shape
carat
color
clarity

The dress of your dreams

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I found my dream dress tonight! Complete with exquisite lace, feminine styling, and sleeves.
9.gif

I submitted an offer, and now just have to wait to see if it was accepted.
32.gif

222430426_o.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 2:38:11 PM
Author: AllieLuv83
With my blue shoes!
Allie, this dress is so lovely on you! did you end up going with the maggie you were looking at? i don''t remember it having the lace part on the shoulders....it looks amazing on you.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My dress search went through a couple of stages, which I''ve posted about before, but briefly, the answer to your question is no, but not by choice.

I never thought about wedding dresses until I got engaged. When I started the dress hunt, I had something flowing and goddess-like in mind, with no train, and *definitely* with straps. The first dress I fell in love with was actually the one another PSer (mia1181) wore, a beautiful floor-length chiffon dress with pleating, an empire waist, and double spaghetti straps that meet in the back. The DB website isn''t working right now so I can''t link to it, so I hope Mia doesn''t mind me sharing her wedding thread.

The one I fell in love with and originally bought was also a very simple destination-style dress, but it departed from the flowing/goddess theme a bit. It was more Marilyn Monroe-ish, with a trumpet skirt, halter top, simple ribbon detailing, and sweep train. I loved it because it was so different from the bridal norm, but I returned it to please FI, who wanted me to wear something more traditional/"bridal."

The final choice was a strapless satin A-line with a chapel train, beaded bodice, and corset lace-up back. I actually regret exchanging it quite a bit, because it''s just not "me," but it''s extremely flattering and at least he''ll be happy. I''m going to add a halter strap to bring myself back into the dress, since I can''t deal with the straplessness.

Here''s a thread that has pictures of my old and new dress.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t do the little girl dress dreaming, but when I started planning the wedding I wanted a silk sheath by Monique L''huillier. I never did try it on because it wasn''t in budget. I looked great in trumpet/mermaid style dresses, but really wanted something flowier. I bought a Nicole Miller silk sheath. It probably didn''t look as good on me as the mermaid dresses, but I knew I''d regret it if I didn''t get the flowy sheath dress.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 10:13:32 PM
Author: violet3
Date: 2/20/2009 2:38:11 PM

Author: AllieLuv83

With my blue shoes!

Allie, this dress is so lovely on you! did you end up going with the maggie you were looking at? i don''t remember it having the lace part on the shoulders....it looks amazing on you.

Hey Violet,

Yes I ended up with a Maggie its Vivien, and the lacy part is a bolero that I had made by a seamstress in case my "Tharms" are not up to par before the wedding :)

YayBananas

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/19/2009 4:57:20 PM
Author:Diamond Confused
Is the dress you selected what you had originally thought you would want your wedding dress to look like?

I always dreamed of an ivory, duchess satin, mermaid strapless dress. When I finally tried dresses on, the ones that I loved were white, silk tafetta with straps, a-line or full skirt.
Not at all. I always figured I would wear the traditional white satin ball gown like everyone else recently, but when I realized that it became too princessy of a look for me, I opted out and tried on as many chiffon/flowy gowns as I could. I ended up with a Pronovias, and while it probably wasn''t my "dream dress", it wasn''t a ball gown and I could live with it.

Spin10262008.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found photos of the dresses online. The Monique Lhuillier I liked was the Escape (my favorite, but can''t find a good photo) or this one, whose name I can''t remember.

Dress dress front

MLsheathunsureofname-front.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dream dress back

MLsheathunsureofname-back.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ML was around $2,000 so I couldn't afford it. I could have had it custom made for about 1/4 of the price but was worried that I wouldn't like it so I just hunted around.

Dress I bought, front. I can't find a good photo of the back of it online. I had the back altered quite a bit as well, to be made more backless.

NMCO0014-front.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
In highschool I took Fashion Studies, and I fell in love with this pattern, a Vera Wang. I was 15.

verawangdresspattern.JPG

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
When I started looking for gowns a couple years ago, I thought I would buy this one...Maggie Sottero Vogue

maggievoguelovethis.php.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
To my surprise, the Vogue ended up looking terrible on me! Runner up was this, Maggie Sottero Phillipa

MaggieSotteroMermaidPhillipaAntiquegold20082.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
But I went with this, San Patrick Bambula!

spbambula200222.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 9:32:06 AM
Author: Addy
Dream dress back
LOL...okay now why didn''t they just turn the mannequin around instead of just the dress? Her boobs are hanging out!!! Hehehe funny.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 1:10:19 PM
Author: shimmer
In highschool I took Fashion Studies, and I fell in love with this pattern, a Vera Wang. I was 15.

