shape
carat
color
clarity

SW OTK boots

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so how on earth do you keep these types of boots from sliding down?! I have a few pairs- stuart weitzman; Chinese laundry etc (ie pretty cheap to expensive) and no matter how tight it is they slide. My latest pr of stuart weitzman's are a bit too tight, they leave marks on my legs- still slide down.
I even have a pr w adjustable elastic built in at the top- slides down to my calfs.
I tried w tights, no tights too.
It's maddening!

Gosh, I would go to your local SW store and speak with the sales associate and see what solution they can offer. Or go to your cobbler and ask him. We have a great cobbler and he has helped me with different issues over the years. Though with SW boots and Duo boots (custom to your calf) I never have that issue. My newest SW boots the Fifo are looser on me than my previous pairs but it could be because I ordered a half size larger so the calf fits a bit larger too.

A736E837-DD01-4C68-A770-DCD58E3042B1.jpeg \

As you can see it is a bit loose but once I wear it with pants/leggings it will fit just fine I think. And if you look at the video and pics I linked a few posts above it is how the Fifo fits the model too so perhaps it is supposed to be less form fitting than the 50/50 though I own a few pairs of older Fifo boots and they fit more slimly IIRC.

I would absolutely go to your SW store and ask them what they think and what can be done and then the cobbler is your next step. Your boots should not be sliding down your leg. And check out Duo because they do make it custom to your leg and you cannot go wrong with that fit. IMO. Good luck-I hope you can find a satisfactory solution and enjoy your boots.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I asked the salesperson in SW who said oh they won't fall, but they do. The newer ones are very tight on my knee so they don't slouch as much, but my older ones & other brands- yep down from over the knee to my calf.

No good cobbler here, more's the pity!

I don't really wear leggings .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked the salesperson in SW who said oh they won't fall, but they do. The newer ones are very tight on my knee so they don't slouch as much, but my older ones & other brands- yep down from over the knee to my calf.

No good cobbler here, more's the pity!

I don't really wear leggings .

I wonder if your older SW have stretched out? I cannot speak to the other brands you have but have always been satisfied with SW boots though I will say I wear the heels out super quickly and need to get the boots I wear regularly re heeled/soled every year. I am sorry you are having this issue and there must be a brand that will fit you better. OTK boots should be just that. And stay over that knee!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the one that really calls to me to make a third purchase - I have a leather jacket this color and the only pair of red shoes I have are Havaianas flipflops!

Bwahaha welcome to the SW obsession. You are in good :devil:company. Two is a good start. It is how I started. I got the 50/50 in black leather and blue suede and then the collecting (and wearing) began. It's like an M&M or a potato chip...once you start it is hard to stop.:lol: I am afraid to count how many pairs I have at this point.

Glad you love them and enjoy them! And perhaps more sales are coming in the next couple of weeks so if you do decide you want another pair it will be an easier purchase than at full price.

Would love a photo of the Irena if you care to share here.

I will try to get a photo this weekend! They didn't arrive last night until after dark and I'd had a long day and was already in pajamas and didn't want to share of picture of me in my fleece cuddleduds wearing thigh-high boots :lol:

My husband came home and saw them and was like "what are these for?" and I was like "wearing!" and he was like "wearing WHERE?" so he definitely thinks I bought stripper boots :lol::lol::lol: He likes the pink ones a lot though and says they are very "me."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the one that really calls to me to make a third purchase - I have a leather jacket this color and the only pair of red shoes I have are Havaianas flipflops!

I will try to get a photo this weekend! They didn't arrive last night until after dark and I'd had a long day and was already in pajamas and didn't want to share of picture of me in my fleece cuddleduds wearing thigh-high boots :lol:

My husband came home and saw them and was like "what are these for?" and I was like "wearing!" and he was like "wearing WHERE?" so he definitely thinks I bought stripper boots :lol::lol::lol: He likes the pink ones a lot though and says they are very "me."

