shape
carat
color
clarity

TGal, how is your IVF friend?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
32 is fantastic for triplets, esp. when the mom is so tiny. hope all is well and they can stay put for a few more days. please keep us updated!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Tgal I hope everything turns out well for her, glad babies are doing well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prayers for her and her babies. Hoping they all do well, please keep us posted. I am thinking they''ll be fine?? But saying extra strong prayers that they all come through well!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
keeping fingers crossed it works out well for her and the kiddos! but she''s made it this far, i am sure all four of them will come through with flying colors...plus at 32 weeks, that is great for triplets!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. I spoke with her husband tonight and she is in a lot of pain. They have her on morphine, I think. Just keep those good thoughts for a little while longer...it''s worked so well so far.....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
fingers crossed!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 10:31:57 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Thanks everyone. I spoke with her husband tonight and she is in a lot of pain. They have her on morphine, I think. Just keep those good thoughts for a little while longer...it''s worked so well so far.....
Sorry she is in pain, sending tons of good thoughts her way... And prayers of course...

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, I hope she is doing ok and the morphine is taking care of the pain. Sending lots of positive thoughts her way. Please keep us posted--we''re all rooting for her!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I hope they are managing her pain, and that all four are staying healthy!! What a trooper she has been!!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, keep use posted. I am glad she made it to 32 weeks.
36.gif
Hoping for a smooth delivery and healthy babes.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again...keep up the thoughts! Morning update is the contractions are better. She was scheduled to deliver today because of the rough day yesterday, but it''s so much better than they are going to keep her and make her hold those babies in. I''ll keep you posted!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, she is truly a rock star! I was sure you were going to tell us the babies had arrived--it''s pretty amazing that she''s kept them in this long. Hope she''s doing well mentally as well as physically. Can''t wait for the next update!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s amazing!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 12:04:29 PM
Author: curlygirl
Wow, she is truly a rock star! I was sure you were going to tell us the babies had arrived--it''s pretty amazing that she''s kept them in this long. Hope she''s doing well mentally as well as physically. Can''t wait for the next update!!

Ditto this! I''m glad she has been able to jump so many hurdles for these babies. I hope she can keep them in at least a few more weeks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeez what a waiting game, poor thing. Do they know how big the babies are now?

Random note but it's so amazing to me they can give morphine to a pregnant woman. I know I have heard about hospitals doing it, but it seems like such a dangerous drug to me. Then again I don't know anything about it..so maybe it's not.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Glad the contractions are getting better!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Glad the contractions are better.
Dust and thoughts to her little ones to stay in there for a little longer.

Wow, I didn''t realize how tiny she and her sister are.
It''s amazing that they can carry multiples w/ that small frame.

Congrats to her sister on the boy/girl twin.
Can''t believe they are the same size as most singletons.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Sending more positive thoughts to your friend. She''s doing an awesome job! Keep us posted. We''re all rooting for her and the boys!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, it really has been one thing, after another, after another. Anyone who is considering IVF, my two cents is to just put in TWO, unless you really want the nightmare of a very high risk pregnancy!

I''m stopping by later tonight, so I''ll let you know how she''s doing. She sounds a lot better and if all is calm still tomorrow, they are discharging her in the hopes that she can keep them until 36 weeks.

Yeah, what you''re thinking is what I thought too...what drugs are these people on? Apparently she''s starting to think the doc is nuts too. 36 weeks? Another month? I am not quite seeing how that is possible.

But 33 or 34 weeks would be MOST excellent. I think she''s 32.5 now, and last I spoke to her the babies were guestimated at over 3 pounds? Can''t remember.

L&D is such a by-the-minute thing. Her husband and his friend were STUPIDLY wanting to go to Vegas this weekend. The friend asked me, "What do you think the chances are of her having the kids by this weekend are?" I just looked at him levelly and said, "VERY good."
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 8:25:00 PM
Yeah, it really has been one thing, after another, after another. Anyone who is considering IVF, my two cents is to just put in TWO, unless you really want the nightmare of a very high risk pregnancy!

I''m stopping by later tonight, so I''ll let you know how she''s doing. She sounds a lot better and if all is calm still tomorrow, they are discharging her in the hopes that she can keep them until 36 weeks.

Yeah, what you''re thinking is what I thought too...what drugs are these people on? Apparently she''s starting to think the doc is nuts too. 36 weeks? Another month? I am not quite seeing how that is possible.

