shape
carat
color
clarity

TGal, how is your IVF friend?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I hope your friend feels better soon. Sending lots of positive thoughts her way.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for updating us TGal, I was wondering how she was feeling. I am sending her lots of strong, positive, healthy vibes!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought I''d do a monthly update in case anyone is still wondering.

Triplets are still going strong. She does have hyperthryoidsim but the doc does not want to put her on meds just yet because they think it will come under control on its own. She is still taking Zofran and she is doing much better although still nauseous.

Big ultrasound/amnio for all three is tomorrow. I''m just on the edge of my seat to find out the sex of these kids! She goes on bedrest in one month (at 20 weeks).

Here''s hoping all is OK genetically with the bubs.
1.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
hehehe...cant wait to find out what they are!! plz keep us posted with any new info! i also went on bedrest at 20 wks ..its hard but im sure she has many things to keep her busy
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG, she has my prayers, am hoping all goes well. I look forward to hearing what she''s having too. I pray she can rest and let them bake for as long as possible. She''s a trooper for sure. Give her our best.... Or maybe not, that would freak her out... LOL!!! Ykwim....
2.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tgal--hoping for a perfect bill of health for the beans! (and hoping she gets a girl in there
5.gif
)

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal--
Sending your friend and babies my thoughts and best wishes.
Like Jas12, hoping she gets a girl in there ^.^

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tgal
Any news from your friend yet?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
She finished the ultrasound - she had to get that done at Cedar Sinai and then made her way to the doctor for the amnio which is in a different city. The estimated waiting room time is 2-3 HOURS. I can''t imagine a place where they make pregnant women wait that long, but apparently he''s one of the area''s best.

So I have heard from her but have no inkling on if she''s gotten much news yet. I do know she may not tell us the sex right away until the results come back.

Like you guys, I am hoping for at least one girl in there. I''ve been sitting on pins and needles all day!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear your friend is hanging in there tgal!! I am hoping she has two girls and a boy in her belly!!
9.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
what an ordeal your friend has to go thru for the testing. 2-3 hrs is WAY too long
Is she feeling any better emotionally? Or do you think that is dependent upon getting a good report from the Drs??
I am hoping she starts to feel better, in all ways, soon....

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
2-3 hrs is a long wait, though it might be common now that CA is recommending NT scan and the perinatalogists are the only ones who can do those. I waited that ling for my NT scan.

Hope she has a girl in there.

Ditto on how she is feeling emotionally? I hope bedrest doesn''t get too hard for her.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
our neighbor who had twins was on bedrest for the last 3 months of the pregnancy...she said it was extremely painful...esp since they were having work done on their house (they had started before they knew they were preggo), and there were workmen in the house all day every day and so she was quarantined to one small bedroom with a TV and like 30 books and the dog and cat. hopefully your pal has a nicer setup TG!!! hope she has an XX in there.

can't believe people are having to wait 2-3 hours for a scan or amnio! typically kaiser is kind of hit or miss but i have been impressed with them (so far) for pre natal. everything has been very spot-on and easy working with people. we waited 10 min for our NT and our amnio and they spend so much time with you, they never rush (even though i know that they over schedule appts and thats why they are always running late!).

oh but for the results on CA testing, that def is taking 2+ weeks now it seems, ours took forever.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all. She said she''s scared to move, and I haven''t heard from her except to say the amnio was done and went well. I have no idea yet what the sex might be!

The reason for the wait is this is a guy that specializes in very high risk pregnancies. I guess doing an amnio on one baby is quite different from having to do with triplets. I guess he is so good that people will wait, and they are told of the wait before they even make appointments. I think she didn''t wait long though.

I''ll keep you guys posted!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that makes sense TG actually. the dr was telling us about how difficult it can be do to the amnio on twins, ....nevermind how hard triplets must be. they have to inject dye in to make sure they aren''t getting the same one twice etc etc.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, she said it went well and he only had to poke her twice. He was able to manipulate the needle inside her to get to the third baby.

No idea on sex yet. The technician would not tell her and neither did the doc from the ultrasounds. With a triplets, he is adamant in his practice I guess that they don''t reduce based on sex, so she has to wait until the amnio results come in. Yeesh! The early results should be in tomorrow and the complete in a couple of weeks.

I''ll keep you all posted!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow people would actually reduce at that stage based on sex?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 1:13:21 PM
Author: Mara
wow people would actually reduce at that stage based on sex?
People must Mara, or else I guess his staff would not have said that?