Ohhhhh emmmm geeeee LOVE the chili pepper red 50/50 boots. As an aside do yo know one of Oliver's nicknames is our (not so) little chili pepper? :lol:

I say get these please! You will not regret it if you love the 50/50. The closest pair I have to these are the burgundy pair and I wear these all the time. The color 50/50 boots are really beautiful and this chili pepper color is awesome. I might have to get them also but shhh :shhh: don't tell anyone because they will think I am crazy.:lol:

Here are one of my burgundy pairs that I wear all the time.
Might have already shared this pair with you but just in case...I think you need the chili pepper boots I really do!

burgundystuartweitzmanboots.png

Your dh will love all your SW boots on you. I know Greg does (haha just showed him your chili pepper boots and he was like oh that is a great color) and just from what you wrote sounds like your dh will appreciate them too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@distracts SW is having the 25% off sale on new boots (and continued 60% off sale items) through 12/9...fyi!

(Not that I am being an enabler or anything 8)-I just love when people can get their dream items on sale :appl:)

Ugh NM, sorry. The chili pepper red and other suede colors of the 50/50 are excluded from the sale :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200103_121913.jpg

Christmas from DH! Love them but I have gained weight so just a boot shot, lol.

They look fantastic! And weight? pffft! Your legs look amazing!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to @missy I'm have found the perfect classic black riding boot @ duo boots!!
Thanks!!

Eager to see how they will stand the test of time. I bought black stretch nappa leather otk boots last year and had to toss them after 6 months, because the material was too delicate and had large areas where the upper layer of leather came off, whenever I scuffed the boots. Wasn't impressed.

For now the calf measurement seems accurate (no need to go up, even with jeans my measurement of 34 worked well). The shoe size is ok, but I'd advise half sizes to go up.

IMG_20200123_110753.jpg

Unflattering angle, my 8 y/o took it in the waiting room of our radiologist...she broke her toe yesterday in the shower...sigh..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to @missy I'm have found the perfect classic black riding boot @ duo boots!!
Thanks!!

Eager to see how they will stand the test of time. I bought black stretch nappa leather otk boots last year and had to toss them after 6 months, because the material was too delicate and had large areas where the upper layer of leather came off, whenever I scuffed the boots. Wasn't impressed.

For now the calf measurement seems accurate (no need to go up, even with jeans my measurement of 34 worked well). The shoe size is ok, but I'd advise half sizes to go up.

IMG_20200123_110753.jpg

Unflattering angle, my 8 y/o took it in the waiting room of our radiologist...she broke her toe yesterday in the shower...sigh..

They look great on you @kipari and I am so happy you love them!:appl:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:oops:

I might need an intervention...just ordered my third pair of duoboots. Bright red suede. Not that I needed any footwear at all. But the price was so good and my usual all black or all navy outfit will be elevated by a ruby red boot.. right? Right??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:oops:

I might need an intervention...just ordered my third pair of duoboots. Bright red suede. Not that I needed any footwear at all. But the price was so good and my usual all black or all navy outfit will be elevated by a ruby red boot.. right? Right??

You aren't going to get any arguments from me lol. I mean don't even ask how many boots I own. Of course you need red boots @kipari. All fashionable women do! :love:

Now please share photos.:appl:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Promise photos as soon as I get them!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read the other day that Kate, DucHess of Cambridge, was seen sporting a pair of SW boots, so you’re all in good company.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read the other day that Kate, DucHess of Cambridge, was seen sporting a pair of SW boots, so you’re all in good company.

Haha well, I look at it this way. They are in (our) good company @Austina :kiss:

Promise photos as soon as I get them!

