color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I like how the little dudes are synchronized :lol:

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, can I ask what the setting is called?
I have glam shots!!! The ring is in the mail!!! (to arrive on Monday)

I think the diamond looks spectacular - not sure if I would be able to take pictures like that.

So this is the custom cut ACA, 1.716, D, VVS2 ... my wait is almost over. I hope it’s ok that I have taken comfort in seeing other people be impatient as well, lol.

22779C89-B8BD-4303-A772-16183A0A21CA.jpeg 478017DC-43B3-463B-9646-122FFB440665.jpeg 2702F389-A1FB-469D-82A3-99F698560CCF.jpeg

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, can I ask what the setting is called?

Of course! I did the exact same thing when I saw a picture ... it is Stuller “Floral-Inspired Engagement Ring Mounting”, item #121997 https://www.stuller.com/products/bu...roupId=113503&recommendationSource=SiteSearch

I used a 7.4 mm size for a 7.7 mm diamond ... this minimizes the petal effect a bit (something the other poster did as well, and I liked the look of it, haha)

I still absolutely love it, btw! It is delicate and still has a solitaire feel that is just a bit more interesting to me. I now have several matching wedding bands to dress it up as much as I like, haha. But you know what? I still think it is prettiest on its own.

Thank you for asking! I love that you also love my setting :kiss2:

ETA: The settings are not available for purchase off the site ... you need to have an authorized jeweller source Stuller settings for you ... I got mine from Good Old Gold and they were wonderful ... but then I found out that Whiteflash could have done the same thing - I just didn’t ask and there is nothing on their site. So I suggest asking your diamond vendor if they can source Stuller settings if you decide to go that route.

7A2D51A1-494D-428F-B0F7-8EB5AE834F1A.jpeg

Last edited:

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thank you so much for all your information! I’ve been married for 22 years and wanted to upgrade. I got a 1 ct princess cut F VVS2, for my wedding. Then I got a Crisscut Diamond and then didn’t like it cause it got filmy every week. So now I’m looking for something beautiful and shiny, and came across your setting and fell in love with it. Believe me I’ve been looking for months and started with an oval, then a round, and then saw Diamonds by Lauren and wanted a Pink Lemonade Yellow Cushion with pink diamonds as halo and setting, then back to Oval. Until I saw yours today. The Ovals have some sparkle as long as you get the right cut, but the rounds have the best, yours really does have that sparkle especially in that setting.
Thank you for letting me know about Stuller! I was on WF and could not find the setting, I almost panicked, lol. Until you told me.
What you did for the sizing of the setting was just perfect. I’m so glad I found your picture before I jumped to buy a diamond. Do you think it would look ok in RG or YG? I know WG shows the best, just asking what you think.
Your ring is beautiful by itself, but I love the wedding bands, especially the ones closer to the engagement ring, what is that wedding set? Looks like it was meant for your engagement ring.
One more quest, what made you pick WF?
Thank you so much for answering back, I sure appreciate it.

Of course! I did the exact same thing when I saw a picture ... it is Stuller “Floral-Inspired Engagement Ring Mounting”, item #121997 https://www.stuller.com/products/bu...roupId=113503&recommendationSource=SiteSearch

I used a 7.4 mm size for a 7.7 mm diamond ... this minimizes the petal effect a bit (something the other poster did as well, and I liked the look of it, haha)

I still absolutely love it, btw! It is delicate and still has a solitaire feel that is just a bit more interesting to me. I now have several matching wedding bands to dress it up as much as I like, haha. But you know what? I still think it is prettiest on its own.

Thank you for asking! I love that you also love my setting :kiss2:

ETA: The settings are not available for purchase off the site ... you need to have an authorized jeweller source Stuller settings for you ... I got mine from Good Old Gold and they were wonderful ... but then I found out that Whiteflash could have done the same thing - I just didn’t ask and there is nothing on their site. So I suggest asking your diamond vendor if they can source Stuller settings if you decide to go that route.

7A2D51A1-494D-428F-B0F7-8EB5AE834F1A.jpeg

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, thank you so much for all your information! I’ve been married for 22 years and wanted to upgrade. I got a 1 ct princess cut F VVS2, for my wedding. Then I got a Crisscut Diamond and then didn’t like it cause it got filmy every week. So now I’m looking for something beautiful and shiny, and came across your setting and fell in love with it. Believe me I’ve been looking for months and started with an oval, then a round, and then saw Diamonds by Lauren and wanted a Pink Lemonade Yellow Cushion with pink diamonds as halo and setting, then back to Oval. Until I saw yours today. The Ovals have some sparkle as long as you get the right cut, but the rounds have the best, yours really does have that sparkle especially in that setting.
Thank you for letting me know about Stuller! I was on WF and could not find the setting, I almost panicked, lol. Until you told me.
What you did for the sizing of the setting was just perfect. I’m so glad I found your picture before I jumped to buy a diamond. Do you think it would look ok in RG or YG? I know WG shows the best, just asking what you think.
Your ring is beautiful by itself, but I love the wedding bands, especially the ones closer to the engagement ring, what is that wedding set? Looks like it was meant for your engagement ring.

