shape
carat
color
clarity

"The Bachelorette" thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 2:35:37 AM
Author: vip0802
so, i haven''t watch the show all season and i just happened to tune in right when Ed opened the ring box. i''ve been frantically searching online for pics and this is what i found. i think it''s a little too much for my tastes, but i''m sure it looks great IRL.

OMG it''s uglier than I thought...

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 10:08:29 AM
Author: atroop711
Date: 7/28/2009 2:35:37 AM

Author: vip0802

so, i haven''t watch the show all season and i just happened to tune in right when Ed opened the ring box. i''ve been frantically searching online for pics and this is what i found. i think it''s a little too much for my tastes, but i''m sure it looks great IRL.

OMG it''s uglier than I thought...

14.gif
a really ugly ring

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I typically love Neil Lane pieces but that ring is just way too much, in my opinion. It definitely isn''t an elegant setting, that''s for sure.
DH was so funny when Ed picked it out, he was all "What?! Is that guy crazy? He needs Pricescope."

The ring does seem to suit her, though. She seems to like a lot of attention.

I didn''t really care who she picked in the end, but now that she and Ed are together it does seem like they have a good chance of staying together. As long as he gets rid of those awful tank tops.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 10:07:45 AM
Author: atroop711

Date: 7/28/2009 3:42:53 AM
Author: indypitty

Date: 7/27/2009 9:53:52 PM

Author: vespergirl

Date: 7/27/2009 9:52:31 PM

Author: bebe

ya know, she was sooooo in love with the 3 of them. I don''t think her time with Ed will last very long. I hope I''m wrong.

poor Kypton, I really feel for him.

guess Ed really ''came through'' ;-)

LMAO!!!
emwink.gif

Okay, did anyone else notice after the scene of Jillian and Ed''s ''alone'' time this week, the camera cut away to an exploding volcano before the commercial break? I''m not sure if that was supposed to be a metaphor for what happened in the bedroom or what... it was pretty funny to me!!!

I caught that and thought OMG HOW DAMN CHEESY is that?
They also cut to the scene of the light switching off through the window of the hotel where they had their LAST overnight date.

This show is so ridiculous. I watch it for the hilarity of the situation and the bling. Both were let downs this season.
3.gif

Date: 7/28/2009 10:29:31 AM
Author: Lekde
found this: Jillian''s Ring.

38.gif

Now, if I was REALLY smart, I''d just go with the most expensive piece-- so when our engagement falls through I could sell it and buy a life.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Sabine and others, Kiptyn probably would have broken her heart, and yes, she should have kept Reid before- as my DH said, he trust the guys that say they "think" they are falling in love with her, but aren''t sure or are more cautious way more than Ed, who is proclaiming his love after knowing her for less than 2 months, AND it''s not like they are spending every minute of those 2 months together.

But I personally would have picked Kiptyn, I like to think I could handle him.
31.gif
Though like I said, would have to change his name, and I would possibly need to teach him how to kiss.

Deco, too funny about Ed and Neil Lane- did anyone else catch him in his tight underwear???? What is this show thinking?

Also, love how they showed Jillian doing her own hair and make-up and nails- yeah right, they have stylists and people that do that for her!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the ring description:

A $60,000 (
23.gif
) platinum ring set with a 2.05-carat pear-shaped center diamond with six baguette-cut diamonds to accent the center stone and 94 round-cut diamonds to give it a contemporary look.

That''s a lotta bling! Talk about finger coverage!
18.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 3:42:25 PM
Author: Laila619

A $60,000 (
23.gif
) platinum ring set with a 2.05-carat pear-shaped center diamond with six baguette-cut diamonds to accent the center stone and 94 round-cut diamonds to give it a contemporary look.

18.gif
do these guys have to pay for these rings, or does the show buy them? $60,000 is a big hunk of change for 30 yr. old to cough up.
and then what happens if (more like, when) they break up? Does Jill keep the ring? Or does Ed return it to the show? Confused.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 4:09:32 PM

A $60,000 (
23.gif

18.gif

do these guys have to pay for these rings, or does the show buy them? $60,000 is a big hunk of change for 30 yr. old to cough up.

and then what happens if (more like, when) they break up? Does Jill keep the ring? Or does Ed return it to the show? Confused.

I wonder this myself. I''m sure the show paid for the ring. But I wonder if they have to return the ring in case of break up. I wonder what happen with Melissa and Jason''s ring
20.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
My post just got deleted by accident, but I''m in the minority too because I''m an Ed fan. Yes, he picked an ugly ring, but I think it was because he is a typical guy who thinks that women want the biggest/sparkliest thing out there! And yes, his shorts are too short, but I tihnk she''s attracted to the tall, dark and handsome men (I know I am as my DH fits that category!
27.gif
).

Reid is way too immature for her. Everything he said and did last night proved that to me.

