even close up..

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I look forward to your posts Nala! She looks really pretty in her new party dress! :P2 BTW..What do you use to take your photos? They’re always so clear even close up..
Ty! I use my iPhone 7. Nothing else. I just make sure there is a bit of shade on a sunny day. Most are taken in my car under those conditions.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ty! I use my iPhone 7. Nothing else. I just make sure there is a bit of shade on a sunny day. Most are taken in my car under those conditions.
Thanks! I’ll try that!

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
329AE0CA-1790-4060-86D9-4D03A9C91A7A.jpeg Ok. So I know I have been on a reset rampage. But I can honestly say that I’m quite taken by this most recent one! Here she is. My 2.52 I in her new dress.
Nala, That is exquisite.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@nala..I always say I LOVE seeing her in all her settings. This new one is gorgeous. It showed me I can take my diamond out and reset it for a change without it being a big deal. I just had my diamond set in a new setting this past year..and I can’t believe I’m missing my six prong cathedral setting. It made my stone look larger. I wouldn’t do the cathedral again because it was too high but I would like it to be a little higher. I still love my new setting but the profile not as much.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala..I always say I LOVE seeing her in all her settings. This new one is gorgeous. It showed me I can take my diamond out and reset it for a change without it being a big deal. I just had my diamond set in a new setting this past year..and I can’t believe I’m missing my six prong cathedral setting. It made my stone look larger. I wouldn’t do the cathedral again because it was too high but I would like it to be a little higher. I still love my new setting but the profile not as much.
Omg! Start a thread so we can all help!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg! Start a thread so we can all help!!
Haha! Thanks @nala! I’m in the middle of so many things right now I’m waiting for a while! I do love it but it’s just a little too low...I have to think about what I would do about it.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
EE2DFC92-E762-4798-BC70-EF474D675FBA.jpeg 8225DD66-B5B2-4D11-8AE7-EBD82D76BFFA.jpeg 56E62A2B-241C-4282-A63C-B78058CC97D8.jpeg
Newbie here, I was a victim of a home invasion in 2015 where I lost my original wedding set (my husband carried my original ering on his pocket as he flew 9000 miles to propose to me. We use to live halfway across the world from each other. Needless to say, we were devastated.)For our upcoming 5th anniversary I figured that although it is impossible to replace the sentimental value of my original wedding set, it is time to get some new rings. The wedding ring came first and I had the e ring custom made next, I didn’t intend for them to be worn together as I thought I wouldn’t have a replacement erunf for a long time! I might get a thinner pave / or plain wedding band and wear this one in my right hand.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the ugly hands I get paper cuts at work like crazyyyyy.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
EE2DFC92-E762-4798-BC70-EF474D675FBA.jpeg 8225DD66-B5B2-4D11-8AE7-EBD82D76BFFA.jpeg 56E62A2B-241C-4282-A63C-B78058CC97D8.jpeg
Newbie here, I was a victim of a home invasion in 2015 where I lost my original wedding set (my husband carried my original ering on his pocket as he flew 9000 miles to propose to me. We use to live halfway across the world from each other. Needless to say, we were devastated.)For our upcoming 5th anniversary I figured that although it is impossible to replace the sentimental value of my original wedding set, it is time to get some new rings. The wedding ring came first and I had the e ring custom made next, I didn’t intend for them to be worn together as I thought I wouldn’t have a replacement erunf for a long time! I might get a thinner pave / or plain wedding band and wear this one in my right hand.
I’m sorry your original ring was stolen..but your new ring is gorgeous!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ean, your new ring is gorgeous! I am so sorry for your loss of your original. That is a devastating blow. By home invasion, do you mean that you were home at the time? That is my nightmare these days. Makes me never want to open my door to a stranger again.
I hope the new ring makes you smile when you look at it. It is truly lovely.

Reactions: ean

ean

Brilliant_Rock
@luv2sparkle

Thank you so much! Yes, I was in bed when they came in through my kitchen window that had a broken lock (we lived in a duplex when we first got married, it wasn’t the nicest.) I heard some footsteps and was about to get up but decided against thinking it was just my husband forgetting his lunch for some reason. They opened my bedroom door, quickly shut it, and exited through the back door. I got up and saw everything was dishiveled and missing. I just stood there for what seemed like a minute, broke down, called my husband then the cops. We didn’t get a single thing back and moved out a week after. If anything, I’ve learned to triple check all my windows and doors at all times.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@luv2sparkle

Thank you so much! Yes, I was in bed when they came in through my kitchen window that had a broken lock (we lived in a duplex when we first got married, it wasn’t the nicest.) I heard some footsteps and was about to get up but decided against thinking it was just my husband forgetting his lunch for some reason. They opened my bedroom door, quickly shut it, and exited through the back door. I got up and saw everything was dishiveled and missing. I just stood there for what seemed like a minute, broke down, called my husband then the cops. We didn’t get a single thing back and moved out a week after. If anything, I’ve learned to triple check all my windows and doors at all times.
That is so scary! I’m so happy you are okay!

Reactions: ean

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ean, I am so glad you weren't hurt! That is scary! I walked in on some burglars when I came home for lunch when we lived in our first home. They came in a back window. I never saw them. They stole my 14k class ring and a mini tape player ( wow, does that date me, it was 1984). I never got my ring back either, even though they caught the guys.
I hope you never experience any thing like that again.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
@luv2sparkle

Ugh!! I am glad you are okay. I get actual nightmares at night about that exact thing happening sometimes.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely bling, D &T! That Sholdt is killer.

Reactions: D&T
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results