One more.
9.gif

NewRing01917F.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2006 8:17:32 AM
Author: ccv90

Cehrabehra,

Cool Pics. Discovered the same effect with my fiancée stone before I gave it to her. I tried all different combinations of lighting to see what it could produce (I know, like a kid playing with matches). SORRY NO PICTURES!

SO, if your board or just a wee bit curious try this (best in a dark room):

1. Get a laser light level or laser pointers.(I use a level)

2. Hold the laser directly over the stone, shining the light into the table of the stone.

3. Ovoid the direct reflections into your eyes since laser light IS NOT RECOMMENDED OR
HEALTHY ON ONES EYES.

4. Look at the red reflections on the wall, ceiling, floor. On a white ceiling at night, it looks like
a Celestial Constellation. And no, I wasn’t drunk or high when I was playing around.

5. Pay careful attention to the interior of the stone. It literally looks like the bubbling surface of
the sun.

Note: I cannot be held liable for future damages to vision acuity, loss of vision - permanent or temporary. Experimenting with laser light is not recommend. Use due diligence. Parental supervision is advised.
20.gif

bahahaha- yeah I''ve done that but my lazer pointer works intermittently and needs to be replaced ::snap:: I''ll look through my pics to see if I got any of that, but I don''t think I ever bothered to look at the walls- the stream wasn''t strong enough... I do have a peculiar photo of my stone with a blue beam pointed at it... I''ll attach LOL

cbOMC123.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2006 9:19:45 AM
Author: Ellen

I've never gotten one like this.
wow, me either! I've had some with a long ray but not like this first one LOL Man, I miss my diamond!!! Though the oregon winter is fast approaching and with it comes grey grey grey grey grey.... there's only so much a diamond can do with cloudy days!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
sorry the ring is far but here it goes

red fire

ringfire.jpg

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
and blue fire

bluefire.jpg

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/10/2006 8:19:59 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 10/10/2006 8:17:32 AM
Author: ccv90

Cehrabehra,

Cool Pics. Discovered the same effect with my fiancée stone before I gave it to her. I tried all different combinations of lighting to see what it could produce (I know, like a kid playing with matches). SORRY NO PICTURES!

SO, if your board or just a wee bit curious try this (best in a dark room):

1. Get a laser light level or laser pointers.(I use a level)

2. Hold the laser directly over the stone, shining the light into the table of the stone.

3. Ovoid the direct reflections into your eyes since laser light IS NOT RECOMMENDED OR
HEALTHY ON ONES EYES.

4. Look at the red reflections on the wall, ceiling, floor. On a white ceiling at night, it looks like
a Celestial Constellation. And no, I wasn’t drunk or high when I was playing around.

5. Pay careful attention to the interior of the stone. It literally looks like the bubbling surface of
the sun.

Note: I cannot be held liable for future damages to vision acuity, loss of vision - permanent or temporary. Experimenting with laser light is not recommend. Use due diligence. Parental supervision is advised.
20.gif

Now you started something!!!

I had to try this one. I realized that I too had a laser level (just bought it), so I rushed to try this out.

Very cool pics. My yellow stone turned bright red with flashes of red on the walls and ceiling.

Now my eyes hurt
10.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anny, you have one firey stone there, thanks for posting!

dhog

Shiny_Rock
another photo of a reflection in a mirror
to bad my eyes don''t see it this way

mirroronfire.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2006 11:39:01 AM
Agreed! You''ve also got a cute guy!
2.gif

widget

dhog

Shiny_Rock
the first photo was a crop job

here is the rest of the photo
the 2 studs are laying on a convex mirror
the reflection is on a concave mirror at approx 80 degrees

DSCN2565.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
dhog, love the pics, especially that first one, wow!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
that is stunning Dhog

This is the 9.02ct F strong blue fluoro I sold last year - see how firey it is under a tree with broad leaves - and so much for cloudy fluoro diamonds!!!!

Note the out of focus shots
2.gif
- same diamond - all shots taken at the same time

9.02FSI11small3.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
great shots, as usual dhog.

garry....
23.gif

warn us before you flash that big thing next time
4.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2006 8:31:41 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
that is stunning Dhog

This is the 9.02ct F strong blue fluoro I sold last year - see how firey it is under a tree with broad leaves - and so much for cloudy fluoro diamonds!!!!

Note the out of focus shots
2.gif
- same diamond - all shots taken at the same time
Do you consider the reflections from under trees to be "fire"? Like the photo attached is also from under a tree... but I didn''t/don''t consider it to be "fire" - I think of fire as the refractions, mostly those that leap out. Or is fire *any* color that comes from the diamond?

