shape
carat
color
clarity

SW OTK boots

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So these are the ones I just got, in the cranberry color - I hadn't liked them at all online but they looked great when I tried them on:

https://www.stuartweitzman.com/prod...elastic/?DepartmentId=602&DepartmentGroupId=1

I wish I had thought to take a selfie in the mirror so you could see them on - I don't have a good full-length mirror at home yet so I'll have to wait until I can have someone else snap a pic!

I tried on a lot of boots - I liked the Tieland and Lowland, but wasn't a fan of the 5050 (prefer solid leather if I'm getting a boot of that height/color, instead of the stretchy stuff in the back). If I end up returning the ones I ordered online rather than keeping them, I'll probably get the black suede Tieland instead.

Sadly they didn't have the embroidered ones I liked so much online. The salesperson said that the sale starts tomorrow. My boots were 30% off.

I LOVE your new SW boots. Sweet. And love the color too. Very versatile and I have a few SW boots that color and wear them often. It's a good color. Goes with many different things IMO.

Yes you must start taking boot selfies LOL. I am expert at that haha. And I LOVE the Lowland. Perhaps my favorite boot in the cold weather. The Tieland is relatively new and I have not yet had a chance to try it. I usually do best with flat to very low heels so not sure it will be comfortable for me. Please share photos if you decide to get the Tieland.

You guys are making my want a pair so bad!

Yassssss! You need a pair Elle. They go so well with your gorgeous gemstones!!! :love:

Yup. SW gets footwear/boots. Been a (family) staple, cuz that's what fits. Oh and LOOKS great!

Sharon, your taste is as always impeccable and exquisite.:appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The perspective on this shot is a little crazy because I was taking it myself, but here are the new boots:

A5A8112B-53CD-446B-8AC3-F97A0E479BE5.jpeg

They were a little harder for me to get on today than they were in the store but I am also wearing much thicker socks so maybe that’s it.

These are the boots I was wearing yesterday, a favorite pair of Valentinos:
E232F576-59D8-464D-9E09-E3F94838DADD.jpeg

Also @missy you mentioned some kind of spray? Is it a suede weatherproofing spray? What one do you use?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The perspective on this shot is a little crazy because I was taking it myself, but here are the new boots:

They were a little harder for me to get on today than they were in the store but I am also wearing much thicker socks so maybe that’s it.

Also @missy you mentioned some kind of spray? Is it a suede weatherproofing spray? What one do you use?

OMG Those are fabulous!!! PINKalicious!!! I LOVE them on you so much!!!! You rock these @distracts :appl:

Stuart Weitzman has something they treat them with but I don't remember the name of it. Did they not offer to treat them for you? I always get mine treated the day I buy them. Then if necessary Greg puts something on the leather (not suede) boots to help against the weather as well. It's back in NY and neither of us remember the name of it but it's not for suede. For the suede boots I also use a brush with fine brass bristles to keep it looking good.

Mainly when I get home from inclement weather I just make sure to get the boots dry and then brush them and it works out pretty well.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Those are fabulous!!! PINKalicious!!! I LOVE them on you so much!!!! You rock these @distracts :appl:

Stuart Weitzman has something they treat them with but I don't remember the name of it. Did they not offer to treat them for you? I always get mine treated the day I buy them. Then if necessary Greg puts something on the leather (not suede) boots to help against the weather as well. It's back in NY and neither of us remember the name of it but it's not for suede. For the suede boots I also use a brush with fine brass bristles to keep it looking good.

Mainly when I get home from inclement weather I just make sure to get the boots dry and then brush them and it works out pretty well.

Yes, they said they'd take them in the back to spray them. idk if I have to do it more often?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they said they'd take them in the back to spray them. idk if I have to do it more often?

