shape
carat
color
clarity

Suspicious Activity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 1:29:54 AM
Author: FrekeChild
LMAO Trill! What a nerd!!!Do you think he''s trying to throw you off?
I am 99% certain that he has the ring, so yeah, he''s totally talking crazy talk!
3.gif

What a weirdo!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I gotta new one!! It's nothing really but I thought it was cute.

So, we were at Target while FF was going to the checkout to buy his groceries and I was going to look at magazines. He guides me over to the magazines and I said "Hmmm I don't know what to look at. Tell me, which one should I look at? Which one do you want me to look at?" and he points to Brides Magazine "THIS ONE!" He excitedly says.
30.gif
"Oooo, you want me to look at this one?"
4.gif
I ask him in a cute voice. "Yes, but you'd probably look at that one anyway" he told me. To which I reply "Yeah, your probably right" lol But I thought it was cute of him to point it out and let me look at it anyway...(Oh, then on page 3 was a Tiffany ad I had to point out to him.
27.gif
)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 12:10:28 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I gotta new one!! It''s nothing really but I thought it was cute.

So, we were at Target while FF was going to the checkout to buy his groceries and I was going to look at magazines. He guides me over to the magazines and I said ''Hmmm I don''t know what to look at. Tell me, which one should I look at? Which one do you want me to look at?'' and he points to Brides Magazine ''THIS ONE!'' He excitedly says.
30.gif
''Oooo, you want me to look at this one?''
4.gif
I ask him in a cute voice. ''Yes, but you''d probably look at that one anyway'' he told me. To which I reply ''Yeah, your probably right'' lol But I thought it was cute of him to point it out and let me look at it anyway...(Oh, then on page 3 was a Tiffany ad I had to point out to him.
27.gif
)
DREAM, you''re relentless and I LOVE IT!!!
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 12:10:28 PM
I gotta new one!! It''s nothing really but I thought it was cute.

So, we were at Target while FF was going to the checkout to buy his groceries and I was going to look at magazines. He guides me over to the magazines and I said ''Hmmm I don''t know what to look at. Tell me, which one should I look at? Which one do you want me to look at?'' and he points to Brides Magazine ''THIS ONE!'' He excitedly says.
30.gif
''Oooo, you want me to look at this one?''
4.gif
I ask him in a cute voice. ''Yes, but you''d probably look at that one anyway'' he told me. To which I reply ''Yeah, your probably right'' lol But I thought it was cute of him to point it out and let me look at it anyway...(Oh, then on page 3 was a Tiffany ad I had to point out to him.
27.gif
)
LOL, you have RED ALERT activity! Yay!
36.gif
Lots of dust!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
hehehe!!!!!!
27.gif

Bia- So true.....so true. Relentless is my middle name. FF has called me relentless on this subject as well! But at least I admit it!
11.gif
BTW, you have your very own thread over in Who's Who..
trill- You think it's more than I think it is? I thought it was nothing really. lol

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 12:49:21 PM
hehehe!!!!!!
27.gif

Bia- So true.....so true. Relentless is my middle name. FF has called me relentless on this subject as well! But at least I admit it!
31.gif
I never give up!! Sometimes you have to fight for what you believe in. Fight for what you love!!! lol!
11.gif

trill- You think it''s more than I think it is? I thought it was nothing really. lol
I think it depends on your guy. Mine never talks about engagements or rings or weddings, so when he does unprompted, out of the blue, I assume that is what is on his mind. And this is a good time of year to have marriage on the brain
31.gif
If nothing else, at least he''s excited! Men in love are the cutest thing EVER!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 1:05:47 PM
Author: trillionaire
I think it depends on your guy. Mine never talks about engagements or rings or weddings, so when he does unprompted, out of the blue, I assume that is what is on his mind. And this is a good time of year to have marriage on the brain
31.gif
If nothing else, at least he''s excited! Men in love are the cutest thing EVER!
Yeah, he doesn''t really talk a whole lot about it. But lately (within the past 6 months or so) he does do little things like this where he bring something up. And I noticed within the past 2 months or so, he talks future tense about me as his ''wife''
9.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
My BF hasn''t said or done anything suspicious since that one night at his parent''s house. BUT, he and my father were being very "chummy" over the holiday weekend...

My family hasn''t said a word...so now I really have no idea.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Says he wants to spend The new Years with his future fiance. First time he has EVER called me that.

purelily

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure if this counts as suspicious but...

