carat
color
clarity

The diamond I ordered

headlight

Ideal_Rock
@gm89uk @OoohShiny

Thank you both for your responses. ☺️
I have seen pretty 3 carat I diamonds in person, which I felt was necessary, to know if I could live with the slight warmth that comes with an I. The original magnified video concerned me because it appears to have a brown tinge. I asked the vendor about this prior to purchase. He assured me it was fine. A beautiful stone. No tinge. I’ll repost that video to see what you think. It is very representative of the diamond color in person. Sorta “bronze” in color. I did not buy it from four mine, but it’s the only vendor that still has video. The others show “sold”.
https://www.fourmine.com/shop/diamond/6203963594?utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc

I don’t live close to any of the vendors mentioned. I’m in the Dallas, TX area so I should be able to find a place to go and compare. I will clean the diamond, handle with tweezers, look at it again. Even if I can find the “shine” with a clean diamond, the color isn’t good for an I, compared to the others I have seen in person.

The 4 images I posted above would be an exchange with the current vendor, B2C. @OoohShiny, the new images are the diamond I’m considering, and it has the strong florescence. (The current stone does not have any florescence).

I would love to hear your thoughts about the color in the four mine video above. And any other comments. Thank you all!!

MK
I think the tint is clearly observable in the video. I had a 3.29-ct. in I color and you will see it, no question. An I color in that size is tinted and it is darker. Based on my experience, I would suggest you go down in size and up in color. If it is bothering you now and you don’t even have it set, trust me when I say it will make you crazy. You are spending a LOT of money and people are going to see a LOT of tint. Honestly, a smaller stone in a higher color grade will make more of a statement than a larger stone in a lower color.
Let my mistake save you a lot of angst and $$.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
But @MK Malone has the diamond in hand and is happy. Depending on the setting it may make tint more or less pronounced.

Lots of people are happy 3ct I colour owners.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
But @MK Malone has the diamond in hand and is happy. Depending on the setting it may make tint more or less pronounced.

Lots of people are happy 3ct I colour owners.
Point taken!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Point taken!
It is true though with a vendor that doesn't have a flexible upgrade policy, to think about these things. Now or never.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@headlight
Thank you for taking the time to chat about your experience. I know the diamond looks dark in the vendor video. Certainly had me concerned as well. I’m not seeing that drastic color in person (I hardly see any at all....real life pic posted to show color from the side/back view), but I’m going to hang out with her in different light and continue to consider her attributes. Honestly, I’m shocked I spent so much money on such a tiny piece of earth. Can’t quit thinking about that fact. And B2C Jewels charges a 20% restocking fee, to upgrade. But I think I can upgrade without spending double (if I remember correctly). I need to double check that policy.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@gm89uk
Thank you for your thoughts too! I am a yellow gold girl so I will be setting this diamond in yellow. I have read or heard that a yellow gold setting is the better option for a “warm” stone. Warm sounds so much more charming than the alternatives. Thoughts?

FearlessSmile

Rough_Rock
@gm89uk
Thank you for your thoughts too! I am a yellow gold girl so I will be setting this diamond in yellow. I have read or heard that a yellow gold setting is the better option for a “warm” stone. Warm sounds so much more charming than the alternatives. Thoughts?

Yes I’m pretty sure a gold ring goes better where colour is more apparent in the diamond as it helps to mask this :)

FearlessSmile

Rough_Rock
@headlight
Thank you for taking the time to chat about your experience. I know the diamond looks dark in the vendor video. Certainly had me concerned as well. I’m not seeing that drastic color in person (I hardly see any at all....real life pic posted to show color from the side/back view), but I’m going to hang out with her in different light and continue to consider her attributes. Honestly, I’m shocked I spent so much money on such a tiny piece of earth. Can’t quit thinking about that fact. And B2C Jewels charges a 20% restocking fee, to upgrade. But I think I can upgrade without spending double (if I remember correctly). I need to double check that policy.

And yes this!! It’s crazy how much they sell for, I know you’re paying for craftsmanship etc but still a piece of rock dug out the ground lol!!

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
DD4925CA-B32D-4377-9CC6-81AC516EF174.png 64C46D02-E653-46F0-8B5F-25BEEACCA54A.png ABA0F4CD-7FFC-4E4A-B79B-4486991CE186.jpeg
@gm89uk @OoohShiny @FearlessSmile @lovedogs @ac117

Update: I spoke with the vendor. He offered to send me this other stone (pending payment of course) so that I can access the stones side by side. I’m attaching the images above and measurements to see if y’all think it’s worth the trouble to see them side by side. Here’s the info. Same size and color. Dimensions are:
D 61.5. T 56. CA 34. PA 40.8

Many thanks in advance for your shared knowledge.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kudos to b2c for finding such a beautifully cut stone. If you have the funds to compare both, they are certainly different flavours of ideal proportions so if it were me, I'd be keen to see it.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But not if there is a 20% restocking fee on the one(s) you return.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@headlight Honestly, I’m shocked I spent so much money on such a tiny piece of earth. Can’t quit thinking about that fact.