I will ask Greg as he takes care of my boots. I get them re-heeled almost every year (the pairs I wear the most) because I am hard on my shoes/boots and my cobbler might treat them too. I will find out and get back to you. It really depends how often you will be wearing them in the inclement weather.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

Omg LOVE your pink boots!!! You go girl!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok PS friends I'm in boot trying on city in my living room!!! Ok I got the taupe lowlands with tie back thighs. My question is should they be slouchy at the ankle? 20191122_183548.jpg 20191122_183605.jpg 20191122_183716.jpg
20191122_183723.jpg

I love them. They are comfortable and I sized down and am wearing thick socks. I am very sensitive, as many PSers, so I'm open to feedback. Shout out to the queen, you've got style and you know your boots girl and you know who you are, hugs!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
And finally the SW 50 50 leather front boot. These feel great! They still have the slouch at the ankle. What do we think? Thanks everyone and happy FriYAY! 722986 722987 722988

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could not get the pink ones which I’ve worn multiple times or any I tried on at the store to not slouch at the ankle if I am wearing socks or pants or leggings. When I tried the pink ones on with very very thin socks I could pull them up so they did not slouch. So I suspect it’s normal.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I got the taupe lowlands with tie back thighs. My question is should they be slouchy at the ankle?

And finally the SW 50 50 leather front boot. These feel great! They still have the slouch at the ankle. What do we think? Thanks everyone and happy FriYAY! 20191122_190118.jpg 20191122_190127.jpg 20191122_190134.jpg

They look great from what I can see. The extreme close up you shared will exaggerate any slouching I think vs what it looks like IRL. Sort of like a diamond can look really big when we take an extreme close up. Haha see below example. Bubbalah looks huge here. IRL she doesn't look this huge. But it's all about perspective and an extreme closeup will show and exaggerate everything.
bubbalahcloseup.jpg

Some slouching is to be expected as @distracts wrote but it shouldn't be too slouchy. I don't care for slouchy ankles in a nice slim fitting OTK boot. My Lowlands have a minimal of slouching at the ankle. And even some at the knee looking at this photo that I do not notice IRL. They are not with me at the beach but I will share the photo I have to illustrate the minimal ankle slouching.

lowlandboots.jpg

and you can see here some (minimal) slouching with my 5050 SW boots at the ankle.

sw5050boots.png

Can you take a photo from a further perspective so we can see how it looks IRL? From what I am betting I think it looks great on you and no one would escape seeing some kind of slouching in that extreme close up.

Ok I'm in LOVE with these Vanelli over the knee suede boots!
Me too! Those Suede Vanelli boots look beautiful on you! Wow. Just gorgeous. :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually ordered another pair of SW boots last night haha. Impulse buy but let's see if they actually arrive as once before I ordered from this site and a few days later they sent me an email they are sorry but they are sold out of them so I am wary of this site now. But it was too good a deal to pass up so hoping it goes through. I ordered the Fifo black leather boot. I wore my old Fifo pair yesterday (about 5 years old and still looking in decent shape with basically minimal care on my part) in the rain and forgot how much I love the Fifo. They are OTK with a block heel of about 2" and a pointy toe and super comfy. Because of the pointy toe I go half a size up for more room in the toe box which works for me.

@bling_dream19 just realized I have similar perspective shots I can share with you to illustrate that yes perspective can really exaggerate what we are seeing. Here is a non flattering crazy perspective (haha @bling_dream19 this was before I saw your photos I swear as I took it yesterday afternoon when we got back from running errands) taken yesterday afternoon when we got back home. It was a rainy day and I prefer wearing my older leather SW boots in the rain though I will wear the suede boots too on occasion in the rain.

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 7.25.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 7.25.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 7.25.53 AM.png

and @bling_dream19 see it's even a bit slouchy on the model!

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 7.28.27 AM.png

I also have these in suede and patent leather. I have 5 pairs of the Fifo but haha couldn't resist a good sale. :sun:

In patent leather.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I actually ordered another pair of SW boots last night haha. Impulse buy but let's see if they actually arrive as once before I ordered from this site and a few days later they sent me an email they are sorry but they are sold out of them so I am wary of this site now. But it was too good a deal to pass up so hoping it goes through. I ordered the Fifo black leather boot. I wore my old Fifo pair yesterday (about 5 years old and still looking in decent shape with basically minimal care on my part) in the rain and forgot how much I love the Fifo. They are OTK with a block heel of about 2" and a pointy toe and super comfy. Because of the pointy toe I go half a size up for more room in the toe box which works for me.

