shape
carat
color
clarity

TGal, how is your IVF friend?

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal--
That is a cute and unique idea for the gift opening -- let the guests in on the fun too.

Wow, you need to make one big a$$ cake since she''s probably going to go through diapers like TP.
Have fun rolling those teeny newborn diapers
5.gif

How far along is she now?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:05:45 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Yeah, on the computer it''s bad after awhile. In print, much more mellow.

Tonight I get to make a diaper cake! Boy oh boy! And centerpieces!

Good thing I like my friend...AND we''re going to have wine at the factory floor tonight.
5.gif

LOL. Wine cures all ills, even sore retinas.

Everyone I work with has been building a monumental diaper cake the past week. I think the thing is going to be as tall as I am with the amount of stuff they have been bringing in. Wow, I hope they do that for me
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
23 weeks, fast approaching 24. Mentally, I''ll breathe a little sigh of relief once she hits 26.

MP, I hope you have a lovely shower with a monster diaper cake!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tgal
Love the gift opening bingo idea, and the cards look very cute. What font is that?
Yay on making a diaper cake. I so want to make one, and also the diaper sushi. I just need someone to invite me to their baby shower.
Can''t believe she is 23 weeks already. Keep being good boys and keep baking.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:14:16 PM
Author: TravelingGal
23 weeks, fast approaching 24. Mentally, I'll breathe a little sigh of relief once she hits 26.

MP, I hope you have a lovely shower with a monster diaper cake!!!
Holy crow!! Where has the time gone? (I'll bet it has seemed painfully long to you and your friend though...)

I am so glad she is able to keep those babies growing for a while longer!
36.gif
Continued healthy vibes to her and her sons.

cara

Ideal_Rock
monstrous diaper cake needed. for sure. tgal thanks for all your updates on her - it is so great that she is past 20 weeks and approaching viability. i don''t know that 26 weeks is my let-breath-out point; a friend had twins at 26 weeks and only one made it home after a marathon hospital stay, the other passed away after a few hours. but the surviving boy is doing great and is ~ 1yro.

is your friend holding up okay now? you had said she was mega-sick and depressed at first, has she had a whiff of the honeymoon trimester or is it all madness?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey TG is she on bed rest? i seem to remember she was but i can''t recall.

i hope she makes it to 26 and past!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Wow, time is flying by & that is goood news (probably creeping by for her ). I am hoping she makes it to 30+
1.gif

Love the bingo idea. I played that once at shower and it really did make the gift part bareable. Is this going to be a huge shower? (honestly invite everyone--she''s gonna need the gear & i''d suggest to ppl that they give her gift cards to places like target or cosco b/c god knows she is going to be hitting up those places often for essentials). When is this happening? Is she excited?

My cousin''s embryos did not take
15.gif
. Found out soon after the transfer. They are really devestated and i am devestated for them. This is their 4th failed fertility treatment, but only the first failed IVF. However, i doubt they will do it again since they apparently looked into adoption even before the IVF.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, just caught up with this thread again!

Jas, I am so sorry to hear that. That just really made my heartache for them. I hope they can have a little one in their arms soon, no matter what road takes them there.

Mara, she''s on modified bed rest but is just relaxing.

Cara, she is doing much better. She is still not really well and I think she just started seeing if she can skip the zofran, but her spirits are much better.

I have a couple of snaps from the baby shower so I will post them. It was a lovely affair and went really well!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tgal, I am late to say many congrats but prayers outgoing to your friend and how exciting!!! Aw, you are such a sweet friend; this is wonderful news she is have 3 boys! What a blessing!!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I am looking forward to seeing the baby shower pictures!!
1.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal--
Wow, your friend and her sister both look fantastic.
And the shower looked so well put together and elegant.

Is her sister carrying boys too?

Jas12--
So sorry to hear about your cousin.
I hope they can have a little one in the arms too.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 2:54:59 PM
Author: lili
TGal--

Jas12--
Pictures???? Where are they??
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 7:20:30 PM
Author: isaku5

Date: 11/18/2009 2:54:59 PM
Author: lili
TGal--

Jas12--
Pictures???? Where are they??
36.gif
Hi there gals...

A few of the PS moms are on a networking site where I posted a link to a slideshow. Obviously I can''t post the link here. I tried to downsize a couple of the pics but couldn''t get it to a decent size without losing so much detail. I''ll try and post a couple of the decor pics, but it won''t show much since most of the stuff I took had people in it (which I can''t post here either.)

