shape
carat
color
clarity

The 2011 trend... The FRENCH sides collection!

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
I love love love that layout!!

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
SweetAsscher, princesss, winternight, Amys Bling....thanks for your encouraging feedback. I'm gonna do it! So excited. Will post pics as soon as I have some, of course. I've waited and dreamed a long time about "my" Leon...but going custom is a bit anxiety provoking isn't it? Fingers crossed!!!! :appl:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's going to be beautiful. I'm so excited for you. :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in favor of the layout. I think it will be stunning. Go for it!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
an unusual combo but i think it'll look stunning. can't wait to see the finished article!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
thanks for bumping this thread BDTG...can't get enough of these french sides...what a collection ...thanks Yssie for collecting them in one place.

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
Just LOVE these....beautiful ---every single one of them!
Thanks for posting and keep em' coming!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I have a question for all you lovely ladies wearing these tapered french cut rings.

Do you wear them with bands? No bands?

If you do wear your tapered FC with a band, can I see your set together?

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lorrissey - I don't wear mine with a band. I tried it a few times with a spacer in between (since my wband is a shared prong, which wreaks havoc on anything it is next to). I didn't like the look because 1) I have short fingers and it just looked really cluttered; 2) my Frenchies and AVC are very warm (K-L-M) and my wband is G round brilliants; 3) when I wore multiple rings, the beautiful taper was just lost in the jumble of sparkle and clutter. So I'm glad I went with my instinct to have it sized for my right hand, because that's where I wear it all the time. I truly love the way the ring looks solo, and even if I ever get a different wband that might not clash as much, I would not wear them together. Also, ever since I went e-ringless when Leon was making this ring, I've grown to love the simplicity of just a band on my left finger.
So I would not wear my tapered French cut ring next to anything, but that is just me and my experience.

lorrissey|1354042037|3316622 said:
I have a question for all you lovely ladies wearing these tapered french cut rings.

Do you wear them with bands? No bands?

If you do wear your tapered FC with a band, can I see your set together?

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
thanks, for the response. I'm on the hunt to find "the one". I've been searching for the last 7 months trying this and that. No luck yet. I loved the tapered FC rings, but I do want that married look with the band. I was thinking of a VC engraved band, but I have always noticed that I never see any of the tapered FC rings with bands and I knew it was probably because they look better solo.

Your ring is TDF and I love that you wear it as a RHR solo. I'm actually starting to think I might be happiest with a large eternity on the left and a tapered FC on the right. You may have started a new trend! haha.

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
I also do not wear a band. With the wider tapered band, it looks better that way and has enough "presence" to stand by itself. Only one person has commented "did you just recently get engaged?" Nope...passed the 12 year mark this year! I think when you are getting married or newlywed, the band probably feels more important since it's traditional and expected. Later on, it doesn't matter so much. One ring or two...the signal is "taken!"

dsc02362.jpg

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
That's my issue. haha. My avatar ring and my 1ct princess cut solitaire can't be worn with a band, so I'm constantly getting asked "so when's the wedding?".... um... it was like 6 years ago. hahaha. I'm tired of it, so I do want the married look, but I guess I can handle it if I had a stunner like yours. YOWZA! Your ring is my dream ring!

Joolz

Rough_Rock
Lorrissey: I don't wear a band with mine either. I specifically wanted a ring that would stand on its own without a separate band. I like the simplicity of it and it reads modern to me, but then again I'm not very traditional. Only one person has asked me if I was engaged, and I have been married for 10 years.

Though I did try my plain 2mm band on the outside of the ring for safety reasons bc it was a little loose in the winter when I got and I didn't care for it at all with this ring.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorrisey, I think perhaps a plain, thin band might work with this style of ring if you really want the married look.

ETA: Joolz, you tried it and didn't like it with your ring? Bummer. Maybe an engraved, vintage band would work, or a band with matching french cuts.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think this is my favourite thread ever. :love: :love: I have a rose gold band with antique french cuts and pink rounds. I need to take a pic of it and post. :)

ladybugkd03

Rough_Rock
WOW! I didn't even know French cuts were a thing until this forum. I have seen rings that try to look like that, and I always assumed some were more beautiful than others because the diamonds (which I thought were trapezoids) were cut better.

So now here is the real question:
1) Will all jewelers have access to french cuts?
2) What is the premium in terms of price?

I love them all so much!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know if a french cut band is more expensive than rounds?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soxfan and Ladybug: french cuts seem to be rare. Even for some established jewelers they seem to be a mystery. In the US, Victor Canera, Leon Mege, Steven Kirsch, Good Old Gold an JbEG can source or cut them. In Europe I found a jeweller who quoted me more then 10 times the price that VC and SK quoted for a setting with tapered french cut sides!!!
Another jeweler in Europe can source them from Israel and quoted the double amount compared to VC and SK but they could not source the lower coloured melee I needed for my OEC.

As far as I can see there is a mark up (if all other factors like size are equal) compared to round melee.
The best you can do is ask for a quote from one of the above vendors. VK, LM and SK respond very quickly. You need to fill in a short form on their websites (you can ask the price for a specific item in their collection).

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pixgirl|1374670081|3489124 said:
Here's mine.

2 ct OMB by Leon Mege with single prongs and 7 graduated French cuts on each side.

:appl: beautiful ring Pixgirl!!!
When did you receive your ring? Are you still enjoying yours? :love:

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
Ok...need to add my little baby to the group! :love:

1.32 F, SI1 - the setting is .93cts F VS1 high dome french cuts.

christy_ring_0.jpg

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, lovely, lovely!!! :love: Great thread.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know how I am just seeing this thread for the first time, I LOVE every single ring on here !!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results