Kiptyn wasn''t expressing his feelings to her other than making out with her every chance he got. He wasn''t ready to settle down and it seemed forced last night - I agree he would''ve broken her heart.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love reading everyone''s comments. That said, I disagree with all the hating on Ed. I like Ed and even his little retro green shorts. I hate the ring he picked, though. I like pears but that ring is ugly.

I have to say that although I like Ed, I wish Jillian had picked Reid. I like him a lot and he is so cute. To those dissing Reid''s clothes, I think we were supposed to think that Reid had just gotten off an airplane and had not been given a chance to change into his suit, so he tossed his suit jacket on over what he was wearing. I hated the tennis shoes with the suit jacket, too, but I blame the producers for it.
11.gif
As for Kipton, I think he has a lot to offer but I don''t like him and Jillian as a pair that much.

I am looking forward to the After the Final Rose show tonight!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
watching again tonight.

I liked Kypton better, but Ed is just fine too !
Keeping my fingers crossed that it works for them, but I doubt it.

I read on some blog that Reid never went home, the producers cooked up the
whole thing. Ya think ;-)

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow; Melissa looks different. I think she had a nose job and my guy thinks her eyes look different, too. She was so cute before and I don't understand why she did it.

I felt bad for Reid. He kept looking over to Chris for help like when he said "I've got nothing" and Chris didn't say anything to help bail him out. There were lots of awkward silences.

I've forgotten the other things I was going to say, but I hope things really work out for Ed and Jillian. I am a true sap at heart.
4.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. Reid really has his Matthew Perry impression *down*!
3.gif
But I''m glad he let her off the hook & didn''t press for additional "answers". Once he realized she was happy with Ed he just backed off & stopped angling for info. That shows a generosity of spirit and plain old common sense.

I''d watch a Bachelor season with HIM. No way, no how am I watching Kyieptyn. Or Boy Scout Pilot weirdo. Though I might watch a season with Wes, because that would be Jerry Spinger-tastic!

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Some random thoughts...

I like Ed, and I'm glad Jillian chose him. He's very handsome and has a good head on his shoulders. He and Jillian both seem to have a good work ethic, so they're very compatible in that way. They're also both very adventurous and goofy. I will admit, though, that I had a soft spot for Reid, but I think he still wasn't "sure" even when he proposed to her. He just didn't want anyone ELSE to have her...while he made his decision. Any guy can propose, but they also know they can back out at the last minute (or shortly after proposing) if they're still unsure. I think that's what Reid would have done if Jillian had said yes. But I totally want Reid to be the next Bachelor! He's so darn cute and sweet, and girls would just be swooning over him. Speaking of, I wonder if Reid will take that one audience member on a date...they would make a cute pair!! I don't think Jillian and Reid looked right together. Reid is a total pretty-boy and Jillian has almost a masculine face. JMHO though.

I also would not watch the Bachelor if Kiptyn was the next bachelor. Yuck! I don't like him (especially his ears...and the way he was always making out with Jillian every second he wasn't actually talking)! And if Kiptyn was the "best catch" Jillian had ever had (which is really sad, BTW), then why didn't she pick HIM? That statement she made really shocked me. Maybe it's just because I totally did not like Kiptyn. Something about him just creeped me out...maybe it was the way he walked or talked or...I don't know....he just seemed like a dumb jock to me. I just remember during Kiptyn's hometown date (at his hometown), one of his friends (or maybe it was his brother) said that Jillian was "MUCH" better looking than any of Kiptyn's previous girlfriends. That kind of makes you wonder what Kiptyn is REALLY like, and if he is really as wonderful as Jillian seemed to think he was.

And the ring.....yeah, very gawdy. Don't like it at all! Okay, that's all I have to say on this topic. Time to move onto more important things. LOL!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:06:26 PM
Author: kindred
Wow; Melissa looks different. I think she had a nose job and my guy thinks her eyes look different, too. She was so cute before and I don''t understand why she did it.

4.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!

tim and i said exactly the same things. she didnt look like herself - she looked sleeker, more hollywood, and more generic.

booo TV land and the pressure they put on already gorgeous women!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:49:36 PM
Author: whitby_2773

Date: 7/28/2009 11:06:26 PM
Author: kindred
Wow; Melissa looks different. I think she had a nose job and my guy thinks her eyes look different, too. She was so cute before and I don''t understand why she did it.

4.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!

tim and i said exactly the same things. she didnt look like herself - she looked sleeker, more hollywood, and more generic.

booo TV land and the pressure they put on already gorgeous women!
yeah, I thought the same thing about Melissa.

And didn''t Jillian have extensions in her hair? I really hope she and Ed make it. I was rooting for Kyptin in the beginning, but now I have seen the light, ha ha!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 4:09:32 PM

A $60,000 (
23.gif

18.gif
No, the show pays for the rings.

