shape
carat
color
clarity

The Christmas-themed Bling Photo Thread

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

It looks like what we call ʻōhiʻa lehua. There’s a jeweler that engraves the design in gold bangles with diamonds in the bangle. I want one but it was $10k when I checked like 4-5 years back so... no.

that sounds much much more fine
the diamond in mine is so tiny i didn't even mention it (its like a chip off a chip off a melee)
it's from a particular mall jewler that caters for a very wide demographic - but i just couldn't resist it

20201204_155658.jpg this is an example of the tree three doors down pictured over the neighbour's roof
Christmas is coming !

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
that sounds much much more fine
the diamond in mine is so tiny i didn't even mention it (its like a chip off a chip off a melee)
it's from a particular mall jewler that caters for a very wide demographic - but i just couldn't resist it

20201204_155658.jpg this is an example of the tree three doors down pictured over the neighbour's roof
Christmas is coming !

That thing is massive! Must be a beautiful sight IRL.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That thing is massive! Must be a beautiful sight IRL.
it is indeed very beautiful
it just says Christmas in NZ like nothing else
the birds love it

at our old place in Wellington our landlord cut one down about that size
it was a crime
the trunk was well over 2m accross
we rang the council hoping a native tree that size may have had some protection but the council didn't care about the outer suburbs

Here we have one in our front garden but its been jammed in too close to other trees, so its tall and spindly, i think we might have to thin out the other trees slowly and carefully, but we will get flowers all the same

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
it is indeed very beautiful
it just says Christmas in NZ like nothing else
the birds love it

at our old place in Wellington our landlord cut one down about that size
it was a crime
the trunk was well over 2m accross
we rang the council hoping a native tree that size may have had some protection but the council didn't care about the outer suburbs

Here we have one in our front garden but its been jammed in too close to other trees, so its tall and spindly, i think we might have to thin out the other trees slowly and carefully, but we will get flowers all the same

Do these come in different colors there? In HI you see red, yellow, sometimes orange... I’ve heard white but I’ve never seen it. Quick Googling tells me the NZ and HI are different but similar.

I’m on a thing now. I might try and buy a seedling online and see if I can grow it indoors. I’ll have to research this. These were my fave trees and I used to be obsessed with getting photos of all the different colors/ shades whenever we’d go back to the Big Island. Unfortunately my computer died and with it, went my pics.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do these come in different colors there? In HI you see red, yellow, sometimes orange... I’ve heard white but I’ve never seen it. Quick Googling tells me the NZ and HI are different but similar.

I’m on a thing now. I might try and buy a seedling online and see if I can grow it indoors. I’ll have to research this. These were my fave trees and I used to be obsessed with getting photos of all the different colors/ shades whenever we’d go back to the Big Island. Unfortunately my computer died and with it, went my pics.

the Pohutakawa is Metrosideros excelsa - there are lots of species of Metrosideros
it comes in verrying shades of bright to deep Christmas red
also yellow
i know they grow easy from seed
please be careful, i have read in some parts of California they are a weed and are referred to as the red devil
if you have old orange clay plumbing they will find it
thats why the landlord cut it down- even though both his rentals had modern pvc plumbing (idiot)
down south where im from they flowered much latter in March
we planted one, all was great until it grew taller than the garage and the frost would scorch it

if you see a long line of them they don't all flower at once, like they know the birds need to feed for more than two weeks
nature is so clever

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can't find that thread with rings on flowers

anyway
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
This is a little mall garnet ring
im not usually into red- but red is festive
its a really really comfortable ring with a nice weighty fell-
this succulent loves the bedroom window sill,
20201211_191822.jpg
edit
im hopeless at this
the dust is because when i was trying to get the ring to sit on the succulent i droped it and it feel into a deep moving box that Gary hasn't unpacked
lucky it was mostly soft stuff but that looks like it picked up a cobweb ?????

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few pseudo Christmas-y shots...

Firstly, me wearing my Holly pin. I LOVE this pin, and I particularly like it worn like this - right up on the neckline.
Holly pin.jpeg

My 3 current Christmas pieces - my Holly pin, my Christmas tree pendant, and my tsavorite and rubellite ring. (Did you pick up on the "current"? Could there be more coming?? It's possible....)

20200712_115242.jpg

My Christmas dinner table because...why not?

IMG_3861.JPG

Close up of my Christmas ring. Love this ring!

20200227_160027.jpg

Christmas ring with Holly band - doesn't get much more Christmas-y than that!

20200227_160101.jpg

And Bruce. Because NOTHING says Christmas like Bruce! Ho! Ho! Ho!

bruce.jpg

And what can not be more Christmas than your red patio furniture! I am obsessed with them! How cute for Christmas! Makes a patio or porch pop!

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
Don’t know how to edit my post. All this red and green is LOVELY*!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
All this red and green is
My 5 year old gave me my gift early today! He chose it from photos online 78385AA3-A878-425D-8744-514A53E8246C.jpeg

I love that he choose it
(Many many years from now remember to leave it to him in your will so he can gift to his wife or daughter, - ive read a few sad stories lately where rings with stories very attached to one child went to another)

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for sharing! Haven't come here for a while. So happy to see these beautiful Xmas sets! put me in a good mood! :kiss2:

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
☆°•☆°•☆Wishing all PSrs a wonderful and safe holiday!☆°•☆°•☆

Photo showing my tourmaline a tiny bit bluer than it is. But this is my holiday ring :)

20201215_153811.jpg

GatsbyGirl

Rough_Rock
Christmas magic. I love everyone’s festive jewels!
E89AA3A7-0FAB-4AAA-96F7-0330816C82DC.jpeg

Attachments

• 008B67A5-8637-40BC-9AE7-063D1E9FB9E6.jpeg
    008B67A5-8637-40BC-9AE7-063D1E9FB9E6.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 23
  • 060E69FA-213C-4CE1-87FF-08C7BF63BAD1.jpeg
    060E69FA-213C-4CE1-87FF-08C7BF63BAD1.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 23
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results