shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by Colored Gemstone Nut, Mar 15, 2003.

1. violet3
    Ideal_Rock

by violet3 » Mar 15, 2019
    Goodness this is pretty! I love radiant cuts, and you rarely get to see them! :love: @nyctechchick

mermaid likes this.
  2. nyctechchick
    Rough_Rock

by nyctechchick » Mar 16, 2019
    Thanks violet3! Been seeing them more and more lately too. The first time I saw one in person, a canary yellow ex-cut and ex-symmetry one, I was mesmerized.

3. nyctechchick
    Rough_Rock

Thanks headlight! it's a bit over 1ct and the shank is 1.8mm, but not sure. the ex-cut/ex-symmetry is what catches all the light to make it appear bigger I think. but, had a RB in a previous engagement with a plain, classic band like in your profile pic and those will ALWAYS be my favorite style!

4. nyctechchick
    Rough_Rock

Tigertales, many thanks =)

tigertales likes this.

5. caolsen
    Shiny_Rock

by caolsen » Mar 17, 2019
    6266C23E-845F-44E8-A19B-916F17BF27A6.jpeg 48298CC3-6584-41B2-8FD5-3AEDF9B9BB10.jpeg

.75 Light Fancy VVS2 with .40 tcw side traps,hat crown melee in white gold.

mermaid, suzanne2, KKJohnson and 4 others like this.
  6. ChickityChicken
    Rough_Rock

by ChickityChicken » Mar 17, 2019
    Oh my this setting is beautiful and unique. Your diamond is tdf, though I am biased since mine is smaller but similar. Yours looks like a million rays of sunshine gleaming amongst white ice. Enjoy!

7. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Mar 18, 2019
    Love your stone! Sooooo beautiful! :love:

caolsen likes this.
  8. CravingDiamonds
    Brilliant_Rock

by CravingDiamonds » Mar 20, 2019
    Very nice.

9. caolsen
    Shiny_Rock

by caolsen » Mar 20, 2019
    Thank you - I was quite taken with the funky setting when I saw it :) highlighted the light fancy stone nicely.

10. caolsen
    Shiny_Rock

Thank you - it’s a funky little ring, and the little blob of sunshine in the middle is always fun.

11. caolsen
    Shiny_Rock

Call the fire department because that thing is ON FIRE!

mermaid and bling_dream19 like this.
  12. bling_dream19
    Shiny_Rock

by bling_dream19 » Mar 21, 2019
    Hi Everyone,
    So I finally have my gorgeous engagement ring! I really love it - it's very comfortable and sparkles soo much! The width of the band is perfect. I had been concerned that the diamonds on the side as a half eternity would have been rough and uncomfortable between my fingers, so we modified it to take out 2 diamonds on each side. The workmanship is so smooth and like butter and I could have handled the half eternity but that is ok. The ring is absolutely stunning and I'm just thrilled to pieces to have perfect Hearts and Arrows center diamond and superb melee!

tigertales likes this.
  13. tigertales
    Shiny_Rock

by tigertales » Mar 21, 2019
    Oh what a beautiful ring! I am so happy for you! It looks so perfect on your hand and has all the right proportions and design as well as a stunner diamond.
    :appl:

14. bling_dream19
    Shiny_Rock

15. bling_dream19
    Shiny_Rock

16. tigertales
    Shiny_Rock

I love the band! I also like wearing a plain band when my ring has side stones so it actually highlights the outline of the ER. It's kind of tricky, the balance between more bling, and not overwhelming the engagement ring. I switch out all the time!

Nice match!

17. bling_dream19
    Shiny_Rock

Thanks tigertales! That's a good idea - I was thinking of soldering them because I like them to line up perfectly but that's a good idea to get a plain platinum band to try both ways and see what I like more. The e-ring is 2.4mm, maybe a 3mm plain wedding band would be good to try as well.

mermaid likes this.
  18. bling_dream19
    Shiny_Rock

Thank you soo much - I really love the diamond and the ring! It feels so comfortable I don't even know it's on!

19. tigertales
    Shiny_Rock

yes, for me, that's key. I gave up on wearing eternity bands for that reason. so beautiful, but oh so scratchy on delicate skin!
    I love that you customized by taking out two side stones...a girl after my own heart when I read that! LOL

wedding band-wise, I would try and get a 2.5. A 3mm might feel a bit too wide believe it or not...depends on the make, but just FYI.