Wow - you have been on quite the journey! I’ve spent many years dreaming of some kind of diamond ring as well ... I ended up liking the round brilliant cut best but I love a few others too. This particular ring was a special purchase.

I think a well cut RBC would look nice in any type of metal ... it is all up to you. I thought that the high color would look best in a white metal and picked platinum, but I find that I really like the white diamonds in colored metal as well. They say that the diamond picks up the tint but I dunno ... I think it can make the white of the diamond “pop.” So yes, I would think it would look great in RG or YG ... whatever you like the best.

The rings closer to the engagement ring are the standard matching wedding bands that you see on the Stuller site ... except I picked the colored stones etc. The sapphire bands are custom by Stuller - same matching band but wider for larger stones. I do not usually wear all of them at the same time, I just did that for this thread. The thing about the ones closer to the engagement ring is that they blend the profile of the engagement ring, so they change the look of it quite a bit. When the sapphire bands are next to the engagement ring, the floral design stays more visible.

5329DA4C-0F92-4A65-8AA4-A66C0B554213.jpeg 47C71BE7-AE9A-4AB1-B2C5-0C33425B081F.jpeg

I picked Whiteflash because of their great reputation, their super-ideals, upgrade policy, and price. I’m not saying that ACAs are cheap ... but they seemed a bit less than CBI at the time .. CBI has since had a price drop so maybe they are closer now. There are other vendors that can source you a gorgeous diamond too, but Whiteflash and High Performance Diamonds have the best upgrade policies. Also, there is not usually a huge selection of super-ideals in the size, colour and clarity that I wanted. Just to make the long story short, Whiteflash was able to get me a diamond that I absolutely love, and they made the process a pleasure.

I like Whiteflash so much, that I just bought another .85 ct ACA and set it in this:
3B84B7CD-0CBE-479B-A6E9-59AC5A1EBF2F.jpeg
(ships to me this Friday ... this is a picture of the setting with a .30 ct ACA)

I really do get a kick out of the beautiful diamond in the first two pictures, it never wears off .... if diamonds are a “thing” for you, a beautifully cut round brilliant is very special. The 1.71 ct started to look small to me but then I stayed off of PS for awhile and it got bigger again, haha. I’m really happy with the size and doubt that I’ll upgrade it ... but we will see.

Hopefully this is my last edit: I should not forget to mention that Good Old Gold sourced the setting and wedding bands for me. They were also super to deal with and I don’t want to forget them! It would only have been more convenient if I had Whiteflash source the engagement ring setting because they had the diamond that I wanted ... it did not even occur to me to ask. The GOG site showed Stuller as an option so I contacted them and ordered ... when I mentioned this to WF they told me they could have done the same thing .... oops.

Good luck on your journey and have fun! and don’t forget to let us follow along and post lots of pictures!

:wavey:

Last edited:

cettesaphir

Rough_Rock

I also admire this setting (@kmoro I have your reveal post saved as inspiration!), and had bookmarked these photos of the rose gold version a while back! https://www.instagram.com/p/BxyhZOulzIz/

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I have been a PS-r for a couple of months. I want to say thank you for this site. Without it I would have never met @Rhino with August Vintage (AV).

I was in the market for a New Diamond and was finding it hard to choose between a Round and Oval, but then I
Stumbled upon the “Elyque” Oval by Jonathan W. with August Vintage. Boy am I glad I did!

I’m now the proud owner of one of his beautiful, unique cut, Ovals, the “ Elyque “.
It is a 1.51, J, SI and it’s a 3 Ideal-r, if that’s a word.
It is in Rose Gold (RG) and in Jonathan’s setting, “My Halo”.

I just LOVE it and cannot say enough about it.

If you are looking for an Oval, please see him. He is the Best.

Here is mine

59ADDFBD-6AB1-4926-A6E7-A11AF57C07F0.jpeg A534E1AD-8D5B-44E6-8443-9A53160DF943.jpeg 4BEE18AD-5690-4F98-8468-F0798B7465CC.jpeg BE22C83E-A760-4A21-AE33-737F9BA3763B.jpeg 32A4A60E-AD05-4C80-B5BB-577BA708CD9B.jpeg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I’m super envious! Enjoy!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, I have been a PS-r for a couple of months. I want to say thank you for this site. Without it I would have never met @Rhino with August Vintage (AV).

I was in the market for a New Diamond and was finding it hard to choose between a Round and Oval, but then I
Stumbled upon the “Elyque” Oval by Jonathan W. with August Vintage. Boy am I glad I did!

