color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my this setting is beautiful and unique. Your diamond is tdf, though I am biased since mine is smaller but similar. Yours looks like a million rays of sunshine gleaming amongst white ice. Enjoy!
Very nice.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Super excited about my new diamond! RB 2.01, GIA 3x, SI2... E color!
After many years of wanting to do this, I had the opportunity to trade in my previous diamond of almost 16 years (3.29 RB, SI2, I color, not GIA, not ideal cut) for something smaller of greater quality.
I had wanted an H & A/suoer ideal in a VS but that nasty word “budget” reared it’s ugky head! So I had to make concessions: Go for SI2 (but much cleaner than the previous), not H & A, and ideal but not super ideal..
I had an excruciatingly difficult struggle choosing between the diamond I ultimately chose and another stone with a just slightly better cut/crisper optical symmetry of G color.
The carat weights were only 1 point apart but the one I didn’t choose faced up larger.
But I just felt I could not leave a 2 carat E color diamond on the table (no pun intended!). I mean, how often does one have the ooortunity to get a GIA E color? I wanted something really RARE... and to have a color that comprises less than 1% of all the diamonds in the world... well, if that doesn’t equate with rare I don’t know what does. It is still a triple excellent so it certainly is no “dog”!
It was really important to me to have a GIA lab report, something I didn’t have with the previous. Also, I wanted a small table (55%)... I just love the visual of that and, after having a table on my previous of 60/61, this is really exciting for me (the one I didn’t go with had a 58% table, certainly still great but that 55% was really something I liked). Also, this new stone has a small “stop sign” which i wanted.
This diamond is laser inscribed and also was newly cut... not that it matters but it just seems special to me. The date of the GIA report was 8 days after my father passed away... so I’m assuming it was cut during the time he was on hospice... I’m sure I’m still mourning but I just feel something about that (although I didn’t notice that on the report until after I had made my selection).
I was proposed to almost 30 years ago (this Fall will be our 30th wedding anniversary). My husband proposed with a stunning 1.01 marquise SI1 in D color. Perfect marquise ratio and minimal bow tie. But I was 24 and immature and wanted BIG and traded that perfect D color diamond for something larger, a RB 1.51, H color, SI1 clarity. And then that wasn’t large enough and I traded up for the 3.29 RB SI2, I color. I cannot even convey how much I regret letting go of that 1.01 marquise D stone, both for its quality and also the sentimentality. Like what’s wrong with me! My husband selected the best to propose with and I gave it away.. I’m so sad about it.
That played a big role in my choosing to go with the E 3x vs the more precise cut in the G color. Not that a G is anything to take for granted by any means whatsoever, but I wanted the rarity of the colorless. I wanted to get as close to what I so stupidly gave up so many years ago. I know people would think I’m nuts to give up a 3.29 very spready stone for a 2.01 with a small table that faces up on the small side for its carat weight.. 8.01mm so it jusr squeaks in at the measurement but I had been regretting an unfortunate purchase for so long and yearned for a stone or high quality in rare colorlesss grade so I made a significant reduction in size. Also, my lifestyle has changed and I’ve changed, and I just didn’t feel the need for the big diamond anymore (not that a 2 carat is small!). After being so all about big for so long, I grew to be a bit embarrassed about it. I don’t judge others for having larger, there was just a change in me.
So now the task at hand (another pun!): To get a decent photo. That will take me some time. I just can’t seem to capture what I’m seeing in person. So I’ve included some quick photos until I have time to devote to PS-worthy ones!
Also note of interest is I have gone through a number of mountings throughout the years of various styles (3 stone, halo, etc.) all in platinum as I thought that was the be all, end all. But I have some hand issues with bone spurs and larger knuckles, weak joints, etc., so I opted to go with 14kt white gold as it’s so much lighter in weight. Wow, I am loving fhe brightness of the white gold. I went for a solitaire. I wanted the diamond to be the main event. What’s so awesome, something I had not anticipated, is the color of the gold is the same as the diamond. It’s like seamless tone-on-tone. The mounting is the Classic Solitaire by Cliq... the mountings that open up so you can get a perfect fit if your knuckle is larger than the place where your ring sits on the finger. It is so comfortable, the most comfortable mounting I’ve ever had. And very timeless, classic, elegant. My previous mounting was a heaviky embellished large halo crown with all pave’ and engraving everywhere... certainly a work of art but I’m loving the simplicity of this new mounting. I’m all for the embellished mounting but, for me, the motivation for the fancy mournting was to detract from what I felt (knew) was a less than desirable diamond.
If you are still reading, thank you for doing so, and thank you for your time. I haven’t been on PS for so long, literally years, because I had such a sub-standard diamond and was both embarrassed about it as well as felt inferior.
I have heard that the HCA is not considered a reliable tool anymore, but I did run the numbers and it came up as Excellent for light return, fire, and scintillation, within TIC range. So, a good start! Then theres iits 3x grading... so far, so good!. In some lighting it is like a continuous explosion of colors! In other lighting the scintillation is mesmerizing. In other lighting it has great contrast and the small table that I love really pops. In other lighting it is so white (colorless) it leaves me breathless. Even in ugly office lighting it looks great. There is only 1 lighting situation where I don’t find it pleasing but other diamonds I have look less than desirable, as well, in that situation so I’m guessing irs just bad light.
Some quick photos:
upload_2019-2-26_0-27-22.jpeg
upload_2019-2-26_0-27-55.jpeg
upload_2019-2-26_0-28-26.jpeg
upload_2019-2-26_0-29-16.jpeg
upload_2019-2-26_0-31-10.jpeg
Thank you for the opportunity to share my story.

