shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by Colored Gemstone Nut, Mar 15, 2003.

1. junebug17
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by junebug17 » Jul 20, 2019
    Gorgeous!!! :love::love::love:

MauiGirl likes this.
  2. Natylad
    Ideal_Rock

by Natylad » Jul 22, 2019
    I've spent an hour looking at everybody's beautiful pieces:love: I had forgotten how soothing this can be for the soul....
    I hope that all the dear people on PS, who contribute to these boards with photos of their amazing pieces, enjoy their bling to the maximum and always wear it in good health.
    I don't remember if I have posted my ring! So just in case I haven't:cheeky:.... Here it is....
    (Please excuse my extremely dry hands. I also have eczema and feel very self conscious IMG_20190722_212827.jpg IMG_20190722_212810.jpg but still have the guts to wear beautiful bling, even if it attracts attention where attention is not needed!)

Ra2nl, Tekate, luxe and 5 others like this.
  3. canuk-gal
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by canuk-gal » Jul 25, 2019

Gosh, NL--you are very beautiful. There are no flaws!:wavey:

Tekate and junebug17 like this.
  4. luxe
    Rough_Rock

by luxe » Jul 26, 2019
    DEEEB312-7516-4153-B569-206DF93E71A1.jpeg

Not sure if I’ve yet posted this iteration of my oval. Almost embarrassed to say this is my third setting for this beauty .. I’m having a Goldie Locks moment with this diamond and nothing is “just right”. This has sat on consignment for a year with a local jeweller and just picked her up again yesterday ... I was disappointed with the lack of sale at first but then remembered how she sparkles, have to say that I’m happy to have this diamond back.

I’m enjoying wearing it for now and plan to have her reset in yellow gold sometime in the (hopefully!) near future.

Ra2nl, Tekate, junebug17 and 4 others like this.

5. Natylad
    Ideal_Rock

by Natylad » Jul 26, 2019
    You are so kind @canuk-gal ::) Thank you so much :wavey:

6. Begonia
    Brilliant_Rock

by Begonia » Jul 28, 2019
    I like how the little dudes are synchronized :lol:

7. Sunshine812
    Rough_Rock

by Sunshine812 » Jul 31, 2019
    Beautiful, can I ask what the setting is called?

8. kmoro
    Brilliant_Rock

by kmoro » Jul 31, 2019
    Of course! I did the exact same thing when I saw a picture ... it is Stuller “Floral-Inspired Engagement Ring Mounting”, item #121997 https://www.stuller.com/products/bu...roupId=113503&recommendationSource=SiteSearch

I used a 7.4 mm size for a 7.7 mm diamond ... this minimizes the petal effect a bit (something the other poster did as well, and I liked the look of it, haha)

I still absolutely love it, btw! It is delicate and still has a solitaire feel that is just a bit more interesting to me. I now have several matching wedding bands to dress it up as much as I like, haha. But you know what? I still think it is prettiest on its own.

Thank you for asking! I love that you also love my setting :kiss2:

ETA: The settings are not available for purchase off the site ... you need to have an authorized jeweller source Stuller settings for you ... I got mine from Good Old Gold and they were wonderful ... but then I found out that Whiteflash could have done the same thing - I just didn’t ask and there is nothing on their site. So I suggest asking your diamond vendor if they can source Stuller settings if you decide to go that route.

7A2D51A1-494D-428F-B0F7-8EB5AE834F1A.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  9. Sunshine812
    Rough_Rock

