shape
carat
color
clarity

TGal, how is your IVF friend?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Three little boys are going to be SO much fun! Congratulations to your friend- sending her *stay put* vibes!
1.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 11:20:00 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 10/15/2009 11:17:40 PM
Author: TravelingGal
lili, they are keeping all three.

All three BOYS.

6.gif

How is she with that news? I thought I wanted a girl and I would be devastated if both twins were boys. Then I found out, shrugged my shoulders, and now I cannot even imagine having a girl!

Hope she has the same experience. Little boys are so sweet to their mamas!
DITTO! my son is a total mamas boy from the womb lol...its the best thing..cant complain about girls either tho bc my girl is independant and smiley alllll the time
30.gif

congrats! sending lots of baking dust! i would try to bedrest as much as possible!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
OH MY 3 Boys!!!!

Well Tgal, if she''s happy that is soooo great.

And i have to add another vote to the amazingness (is that a word? ;-) of moms and their boys. Something about this bond that goes beyond a stereotype. And she gets to experience that x 3
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
somehow when i saw your post TG the image of lynette scavo popped into my mind.
6.gif
three boys...wow. i am so happy that she is doing ok and the results from the amnio came back positive.

thing about ''trying'' for a sex of the baby is that many times the universe just tries to fool with you!!

cara

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Lynette Scavo indeed. Three boys! At least it will be easier to just share clothes and activities and all. My aunt and uncle raised three boys all within a year of each other in age (one from each''s previous marriage and one grandchild the same age as his uncle) and it seemed to make for a certain symmetry and organization to the child-raising. But they did start after the baby stage.

There''s always a fourth (harumph! Though I''d wait to see how the first 3 go before betting on another go round.)

Thanks for keeping us updated TGal.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Wow three boys. Glad she took news well and is happy about the healthy babies.

Sending lots of baking dust to her.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
She needs to watch THIS
1.gif

Can serve to do 2 things
1) make her smile
2) make her think "well, it could be worse, there could be FOUR!)

(Tgal, i also sent it to you on FB so you can ignore it)

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
3 healthy boys !!! That is wonderful news !! It would have been nice for her to have a girl or two, but I am sure she will fall in love with her three little boys, and they will surely love their momma.

Lol about her telling hubby they will be going for #4!! You just know #4 would be a boy too!!
9.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! 3 boys
6.gif

So happy for her and her boys for the great amnio results.
Sending lots of baking vibes to her.
How far along is she now?

Haha....that''s great that she''s in good spirits w/ this pregnancy to toy w/ the idea of having a 4th :D

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow, 3 boys! Glad your friend took the news well and the amino results came back great!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all, forgot to come back and thank you for sending her good vibes.

She is doing better. She says some of the excitement is gone now that she is having 3 boys, but she is obviously happy all is going well so far. My daughter just LOVES her so I feel a bit sad when my daughter cuddles up to her (Amelia is NOT normally super affectionate) and my heart hurts that she is not having a girl of her own (not yet anyway.
5.gif
)

We went into baby gap the other day because she wanted to look around and I saw out of the corner of my eye her touching and picking up a brown shirt with a pink cupcake on it. She put it back and didn''t seem to look at anything else after that. I know when she meets her boys she''ll love them to death, but I think her heart will always wonder what she missed by not having a girl. She actually seems to be mentally gearing up to consider having a fourth in the hopes that all will turn out well with her three boys. But she is says if this is her lot, she will be happy.

Her shower is in 3 weeks. If I can, I''ll post some pics of that (minus faces, just the venue). I took her around to help her register today and it''s mind boggling the money she is going to have to spend...no wonder the diaper companies, etc, help out parents who give birth to mega multiples! We struggled to figure out how many of everything she is going to need. For instance...she wants a video monitor and they are pretty pricey...and we realized she probably can''t just use one (although I haven''t researched this yet.) Twins seems manageable. Triplets puts you in the realm of kookyland!