Call the fire department because that thing is ON FIRE!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,
So I finally have my gorgeous engagement ring! I really love it - it's very comfortable and sparkles soo much! The width of the band is perfect. I had been concerned that the diamonds on the side as a half eternity would have been rough and uncomfortable between my fingers, so we modified it to take out 2 diamonds on each side. The workmanship is so smooth and like butter and I could have handled the half eternity but that is ok. The ring is absolutely stunning and I'm just thrilled to pieces to have perfect Hearts and Arrows center diamond and superb melee!

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,
So I finally have my gorgeous engagement ring! I really love it - it's very comfortable and sparkles soo much! The width of the band is perfect. I had been concerned that the diamonds on the side as a half eternity would have been rough and uncomfortable between my fingers, so we modified it to take out 2 diamonds on each side. The workmanship is so smooth and like butter and I could have handled the half eternity but that is ok. The ring is absolutely stunning and I'm just thrilled to pieces to have perfect Hearts and Arrows center diamond and superb melee!

Oh what a beautiful ring! I am so happy for you! It looks so perfect on your hand and has all the right proportions and design as well as a stunner diamond.
:appl:

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
20190315_194554.jpg 20190315_195128.jpg what do you think with the band?

I love the band! I also like wearing a plain band when my ring has side stones so it actually highlights the outline of the ER. It's kind of tricky, the balance between more bling, and not overwhelming the engagement ring. I switch out all the time!

Nice match!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I love the band! I also like wearing a plain band when my ring has side stones so it actually highlights the outline of the ER. It's kind of tricky, the balance between more bling, and not overwhelming the engagement ring. I switch out all the time!

Nice match!

Thanks tigertales! That's a good idea - I was thinking of soldering them because I like them to line up perfectly but that's a good idea to get a plain platinum band to try both ways and see what I like more. The e-ring is 2.4mm, maybe a 3mm plain wedding band would be good to try as well.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh what a beautiful ring! I am so happy for you! It looks so perfect on your hand and has all the right proportions and design as well as a stunner diamond.
:appl:
Thank you soo much - I really love the diamond and the ring! It feels so comfortable I don't even know it's on!