That diamond is insane btw and shouldn''t be shown in public LOL! It makes all other diamonds seem lilliputian at best! hahaha ;-)

cbOMC96-2.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I call this "I see fire and I see rain" because it is quite literally totally overcast grey sky and it is actively raining and I'm wearing a burgundy shirt and on the left of the diamond you can see *yellow* that is totally created by the diamond out of I don't know what LOL House is white, trees are green, wasn't wearing yellow... car even is blue not that it was close LOL
ETA - when I took this picture I was actively TRYING to take an ugly picture that had no color in it!

cbOMC124.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Garry,
I have the same question as Cehra -- are those photos you posted above (of the diamond under the trees) examples of "fire", then? Like the photo in my avatar, I always thought these types of color were examples of "spectral colors" or "dispersion"... is that not correct? I thought the bold flares of color (like most of this thread) were true "fire".
Please clarify! Thank you!
Lynn

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2006 10:24:51 AM
Author: Lynn B
Garry,
I have the same question as Cehra -- are those photos you posted above (of the diamond under the trees) examples of ''fire'', then? Like the photo in my avatar, I always thought these types of color were examples of ''spectral colors'' or ''dispersion''... is that not correct? I thought the bold flares of color (like most of this thread) were true ''fire''.
Lynn
I think of spectral colors/dispersion as fire... and sometimes it''s hard to see the difference in pics between reflections of color and refractions of color. Below in the pic you see both - the green leaves and the black from my shirt are just reflections for sure but if you look in, especially, the large pav main on the top you can see a blue to orange sort of thing happening on just one facet... that is dispersion and as such I assume it is fire. The facet above that is doing it some as are a few of the others in the pic - and some of those colors are just invented by the stone like the yellows and especially that lilac in the upper left area... and the dark blue on the upper right... but I''m wondering if "fire" is so loose as to include the reflections... like in Mara''s pics, she has TONS of gorgeous pics of color in her stone, but I don''t consider those "fire" but more reflections of color.

cbOMC125.jpg

bae7

Shiny_Rock
Wow, all beautiful shots!

Ellen - those are truly amazing!

anacgarcia - my first thought when I saw the pic of you and your fiance was - it looks like Tinkerbell lighting up her diamond on his shoulder. Great shot of the two of you (maybe three).

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry ... love the last shot you posted particularly the in-focus one in the upper right under the tree. IMO that is an excellent example of being able to observe both brightness and fire at the same time. I have this recorded in macro hi def video too and your pic is a nice static shot.

Cehera-Lynn, that''s what I''d consider soft dispersion mixed with brightness while the other shots in more direct lighting I''d consider strong fire.

A couple of years ago (I think it was during GIA''s research on DCLR (dispersed colored light return)) they broke down different definitions between "fire" and "dispersion" although in the minds of most they mean the same thing as they are closely related.

Actually ... here''s a link to the article specifically on this subject on the GIA site which I think most here will find interesting.

http://www.gia.edu/research/1383/2307/article_detail.cfm

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2006 10:24:51 AM
Author: Lynn B
Garry,
I have the same question as Cehra -- are those photos you posted above (of the diamond under the trees) examples of 'fire', then? Like the photo in my avatar, I always thought these types of color were examples of 'spectral colors' or 'dispersion'... is that not correct? I thought the bold flares of color (like most of this thread) were true 'fire'.
Lynn
Asking this too. By definition, fire is the colored rays coming off a diamond.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/11/2006 8:22:44 PM
Author: widget
Date: 10/11/2006 11:39:01 AM

Agreed! You''ve also got a cute guy!
2.gif

widget

thanx to both of you!!!
36.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some antique earrings I have. I bought them at a yard sale for next to nothing....the people said they thought they were either paste or possibly austrian crystal. They say Austria on the curve of the posts. Anyway, here''s a few pics.

rings 098.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
2nd

rings 100.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
3rd

rings 101.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
4th

rings 102.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
a few more

rings 103.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Another

rings 104.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Last one

rings 105.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oshin, what darling, firey earrings! I love them, and the fact you got them for a bargain. Good job!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2006 1:01:34 PM
Author: Rhino
Garry ... love the last shot you posted particularly the in-focus one in the upper right under the tree. IMO that is an excellent example of being able to observe both brightness and fire at the same time. I have this recorded in macro hi def video too and your pic is a nice static shot.

Cehera-Lynn, that''s what I''d consider soft dispersion mixed with brightness while the other shots in more direct lighting I''d consider strong fire.

A couple of years ago (I think it was during GIA''s research on DCLR (dispersed colored light return)) they broke down different definitions between ''fire'' and ''dispersion'' although in the minds of most they mean the same thing as they are closely related.

Actually ... here''s a link to the article specifically on this subject on the GIA site which I think most here will find interesting.

http://www.gia.edu/research/1383/2307/article_detail.cfm
Jon,
Thanks for the note - and the link. I LOVED that article -- very interesting and informative.
Lynn

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results