I’m now the proud owner of one of his beautiful, unique cut, Ovals, the “ Elyque “.
It is a 1.51, J, SI and it’s a 3 Ideal-r, if that’s a word.
It is in Rose Gold (RG) and in Jonathan’s setting, “My Halo”.

I just LOVE it and cannot say enough about it.

If you are looking for an Oval, please see him. He is the Best.

Here is mine

59ADDFBD-6AB1-4926-A6E7-A11AF57C07F0.jpeg A534E1AD-8D5B-44E6-8443-9A53160DF943.jpeg 4BEE18AD-5690-4F98-8468-F0798B7465CC.jpeg BE22C83E-A760-4A21-AE33-737F9BA3763B.jpeg 32A4A60E-AD05-4C80-B5BB-577BA708CD9B.jpeg

Oh it's really beautiful!!! :love::love::love: I can see why you're totally in love, congrats and enjoy!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've spent an hour looking at everybody's beautiful pieces:love: I had forgotten how soothing this can be for the soul....
I hope that all the dear people on PS, who contribute to these boards with photos of their amazing pieces, enjoy their bling to the maximum and always wear it in good health.
I don't remember if I have posted my ring! So just in case I haven't:cheeky:.... Here it is....
(Please excuse my extremely dry hands. I also have eczema and feel very self conscious IMG_20190722_212827.jpg IMG_20190722_212810.jpg but still have the guts to wear beautiful bling, even if it attracts attention where attention is not needed!)

Lovely ring on lovely hands!!
Oh and the blue eye pendant!! So cool!:love:

MauiGirl

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous ring!!! Great taste! Please, post more pictures!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
My 2nd E ring, I wanted a set in yellow gold. Had a super tight budget. Diamond stats:
1.01 ct, 61 table, 60 deep (not the usually advised proportions) "L" diamond w/strong fluor. Face up I do not see color. From the side, it certainly shows. The HCA was 1.6 on this diamond. It is not a firebomb due to the larger table, but it is lovely and brilliant. My other e-ring is an old cut that has a tiny 52% table, so if I need fire, I'll wear that one.
Ritani Women's Classic Knife-Edge Wedding Ring & Six-Prong Knife-Edge Engagement Ring - in 18kt Yellow Gold

20190905_140127.jpg
20190905_110735 (002).jpg
20190905_140034.jpg
20190905_132541.jpg
20190905_132353.jpg

Attachments

• 20190905_134030.jpg
    20190905_134030.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 20190905_110735 (002).jpg
    20190905_110735 (002).jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 20190905_104113.jpg
    20190905_104113.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20190905_135819.jpg
    20190905_135819.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20190905_135807.jpg
    20190905_135807.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
My final upgrade- An Old Mine Brilliant i platinum that coordinate in style and theme for my wedding band. Now I can close the book on pricey diamond purchases and upgrades.

oecflower1.jpg

oecfacet2.jpg

oecscarf1c.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
My final upgrade- An Old Mine Brilliant i platinum that coordinate in style and theme for my wedding band. Now I can close the book on pricey diamond purchases and upgrades.

oecflower1.jpg

oecfacet2.jpg

oecscarf1c.jpg
Omg, you’re killing me... that’s gorgeous... all of them. I am drooling with envy! Congratulations, enjoy, and wear in good health & happiness!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

oecflower1.jpg

oecfacet2.jpg

oecscarf1c.jpg

So yummy! Feminine and graceful and just beautiful.:love:

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock

oecflower1.jpg

oecfacet2.jpg

oecscarf1c.jpg

What a way to close the book!:eek-2:

Stunning...congratulations and I know you will be enjoying that view for years to come.

sho nuff

Rough_Rock
Browsing PS after a long (10 year) hiatus has made me realize my ring isn't being worn enough! It's too big and I haven't had the time to get it resized. I love it, though. And the people of PS helped me create it! 1.6ct OEC in a Mark Morrell Torchiere setting.
Excuse my terrible photography skills.
IMG_9017.jpg
IMG_9007.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Browsing PS after a long (10 year) hiatus has made me realize my ring isn't being worn enough! It's too big and I haven't had the time to get it resized. I love it, though. And the people of PS helped me create it! 1.6ct OEC in a Mark Morrell Torchiere setting.
IMG_9017.jpg
IMG_9007.jpg

Goodness me, that's a beautiful setting and diamond, @sho nuff! Get that beauty re-sized and wear it like it deserves!

Seriously, tho - beautiful choices on your part. :))

headlight

Ideal_Rock
IMG_9017.jpg
IMG_9007.jpg
Really, really beautiful! Glad you got it sized and are enjoying it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_9017.jpg
IMG_9007.jpg

Wow, it's gorgeous!!! :love:

I use these plastic sizers on my rings, they work pretty well and you will be able to wear your beautiful ring until you get a chance to resize it.

https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Size-Ad...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_9017.jpg
IMG_9007.jpg

Ring of dreams! WEAR IT ALL THE TIME!:bigsmile::appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results