We were just at my friend''s wedding and I was in line getting us drinks. Out of the blue, he says," So and so wants to know if we''re getting married and when we are doing it." I said," Oh, Really? What did you tell her?" He said," Yes we are thinking of getting married and we are working on it." Hmmm.. and usually I bring up engagements and weddings, but lately he''s been bringing up his share too.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So yesterday around 4:30 ish in the afternoon...we were sitting on the couch and FF''s phone rings. I asked who it was and he said that he didn''t know. It was a short convo in which on his end went something like this: "Yes this is FF...pause...yes, that''s right. Ok. Thank you so much....pause. Great, bye!" and then when he got off the phone, he was smiling.

I asked him what that was all about and he said, "A surprise for you. Maybe it''s for Christmas. Or maybe it''s for Vegas."

To which I said, "Well they are practically the same thing."

To which he smiled, nodded his head and said, "Yup. Kind of."

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 11:32:23 AM
Author: FrekeChild
So yesterday around 4:30 ish in the afternoon...we were sitting on the couch and FF''s phone rings. I asked who it was and he said that he didn''t know. It was a short convo in which on his end went something like this: ''Yes this is FF...pause...yes, that''s right. Ok. Thank you so much....pause. Great, bye!'' and then when he got off the phone, he was smiling.

I asked him what that was all about and he said, ''A surprise for you. Maybe it''s for Christmas. Or maybe it''s for Vegas.''

To which I said, ''Well they are practically the same thing.''

To which he smiled, nodded his head and said, ''Yup. Kind of.''
Sounds SUSPECT to me!
3.gif

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Don''t know if it''s suspicious but here goes:

1) Yesterday a good friend of ours was visiting for dinner. He has 2 hideous bachelor-esque Christmas decorations I joke with him about. FF mentions to my friend: Next year she doesn''t plan on making an issue out of it since we''ll have just returned from our honeymoon but the second year she figures she could get rid of one of the ornaments, and the other one the third year.

2) He referenced a Fall 2009 wedding again and how kind and gracious my dad is to let me spend time with him without a fight.

3) He suggested planning on a time to get together for a special Christmas present (he''s getting me a claudaugh ring). We''re going to an irish imports store and then to lunch at a quaint Irish Restaurant. I don''t wear much jewlery, so I''m curious if he''s trying to get an idea of my tastes/ring size before buying the e-ring!

4) Just emailed me - "the sooner you get the ring, the sooner you can wear it." I know it''s just the claudaugh but it still has so much meaning to me!
face20.gif
19.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I posted this in my other thread but I find it suspicious so I''ll mention it here as well:

So he tells me "You want me to save for a ring but then you want to raise our Christmas gift pricing..."
6.gif
(We have a set budget of $200 for Christmas gifts for each other. He wanted this sweater that would set me over budget. So last week I suggested we raise the budget by $50.........) So I''m like "Well I only wanted to raise it for you"
4.gif
nevermind then
27.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
It''s so interesting to listen to everyone talking to their FF''s about saving for rings, impending engagements, planning weddings. I really respect that you ladies can handle these things... I would go INSANE! It''s one thing for me to have sneaking suspicions, but if SO was openly talking about it, I would go CRAZY! REally bonkers!
19.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I swear to you: this is the FIRST TIME EVER that he has mentioned saving for a ring.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I've told him for the past few years that he ought to save up for a ring. But he never really said anything back. Now, as far as him asking me how I expect him to save for a ring- doesn't really mean he is "saving" yet. But at least he is thinking about it. I call that progress!
31.gif

ETA- And while typing this and then reading it, I just realized that he actually said "save for a ring" OMG why didn't I realize the significance of that before?!? YAAAAAAY!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEE!!!
30.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 12:44:43 PM
I swear to you: this is the FIRST TIME EVER that he has mentioned saving for a ring.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I've told him for the past few years that he ought to save up for a ring. But he never really said anything back. Now, as far as him asking me how I expect him to save for a ring- doesn't really mean he is 'saving' yet. But at least he is thinking about it. I call that progress!
31.gif

ETA- And while typing this and then reading it, I just realized that he actually said 'save for a ring' OMG why didn't I realize the significance of that before?!? YAAAAAAY!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEE!!!
30.gif
LOL, you're too cute! SO was lamenting how expensive rings are, and I couldn't help but feel conflicted... we've been dating for 5+ yrs, and hear him tell it, he has basically always known that I was it for him. So.... if you had been saving a little at a time over 3 of those years, it would be very affordable. I mean, it would cost less that his motorcycle, that he bought completely on a whim without saving a penny...
20.gif

ANyway, I saw that you said that Tiffany's prices have come down! Yay for you!
36.gif
I hope you get a beautiful blue box under the tree!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Well, this is suspicious either way....