The exception was during season two, the Bachelor was a successful bizman from Missouri (Jason maybe?) Who picked out & paid for the $40,000 ring he bought for Helene. I don''t know if it was just for show, but he pulled out his checkbook after selecting the ring and said something like, "If I''m proposing, then I should pay for the ring so it''s really from me." I can''t remember what it looked like - a 3 stone oval maybe with a 2 ct center?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:45:27 PM
Author: singer
Some random thoughts...

I like Ed, and I''m glad Jillian chose him. He''s very handsome and has a good head on his shoulders. He and Jillian both seem to have a good work ethic, so they''re very compatible in that way. They''re also both very adventurous and goofy. I will admit, though, that I had a soft spot for Reid, but I think he still wasn''t ''sure'' even when he proposed to her. He just didn''t want anyone ELSE to have her...while he made his decision. Any guy can propose, but they also know they can back out at the last minute (or shortly after proposing) if they''re still unsure. I think that''s what Reid would have done if Jillian had said yes. But I totally want Reid to be the next Bachelor! He''s so darn cute and sweet, and girls would just be swooning over him. Speaking of, I wonder if Reid will take that one audience member on a date...they would make a cute pair!! I don''t think Jillian and Reid looked right together. Reid is a total pretty-boy and Jillian has almost a masculine face. JMHO though.

I also would not watch the Bachelor if Kiptyn was the next bachelor. Yuck! I don''t like him (especially his ears...and the way he was always making out with Jillian every second he wasn''t actually talking)! And if Kiptyn was the ''best catch'' Jillian had ever had (which is really sad, BTW), then why didn''t she pick HIM? That statement she made really shocked me. Maybe it''s just because I totally did not like Kiptyn. Something about him just creeped me out...maybe it was the way he walked or talked or...I don''t know....he just seemed like a dumb jock to me. I just remember during Kiptyn''s hometown date (at his hometown), one of his friends (or maybe it was his brother) said that Jillian was ''MUCH'' better looking than any of Kiptyn''s previous girlfriends. That kind of makes you wonder what Kiptyn is REALLY like, and if he is really as wonderful as Jillian seemed to think he was.

And the ring.....yeah, very gawdy. Don''t like it at all! Okay, that''s all I have to say on this topic. Time to move onto more important things. LOL!
Ditto Singer! I don''t understand why she said that about him being the best catch and yet, she picked Ed. She was simply just attracted to him (not sure why) and that was that - there nothing else there between them.

The Reid interview with Jillian was just AWKWARD!!!

Ed looked great BTW!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I''m wondering what Reid meant by the fantasy suite comment. Do you guys think she would do "everything" with all 3 guys and then accept a proposal a day later? Doesn''t that sound odd? I wonder what Ed thought about that comment?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:07:17 AM
Author: steph72276
I''m wondering what Reid meant by the fantasy suite comment. Do you guys think she would do ''everything'' with all 3 guys and then accept a proposal a day later? Doesn''t that sound odd? I wonder what Ed thought about that comment?
steph, I''m with you! Reid''s comment was very unsettling, what the heck did he mean by it? My husband and I have been saying all through this show that Jill was all over these guys. I wonder if she just loves being in love!! I''m sure Ed cringed when he saw the entire show. That had to be hard to take.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so after watching the AFR last night, and seeing them all over the morning shows today, I''ve gotta say, they are pretty cute together.

And, OMG, Anderson Cooper just asked her how many of the guys she actually slept with. Genius. (She didn''t answer, thankfully!)

Yeah, I don''t think Kiptyn would make a good Bachelor, and Jake creeped me out. I think it''ll be Reid, if he wants to do it.

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have a picture of the Neil Lane ring Kiptyn picked out??

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I read in US Weekly that Michael (the break dance instructor with a twin) was asked about being the next Bachelor with his brother so, there would be twin bachelors. Interesting....

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t they just find another person to be on the Bachelor? Someone we don''t have background knowledge about, someone new? I''m tired of the rejects getting a chance. Someone new pleez!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So I don''t like how this ended. If she''s happy then that''s great. But I liked Ed at first until he left. Then I didn''t care for him. He seems "up to something" if you ask me and I''m not sure I see it working out between the two of them. If I''m wrong then congrats to the new happy couple.

Otherwise, I woulda picked Reid. He seemed so sincere and just a doll. Or Kypton. Not Ed.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 1:24:39 PM
Author: blushingbride
I read in US Weekly that Michael (the break dance instructor with a twin) was asked about being the next Bachelor with his brother so, there would be twin bachelors. Interesting....
Oh I hope not! God he was too immature. That guy is NOT ready to get married.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
HMMMMMM ... CHEATING ALREADY?

Why isn''t this any surprise?

Starting to get a real Scott Peterson sociopath vibe from HIM .. and a D-D-Dumb vibe from this "lovely Canadian girl".
20.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yick. Ring, ring ... Reid, are you there? It''s me Jilly! *click* Reid? Reid?

dbaged.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results