shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I won't have this a long time, as I intend to use this stone to upgrade next year. But for now - it's rather lovely!

1.4ct I SI1 set by DKJ in platinum.

20190425_185334.jpg

20190425_185327.jpg

20190425_185225.jpg

20190425_185221.jpg
Gorgeous @mrs-b, I love a classic sparkling soli, you wear it beautifully :love:.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @bling_dream19 and @Sparkles88 :wavey:

It's a lovely size diamond for something you can clealy see, but which doesn't draw a lot of attention. I got it from Blue Nile, but it's very nicely cut, with all the right stats, and it's very clean, especially for an SI1. And I'm REALLY impressed with the color; I've had 3 I-colored solitaire diamonds in my time, and this one is by far the whitest I've ever had, and has ZERO side tint. If I could be sure I'd get such a white 'I' when I upgrade next year, I'd be looking for another I-colored stone.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a couple of photos I took this morning with various bands. Again - it's my new 1.4ct I SI1 in platinum by DKJ.

20190426_104903.jpg

20190426_104853.jpg

20190426_104645.jpg

And lastly - my favorite....

20190426_104152.jpg
It’s lovely @mrs-b! It looks so white! What will you do with your platinum setting when you upgrade? I don’t know how much give a setting has...I’m wondering if you can use the same setting..Maybe that’s your plan?

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing the extra photos @mrs-b, are you able to post some profile shots? I’ve been thinking of resetting my soli, sorry to derail thread, but do vendors sell just the setting if I provide the measurements of my diamond.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Sparkles88 :)) I'm sure DKJ would make you just a setting - I seem to remember them having done that a number of times in the past. Are you outside the US?

I don't have any profile shots of this setting to hand, but I initially had this setting made for a 2.5ct diamond, and here are some photos of that setting. Same setting - just a bit bigger, and I have to say, for something plain - this is my all time favorite solitaire setting. Something about the curve of the arms.

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_6182.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely @mrs-b! It looks so white! What will you do with your platinum setting when you upgrade? I don’t know how much give a setting has...I’m wondering if you can use the same setting..Maybe that’s your plan?

Hi @Mamabean :wavey:

Well, I'll re-use it - in that it will be melted down and the metal will be re-used. But ultimately, it will probably be a halo or a three stone. The center stone in the 3 stone in my avatar will be upgraded and turned into a plain solitaire at some point, and this smaller diamond will 'fill its spot' as the three stone in my jewelry box. Everything that goes around comes around.... :))

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @Sparkles88 :)) I'm sure DKJ would make you just a setting - I seem to remember them having done that a number of times in the past. Are you outside the US?

I don't have any profile shots of this setting to hand, but I initially had this setting made for a 2.5ct diamond, and here are some photos of that setting. Same setting - just a bit bigger, and I have to say, for something plain - this is my all time favorite solitaire setting. Something about the curve of the arms.

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_6182.jpg
Thank you so much :kiss2:
Yes, I’m in Australia, my diamond is 2.4ct and I’ve always thought my prongs were bulky when my ring was made but I didn’t have the heart to tell my DH. It’s been over 10 years now, so I don’t think he will mind if I change it, just a bit :lol:.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @Mamabean :wavey:

Well, I'll re-use it - in that it will be melted down and the metal will be re-used. But ultimately, it will probably be a halo or a three stone. The center stone in the 3 stone in my avatar will be upgraded and turned into a plain solitaire at some point, and this smaller diamond will 'fill its spot' as the three stone in my jewelry box. Everything that goes around comes around.... :))
:wavey: @mrs-b! You are the ultimate jewelry recycler...I like the way you think things out and reuse or repurpose all your jewelry so there's no waste! I make plenty of decisions I regret and it’s wasteful. I could have bought the Hope Diamond at this point.
I remember you saying you were going to upgrade your center diamond before you go back to Australia. Are you going back to the size you previously purchased...but traded it in for the higher color but smaller diamond? It’s hard to say that about your 3+ diamond...:love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: @mrs-b! You are the ultimate jewelry recycler...I like the way you think things out and reuse or repurpose all your jewelry so there's no waste! I make plenty of decisions I regret and it’s wasteful. I could have bought the Hope Diamond at this point.
I remember you saying you were going to upgrade your center diamond before you go back to Australia. Are you going back to the size you previously purchased...but traded it in for the higher color but smaller diamond? It’s hard to say that about your 3+ diamond...:love:

Awww - thank you for those kind words, @Mamabean! I DO know what you mean about being wasteful with jewelry - I've had some spectacular failures that have cost plenty! At this point, tho, I want forever settings, so I'm prepared to pay the extra to re-set or re-do if that's what it takes.

I want to go to something at least as big as the one I had before - but no halo this time, and whiter. That won't be for about another 3 years yet, tho. My 60th is next year, and we're doing a few jewelry things then, so that will be fun. But my biggest problem re jewelry at this point is that I've just lost 45 lbs and anything with either an eternity setting, or a lot of diamonds going over the top of my finger, will need to be remade. And everything will need to be at least resized. I want to lose a few more lbs, but then I'll start the excruciating and hideously expensive task of resetting / resizing. o_O

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww - thank you for those kind words, @Mamabean! I DO know what you mean about being wasteful with jewelry - I've had some spectacular failures that have cost plenty! At this point, tho, I want forever settings, so I'm prepared to pay the extra to re-set or re-do if that's what it takes.