We basically spent Thanksgiving apart at our separate families. He got back to our place a day before I did. After unpacking my stuff I grabbed the laptop (to surf PS of course).

I noticed that the history/cookies etc had been deleted from the computer. I said, "dammit, honey, can you PLEASE not look up p*rn on my laptop!!!"

He said "I swear I didn''t!!!" I said, "yeah, sure..." He said, "Um, actually, I WAS looking at p*rn, nevermind." I said "wait a minute, no you weren''t!!!!!" He just smiled and said "mmm hmmm."

I have files saved on the desktop of diamond wish lists, settings I love and links to James Allen and Whiteflash.

If I was a betting woman, I''d say he looked at p*rn AND diamonds! Haha. Oh men.....

katica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 1:59:22 PM
Author: Iowa Lizzy
Well, this is suspicious either way....

We basically spent Thanksgiving apart at our separate families. He got back to our place a day before I did. After unpacking my stuff I grabbed the laptop (to surf PS of course).

I noticed that the history/cookies etc had been deleted from the computer. I said, ''dammit, honey, can you PLEASE not look up p*rn on my laptop!!!''

He said ''I swear I didn''t!!!'' I said, ''yeah, sure...'' He said, ''Um, actually, I WAS looking at p*rn, nevermind.'' I said ''wait a minute, no you weren''t!!!!!'' He just smiled and said ''mmm hmmm.''

I have files saved on the desktop of diamond wish lists, settings I love and links to James Allen and Whiteflash.

If I was a betting woman, I''d say he looked at p*rn AND diamonds! Haha. Oh men.....
Awwww.. well in my case a few weeks ago on a Sunday my BF was looking at diamonds AND **** while I was at the gym.. but he only deleted the **** history so I can think he''s been a good boy. But he doesn''t know that the google tool bar will show me the recent searches! knucklehead....

LeggoMyEggo

Rough_Rock
BF told me a couple of weeks ago that he can''t propose until he talks to my dad, but he said he didn''t know how he could since we live so far away. About five days later, I told him I had just gotten off the phone with my dad, and he said, "I really need to get his number from you." Hmmmmmm... I haven''t given it to him yet, because we got interrupted right after he said that, and I don''t want to be pushy about it. I think I might write down my family contact info "just in case" for him anyway and leave it on his desk.

On a related note, while I appreciate the sentiment behind wanting to talk to my father, I really sort of wish he''d ask for the blessing of BOTH my parents. I''m not property to be passed around. But he means well, he''s just old fashioned.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 3:41:34 PM
Author: LeggoMyEggo
BF told me a couple of weeks ago that he can''t propose until he talks to my dad, but he said he didn''t know how he could since we live so far away. About five days later, I told him I had just gotten off the phone with my dad, and he said, ''I really need to get his number from you.'' Hmmmmmm... I haven''t given it to him yet, because we got interrupted right after he said that, and I don''t want to be pushy about it. I think I might write down my family contact info ''just in case'' for him anyway and leave it on his desk.

On a related note, while I appreciate the sentiment behind wanting to talk to my father, I really sort of wish he''d ask for the blessing of BOTH my parents. I''m not property to be passed around. But he means well, he''s just old fashioned.
My dad expects to be approached by any man that wants to marry me. I hate that he ''requires'' this. But I hate pretty much every marriage tradition, so...
20.gif

LeggoMyEggo

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 3:44:26 PM
Author: trillionaire

Date: 12/6/2008 3:41:34 PM
Author: LeggoMyEggo
BF told me a couple of weeks ago that he can''t propose until he talks to my dad, but he said he didn''t know how he could since we live so far away. About five days later, I told him I had just gotten off the phone with my dad, and he said, ''I really need to get his number from you.'' Hmmmmmm... I haven''t given it to him yet, because we got interrupted right after he said that, and I don''t want to be pushy about it. I think I might write down my family contact info ''just in case'' for him anyway and leave it on his desk.