This is always my thought as well - so much money for something so small!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're looking for more fire, C34 P40.8 is pretty much going to provide less fire than your current stone with C36 P40.6. However, if you just want to compare them in person, it looks like a very nice option.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
A63B56F8-C15D-416C-9561-346F4AF9B75F.png 39E92B6B-1934-49B8-9D62-7CDBCC64D7C6.png E7471431-0051-48A3-A3C1-565F2988EC44.jpeg 2BBF0CE8-B2A5-4862-80AE-7A98267D78DA.jpeg
I’m back with an update. I posted images of a stone with strong fluorescence to compare to the stone I have already purchased (with your help) Unfortunately, I’m having trouble getting my money back from a previous vendor. (I cancelled my order with them 18 days ago. I cancelled the order before receiving the stone because people here weren’t impressed with the stone and thought I could do better. I tried to buy a new stone that y’all did like, from the same vendor but they were unwilling to price match. So I went with B2C and bought a stone y’all helped me with. Then I decided to buy another great stone from B2C to compare in person and make my decision. But the stone with strong fluorescence was sold while I was waiting for the refund from previous vendor. But it’s ok. I think I have found another viable option. It’s listed as a H&A stone on the GIA cert. I’m attaching images and more info. It scores 1.1 on HCA. Please tell me what you think. I’ve requested H & A images. I’ll post those when received. @aac2013 @FearlessSmile @OoohShiny @gm89uk @lovedogs @flyingpig

Thanks so much,
MK

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nicely cut stone but the one you have now is better cut, personally wouldn't bother. This one is definitely not H&A. Anyone can choose to inscribe whatever they choose to a stone. Some may inscribe hearts and arrows to trick less aware buyers.

GIA are simply obliged to write what is written on the inscription.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@gm89uk
Well that’s interesting. I thought GIA was the inscriber. The stone I have has a HCA of 1.7. This new one has a score of 1.1.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you are implying 1.1 is better than 1.7 you are mistaken. One is not better than the other. The lower the HCA is not better. HCA in this regard is pointless. You have ASET and images. They tell you more.

Your current stone is by far my favourite choice.
I don't need the h&a viewer to know this will have clefts and twisted lower halves and mains.

The other one that went was also beautiful. This stone will for sure be pretty, but it's just not as tightly cut. By all means order if it you have the funds available.

Last edited:

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@gm89uk
Thank you for hanging in here with me. I’m thinking it might get frustrating to try to educate another clueless diamond shopper. I’m totally depending on you all, because I know that I don’t know.

I did think that a HCA score of 1.1 is better than 1.7 because the HCA results also tell you if certain categories are excellent or very good. The 1.1 says all excellent and that the stone appears “big” in size. The 1.7 had two excellent and two very good and stone appears “average” in size.

With that said, I think you are telling me that the Idealscope is far more important than the HCA score. I’m going to post the IS side by side next. Thanks for giving me your assessment.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
E14390C1-FB12-4D5D-AA5B-AF2B1797C568.jpeg B43F3B71-6D14-4256-9D25-CB654EE5AE62.jpeg
The top image is the potential new stone for comparison. The bottom image is the stone I have currently. Both same vendor.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
2EDA67D9-7359-4E36-8FA8-B8FD283C74A7.jpeg 3C320FA7-980C-491A-A451-028F39DD79E5.jpeg
@gm89uk

I think I posted the ASET instead of the Idealscope. Ooops! Here are new side by side images. Top image is new potential stone. Bottom is the stone I have.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
812AE3F3-EB80-4FC0-AF6E-D4EABE858C6C.jpeg
These are on new stone too.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
E14390C1-FB12-4D5D-AA5B-AF2B1797C568.jpeg B43F3B71-6D14-4256-9D25-CB654EE5AE62.jpeg
The top image is the potential new stone for comparison. The bottom image is the stone I have currently. Both same vendor.

I’m not the most expert non-expert around here ... but that first image seems to have a whole lot of painting and/or digging going on. It’s also missing the green “v”s between the arrow heads that contribute to brightness and scintillation. I think it will be more boring and the IS images show more leakage under the table.

I think the diamond you have looks great and is better!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The new stone is quite painted compared to the old one. The hearts look better than I anticipated. It's a well cut diamond (but not H&A) but a very different style to the one you have. It's a 60:60 style. It'll have smaller more white sctinillation sparkle, maybe appear slightly bigger for its carat weight.

You may notice more coloured light or fire in a higher variety of lighting environments with your current stone and larger bolder flashes.

Btw ASET tells us more than idealscope. Here HCA is not going to help you, but it'll come down to taste to these very different styles of diamonds.

https://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/diamond-education/60-60-diamonds-1503.htm

fenestrate

Rough_Rock
Premium
Apologies if I've missed it, but if you are in Texas, I shouldn't pass up the opportunity to go to Whiteflash. If you take the stone you have in hand and compare them side by side it ought to answer, visually, any questions you have about cut quality (I don't know what your eyes will tell you, but it is a good experiment that will put doubts about cut quality to rest one way or another).

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
I have ordered the diamond. Thank you one and all.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing how you think they compare.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@gm89uk @OoohShiny @FearlessSmile @lovedogs @ac117

I’m back and have received the second diamond for comparison from B2C Jewels. It’s a 3.4 RB I VS2. I love it! It has better color and seems brighter. Honestly, both stones are beautiful but the 2nd stone speaks to me. I’m so glad I ordered it. I have video of the 2 stones side by side if anyone wants to see them. They really are lovely!! (I can’t get my YouTube videos to show up here but I can email them).

B2C has been amazing. I worked with Yadav and Enchanted Diamonds before B2C and my first two experiences were NOT good. I am so happy with the kind professionalism I have received from B2C. Amazing customer service!! Above and beyond good!! The kind of service you’d expect when buying such a luxury item.

THANK YOU PS people for helping me!! I would not have found this gorgeous stone without your help. Happy 30th anniversary to me!!

MK

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glad it's all worked out. Nothing beats looking with your own two eyes.

Try Vimeo!

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
This is truly reflective of seeing in person and see which stone speaks to your eye. Numbers can only tell but so much of a story, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, although by all information I thought your original stone would be the better performer. I am glad you will now have peace of mind. I am anxious/curious to see the videos. Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results