I want to go to something at least as big as the one I had before - but no halo this time, and whiter. That won't be for about another 3 years yet, tho. My 60th is next year, and we're doing a few jewelry things then, so that will be fun. But my biggest problem re jewelry at this point is that I've just lost 45 lbs and anything with either an eternity setting, or a lot of diamonds going over the top of my finger, will need to be remade. And everything will need to be at least resized. I want to lose a few more lbs, but then I'll start the excruciating and hideously expensive task of resetting / resizing. o_O
@mrs-b I just had my 65th birthday..I still feel young inside so I find it humorous when I look in the mirror and see what I really look like! :lol: I’m very grateful though because I’ve had major health scares so I’ll take my aging face and body any day!

My husband gives me mad money for gifts...which sounds weird... but he likes to buy me jewelry and handbags and I’ve had to accept them even though they were hideous. It was a lot of wasted money because I didn’t wear them except when we had to go somewhere and I knew he wanted me to wear them. I slowly got him to the point where he gives me a lump sum and I can do what I want with it. This year..because it was my 65th...and I don’t like a fuss or parties in my honor...I got a larger sum for a gift. He wanted me to upgrade my diamond..We didn’t buy my original diamond from a vendor that had a good trade-in policy. I felt I would have lost too much money selling it...so I bought my cushion..which I LOVE...and my beautiful cluster ring..and lots of other things..I still have money left over so was considering trading it in with Wink and starting a trade up..I get paralysis thinking about it..which is why I admire how you have a vision and are fearless in your mission.

I’m also very impressed with your weight loss!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
IMG_20190324_094233.jpg IMG_20190324_094349.jpg

I posted a thread in Jewelry Pieces here about my setting, when the stone was set too high originally. The jeweller agreed to lower the stone for no extra cost and while a tiny airline is still visible from the side, it is much better now!
Centre pear is G SI2 0.65 and total ct weight is 1.10 on a size 2.75 finger :wavey:
Absolutely stunning!!! one of the prettiest pear rings I've seen!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone has a degradee or randomly sized diamond band?

Thanks!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20190324_094233.jpg IMG_20190324_094349.jpg

I posted a thread in Jewelry Pieces here about my setting, when the stone was set too high originally. The jeweller agreed to lower the stone for no extra cost and while a tiny airline is still visible from the side, it is much better now!
Centre pear is G SI2 0.65 and total ct weight is 1.10 on a size 2.75 finger :wavey:

This is perfect on your hand. And what a lovely ring! Love it. :kiss2:

ETA Love it with the band, too - great choice!

mermaid

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring that looks fabulous on your hand! You did the right thing. Is there a profile shot?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
WOW...so so so pretty! That mounting is amazing and I love when you do the triple stack!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @bling_dream19 and @Sparkles88 :wavey:

It's a lovely size diamond for something you can clearly see, but which doesn't draw a lot of attention. I got it from Blue Nile, but it's very nicely cut, with all the right stats, and it's very clean, especially for an SI1. And I'm REALLY impressed with the color; I've had 3 I-colored solitaire diamonds in my time, and this one is by far the whitest I've ever had, and has ZERO side tint. If I could be sure I'd get such a white 'I' when I upgrade next year, I'd be looking for another I-colored stone.

It's gorgeous Mrs. B! That is a great find and really nice white I. When I was looking for WF studs, I was lucky to find some whiter "I"s, that color can be top notch if you get the right stone...a high I is a great color and much nicer on the budget then having to go whiter. I was afraid I was going to have to go whiter but soooo happy I tried this whiter pair of I's before jumping to H. DK is setting them in halos right now...

Last edited:

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
CVB Jovyn solitaire and Riviere French cut eternity band. Diamond is 1.84ct I VS2 from Whiteflash. <3
20170424_084410.jpg 20170419_074840.jpg

I am considering a Riviere for my wedding band. What is the width of yours? It is beautiful.

JT123

Shiny_Rock
Allow me to introduce my new engagement ring
D05FE731-9E4C-4DD7-8A60-B8E0BAEF2EAC.jpeg
2.01 carats, G color, VS2, triple excellent cut, GIA certified. The setting is 1.2 carats, U-prong setting with a hidden halo
Would love to see more pics, just beautiful!!

Elsa2006

Rough_Rock
@Sexypiggy Beautiful!! BTW I love the slimness of the prongs in your Tiffany setting--not so prominent where they visually compete with the diamond.

Sexypiggy

Shiny_Rock
@Sexypiggy Beautiful!! BTW I love the slimness of the prongs in your Tiffany setting--not so prominent where they visually compete with the diamond.

Aww thank you! I actually took my original Tiffany ring to the jeweller and asked him to copy it lol

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Allow me to introduce my new engagement ring
D05FE731-9E4C-4DD7-8A60-B8E0BAEF2EAC.jpeg
2.01 carats, G color, VS2, triple excellent cut, GIA certified. The setting is 1.2 carats, U-prong setting with a hidden halo

I LOVE it!!! Congratulations:love: Could we see profile shots pretty please?!:love::appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results