She''s 21 weeks or so now I think. The target goal is 32 weeks...her docs say she probably won''t be able to hold onto them for much longer than that because she is so small. Keep sending those vibes...dust, whatever. We really want to get her into the 30 week zone! She looks small to me still, but will grow so fast over the next few weeks and she''s already very uncomfortable.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TG: I''ve been following this thread but just lurking, I wanted to say I''m glad to hear that your friend is doing ok. 3 boys will be tough and it''s too bad she didn''t get a girl, but as long as everything sticks and she''s healthy/they''re healthy that''s a great thing. Sending positive vibes/thoughts her way for a continued good pregnancy, etc.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, TGal. I can''t even imagine all the emotions she is going through. My heart kinda breaks for her that she''s not having a girl too, especially when you mentioned the cupcake shirt at BabyGap. But I''m sure once she has her 3 little guys, she''ll be absolutely over the moon and I really do hope that if all goes well physically, mentally and financially, maybe she really will go for #4! I will continue to send my good vibes her way. She is so lucky to have you as a friend.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tgal--aw, i am sure it was really hard for her to pass over the girl stuff but that''s just because she doesn''t know those boys yet. I remember when i was pregnant and gravitated to the girls stuff , but now i don''t even have an interest in looking at it. Once they arrive it''ll change everything. Not that she''ll never want a girl, but i think she''ll be pretty smitten in a few months. And i have a cuddle-bug boy (they are possible-lol) so i am sure at least one of them will be that type of kid for her
1.gif

Sending another 10+ weeks of sticky dust her way!!

My cousin had her embryo transfer this past monday. Now she is just waiting for the results. Must be excrutiating. To think of all the time, money and emotion invested in the process. Tgal, did your friend get extreme bloating after? My cousin is complaining of that & apparently it is very common. She was also on 4 days bedrest, which i found odd .

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like your friend is doing great. Love her attitude on having a fourth. =)

sending lots of baking dusts.

Jas12
Good luck to you cousin.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks gals!

Jas, I am excited for your cousin! Please keep us posted about her...I''m eager to know how things are going. I do remember my friend felt bloated pretty quickly, so perhaps that is a good sign?
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
jeez i was bloated from practically day 1 and i only have one in there...so i imagine for 2 or 3 it must be crazy!

it really is amazing what our bodies can do given multiples... greg has an employee who is about 6 months with 2 and he says she is really struggling. she is a very tiny woman and her dr wanted to put her on bed rest if they couldn''t let her work from home so she could lay down whenever she needed to. so they did thankfully. but i can''t imagine a small gal with three in there...!! and what about OCTOMOM? how does your body handle 8 ??? JEEZ.

hoping your pal makes it to 32 TG!!!

btw..boys can''t wear a brown shirt with a pink cupcake on it? who says?!?!
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 4:17:00 PM
Author: Mara
jeez i was bloated from practically day 1 and i only have one in there...so i imagine for 2 or 3 it must be crazy!

it really is amazing what our bodies can do given multiples... greg has an employee who is about 6 months with 2 and he says she is really struggling. she is a very tiny woman and her dr wanted to put her on bed rest if they couldn''t let her work from home so she could lay down whenever she needed to. so they did thankfully. but i can''t imagine a small gal with three in there...!! and what about OCTOMOM? how does your body handle 8 ??? JEEZ.

hoping your pal makes it to 32 TG!!!

btw..boys can''t wear a brown shirt with a pink cupcake on it? who says?!?!
3.gif
I''ll remember you said that.

(off to check out some shirts for Mara''s son...)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol TG oh i''ve considered worse.
25.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
A metro-sexual baby. LOL.

Off-topic: This guy in my HS was dressed in a lot of girl''s clothes when he was a baby/toddler b/c he had an older sister and his parents didn''t want to buy new clothes.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 4:51:35 PM
Author: qtiekiki
A metro-sexual baby. LOL.

Off-topic: This guy in my HS was dressed in a lot of girl''s clothes when he was a baby/toddler b/c he had an older sister and his parents didn''t want to buy new clothes.
OK, I''m ALL about practicality, but if I had a boy next, I''d buy him his own clothes for sure because that is just mean!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
So glad she is still doing so well!! She is a trooper for sure!

Tgal, just out of curiousity, how old is she? She might have that daughter down the road, you never know!

eta: Jas12, lots of healthy and sticky vibes to your cousin!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 5:49:02 PM
Author: hlmr

Tgal, just out of curiousity, how old is she? She might have that daughter down the road, you never know!