Yes! I just noticed Duo has a sale going on til Tuesday...not to tempt you or anything. :devil::halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari yesterday I decided to wear my red boots (Olang) from Canada. I love these boots and it is all because of @canuk-gal I have them. So every time I wear them I think of my friend Sharon. They are waterproof and redlicious. I think we have matching colors.

olangbootsred.png

snowleggingswithredboots.png

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, missy!! When I wear my Duo boots I think if you, btw!!!
Have a wonderful day!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari yesterday I decided to wear my red boots (Olang) from Canada. I love these boots and it is all because of @canuk-gal I have them. So every time I wear them I think of my friend Sharon. They are waterproof and redlicious. I think we have matching colors.

olangbootsred.png

So even when it's miserable outside you manage to look fashionable and put together. Do you know what you're doing to the rest of us? :razz:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

olangbootsred.png

These are fabu! I remember them well!!! They look great on you!!! I've been wearing mine lately because there is so much ice everywhere. And we got a new layer of snow overnight so I'll be keeping mine close.....

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realized I should come back and update that this thread has been terrible (wonderful?) for me - I also tried these on in the store a couple weeks ago and then bought them in the taupe color:

I also tried on the red 5050s like @kipari got which I had loved online - the company had one left in my size and I was waffling, and tried on the Ledyland to kill time while I thought about it, but the Ledyland was instant love so it won out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realized I should come back and update that this thread has been terrible (wonderful?) for me - I also tried these on in the store a couple weeks ago and then bought them in the taupe color:

I also tried on the red 5050s like @kipari got which I had loved online - the company had one left in my size and I was waffling, and tried on the Ledyland to kill time while I thought about it, but the Ledyland was instant love so it won out.

So you know what I am going to write right?

We need pics!!!

457492dro0rb016c.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are fabu! I remember them well!!! They look great on you!!! I've been wearing mine lately because there is so much ice everywhere. And we got a new layer of snow overnight so I'll be keeping mine close.....

Thank you Sharon! I missed your post the first time around. I have been wearing these all week (without the spikes down) because it has been very rainy and wet here. These boots are great for rain and snow. LOVE them. Canadians know how to do winter right. :appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you know what I am going to write right?

We need pics!!!

457492dro0rb016c.gif

I know! I haven't gotten pictures of the black over-the-knee boot I got either yet. I will have to corral my husband for a fashion shoot. I haven't worn the taupe (light pinkish-beige, really) ones yet because it's been too cold and I got them to wear with dresses or shorts in the spring for that Ariana Grande style.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know! I haven't gotten pictures of the black over-the-knee boot I got either yet. I will have to corral my husband for a fashion shoot. I haven't worn the taupe (light pinkish-beige, really) ones yet because it's been too cold and I got them to wear with dresses or shorts in the spring for that Ariana Grande style.

Girl, you don't need your DH for a photo shoot. All my boot pics are selfies. Most all my pics are. It's easy. Get yourself in front of a mirror and shoot. :cool2:

Haha I got Bubbalah and my blue suede SW boots in this shot from a week or 2 ago...already shared this photo but it's the perfect example of how to take a boot selfie in front of a mirror.

bubbalahperspective.png

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girl, you don't need your DH for a photo shoot. All my boot pics are selfies. Most all my pics are. It's easy. Get yourself in front of a mirror and shoot. :cool2:

Haha I got Bubbalah and my blue suede SW boots in this shot from a week or 2 ago...already shared this photo but it's the perfect example of how to take a boot selfie in front of a mirror.

bubbalahperspective.png

This is totally crazy but my house doesn’t have a single full-length mirror. My old house didn’t either but I had one installed about a year before we moved. And I haven’t found one I like for my new house - so no ability to take boot selfies unless I wave my leg in the air to take a pic above the countertop in the bathroom!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
This is totally crazy but my house doesn’t have a single full-length mirror. My old house didn’t either but I had one installed about a year before we moved. And I haven’t found one I like for my new house - so no ability to take boot selfies unless I wave my leg in the air to take a pic above the countertop in the bathroom!

Ha ha ha I love that description!
No full length mirrors & I'm so short i need to go up on a little step stool to see my lower half in our bathroom/bedroom mirrors!

@missy I love that look!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results