shape
carat
color
clarity

The February LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Happy Februrary ladies! I'm watching the Super Bowl but it's Februrary so I had to create the next small talk thread!

ETA- Previous month's conversations link here

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Ha! You''re so on top of this. I didn''t even register that it was February yet.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Me either. Heres some small talk.. I''m afraid my chest isnt going to fit into my #1 dress - which I''ve finally narrowed down for all the right reasons and I''m truly in love with. I''m going to try and get an app at a local bridal store that carries the line - its Amy Michaelson''s Grace.. I''m going to be really devastated if thats the reason I cant get the dress.
7.gif

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
That''s one gorgeous dress, SS! Is it the curse of too much boobie or too little? For me it would deeefinitely be too little :)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
That''s a gorgeous dress! I don''t know if my chest would fit in it either, though, for the too much reason. I''m hoping it fits you perfectly, though!!!

My crazy work week is over and the crazy work month begins, but I''m hoping I''ll be able to fit in plenty of PS time. In LIW news, Kris made a comment today about us not having to worry about a wedding for 3 years!
6.gif
I mentioned it later and he said that he was just using a random number, though. I told him in no uncertain terms that I wanted to be married well before then and he agreed, though, so it turned out ok.

Any Battlestar Gallactica fans on here? We watched Friday''s episode and it was great! I can''t wait to see how they end the show.

Anyhow, I''m off for the night. Have a great evening ladies!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
sailorssweet, I missed your dream dress somehow... do you have a linky to what it looks like? I''m sorry if it doesn''t fit -- I hope it could be altered to fit!

audball

Ideal_Rock
mscushion--

I think this is the dress she''s talking about...hopefully she''ll clarify.

http://www.amymichelson.com/popup_grace.html

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
ha! I just realized I misspelled February in the thread title......
20.gif
I wonder if the admins could change it!?

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
February should have an extra R in it for R-ing
2.gif

That is the dress.. heres a picture. I dont even know if lace could be added to the bust or not. The back is what makes it unique. I''m going to call tomorrow and request an appointment and just cross my fingers. I dont want to start all over if it doesnt work out though
40.gif
I feel like it took me months to decide on this one. Blah!

smallpicGRACE.jpg

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
The dress is beautiful!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
SS, I LOVE that dress! I am a huge fan of the detailing, especially the back. Dresses like that make me wish I weren''t so busty.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls! It really goes either way - you have to have the perfect size bust - not too big not too small. Why''s that dress being so picky huh? I''ll post and let you know what happens if I can figure out when I have time to try it on.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 10:21:02 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
20.gif
Ha! I hadn''t even noticed.
9.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 10:49:55 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
February should have an extra R in it for R-ing
2.gif

Cuuuuute :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:45:47 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 2/1/2009 10:21:02 PM
20.gif
Ha! I hadn''t even noticed.
9.gif
It was fixed! Yay!!!!!!!! lol

sailor- That gown is to die for!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 10:12:54 PM
Author: audball
mscushion--
I think this is the dress she''s talking about...hopefully she''ll clarify.
http://www.amymichelson.com/popup_grace.html

Thanks, audball! Wow -- that is a beautiful dress! Love the front AND the back! I hope it works out, sailorssweet.

Ok I don''t want to make a whole post about this, but I just wanted to say that BF called me "future fiance" yesterday...
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif
Usually I call HIM that. hahaha.. and he did it! It made me smile.

I am so tired today! Good football game too! Anyone watch The Office... that episode was so funny!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
SS I''ve tried that dress on! I am a 36D and I didn''t feel like it was toooo revealing. I am a girl who appreciates a good deal of support though so I think that is one of the reasons I decided to pass on the dress. Though. I bet if you had cups sewn into it you would feel a lot less exposed.

