shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me how much I overspent

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or contact me through louptroop (same user name there), and tell me your order number so I can yell at them for you (if that's not your personality). Yelling at people with awful policies and garbage customer service brings me great joy, especially when it helps someone who is getting screwed over by said unfair and unethical practices.

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
These people are freaking idiots who don't even know their own policies. @kruler2113 check ALL THE FINE PRINT on your order confirmation. Because I don't think they know anything about their policy, and they are just making it up as they go. If it's not in the sales contract or anywhere in your confirmation then it's BS and they can't enforce it.

Here's what they just emailed me (5 min after she said something different in chat).

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 9.21.11 AM.png
No sales contract, just word of mouth apparently.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No sales contract, just word of mouth apparently.
When you placed your order, what did the confirmation say, exactly? Can you copy --> paste it?

And what did the layaway paperwork/layaway order policy say, exactly? I would seriously LOVE to yell at them until you get a full refund.

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
5F7A8278-53A0-4EAD-ACDC-A9122A47F3DD.png
When you placed your order, what did the confirmation say, exactly? Can you copy --> paste it?

And what did the layaway paperwork/layaway order policy say, exactly? I would seriously LOVE to yell at them until you get a full refund.
I wish I could tell you there was one, I just did it through the phone. This is the closest thing I received, but no follow up email.

Please feel free to do this, I will reach out through louptroop.

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock

Ok tell me if you received that..I think I did it right. Feel free to yell at them

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Please let us know how it goes. The man made diamond forum would benefit from this information.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update:

BE is the worst. I talked to a random person who said that the 30 day refund policy STARTS when the layaway order is PLACED. WHAT?! That is zero places on their website. In fact, their whole foolish website talks about their 30 day return policy FROM THE TIME YOU RECIEVE THE MERCHANDISE.

Not only that, but if you want to cancel/return after 30 days on layaway, you lose 20%, and the other 80% is only store credit. NOOOOOOOPE!

I told the person on the phone that nothing on their website indicates this policy, and she said that layaway terms get emailed. I told her that was false, since OP purchased via phone and was only sent a "thank you for your order" email. She said that someone "higher up" would be calling OP to "figure this out", to which I responded that if no one calls by Monday then the credit card company is being called and a refund will be requested from them.

Obviously we are now beyond the issue of whether the stone is good or not. I don't think it's anywhere near worth the price, especially without a cert, but at this point I'm not even mad about that. I'm mad about BE having unwritten policies that only exist in their heads and apparently change in the 5 minutes it took someone to chat with me and the time she emailed me.

Scathing reviews to come, but for anyone who reads the man made diamond forum (@strawrose and others), DO NOT recommend BE to anyone. I know they are the most popular lab stone vendor (or one of them), and I've recommended them before, but never will again.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is one of the cleanest Emeralds I have seen. The higher the chrome content the deeper the green, usually the less bright, and the more inclusions appear. Trade ideal doesn't mean personally preferred ideal. A stone should speak to YOU. And yes I Personally think them price is high but the stone, to me, is beautiful.
Absolutely!! I just think it’s overpriced. The price is more like that for trade ideal color. Lighter emeralds are typically cleaner, and it’s a very clean stone, but $30k:carat??!! Remember too, it has minor oil so it may be more included without treatment.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely!! I just think it’s overpriced. The price is more like that for trade ideal color. Lighter emeralds are typically cleaner, and it’s a very clean stone, but $30k:carat??!! Remember too, it has minor oil so it may be more included without treatment.
It supposedly has minor oil, with zero proof of that from a company known to sell subpar gems for insane prices.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with MJO that a stone should speak to you, and especially with emeralds, you absolutely do NOT have to own trade ideal to have a beautiful emerald. I’ve said that numerous times, but I do think that a reputable lab report and a fair price is important to accompany the emerald of your dreams.

One of the reasons I show trade ideal emeralds is to make people aware of the quality that commands the highest price, so they do not overpay for non trade ideal stones. If that stone had no oil, he may charge way more per carat, and that’s ludicrous.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Update:

BE is the worst. I talked to a random person who said that the 30 day refund policy STARTS when the layaway order is PLACED. WHAT?! That is zero places on their website. In fact, their whole foolish website talks about their 30 day return policy FROM THE TIME YOU RECIEVE THE MERCHANDISE.