by Sunshine812 » Jul 31, 2019
    Wow, thank you so much for all your information! I’ve been married for 22 years and wanted to upgrade. I got a 1 ct princess cut F VVS2, for my wedding. Then I got a Crisscut Diamond and then didn’t like it cause it got filmy every week. So now I’m looking for something beautiful and shiny, and came across your setting and fell in love with it. Believe me I’ve been looking for months and started with an oval, then a round, and then saw Diamonds by Lauren and wanted a Pink Lemonade Yellow Cushion with pink diamonds as halo and setting, then back to Oval. Until I saw yours today. The Ovals have some sparkle as long as you get the right cut, but the rounds have the best, yours really does have that sparkle especially in that setting.
    Thank you for letting me know about Stuller! I was on WF and could not find the setting, I almost panicked, lol. Until you told me.
    What you did for the sizing of the setting was just perfect. I’m so glad I found your picture before I jumped to buy a diamond. Do you think it would look ok in RG or YG? I know WG shows the best, just asking what you think.
    Your ring is beautiful by itself, but I love the wedding bands, especially the ones closer to the engagement ring, what is that wedding set? Looks like it was meant for your engagement ring.
    One more quest, what made you pick WF?
    Thank you so much for answering back, I sure appreciate it.

10. kmoro
    Brilliant_Rock

by kmoro » Aug 1, 2019
    Wow - you have been on quite the journey! I’ve spent many years dreaming of some kind of diamond ring as well ... I ended up liking the round brilliant cut best but I love a few others too. This particular ring was a special purchase.

I think a well cut RBC would look nice in any type of metal ... it is all up to you. I thought that the high color would look best in a white metal and picked platinum, but I find that I really like the white diamonds in colored metal as well. They say that the diamond picks up the tint but I dunno ... I think it can make the white of the diamond “pop.” So yes, I would think it would look great in RG or YG ... whatever you like the best.

The rings closer to the engagement ring are the standard matching wedding bands that you see on the Stuller site ... except I picked the colored stones etc. The sapphire bands are custom by Stuller - same matching band but wider for larger stones. I do not usually wear all of them at the same time, I just did that for this thread. The thing about the ones closer to the engagement ring is that they blend the profile of the engagement ring, so they change the look of it quite a bit. When the sapphire bands are next to the engagement ring, the floral design stays more visible.

5329DA4C-0F92-4A65-8AA4-A66C0B554213.jpeg 47C71BE7-AE9A-4AB1-B2C5-0C33425B081F.jpeg

I picked Whiteflash because of their great reputation, their super-ideals, upgrade policy, and price. I’m not saying that ACAs are cheap ... but they seemed a bit less than CBI at the time .. CBI has since had a price drop so maybe they are closer now. There are other vendors that can source you a gorgeous diamond too, but Whiteflash and High Performance Diamonds have the best upgrade policies. Also, there is not usually a huge selection of super-ideals in the size, colour and clarity that I wanted. Just to make the long story short, Whiteflash was able to get me a diamond that I absolutely love, and they made the process a pleasure.

I like Whiteflash so much, that I just bought another .85 ct ACA and set it in this:
    3B84B7CD-0CBE-479B-A6E9-59AC5A1EBF2F.jpeg
    (ships to me this Friday ... this is a picture of the setting with a .30 ct ACA)

I really do get a kick out of the beautiful diamond in the first two pictures, it never wears off .... if diamonds are a “thing” for you, a beautifully cut round brilliant is very special. The 1.71 ct started to look small to me but then I stayed off of PS for awhile and it got bigger again, haha. I’m really happy with the size and doubt that I’ll upgrade it ... but we will see.

Hopefully this is my last edit: I should not forget to mention that Good Old Gold sourced the setting and wedding bands for me. They were also super to deal with and I don’t want to forget them! It would only have been more convenient if I had Whiteflash source the engagement ring setting because they had the diamond that I wanted ... it did not even occur to me to ask. The GOG site showed Stuller as an option so I contacted them and ordered ... when I mentioned this to WF they told me they could have done the same thing .... oops.

Good luck on your journey and have fun! and don’t forget to let us follow along and post lots of pictures!

:wavey:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    bling_dream19 and Sunshine812 like this.

11. cettesaphir
    Rough_Rock

by cettesaphir » Aug 1, 2019
    I also admire this setting (@kmoro I have your reveal post saved as inspiration!), and had bookmarked these photos of the rose gold version a while back! https://www.instagram.com/p/BxyhZOulzIz/

kmoro likes this.