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
yes, for me, that's key. I gave up on wearing eternity bands for that reason. so beautiful, but oh so scratchy on delicate skin!
I love that you customized by taking out two side stones...a girl after my own heart when I read that! LOL

wedding band-wise, I would try and get a 2.5. A 3mm might feel a bit too wide believe it or not...depends on the make, but just FYI.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
That's a great idea - I think I will def get a 2.5 mm platinum band for variety! A girl needs variety for sure! And it's great to know I'm not alone in not tolerating itchy diamonds lol!
I had tried on so many rings in stores with diamonds going down the sides and it was soo uncomfortable. But this style the Dream by BGD is like butter and totally comfortable. We erred on the conservative side by customizing but if I had known the workmanship would be so comfortable I would have done the 1/2 eternity. But it's ok, I love my ring and I love that it's custom and it's soo comfortable and most importantly, sparkly! Thanks for your support and excitement.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
92C98D0F-6800-4EDE-B5BD-CB1725D7392D.jpeg A7626206-A06B-4CFD-898F-13F1729055E4.jpeg A547D545-1361-489E-89FA-1F976C58A321.jpeg I’m new to PS but found so many posts helpful as I planned my engagement ring upgrade. Here it is—modest by PS standards, but not by mine! I pick up my matching platinum knife edge band tomorrow.
Center stone 1.0 carat H VS2, pears .3 carat each G VS1
GORGEOUS!!! I love your setting - round with pears so pretty!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
20190315_194554.jpg 20190315_195128.jpg what do you think with the band?

Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous!

I love the look of the band with it too ... so much that I think another one on the other side would also look awesome :wink2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!! Beautiful set! :love:
Thank you Junebug17! I really love it too. Oh and everyone, the BEST lighting for your ring to be on display is....Bass Pro Shop!!! Omg, it was sooo sparkly! My fiance was like that things on fire and I could tell it made him really proud! We are headed to BP with my parents to have a little fun and show them the fire!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous!

I love the look of the band with it too ... so much that I think another one on the other side would also look awesome :wink2:
Thank you Kmoro! That thought has crossed my mind!!! I think it would be soo beautiful and sparkly! I get a little finger swelling so I'm not sure if I could handle another band but I need to try it with a plain band and then if we love it, maybe for the first anniversary! Love what you're thinking the more bling the better!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

@bling_dream19 - Can we get some stats on your beautiful rings, pls? Finger size as well, if that's not a bother. I love the proportions of this on your hand.

I've recently bought a new diamond to make a casual diamond soli, and I'm hoping mine looks as nice on me as yours does on you! I suspect your diamond might be somewhat larger tho....

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 - Can we get some stats on your beautiful rings, pls? Finger size as well, if that's not a bother. I love the proportions of this on your hand.

I've recently bought a new diamond to make a casual diamond soli, and I'm hoping mine looks as nice on me as yours does on you! I suspect your diamond might be somewhat larger tho....

Yes yes! It is 1.17 ct G Brian Gavin Signature hearts and arrows with 3 side stones on each side of .05ct, so 1.47 ct total on the ering set in platinum. The setting is called the Dream, and we customized to have 3 sides to ensure I didn't feel anything rough. And it is soo comfortable! And I just love the Truth head, I love the hearts and makes me feel really loved when I look at my ring, and I love the curve of the prongs and how they are barely noticeable. I just see the beautifull diamond and sparkly sides.
The wedding band design I believe was inspired by Dreamer dasher so I am eternally greatful! I wanted a low profile and just wanted to see bling, not metal. I knew BG diamonds were going to sparkle like crazy and I'm just blown away by the quality.
We modified the band to be 7 diamonds at .05 each, so the band is .35ct.
Once we get married, I plan to wear them together for a while and decide if I want to have BG solder them together
Thank you for your compliment MrsB you have gorgeous pieces and exquisite taste. I will have to look up what is a diamond soli. Keep us posted on your next project. Im happy to give more information. My finger is size 7.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thank you SO much zestfullybling! I love it soo much! It's so great to have found PS and be able to admire and gush over our jewels with no judgement! I feel like I have found my people. :P2:wavey::love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results