When I tried that gown on Amy Michelson was actually AT the salon! It was at Kleinfeld''s just before Christmas. She was standing there with me while I selected some of her gowns to try on. A weird but sorta cool experience.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 1:34:19 PM
Author: swedish bean
Ok I don''t want to make a whole post about this, but I just wanted to say that BF called me ''future fiance'' yesterday...
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif

I am so tired today! Good football game too! Anyone watch The Office... that episode was so funny!
Awwwwwwww.........
5.gif

Yep, I watched The Office. That is MY show!!! The fire stint was hilarious.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Ok I don''t want to make a whole post about this, but I just wanted to say that BF called me ''future fiance'' yesterday...
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif

That is exciting that he called you that! Yay. Also, yeah, the Office fire episode was hilarious.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
So which were people''s favorite Superbowl ads? Mine were Careerbuilder''s "Tips" ad and E*trade''s talking golf baby.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm....I was very disappointed in the commercials this year. Seems like they had A LOT of network commercials. I''m assuming thats because of the economy and not everyone wants to pay millions for an ad. The only one that I thought was sort of funny was Mr. Potato Head driving down the road with Mrs. yelling at him about everything. Then her mouth pops out so she puts in her angry eyes. FF was pointing at me....as in (haha that''s you!) I couldn''t help but laugh as well.......see it here!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That ad is funny. I agree, though, all in all I was very disappointed with the ads this year. Did you know each Budweiser spot costs $3,000,000, so they spend a total of $18,000,000???!! That marketing budget always blows my mind.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that dress is beautiful...I have not seen anything quite like that. I hope it fits you ok.

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
I got my new ipod touch today so I have something to distract me for a while until I hopefully get my ring.

Of course, the first two songs I added to my YouTube favorites on it are Beyonce''s "Single Ladies" and Taylor Swift''s "Love Story."

Date: 2/2/2009 5:16:08 PM
Hmmm....I was very disappointed in the commercials this year. Seems like they had A LOT of network commercials. I'm assuming thats because of the economy and not everyone wants to pay millions for an ad. The only one that I thought was sort of funny was Mr. Potato Head driving down the road with Mrs. yelling at him about everything. Then her mouth pops out so she puts in her angry eyes. FF was pointing at me....as in (haha that's you!) I couldn't help but laugh as well.......see it here!
I didn't get to see that ad because we were late to the Super Bowl Party... but once we showed up everyone was like, "We saw the perfect commercial that is SO YOU SwedishBean!" haha.. and that was it!!

Thanks for the link too, now I can see it.

I really liked the commercial that did the, "If you hate your job and blah, and blah" I can't remember now but it was really long and pretty good.

Here is the link to the AD

Date: 2/2/2009 3:31:40 PM

5.gif
5.gif
5.gif

Awwwwwwww.........
5.gif

Yep, I watched The Office. That is MY show!!! The fire stint was hilarious.
I was laughing so hard. When dwight did that thing with the dummy... lol

Was it just me or did anyone else feel like the episode was a bit weird? Like it was written by different people? I LOVED IT, don''t get me wrong, but the tone was different than the last several episodes. Aw, also the thing that Pam and Jim talked about when she was all teary was so cute!!! I kept saying "Awww Aw.. "

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
SS, that dress is gorgeous and I hear you about the chest situation! When I had to try on BM dresses I was a size 6 in the chest, size 4 in the waist and a negative number in the hips!

I'm in Canada and when we were watching the superbowl we were all wondering how different the commercials were in the US compared to Canada. I'm sure they were much better than ours! They played a Coca-Cola commerical at each break...and that's all I can remember. I hate commercials!

I have an exciting story from the weekend and I didn't feel like it needed its own thread so here it is:

For the past few months my BF has been telling me that a proposal will happen anytime between now and my birthday (May 21st)...which sounded fabulous to me! Last weekend I heard about a friend getting engaged recently and I called my BF to relieve some of the anxiety I was feeling and he said that he could push the timeline up a month...so between now and April 21st. Then I asked "Well, how about pushing it up 3 months (to Feb 21st)" and he said that it was possible but there were some technicalities that might prevent that. I just said "REALLY?!?!? I LOVE YOUUUUU!!!" and hung up the phone.
3.gif
So hopefully it'll happen really really soon!!!!

Also, my friend who just got engaged caught the bouquet at a wedding we attended in October so it really does bring good luck (and the bride had caught the bouquet at her sister's wedding and was the next to get married too)! The first thing I thought upon hearing of their engagement was that I should have tried harder to catch the bouquet. Ah well....
41.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Well, nice to read of the recent engagements...was getting worried there for a bit.
9.gif
36.gif

Who''s watching Biggest Loser tonight???? I know I''m not the only one people...

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I'm standing at the water cooler all by myself!
39.gif

Where is everyone? You're not actually working are you?!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results