36, so it''s possible, but since this pregnancy has kicked her butt, she''s afraid to go through it again.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 7:19:08 PM

Date: 10/23/2009 5:49:02 PM
Author: hlmr

36, so it''s possible, but since this pregnancy has kicked her butt, she''s afraid to go through it again.
Yes, I''ll bet it will be a while before she thinks of having another one. But at 36, she does have some time. I hope she stays well for the next dozen weeks, so those boys can get as strong as possible.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hiya gals...so it turns out her OB (not her perinatolgist) told her she had HYPER thyroid when all along it was HYPO. And now, it seems to have corrected itself.

But she got diagnosed with gestational diabetes.
40.gif

She''s laughing about it all anyway. Her sister with the twins also has gestational diabetes. With my friend, she failed the one hour test and the doc told her no need to take the 3 hour...she failed the one hour that badly.

Anyway, all is still pretty good. Things are day by day, and we keep hoping for the best. I found her a Mountain Buggy Urban triple for 699 and it was delivered (and can be returned at any time.) It''s actually a cool stroller for a triple! And HUGE.
23.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 10:58:23 PM
Hiya gals...so it turns out her OB (not her perinatolgist) told her she had HYPER thyroid when all along it was HYPO. And now, it seems to have corrected itself.

40.gif

She''s laughing about it all anyway. Her sister with the twins also has gestational diabetes. With my friend, she failed the one hour test and the doc told her no need to take the 3 hour...she failed the one hour that badly.

Anyway, all is still pretty good. Things are day by day, and we keep hoping for the best. I found her a Mountain Buggy Urban triple for 699 and it was delivered (and can be returned at any time.) It''s actually a cool stroller for a triple! And HUGE.
23.gif

TGal, I thought about this thread the other day. I was in Target and a couple was there with their triplets (no more than a few months old). Me being me, and relatively unafraid of approaching strangers, I asked about her stroller. I couldn''t remember if your friend had picked one out yet or not. They had a Triple Decker and said they liked it (made by a company called Double Decker). I know now that she''s picked out a stroller, but if she ends up not liking it, it''s another option. Also, she said for your friend to check her local moms of multiples group, because they often will sell their strollers and things second hand for much less than she would get it new. Not sure where your friend is located, but it''s something to check out if she hasn''t already.

I feel a little creepy admitting that I did that, but I hope it helps!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 11:04:12 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 11/6/2009 10:58:23 PM

40.gif

23.gif

TGal, I thought about this thread the other day. I was in Target and a couple was there with their triplets (no more than a few months old). Me being me, and relatively unafraid of approaching strangers, I asked about her stroller. I couldn''t remember if your friend had picked one out yet or not. They had a Triple Decker and said they liked it (made by a company called Double Decker). I know now that she''s picked out a stroller, but if she ends up not liking it, it''s another option. Also, she said for your friend to check her local moms of multiples group, because they often will sell their strollers and things second hand for much less than she would get it new. Not sure where your friend is located, but it''s something to check out if she hasn''t already.

I feel a little creepy admitting that I did that, but I hope it helps!
LOL, that is very sweet of you!

If it were me, I''d get that triple decker, but I''m not sure she wants to spend that much money on a stroller that you can only use for a few months (since it relies on the infant carseat). I''m not sure how much use she''ll get out of the Snap and Go double I just found for her on craigslist (for $40, not bad!), but maybe she will. Her plan is to carry one and put the other two in the stroller, or to use a single SnG and a Double when she and her hubby are out. I think it''s going to be a lot of trial and error. We''ll see!

Anyway, thanks for thinking of my friend!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
For Monkey Pie, this is baby shower bingo. There are sites you can the cards, but I wanted to create my own and have it be cute (along with having some of the theme colors). I found a site to work out the algorithms (or whatever its called) so that I can create 25 different cards, but then I had to take the print outs and move all the little squares/gifts by hand. I am sure there is an easier way to do this, but I''m not going to figure out what it is. So my eyes are going crazy and the font doesn''t help (although I chose it on purpose so I wouldn''t have to line up all the gifts perfectly on the card.)

How it works is that when she opens the gift, you put a marker on the square. 5 in a row is Bingo, of course. Makes the gift opening part a bit more interesting.

Her shower is Sat!

samplebabybingo.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
TGal, that is SUPER cute! I know she will appreciate all the work - but omg, my eyes hurt just from looking at it, too. I think it''s the bright blue.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, on the computer it''s bad after awhile. In print, much more mellow.

Tonight I get to make a diaper cake! Boy oh boy! And centerpieces!

Good thing I like my friend...AND we''re going to have wine at the factory floor tonight.
5.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results