Thanks again for your support gals! She''s officially on moderate bedrest so now we sit and watch em bake!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Almost time for dinner, and YUM...had a nibble. A couple of notes to Skippy''s.

I read the review and I agree...take the meat out and letting it rest for awhile, then slicing, then putting it back in the au jus makes a BIG difference. The meat is much yummier.

Also, a lot of reviews said the recipe is bland. I think it''s because they are taking the campbell''s condensed broth and soups and adding a can of water for each. I imagine that would totally make it bland!!

I added NO additional water, and used campbell''s condensed beef consomme and condense french onion soup. I seasoned the beef with McCormick''s Montreal steak seasoning and three in a few mashed cloves of garlic. Other than that, I followed the recipe and used Guinness for the beer (half a one pint bottle). It was a 3+ pound chuck that I used as well, and let it cook for 6 hours, then rest, then slice and let it soak in there for another hour. It is really really good. We''ll see how it tastes on the toasted roll!

Thanks for posting this one Skippy!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
How are things going for your friend Tgal? Is she still on bedrest?

I hope her hubby took care of all the holiday shopping/decorating/baking!!
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 8:03:33 PM
Author: hlmr
How are things going for your friend Tgal? Is she still on bedrest?

I hope her hubby took care of all the holiday shopping/decorating/baking!!
2.gif
Don''t get me started on her hubby hlmr!
29.gif

But she is doing well...thanks so much to you and everyone for keeping her in your thoughts. She is at 29 weeks. The babies should be here in the next 3 weeks or so...maybe a bit later if we are lucky and earlier if we are not.

Her sister (with twins) is scheduled to deliver via c-section on Christmas Eve!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
That''s too bad about her hubby, TGal. He needs to experience being pregnant with triplets, if only just for an hour.

I am glad she is doing so well, and I hope she can hang in there for a few more weeks!!
1.gif

How exciting about her sister!! What amazing gifts to have on Christmas Day!

cara

Ideal_Rock
29 weeks is awesome. Of course a few more weeks would be even better, but glad she is hanging in and the little ones are hanging out!

And how exciting to have their cousins come out on... Thursday? So soon! Maybe at some point economies of scale will kick in having 5 kids so close in age in the extended family even if at first it is completely overwhelming... but what madness the family gatherings will be for many years...

lili

Ideal_Rock
29 wks already? That''s great. Hope they continue baking just a little longer.
Can''t believe that her sister are going to have her kids so soon....that''s just a few more days!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
29 weeks is awesome! Mentally I felt so much better once I hit 28 weeks (which is when my brother was born) and I was only carrying ONE baby! Sorry her DH is not being very supportive. Hopefully his tune will change once the babies are here. Yay for her sister too! What a x-mas pressie!!!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Wow, these 29 weeks went by FAST! It feels like we just started this thread a few weeks ago. I''m glad she''s doing so well, TGal, and I hope delivery goes smoothly.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it does seem like it''s going fast. BTW, her sister''s date got put off since she''s doing so well and she will most likely go in tomorrow or Wed.

I''ll keep you all updated if anything new happens, but they are setting a target date of 33 weeks for my friend. She''s 30 weeks tomorrow, so in 3 or so more weeks, the fun begins.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Yay for 30 weeks. Sounds like your friend is doing very well.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello all...

She is at 32 weeks now. Last night she called and told me she was having contractions and was admitted to the hospital. She is on Magnesium sulfate in the hopes of calming those down.

I haven''t heard from her yet today, so here''s hoping all is hanging in there.

Oh, and her sis was able to hold on for a few extra days and gave birth to a healthy boy and girl a couple of days after Christmas. 6.6 and 6.3 were the weights. Good sized twins!

cara

Ideal_Rock
32 weeks is awesome! How long are the planning to let her go (assuming her body doesn''t evict them earlier)?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Yay. Congrats to the sister. She had good sized twins.

Fingers crossed that the babies stay put a bit longer.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 1:29:46 PM
Author: cara
32 weeks is awesome! How long are the planning to let her go (assuming her body doesn''t evict them earlier)?
34 weeks is now the goal. I swear though, she gets bigger by the minute. She''s about 5''2" so there''s not a lot of room there.

But the damn witch doesn''t even look preggo from behind I mean, there''s not as much waist as there used to be, but her butt''s still small.
29.gif
41.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got another call...babies are doing well but she is not. Magnesium is not working so they have her on something else. It''s just a matter of time now.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
TGal, your friend is in my thoughts. Even if they can''t stop her labor, at least she made it to 32!! That''s pretty good!!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results