My dad expects to be approached by any man that wants to marry me. I hate that he ''requires'' this. But I hate pretty much every marriage tradition, so...
20.gif
Yeah, I hear you. It must be really hard for guys these days, what with all the competing expectations of people in their lives. It''s possible to have a girlfriend who''s more modern but has super traditional parents. And even different women have different reactions to this topic. I don''t envy our men at all...

Starry-eyed

Rough_Rock
I posted some of this in a different thread, but here''s a more drawn-out version:

Over the past few days, my SO has been acting weird....

1) He randomly asked what I thought about diamonds and talked about a girl he works with who has a "huge ring"

2) He''s been telling me how he wants me to start saving more money for a trip and for my future

3) He mentioned that we should go to this certain nice restaurant we''ve been talking about lately to have a "nice holiday meal there," but afterward said maybe we should hold off until after the holidays because he''d be "spending a lot of money on Christmas presents."

4) This will be our 3rd Christmas together and this is the first year he''s bought something specifically for my parents. My father, in turn, also bought a gift for my SO for the first time...

I don''t want to read into it tooooo much, but the gift-giving is a little suspicious as well as mentioning diamonds.
28.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
This weekend we were on our way to Lowe''s to pick out some paint colors for the house...I was driving and he was in the passenger seat. We were holding hands (so my right hand in his left). I have a fun "diamond" ring that his grandma got me from TV shopping
9.gif
...anyway I wear it sometimes as a fun RHR. He started playing with it and then just took it of my finger and was inspecting it...He asks me "How big do you think this is"...I say "you mean carat size...I''m not sure...1.5 maybe 2" to which he replies..."Really?! You think?!...I think it looks smaller than that"...I just said I''m not sure but I can find out online if you want...why are you so interested?...he says " you don''t have to do that...I was just wondering"
27.gif
He has diamonds on the mind ladies!!!

And just for fun here''s my "diamond" ring that I''m refering to...

Attachments

• qvcring.gif
    8 KB · Views: 95

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
12 more days for me!!! And Friday he talked to my dad. Dad must have been very giddy about it because yesterday I saw him he gave me a hug and said congratulations! Haha! Dad! It''s supposed to be a surprise!!
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 12:03:11 PM
Author: sunnyd
12 more days for me!!! And Friday he talked to my dad. Dad must have been very giddy about it because yesterday I saw him he gave me a hug and said congratulations! Haha! Dad! It''s supposed to be a surprise!!
3.gif
sunny- that is so sweet that your guy talked to your day!!!
30.gif

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
SunnyD, that''s too funny! Dad''s are so cute sometimes. I''m so excited for you with this anticipation. Best wishes!

This weekend, SO brought up our little trip to the Irish Store on Saturday (for the claddagh ring). He said that if they only have a limited selection of claddaghs, perhaps we could visit a jewlery store on the other side of town. "And while we''re at it, perhaps you could have another finger sized?"
30.gif

So cute!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif
Yay! Dad''s are so funny sometimes! Can''t wait to hear about the official proposal and to see that ring!!!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif
Sunny I can''t believe how excited I am for you! Hooray!!
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 10:25:02 AM
Author: ams0124
This weekend we were on our way to Lowe''s to pick out some paint colors for the house...I was driving and he was in the passenger seat. We were holding hands (so my right hand in his left). I have a fun ''diamond'' ring that his grandma got me from TV shopping
9.gif
...anyway I wear it sometimes as a fun RHR. He started playing with it and then just took it of my finger and was inspecting it...He asks me ''How big do you think this is''...I say ''you mean carat size...I''m not sure...1.5 maybe 2'' to which he replies...''Really?! You think?!...I think it looks smaller than that''...I just said I''m not sure but I can find out online if you want...why are you so interested?...he says '' you don''t have to do that...I was just wondering''
27.gif
He has diamonds on the mind ladies!!!

And just for fun here''s my ''diamond'' ring that I''m refering to...
LOL, SO and I were at dinner with a friend last night, and she started looking at her finger on her left hand while she was talking, because she was noting how she couldn''t move her pinky and ring finger autonomously. I didn''t think anything of it, but SO start making comments about her naked finger, and how it was lonely or something.
33.gif
Our friend completely missed the allusion, and I played it like I didn''t know what he was talking about, even though I did.
31.gif
So we basically changed the subject and started talking about college experiences with our campus health center, but it was not lost on me that he has ''rings on the brain.''
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results