@bling_dream19 just realized I have similar perspective shots I can share with you to illustrate that yes perspective can really exaggerate what we are seeing. Here is a non flattering crazy perspective (haha @bling_dream19 this was before I saw your photos I swear as I took it yesterday afternoon when we got back from running errands) taken yesterday afternoon when we got back home. It was a rainy day and I prefer wearing my older leather SW boots in the rain though I will wear the suede boots too on occasion in the rain.

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 7.25.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 7.25.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 7.25.53 AM.png

and @bling_dream19 see it's even a bit slouchy on the model!

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 7.28.27 AM.png

I also have these in suede and patent leather. I have 5 pairs of the Fifo but haha couldn't resist a good sale. :sun:

In patent leather.

Ok thanks Missy! I'm going to try them again and get some perspective shots. Thanks for your insight. It looks like a little bit of slouch at ankles is expected. and love your idea of taking them to the store to be treated. And I love your rainbow unicorn leggings! Adorable!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my... how did I not notice this thread before? I adore SW boots. Will not wear boots from anywhere else really. And I’m short (think 162cm)!

The 5050s work on just about any height and calf size I think. They seem to be universally flattering. Although mine are now really old (I have a second pair but I’m still wearing my first ever pair, which are now around 7-8 years old) and they are more slouchy than they were... they are still holding up well! I find even my new pairs tend to slouch a bit at the ankles. If they didn’t, i suspect they would be difficult to walk in and not very comfortable!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok decisions made!!! I'm keeping the Vanelli suede otk 2 in heel boot, the SW 50 50 black leather and stretchy, and the taupe suede lowlands otk SW boot! Yay soo exciting!!! Just need to get the protector and treat them. I called my local store and they said they couldn't treat them because I didn't buy them there. Boo. Oh well I can order some treatment.
Hope everyone is having a great Sunday! Those pink ones @distracts has are festering lol! Thanks for everyone helping me as always and hugs to each of you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok decisions made!!! I'm keeping the Vanelli suede otk 2 in heel boot, the SW 50 50 black leather and stretchy, and the taupe suede lowlands otk SW boot! Yay soo exciting!!! Just need to get the protector and treat them. I called my local store and they said they couldn't treat them because I didn't buy them there. Boo. Oh well I can order some treatment.
Hope everyone is having a great Sunday! Those pink ones @distracts has are festering lol! Thanks for everyone helping me as always and hugs to each of you!

I think you made excellent decisions as to which boots to keep. Those are going to be just gorgeous on you and timeless. And the taupe lowlands are a classic color. Beautiful. As an added bonus you'll be able to enjoy them three seasons of the year too. Congrats!:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting to see dentist and lots of nervous energy so shopping while I wait and I just bought these.

E79EF96C-69C1-42E7-B5AC-6A92146DC1A3.jpeg

Blue grey leather combat boots. I think I’ll love them.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I think you made excellent decisions as to which boots to keep. Those are going to be just gorgeous on you and timeless. And the taupe lowlands are a classic color. Beautiful. As an added bonus you'll be able to enjoy them three seasons of the year too. Congrats!:appl:

I'm lifting up in the back heel quite a bit. Does this happen to you girls? Going to try an inner sole and see if it helps. I've only worn them around the house.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Waiting to see dentist and lots of nervous energy so shopping while I wait and I just bought these.

E79EF96C-69C1-42E7-B5AC-6A92146DC1A3.jpeg

Blue grey leather combat boots. I think I’ll love them.

They are going to look great on you and I think you'll love. Dentist will be fine. Take deep breaths and hugs to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm lifting up in the back heel quite a bit. Does this happen to you girls? Going to try an inner sole and see if it helps. I've only worn them around the house.

