carat
color
clarity

The diamond I ordered

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just jumping in.

I can't see the posted videos. Suggest you download and then upload to YouTube. Once on YouTube, you can post a link here and it will actually embed in the forum so no pop up windows, etc required.

Looking at the images you've posted thus far, the second stone looks a little more promising.

Can you share the specs of it? And by specs I mean the GIA or AGS certificate. ;)2 You can blank out the certificate numbers if you don't have this diamond secured yet.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just jumping in.

I can't see the posted videos. Suggest you download and then upload to YouTube. Once on YouTube, you can post a link here and it will actually embed in the forum so no pop up windows, etc required.

Looking at the images you've posted thus far, the second stone looks a little more promising.

Can you share the specs of it? And by specs I mean the GIA or AGS certificate. ;)2 You can blank out the certificate numbers if you don't have this diamond secured yet.
https://www.pricescope.com/diamonds/round/3_01-carat-i-color-vs1-clarity-8567094#

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It won't hurt to wait for more images but I like it SO much more than the ED option.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
39A0CA76-B22F-4C0C-84DA-0D86AA30A243.png
@OoohShiny @FearlessSmile
@lovedogs @ac117 @tyty333 @gm89uk

Hope I got all my helpers on board.

Tell me what you think of these hearts and arrows images above. Different stone not discussed previously. It is a I VS2. HCA score 1.8.

Thank you a ton,
MK

2D157CD6-0BB4-47BB-B8D2-5EFDBEC75647.jpeg
One more image to go with those hearts and arrows images above. The seller is checking but doesn’t know if this stone has ASET or idealscope images.
Pardon my French, but for a generic, non-superideal diamond, the cut accuracy/symmetry in those pics looks pretty f'ing amazing :o lol

There's no ASET image, annoyingly, which would help show if there was any leakage, but so far, and to my inexperienced eyes, I think this looks about as good as you could possibly find without going to a superideal! (I may be wrong, of course!)

I'm going to tag @flyingpig as an excellent source of MRB analysis :)) but in the meantime, make sure the stone is very definitely on Hold - as it's listed on two different vendors' websites, I fear it may be virtual inventory and potentially able to get snapped up by someone else.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a really nice diamond. The half pavilion mains are slightly twisted as per the first photo. The second photo is taken well to further reduce unwanted obstruction (https://www.pricescope.com/communit...light-performance-diamond-photography.227610/ @flyingpig)

The hearts looks good. The extra depth is accountable for with the higher crown height and this stone is far less painted. Great find @OoohShiny
Just reading back, I think I missed that this is a different stone to the one I found!

If an ASET is available, that would really help confirm or remove any doubt re: the potential pavilion issues.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@OoohShiny

Yes. Different stone. I think it’s secured but hard to know for sure. Dealing with time zones in India, poor communication, etc. What specific info would help for you to know? I’ll post them here but don’t want to post the certificate just yet. I’m also waiting to hear if ASET and Idealscope are available. Thanks for your help!!

MK

FearlessSmile

Rough_Rock
39A0CA76-B22F-4C0C-84DA-0D86AA30A243.png
@OoohShiny @FearlessSmile
@lovedogs @ac117 @tyty333 @gm89uk

Hope I got all my helpers on board.

Tell me what you think of these hearts and arrows images above. Different stone not discussed previously. It is a I VS2. HCA score 1.8.

Thank you a ton,
MK

Very nice! Looks to be a great choice! Nice hearts and arrows, the only other information you could ask for is an ideal scope image which would give you more info - not sure how much more beneficial this is, the experts will know :)

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the confusion, yes the second stone looks better (the second set of images wth the H&A view)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny

Yes. Different stone. I think it’s secured but hard to know for sure. Dealing with time zones in India, poor communication, etc. What specific info would help for you to know? I’ll post them here but don’t want to post the certificate just yet. I’m also waiting to hear if ASET and Idealscope are available. Thanks for your help!!

MK
ASETscope images will show if there is any leakage from wide-ranging pavilion facet angles (which GIA rounds massively :rolleyes: ) - a SARIN scan would give facet-by-facet information (IIRC) but I don't think many places offer that.

Pavilion mains definitely have to be under 40.45degree angle (IIRC?!) because less than that angle will mean high risk of leakage.

A 40.6 pavilion could be all facets at 40.6 or a range of 8 different angles - potentially one or two could be under the 40.45 angle but we just don't know without ASET or scanning.

In a worst case scenario, you could purchase the stone (assuming free Returns?) and then buy an ASETscope for your own use at home (on this stone and any other stone you buy) :)

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@OoohShiny

https://www.b2cjewels.com/dd/122886...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

This is the stone. I found it on this site. B2C Jewels. It showed as “in house”. Hoping that’s a good thing. Bumped the budget up and the carat weight. I am assured the stone is secured. They will request ASET and Idealscope and send to me by Monday. I’ll forward those here when they arrive. There was a diamond video but it disappeared when the diamond “sold”. Stay tuned please!! I’ll need your help with the new images.

Many thanks,
MK

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
933177BC-37CB-401E-AF14-168170849FD5.jpeg 55A11A1A-34AD-4C62-A716-2F0EC30353EF.jpeg 98547341-00FB-48FB-B5E4-E7F2A11A2DD8.png F4A5BC24-C098-4EED-9723-838CC4B6AD99.jpeg
Yes. Same stone. I’m going to repost the hearts and arrows so no one has to go back. Thank you @lovedogs for the quick response. I’d love any other comments! Agree this is a good looking stone?

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
8F55C066-1DC5-4ABC-9C40-0142FEC72073.png
And more details. Just in case they help with the images. Thanks awesome diamond people!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it's absolutely gorgeous! I'd definitely say go for it!

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your replies. Waiting for my new friend @OoohShiny and any others that might come in. I appreciate the help from you all!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stone but not a true H&A stone.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your replies. Waiting for my new friend @OoohShiny and any others that might come in. I appreciate the help from you all!
@gm89uk is much better at MRB analysis than me! lol

I would echo the comments above, though (and had kind of been waiting to say so because I didn't want to lead you astray incorrectly if others were going to say something different :???: :) ) so if you are happy with it, get it ordered for assessment at home! :sun:

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! As mentioned, it's not a H&A stone and not on par with a super ideal but it is still are REALLY lovely stone and nicer than most stones by leaps and bounds. LOVE a 36 crown with a smaller table.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock

Diamond arrived. Trying to post it from YouTube. See if this works. I have more video in different lighting and pics to come.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
More body color than I was expecting (I was a bit concerned about it from the original magnified vendor video, but was hoping those didn’t depict body color very well). Less fire. Seems to have good light and brilliance depending on the lighting. Has sparkle, just not a lot of color. I’m keeping her close to see her in lots of settings. Other thoughts? Can I do better for the same price? $34k

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results