I met an old acquaintance at the park a few weeks ago and she said she had artificial insemination so they could choose the sex of their daughter. Nothing was wrong with them, they just wanted a girl.

I think it''s dangerous to mess with stuff like that. Look at what some asian countries are going through now with the shortage of females for males. If you are an smart, attractive woman in Korea, I hear you have your pick of the litter, and it''s empowering women in Korea in ways they didn''t have before.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
wow, Tgal, it''s interesting politics with IVF.
Okay, maybe i am overthinking this, but if they wouldn''t tell her based on fear of sex selection doesn''t that make it seem like all three are of the same sex?? If they are a combo, that couldn''t be a big issue, no?
Oh maybe it is just protocol for every couple?

My cousin hasn''t gone in for her procedure yet--got delayed but it''s now next tuesday. I mentioned she is only implanting 2. Apparently it is common for one to split, but if that does happen the 3rd embryo has a lower success rate and the Dr''s will then discuss "elimination''. My cuz is a nurse and discusses this all very clinically, but it all makes me feel so thankful to get easily pregnant b/c i would hate to be faced with that kind of decision
15.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 1:40:38 PM
Author: Jas12
wow, Tgal, it''s interesting politics with IVF.
Okay, maybe i am overthinking this, but if they wouldn''t tell her based on fear of sex selection doesn''t that make it seem like all three are of the same sex?? If they are a combo, that couldn''t be a big issue, no?
Oh maybe it is just protocol for every couple?

My cousin hasn''t gone in for her procedure yet--got delayed but it''s now next tuesday. I mentioned she is only implanting 2. Apparently it is common for one to split, but if that does happen the 3rd embryo has a lower success rate and the Dr''s will then discuss ''elimination''. My cuz is a nurse and discusses this all very clinically, but it all makes me feel so thankful to get easily pregnant b/c i would hate to be faced with that kind of decision
15.gif
They told her this over the phone before she went in and got it done. They don''t talk sex until all the results have come in, so she wasn''t surprised.

Also, if it was a combo, sex would still be an issue. If it''s two boys and one girl, some may get rid of a boy in order to have one of each. Or maybe the girl because they don''t want girl. People might reduce based on different sex combinations so I guess they figure it''s best to be safe.

My friend came over on Sat night and we had a nice quiet evening in. I asked her, knowing what she knows now, would she go through it again with triplets, or would she have preferred implanting two and none taking and doing the IVF all over again. She said without hesitation, at this point, the latter. I was surprised to hear that. This has been an extremely difficult pregnancy for her emotionally and physically. The health of the babies is a constant worry, and it''s scary knowing that the odds are they will be born several weeks premature.

I hope all goes well for your cousin!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Any results back yet for your friend tgal? I am still hoping for a healthy XXY report for her.
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you believe nothing yet? Maybe at the end of this week. Only one report came back so far which didn''t have much on it, but basically all is very good with the triplets. Keep crossing those fingers for her, thank you so much!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Wow, really? Thought she have the results by now.
I may have missed this, but is she going w/ the reduction or keeping all 3?

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been following a coule triplets-after-IVF blogs recently. One had a scheduled C/S today at 34w2d or so (smallest 4lb15oz, largest 5lb6oz), the other is past 32wks and still hanging in there with a 1cm long cervix. I know a lot of complications can arise, and I''d be terrified in her position (I''m enough of a wreck with one in there), but there are very good outcomes too.
Hope everything looks good on the amnio!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili, they are keeping all three.

All three BOYS.

6.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 11:17:40 PM
Author: TravelingGal

All three BOYS.

6.gif

How is she with that news? I thought I wanted a girl and I would be devastated if both twins were boys. Then I found out, shrugged my shoulders, and now I cannot even imagine having a girl!

Hope she has the same experience. Little boys are so sweet to their mamas!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Tgal: THREE BOYS!
32.gif
Goodness. Best of luck to her, still.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 11:20:00 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 10/15/2009 11:17:40 PM
Author: TravelingGal

All three BOYS.

6.gif

How is she with that news? I thought I wanted a girl and I would be devastated if both twins were boys. Then I found out, shrugged my shoulders, and now I cannot even imagine having a girl!

Hope she has the same experience. Little boys are so sweet to their mamas!
I think I am more bummed than she is since I have a lovely little girl and wanted one for her. The amnio results came back fantastic, so she is very happy. Now it''s all about baking time. Send a good vibe or two her way....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and she joked with her husband that this means they will be going for number 4!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots of good vibes her way Tgal! I actually just saw triplets at the Farmer''s market tonight. Cuties!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results