Not only that, but if you want to cancel/return after 30 days on layaway, you lose 20%, and the other 80% is only store credit. NOOOOOOOPE!

I told the person on the phone that nothing on their website indicates this policy, and she said that layaway terms get emailed. I told her that was false, since OP purchased via phone and was only sent a "thank you for your order" email. She said that someone "higher up" would be calling OP to "figure this out", to which I responded that if no one calls by Monday then the credit card company is being called and a refund will be requested from them.

Obviously we are now beyond the issue of whether the stone is good or not. I don't think it's anywhere near worth the price, especially without a cert, but at this point I'm not even mad about that. I'm mad about BE having unwritten policies that only exist in their heads and apparently change in the 5 minutes it took someone to chat with me and the time she emailed me.

Scathing reviews to come, but for anyone who reads the man made diamond forum (@strawrose and others), DO NOT recommend BE to anyone. I know they are the most popular lab stone vendor (or one of them), and I've recommended them before, but never will again.

Not to mention that they charge the sales tax rate of your area at time of shipment. :roll2:

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
This vendor is supposedly terrible with communication. I would not deal with them.
Bummer. What vendor would you recommend personally?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bummer. What vendor would you recommend personally?
Almost everyone on this board has great respect for Yvonne Railley (so??) on Etsy, but most of the emeralds I see from her are lighter in color and your gf wants a darker stone. Maybe you can tell her what you want and she can source something within your budget.

For extremely high end expensive emeralds from Columbia, I recommend Muzoemeralds on Instagram. This might not be an option for you on your budget, and some people feel antsy about having to ship stones to and from Columbia.

Please keep in mind I’m only basing my comments on what others have experienced, not what I’ve personally experienced. I bought my emeralds so long ago, I don’t even remember the vendor.

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
FCBAEFC4-2968-41DB-88A0-8E5DAE18AC95.jpeg WOW this cannot be a coincidence. Here’s the confirmation....2 months later and check out what I underlined. It is important to note that I have never seen one of these emails and have not signed it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FCBAEFC4-2968-41DB-88A0-8E5DAE18AC95.jpeg WOW this cannot be a coincidence. Here’s the confirmation....2 months later and check out what I underlined. It is important to note that I have never seen one of these emails and have not signed it.
Ha!!! Perfect. Call them and say "I only received this today, so my 30 days starts now and I am retirnjg it for a refund. Thanks"

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Well, they messed up. If they had sent it to right away and you had signed it without reading it, they would be in the right. This ruins their chances, since they tried to give you the terms AFTER the sale. It shows that they’re very disorganized.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
01235A57-47FC-41CB-AFE5-10A457C45227.jpeg I received this email shortly before. Is this a proper response?
I would say that you'll file a dispute with your bank/credit card company and a better buisiness bureau report if they refuse to issue a refund. Also ask them for proof that you ever signed that form.

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
I would say that you'll file a dispute with your bank/credit card company and a better buisiness bureau report if they refuse to issue a refund. Also ask them for proof that you ever signed that form.
Will do.

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
Why am I not surprised this is BE? :twisted2:

They charge a $150-300 fee to put a stone on hold and if you don’t buy that stone, that stays on your account towards a BE purchase. So to hold a stone, you basically have no choice but to buy something from them or throw away your money. That’s why I’m buying studs soon and it has to be from BE because I paid $300 for a 6 day hold a stone I was pretty certain about until I found a setting I loved somewhere else.

Also to note, they won’t price match. They use a virtual inventory and if the exact same stone is for sale by somebody else cheaper, they won’t price match. The stone I was looking at was $600 more at BE but since you must buy stone and setting from them, I couldn’t buy it elsewhere and get a BE setting.

FAQs also state they can make things in other metal colors unless the item is normally silver. I take that to mean if they offer it as 18k yellow that I can contact them and arrange for rose gold. But nope... I tried that and not possible.

:angryfire:

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
The lady put in a request for management to reach out to me

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
I think it would be helpful to have that FTC webpage on hand when you talk to them. Contract laws are strict for a reason.
I’ve read it a few times, but can’t seem to find anything incriminating for them. These look like tips to avoid customer dissatisfaction

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve read it a few times, but can’t seem to find anything incriminating for them. These look like tips to avoid customer dissatisfaction

It’s the Truth In Lending Act that they’re violating by not disclosing their policies. If it escalates, it’s best to get advice from a lawyer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results