But 33 or 34 weeks would be MOST excellent. I think she''s 32.5 now, and last I spoke to her the babies were guestimated at over 3 pounds? Can''t remember.

L&D is such a by-the-minute thing. Her husband and his friend were STUPIDLY wanting to go to Vegas this weekend. The friend asked me, ''What do you think the chances are of her having the kids by this weekend are?'' I just looked at him levelly and said, ''VERY good.''
20.gif
Vegas now??? No words.

Sending more prayers her way TGal. Gosh she must be worn out, but the longer she keeps them baking, even a day or two more makes a difference??
34.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 8:25:00 PM
Her husband and his friend were STUPIDLY wanting to go to Vegas this weekend. The friend asked me, ''What do you think the chances are of her having the kids by this weekend are?'' I just looked at him levelly and said, ''VERY good.''
20.gif

23.gif

Seriously? I apologize, but what exactly made her want to have children with this man? She is going to need every bit of help she can get.
7.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Tgal, I'd tell her hubby and his friend to go, have fun and gamble....after all, no biggie if he misses the birth of his triplets, he'll always have next time, right?!
33.gif
38.gif
29.gif
37.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
For real, what is this guy smoking?
20.gif
Your wife is 32.5 weeks pregnant with high risk triplets and you want to go to Vegas with your boys??!?!?!?
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, he is a good guy, but these guys LOVE each other. To the point it''s a problem. But in this case, I think it''s because no one knows how triplet pregnancies are and they feel they have more time. They obviously aren''t doing their research. I''m like, "HELLO...she''s 32 weeks. That''s at the end of the rope for a triplet pregnancy...consider her like a 40 week preggo!" And in his defense, I never heard it from my friend''s husband...I heard it from his FRIEND, so it was most likely a wish from his friend that they could go.

But he''s being good and was there tonight, and actually taking time off work (which he never does...family own business which funds the entire family, and a bit of it is complicated, I think.) Obviously there is no thought of going anywhere now. He''s had his "last hurrah" as far as I''m concerned. I do think it was more of a wish than really going to Vegas this weekend. Her husband loves the buddies, but he honestly is not a dummy.

As for her, just came back...she looks great. She was in labor for 2 days, I guess. I have no idea what this means, but they said if contracts go over 45 (I think on a scale?) that was cause for concern. Hers went up to a 100.

And the morphine question...I guess it''s the lesser of all evils. She doesn''t want all these drugs in her body, but if she has the baby, they are going to be getting all kinds of stuff into them in NICU to help keep them going, so they''re safer in her with her body filtering all this junk. That''s what everyone is telling her.

I told her about you guys and your good thoughts...she seemed touched. I''m not one for PS dust and all that, but I really thank you for your good thoughts. As we all know, things in the world of L&D change in the blink of an eye. As a last minute toxemia preggo, I can certainly attest to that!

I''ll update as anything happens!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Morphine is not a big deal. Seriously. If the babies are born and have any respiratory depression from the narcotics, they''ll get medication to reverse the effects. Worst case, they get intubated briefly due to respiratory depression. And when the morphine wears off, they''d be fine. It''s more of a concern if you''re on it long-term and they become dependent on the narcotics the way anyone else would, and then they''d likely have to be weaned off them after birth. A few days isn''t going to cause them to have that problem.
Glad to hear things have settled down and that she may get to go home again. The other couple IVF triplet pregnancies I know of both delivered around 33-34 weeks, and all the babies are doing great, didn''t spend long in the NICU and are thriving at home. Past 32 weeks, it''s all icing on the cake, so she''s more than done her duty to carry these babies to a safe gestation!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good to know re the morphine DRK.

Glad to hear she is doing well TG...hopefully she can keep them in another week or two. And hopefully her husband''s friend gets a conk on the head and re-enters back into REALITY. Jeez, dodo.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hey TG, I was thinking about your friend today. I hope things are good and uneventful for her right now (at least, labour-wise).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 10:03:50 PM
Author: princesss
Hey TG, I was thinking about your friend today. I hope things are good and uneventful for her right now (at least, labour-wise).
Thanks...she says she''s hanging by a thread, or three. She''s 33.5 weeks and a trooper....

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That is so great for triplets!!! Hope they have a safe arrival when they are ready to come out
36.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Wow, she is a trooper!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results