shape
carat
color
clarity

The 2011 trend... The FRENCH sides collection!

gls

Shiny_Rock
These rings are gorgeous!
Im pretty sure bright ice's e-w emerald is listed on JbEG. Would love to see that beautiful ring on another pricescoper's hand!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I really love the french cut trend and am so happy to see them all in one place--thank you, Yssie!!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
texaskj|1306804163|2934136 said:
If you will excuse me....I need a moment to myself after those photos. And maybe a cigarette, even though I don't smoke. :lol:

HA! I second!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
It's clear to see why this is a trend! They're SOOOOO pretty! I love them all!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
DiaGem|1306940536|2935363 said:
luv2sparkle|1306765635|2933655 said:
I am with you Yssie! I love all the rings with french cuts! If I ever need another reset......I wonder if you could do french cuts
and a halo?.....hmmm..

Sure :sun:

FChalo-faceup.jpg
:love: :love:

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
mrssalvo|1306950223|2935472 said:
I am with you Yssie! I love all the rings with french cuts! If I ever need another reset......I wonder if you could do french cuts
and a halo?.....hmmm..

FChalo-faceup.jpg
:o Where are these from?! I have been searching for weeks for images of a diamond halo of frenchies, all I can find are the art deco ruby/emerald/sapphire types, no diamonds.

Please and thank you!

~Naomi

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrssalvo|1306950223|2935472 said:
and a halo?.....hmmm..

FChalo-faceup.jpg

Oh my... french cut coloured stone halos - plenty to be had, but a frenchie *diamond* halo - utterly decadent!!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Love them Frenchies! :love: :love: :love:

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Yssie! To have all of my favorite rings in one thread is heaven. Great job!!! :appl:

DanMgy

Rough_Rock
I was told that the smaller the stone gets the harder it will be to cut. So when you see a lot of the rings that have tapered shanks the stones furthers away from the center stone (the small ones) become extremely challenging to cut and drives the cost up. Does anybody know if this is true?

I was also told that it might take a few tries to get the cut right even with an experienced cutter? Is this true? I am not thrilled with the thought that I am paying for somebody to do trial and error and essentially learn on the job instead of getting somebody that knows how to do it right the first time.

But I do LOVE the way these guys look, I am having the side stones made a big bigger because they are so amazing looking!

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
2.16ct, I, VS2 AVC set in Victor Canera's Sophia with 1.03ct French Cut Sides, Ring size 4.25

DSCN0777.JPG

DSCN0860.JPG

This is absolutely a trend that I love. If I could rest my RB win a VC ring I would in a heartbeat! But the shipping issues and getting it from me to anyone is difficult.

I will drool for now.

Here is a ruby/ diamond ring. The stones are french cut but it is hard to see. I returned the ring though because it was supposed to be an OEC and it was... a milky RB :)

I love the halo idea though. Was sad to send it back.

photo.JPG

stci

Ideal_Rock
Yssie you are fabulous! Thank you to share all these beauties! I'm in love with all those gorgeous rings! Thank you Sweety!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Art Nouveau's tourmaline is my favorite PS ring of all time...spectacular!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Diagem, can you tell us where we can find a french cut halo?

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
My new favorite thread! :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great thread :appl: :appl:

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
I am about to sign the work order for Leon Mege to make mine...but it will be different. Calibrated french cut side stones with a larger, elongated emerald cut center. I'm so nervous! Leon wouldn't put his name on anything that wouldn't look good, he says it will be a very elegant ring, but I haven't seen this combination before. I think the frenchies look best with chunky cushion cuts, especially AVCs, but have seen them complement RBs and an occasional asscher). What do you think? Is there a reason we haven't seen this pairing? Too much of a contrast between the faceted french cuts and linear step cut center? :errrr: I just REALLY love french cuts and want it to work!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
mimi72|1329693314|3129576 said:
I am about to sign the work order for Leon Mege to make mine...but it will be different. Calibrated french cut side stones with a larger, elongated emerald cut center. I'm so nervous! Leon wouldn't put his name on anything that wouldn't look good, he says it will be a very elegant ring, but I haven't seen this combination before. I think the frenchies look best with chunky cushion cuts, especially AVCs, but have seen them complement RBs and an occasional asscher). What do you think? Is there a reason we haven't seen this pairing? Too much of a contrast between the faceted french cuts and linear step cut center? :errrr: I just REALLY love french cuts and want it to work!

I think you'd probably want to post this question in rockytalk to get more responses? Leon has a great eye, but I'm having a little trouble imagining this ring. It does seem like alot of contrast. Can't he send you a mock up where he lines up the french cuts next to the emerald cut stone?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
winternight|1329754928|3130052 said:
mimi72|1329693314|3129576 said:

I think you'd probably want to post this question in rockytalk to get more responses? Leon has a great eye, but I'm having a little trouble imagining this ring. It does seem like alot of contrast. Can't he send you a mock up where he lines up the french cuts next to the emerald cut stone?

I thnk it will be cool. Ask him to take a photo of your diamond laid out with the frenchies beside it, it will give you a sense of how it will look.

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer D and Winternight...here's the layout...I'll try not to hijack this thread any further since it's supposed to be for finished products. When I first saw this photo the combination didn't do much for me. I was considering a five stone with traps and bullets, but all those step cuts sort of blend together to my eye and I feel the impact of the center stone is reduced. So, really wanting french cuts all along, I went back to this layout which I think offers some interesting, albeit unusual, contrast. FWIW, I emailed Victor Canera to ask his opinion on this combination and he said it would be "a very nice pairing" since both cuts reflect broad flashes of light and since both are art deco period cuts it would create a vintage look.

I'm a bit hesitant to post in RockyTalky, I don't think folks will like the layout at first glance, and I'm kind of going on faith with LM saying it will work. I haven't liked everything he has done, but I haven't seen many stinkers from him either. 8)

leon mege_grad_french cuts.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
mimi72|1329798831|3130611 said:
Dreamer D and Winternight...here's the layout...I'll try not to hijack this thread any further since it's supposed to be for finished products. When I first saw this photo the combination didn't do much for me. I was considering a five stone with traps and bullets, but all those step cuts sort of blend together to my eye and I feel the impact of the center stone is reduced. So, really wanting french cuts all along, I went back to this layout which I think offers some interesting, albeit unusual, contrast. FWIW, I emailed Victor Canera to ask his opinion on this combination and he said it would be "a very nice pairing" since both cuts reflect broad flashes of light and since both are art deco period cuts it would create a vintage look.

I'm a bit hesitant to post in RockyTalky, I don't think folks will like the layout at first glance, and I'm kind of going on faith with LM saying it will work. I haven't liked everything he has done, but I haven't seen many stinkers from him either. 8)

I think it's gorgeous :)

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
Thank you slg!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Love all of these French cuts! Wow! :love: :love: :love:

Also, mimi72, I love that layout! I'm a big fan of the mix of cuts, and I think it adds something really interesting to your EC.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Mimi, looks fantastic very deco very classy, but of course it is important for you to love it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mimi its lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results