Yes try an insole. Also because it’s new perhaps just breaking in the sole will help. It’s stiff and once you wear it around it will flex more and not pick up. Or it may not fit you properly. But see if the insole helps plus wearing it and breaking it in a bit. Fingers crossed that does the trick.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are going to look great on you and I think you'll love. Dentist will be fine. Take deep breaths and hugs to you.

Not great news unfortunately. Need to see periodontist. She thinks I have something systemic going on plus a genetic defect.

Reactions: AV_

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 , I’ve had the same problem with certain boots and shoes. If the insoles don’t help, I would consider returning the boots. I’ve found after a few weeks of wear the problem got much worse, probably because they stretch out a little with wear. Fingers crossed the insoles work for you. If not, try on other brands and see if you can find a brand that fit you better. They are beautiful boots and look GREAT on you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sale alert ladies! Stuart Weitzman is having 25% off on top of the sale they already have on their website. Some sweet deals.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered these since they are on super sale and said they were based on the Tieland (they seem to have changed the description since I looked at it on Friday?), which were the ones I liked most when I tried on in-store, but have a lower heel and less chunky foot silhouette that is more like the pink ones I got:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ACK, I hate when the site makes me think they deliver internationally (I can pick a country, after all),and then they just bug at the VERY last step....I was THISCLOSE to the Irena boot... sigh

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ACK, I hate when the site makes me think they deliver internationally (I can pick a country, after all),and then they just bug at the VERY last step....I was THISCLOSE to the Irena boot... sigh

Ugh, that stinks. I am sorry! Darn, I wish you could get these boots. I am surprised SW doesn't ship to you. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered these since they are on super sale and said they were based on the Tieland (they seem to have changed the description since I looked at it on Friday?), which were the ones I liked most when I tried on in-store, but have a lower heel and less chunky foot silhouette that is more like the pink ones I got:

Let us know what you think. I never saw or tried this boot on and am very curious. Hope you love it!

I am so tempted to get the Siella boot in coffee. OMG it's super pretty. Available for pre order only though and it's a long wait so the temptation is less strong. Whew. Dodged a bullet there. But they sure are pretty.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Irena arrived today - it says in the description it's based on the Tieland and does seem to fit pretty similarly, but is a bit narrower across the foot. Still like the Tieland while I'm normally a 7 in boots, this 7 is large on me - which is how I wanted it because I like plenty of room for super thick wool socks. But depending on how you like your shoes, your regular shoe size might be fine.

Now that I've actually tried these boots on, I want them all... but surely two is enough to start with?

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so how on earth do you keep these types of boots from sliding down?! I have a few pairs- stuart weitzman; Chinese laundry etc (ie pretty cheap to expensive) and no matter how tight it is they slide. My latest pr of stuart weitzman's are a bit too tight, they leave marks on my legs- still slide down.
I even have a pr w adjustable elastic built in at the top- slides down to my calfs.
I tried w tights, no tights too.
It's maddening!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Irena arrived today - it says in the description it's based on the Tieland and does seem to fit pretty similarly, but is a bit narrower across the foot. Still like the Tieland while I'm normally a 7 in boots, this 7 is large on me - which is how I wanted it because I like plenty of room for super thick wool socks. But depending on how you like your shoes, your regular shoe size might be fine.

Now that I've actually tried these boots on, I want them all... but surely two is enough to start with?

Bwahaha welcome to the SW obsession. You are in good :devil:company. Two is a good start. It is how I started. I got the 50/50 in black leather and blue suede and then the collecting (and wearing) began. It's like an M&M or a potato chip...once you start it is hard to stop.:lol: I am afraid to count how many pairs I have at this point.

Glad you love them and enjoy them! And perhaps more sales are coming in the next couple of weeks so if you do decide you want another pair it will be an easier purchase than at full price.

Would love a photo of the Irena if you care to share here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results