20. bling_dream19
    Shiny_Rock

That's a great idea - I think I will def get a 2.5 mm platinum band for variety! A girl needs variety for sure! And it's great to know I'm not alone in not tolerating itchy diamonds lol!
    I had tried on so many rings in stores with diamonds going down the sides and it was soo uncomfortable. But this style the Dream by BGD is like butter and totally comfortable. We erred on the conservative side by customizing but if I had known the workmanship would be so comfortable I would have done the 1/2 eternity. But it's ok, I love my ring and I love that it's custom and it's soo comfortable and most importantly, sparkly! Thanks for your support and excitement.

tigertales likes this.
  21. bling_dream19
    Shiny_Rock

GORGEOUS!!! I love your setting - round with pears so pretty!

22. junebug17
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by junebug17 » Mar 22, 2019
    Love it!!! Beautiful set! :love:

23. kmoro
    Brilliant_Rock

by kmoro » Mar 22, 2019
    Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous!

I love the look of the band with it too ... so much that I think another one on the other side would also look awesome :wink2:

24. bling_dream19
    Shiny_Rock

by bling_dream19 » Mar 23, 2019
    Thank you Junebug17! I really love it too. Oh and everyone, the BEST lighting for your ring to be on display is....Bass Pro Shop!!! Omg, it was sooo sparkly! My fiance was like that things on fire and I could tell it made him really proud! We are headed to BP with my parents to have a little fun and show them the fire!

junebug17 likes this.
  25. bling_dream19
    Shiny_Rock

by bling_dream19 » Mar 23, 2019
    Thank you Kmoro! That thought has crossed my mind!!! I think it would be soo beautiful and sparkly! I get a little finger swelling so I'm not sure if I could handle another band but I need to try it with a plain band and then if we love it, maybe for the first anniversary! Love what you're thinking the more bling the better!

26. bling_dream19
    Shiny_Rock

by bling_dream19 » Mar 25, 2019
    Some sparkly ones in Bass pro I love the icy 7628.jpeg 7624.jpeg color!

missy, ZestfullyBling, KaeKae and 3 others like this.
  27. mrs-b
    Ideal_Rock

by mrs-b » Mar 27, 2019
    @bling_dream19 - Can we get some stats on your beautiful rings, pls? Finger size as well, if that's not a bother. I love the proportions of this on your hand.

I've recently bought a new diamond to make a casual diamond soli, and I'm hoping mine looks as nice on me as yours does on you! I suspect your diamond might be somewhat larger tho....

JT123 likes this.
  28. ZestfullyBling
    Brilliant_Rock

mermaid, missy, plpinkinsa and 8 others like this.
  29. bling_dream19
    Shiny_Rock

by bling_dream19 » Mar 27, 2019
    Yes yes! It is 1.17 ct G Brian Gavin Signature hearts and arrows with 3 side stones on each side of .05ct, so 1.47 ct total on the ering set in platinum. The setting is called the Dream, and we customized to have 3 sides to ensure I didn't feel anything rough. And it is soo comfortable! And I just love the Truth head, I love the hearts and makes me feel really loved when I look at my ring, and I love the curve of the prongs and how they are barely noticeable. I just see the beautifull diamond and sparkly sides.
    The wedding band design I believe was inspired by Dreamer dasher so I am eternally greatful! I wanted a low profile and just wanted to see bling, not metal. I knew BG diamonds were going to sparkle like crazy and I'm just blown away by the quality.
    We modified the band to be 7 diamonds at .05 each, so the band is .35ct.
    Once we get married, I plan to wear them together for a while and decide if I want to have BG solder them together
    Thank you for your compliment MrsB you have gorgeous pieces and exquisite taste. I will have to look up what is a diamond soli. Keep us posted on your next project. Im happy to give more information. My finger is size 7.

ZestfullyBling, mrs-b and JT123 like this.
  30. bling_dream19
    Shiny_Rock

by bling_dream19 » Mar 27, 2019
    That is gorgeous! Love the 3 stone with dainty halo. Soo beautiful! Enjoy!

cushioncutnut and ZestfullyBling like this.