Hey- I''m not a BIW what I just wanted to say this is a beautiful dress! The woman I nanny for wore it for her wedding many years ago (I remember her saying I can''t believe all these years later I paid THAT much for a dress) but it was a Vera! She looked beautiful...

And I just wanted to let you all know it''s so funny how different everyone''s styles are and they are all beautiful in their own way!
1.gif

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
I love this topic! Maybe because I was so indecisive! This is the dress I LOVE LOVE LOVED.... before my fiance proposed. The back was a bit low for me - but I loved EVERYTHING else about it!

Jim Hjelm JH8810.jpg

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
Then - almost AS SOON as my fiance proposed it changed COMPLETELY! My mom and I were BOTH sure this was it. We LOVED the contrast, and the color... it was so unique! But when we tried it on we hated the store - the girl helping, and she didn''t know how to work the dress, so we couldn''t see it on... it turned us off of it all together.

Enzoani dulce f.jpg

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
So after that great let down... I fell for this one. It made even the model look SO much thinner than the other dresses she was shown in! Again - LOVED the color - but I couldn''t find it ANYWHERE! I finally had it special ordered in so I could try it on. I adjusted my budget to fit this dress in (it was about 33% more than I''d budgeted for the gown). I KNEW this was the one. I paid the shipping to have it brought in - and when the moment finally came for me to try it on - they had ordered the WRONG DRESS!!! Tears ensued.... there was a VERY angry bride in that store!

Tomasina dream.jpg

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
Once my wonderful mother calmed me down and convinced me to stay and see what else they had... and I explained to them some of the aspects I was looking for they brought this one out. My mom about came out of her seat waiting for us to get it on! When I saw the tears in her eyes I knew it had potential - but I was still stubbornly holding a grudge against the salon that had wronged me. I tried on some others and had them bring this back in... and this time my mom my sister and I all ended up in tears! This is it!! And I LOVE it! I can''t WAIT to wear it!

THE gown Modern Trouseau.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2009 4:17:16 PM
Author: sunnyd

Dream dress back
LOL...okay now why didn''t they just turn the mannequin around instead of just the dress? Her boobs are hanging out!!! Hehehe funny.
I think they''re just trying to show how versitile this dress is... something for every taste!
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 12:44:03 AM
Author: VRBeauty
Dream dress back
I think they''re just trying to show how versitile this dress is... something for every taste!
2.gif
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2009 2:30:11 AM
Author: FrekeChild

Dream dress back

2.gif

Wedding dress to club wear!

ML long ago discontinued these dresses so I had trouble finding even these classy photos. And I just wanted to show everyone how many different ways they could be worn!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 3:05:36 AM

Date: 2/23/2009 2:30:11 AM
Author: FrekeChild

Dream dress back

2.gif

Wedding dress to club wear!

ML long ago discontinued these dresses so I had trouble finding even these classy photos. And I just wanted to show everyone how many different ways they could be worn!
Hahaha at first I was like, oh my, what is wrong with her back?! Then I realized it was her front... all she needs are some pasties and she''s good to go!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROFLMAO sunnyd!!!!!You''re terrible!!!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Well, I didn''t have a "dream dress" since I was little, but when I started out looking for dresses, I really wanted a beaded ballgown, something very elegant and princessy. Although I totally loved the dresses, my body didn''t as much. So, I ended up going for a beaded A-line, which complimented my figure a lot better.

What I wanted to get was something like this...

Attachments

• POB Dream.ppt
    88.5 KB · Views: 52

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 8:05:55 PM
Author: glitterazzi
So after that great let down... I fell for this one. It made even the model look SO much thinner than the other dresses she was shown in! Again - LOVED the color - but I couldn''t find it ANYWHERE! I finally had it special ordered in so I could try it on. I adjusted my budget to fit this dress in (it was about 33% more than I''d budgeted for the gown). I KNEW this was the one. I paid the shipping to have it brought in - and when the moment finally came for me to try it on - they had ordered the WRONG DRESS!!! Tears ensued.... there was a VERY angry bride in that store!

I can''t believe that they ordered in the wrong dress-I would have been so annoyed too. That''s such a beautiful dress!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I never had wedding fantasies growing up, but when I saw the J. Crew Celeste for the first time (around 29), they started:

kat.celeste2.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Then, I fell hard for the Vineyard Jules. Yet somehow I ended up with the almost polar opposite of either:

kat.the.dress.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
This was my inspiration dress - but NO ONE carried it! I searched, and searched, and searched and never found it.

1947.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results